PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan’s Redskins ranked lower than Broncos on Madden 11

Denver Native (Carol)
07-20-2010, 10:46 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/videogames/

It is no secret that one of the most watched story lines in the NFL this season will be how former Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan does with his new team, the Washington Redskins. It is also safe to say that Shanahan’s success or failure could have an affect on the coaching tenure of current Broncos coach Josh McDaniels.

Shanahan made a big splash upon his arrival in Washington by trading for Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, while sending Jason Campbell to division rival Oakland, where the Broncos will potentially get to face him at least twice a season. Despite this and other moves, the folks over at EA Sports gave the Redskins a team ranking of 76 and placed them 22nd overall (fourth in the NFC East).

McDaniels’ Broncos, who made their own quaterback splash by drafting Tim Tebow, were given a 78 ranking, and are slotted 19th overall (second in the AFC West).

The video above opens with Shanahan sharing some of his coaching philosophies in the background while members of his new team are in action. I’m guessing there is going to be plenty of online action between Broncos and Redskins fans when Madden 11 hits the shelves on Aug. 10.

Ravage!!!
07-20-2010, 10:49 AM
wow... I'm not sure what to make of this. Actually, I do. I think its sad that people (not Carol) would actually write an article comparing the rankings on a game as if it has a single thing to do with real football. I guess it's no different than any other hack giving his pre-season power rankings... but still. Madden? Really?

Northman
07-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Championship.

TXBRONC
07-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Okay.

claymore
07-20-2010, 11:18 AM
I think Thomas running as our Z reciever put us over the top. :D

broncobryce
07-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Cool. Hopefully the season ends the same way.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
07-20-2010, 12:45 PM
thank goodness, what a relief!

TXBRONC
07-20-2010, 04:09 PM
thank goodness, what a relief!

Now maybe we all can get some rest.

FanInAZ
07-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Was New Orleans ranked #1 last year?

LordTrychon
07-20-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm sure that most teams would rather face Donovan McNabb than the deadly Cerberus that is the Broncos' QB position right now.

Ravage!!!
07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm sure that most teams would rather face Donovan McNabb than the deadly Cerberus that is the Broncos' QB position right now.

:lol: :elefant:

TXBRONC
07-20-2010, 09:37 PM

I wonder of McDaniels has thought bringing in Hagrid to train up his three headed dog. :ponder:

LordTrychon
07-20-2010, 10:09 PM
I wonder of McDaniels has thought bringing in Hagrid to train up his three headed dog. :ponder:

I can just see them falling asleep to the warmup music. :laugh:

sneakers
07-21-2010, 12:13 AM
I like football.

sneakers
07-21-2010, 12:14 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_J1PKNcydD54/SP0VPYjYTgI/AAAAAAAAAos/3xa094wHGrs/s400/3+headed+dog.jpg

Lonestar
07-21-2010, 07:24 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/videogames/

It is no secret that one of the most watched story lines in the NFL this season will be how former Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan does with his new team, the Washington Redskins. It is also safe to say that Shanahan’s success or failure could have an affect on the coaching tenure of current Broncos coach Josh McDaniels.

Shanahan made a big splash upon his arrival in Washington by trading for Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, while sending Jason Campbell to division rival Oakland, where the Broncos will potentially get to face him at least twice a season. Despite this and other moves, the folks over at EA Sports gave the Redskins a team ranking of 76 and placed them 22nd overall (fourth in the NFC East).

McDaniels’ Broncos, who made their own quaterback splash by drafting Tim Tebow, were given a 78 ranking, and are slotted 19th overall (second in the AFC West).

The video above opens with Shanahan sharing some of his coaching philosophies in the background while members of his new team are in action. I’m guessing there is going to be plenty of online action between Broncos and Redskins fans when Madden 11 hits the shelves on Aug. 10.

I'm guessing that the mikey supporters / Josh bashers are going to be circling the wagons on this announcement.

TXBRONC
07-21-2010, 08:51 AM
I can just see them falling asleep to the warmup music. :laugh:

They might play better that way. :D

J/K

claymore
07-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm guessing that the mikey supporters / Josh bashers are going to be circling the wagons on this announcement.

I would think that you would cricle around it. We are only rated slightly higher than a team that went 4-12 last year. One of the worst teams in the league.

T.K.O.
07-21-2010, 10:28 AM
i just hope the season turns out the way it did when i used to play madden....broncos 19-0:elefant:
p.s. its ok guys orton is not on the cover so were safe......whew;)

TXBRONC
07-21-2010, 01:03 PM
i just hope the season turns out the way it did when i used to play madden....broncos 19-0:elefant:
p.s. its ok guys orton is not on the cover so were safe......whew;)

I'm not sure if I would worry or jump for joy. :D