PDA

View Full Version : If you could have any job

SR
09-13-2007, 07:32 PM
I was watching "Inside the Actor's Studio" and at the end he always asks his guests if they could have any job other than what they do what would it be.

It got me thinking about the one job in the world I would want to do besides what I do now.

There are several jobs that I would like to do, but none that really stand out in my mind as a "dream job".

What about all of you? Any job in the world...what would it be?

shank
09-13-2007, 07:55 PM
broncos wide receiver.

SR
09-13-2007, 08:01 PM
See when I think about the ultimate "dream job" sports never even crossed my mind. Immediately I went to thinking about something along the lines of being an engine building for an NHRA team or owning a speed shop.

TXBRONC
09-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Being in the Green Berets.

KCL
09-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Gatorade girl for the Kansas City Chiefs!!!!

SR
09-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Gatorade girl for the Kansas City Chiefs!!!!

That's the best you could do? :boring:

KCL
09-13-2007, 08:38 PM
That's the best you could do? :boring:

This is the best I can think of...taking care of Tony on the
sidelines...;)

ps-SR....This was a joke!

Tned
09-13-2007, 09:06 PM
This is the best I can think of...taking care of Tony on the
sidelines...;)

ps-SR....This was a joke!

I was trying to figure out what was so great about beiing a gatoraide girl, now I get it. :)

Me, don't know if you can call it a job, but if I had the choice, it would being skilled enough to play on the PGA tour. Not sure if I would like being a club pro, since those guys work long hours and many of them don't to play as much golf as they would llke.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-13-2007, 09:34 PM
My dream job would consist of either being a teacher, or an archaeologist. Which are two of the things I'm contemplating on being right now. Not a lot of pay, but they are two things I'd enjoy. I try not to be cliche and go with the "sports" direction, etc. - but more realistic things. I guess being a professional musician wouldn't be a bad gig either. (No pun intended!)

aberdien
09-13-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm hoping to become a teacher, musician, or a pastry chef (i've been watching Ace of Cakes :P). I have a few years to think about it more, but teacher would be the more likely one out of those options.

anton...
09-13-2007, 09:50 PM
there are a few things...

one that stands out most would be to work as a host on a travel show for the rest of my life...

or being a pro freestyle skier...

or being a highly paid photographer...

that is all...

luckily, im only 19 so i could still end up doing those...
________
Volcano vaporizers (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

dogfish
09-13-2007, 09:55 PM
maxim photographer. . . . :2thumbs:

Day1BroncoFan
09-13-2007, 11:13 PM
I would like to be a travel writer. You know one of those guys that travels all over the place and then writes reviews or books or maybe even films for a TV series. :cool:

Tned
09-13-2007, 11:16 PM
maxim photographer. . . . :2thumbs:

That's a good one :2thumbs: :beer:

CinnaMunMun
09-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Animator/creator of my own cartoon and animation company. :D

shank
09-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Me, don't know if you can call it a job, but if I had the choice, it would being skilled enough to play on the PGA tour. Not sure if I would like being a club pro, since those guys work long hours and many of them don't to play as much golf as they would llke.

that's a really good one, and my second choice. golf is great cause you make a lot of money and you can pretty much play till you die. i'm going to put a lot of work in with my 2 year old nephew to make sure he ends up on the tour and can take care of the fam for the next 70 years!

SR
09-24-2007, 06:37 PM
I would be a professional dancer:elefant:.. or own my own dance studio!

I could give you some private lessons. I'm great at the horizontal mambo. :laugh:

anton...
09-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I could give you some private lessons. I'm great at the horizontal mambo. :laugh:

whos been telling you lies??

:spy:

:laugh:
________
CumParadise live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/CumParadise)

kcvet
09-25-2007, 04:34 PM
I have my perfect job. retired. hahaha I am now a professional dead beat. and I get paid fer it....................

Snapping Turtle
09-25-2007, 04:36 PM
My dream job is to be Drew Goodman's broadcasting partner. I would love to do the Rockies broadcasts!

But.

My realistic dream job is to be a high school English teacher. :cool:

SR
09-25-2007, 04:37 PM
I have my perfect job. retired. hahaha I am now a professional dead beat. and I get paid fer it....................

I'm not going to be able to hack it in the AF for another 16 years.

Kapaibro
09-25-2007, 04:39 PM
I'd like to be a fashion designer, and I have the qualifications.

I'd also like something like shoe design or jewellery design.

But Snapp and I have been talking, and I'd love to own the Rockies!

underrated29
09-25-2007, 05:40 PM
well

replace fopa as one of the avs greatest centers/all around players.

but thats not gonna happen..umm.. i guess be rich. yeah, thats my job to be rich.

or similiar to dogfish, being the playboy mansions pool boy.

seriously though, i have my dream job, i just need more experience in it to bank out.

Slick
09-25-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm working on it as we speak. I quit being an electrician to chase the dream.

SCUBA instructor for those of you who didn't already know.

Tned
09-25-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm working on it as we speak. I quit being an electrician to chase the dream.

SCUBA instructor for those of you who didn't already know.

Not too many people make a change like that to follow a dream. It's great that you did.

Slick
09-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Not too many people make a change like that to follow a dream. It's great that you did.

Thanks for saying that. I figured what the heck. I can always get a job as an electrician, pretty much anywhere in the States. I didn't want to be 60 and say to myself "I wish I would have tried .....".

SR
09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks for saying that. I figured what the heck. I can always get a job as an electrician, pretty much anywhere in the States. I didn't want to be 60 and say to myself "I wish I would have tried .....".

You have an awesome job and you know it.

Slick
09-25-2007, 08:04 PM
You have an awesome job and you know it.

I definately can't complain, SR. That's for sure.

Jody
09-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Judicial Clerk (Criminal Law)

I would enjoy being behind the scenes vs a trial attorney, and assisting a judge in researching cases presented in his courtroom.

If not that, my second choice would be a Consumer's Advocate, specializing in business ethics.

SR
09-25-2007, 10:38 PM

I would enjoy being behind the scenes vs a trial attorney, and assisting a judge in researching cases presented in his courtroom.

If not that, my second choice would be a Consumer's Advocate, specializing in business ethics.

You're here! I'm happy!!!

BigBroncLove
09-25-2007, 10:44 PM
I have the greatest job in the world, professional writer :D . I get to write from home, meet far away dealines with my publisher, and generally have a good life all around. That, and I can work from anywhere.... vacations yes please :D

Jody
09-25-2007, 10:59 PM
You're here! I'm happy!!!

Thank you SR....good to see you as well. :beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-25-2007, 11:01 PM
I changed my mind. I want to own a diamond mine.

dogfish
09-25-2007, 11:38 PM

i'd trust you in either capacity. . .

good to see you on the board HW!

:wave:

Jody
09-25-2007, 11:40 PM
i'd trust you in either capacity. . .

good to see you on the board HW!

:wave:

Why, thank you dog! And good to see you too!

SR
09-26-2007, 12:03 AM
I changed my mind. I want to own a diamond mine.

Meh...too much corruption involved in that one for me.

GEM
09-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I'd like to be a fashion designer, and I have the qualifications.

I'd also like something like shoe design or jewellery design.

But Snapp and I have been talking, and I'd love to own the Rockies!

OOOOH!! Would you by chance have Rockies Booties on display?? I mean after seeing some of the bootay pics you have posted of them, I would pay $20 just to go down and stare at bootay! Minimal game action so I could get a good look. :D

As for jobs, honestly, I wish I could be a stay at home mommy. I am missing a ton of my girls childhood working like I do. :(

Kapaibro
09-26-2007, 03:22 PM
OOOOH!! Would you by chance have Rockies Booties on display?? I mean after seeing some of the bootay pics you have posted of them, I would pay $20 just to go down and stare at bootay! Minimal game action so I could get a good look. :D

As for jobs, honestly, I wish I could be a stay at home mommy. I am missing a ton of my girls childhood working like I do. :(

I might market a Rockies calendar!

B~ly~n~ch~amp
09-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Jessica Alba's bra :eek:

SR
09-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Jessica Alba's bra :eek:

Must....bite....tongue....:eek:

Skinny
01-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Get paid to talk about football ... definitely my dream job ...

pnbronco
01-22-2008, 04:30 AM
Looking back if I knew then....

I am really good at retail. So if I had gone to work in the Bronco store 20 years ago I would have full NFL benefits, it doesn't work that way today. Also I could have gone to the Super Bowls on their dime and have a ring too.

MOtorboat
01-22-2008, 08:36 AM
I want to be the Rockies beat reporter. Or a college basketball beat reporter. Or a columnist for a major newspaper.

HolyDiver
01-22-2008, 09:34 AM
I would like to work for a carnival guessing people's weight.

SR
01-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Holy old thread Batman.

CoachChaz
01-22-2008, 09:39 AM
I think I'd want to be a Priest.

cpr940
01-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Either a professional session musician, or a sportscaster. Both would combine a passion of mine with income, which I think is the ideal for most people. You want to be able to do what you love, and live on it, at least.

If you HAPPEN to get paid very well, so be it, but we all want to at least be comfortable and not worry too much about money. If I could do that in one of those two jobs, that would probably feel like I wasn't working at all.

claymore
01-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Well, I want zero stress, no expectations and good pay and benefits. So dump truck driver is probably where I am leaning. That or just collecting SS.

CoachChaz
01-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Well, I want zero stress, no expectations and good pay and benefits. So dump truck driver is probably where I am leaning. That or just collecting SS.

Come join me in the ministry. Greatest job in the world.

MOtorboat
01-22-2008, 09:55 AM
I think I'd want to be a Priest.

You're already a reverend...

CoachChaz
01-22-2008, 09:56 AM
You're already a reverend...

I know, but anyone can do that. I'd want to be a bona fide Catholic priest.

MOtorboat
01-22-2008, 10:09 AM
I know, but anyone can do that. I'd want to be a bona fide Catholic priest.

Well, you'll be limited to young boys. Are you willing to abstain from other activity?

CoachChaz
01-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Well, you'll be limited to young boys. Are you willing to abstain from other activity?

You really think priests abstain? Think about it...everyone assumes you do, plus you get everything paid for by the church. Housing, transportation, etc. If you need a few extra bucks, you can skim from the collection baskets, all the wine you can drink and you get to hear everyone's dirty secrets in town. Can't beat it.

Poet
01-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I was watching "Inside the Actor's Studio" and at the end he always asks his guests if they could have any job other than what they do what would it be.

It got me thinking about the one job in the world I would want to do besides what I do now.

There are several jobs that I would like to do, but none that really stand out in my mind as a "dream job".

What about all of you? Any job in the world...what would it be?

Sportswriter for ESPN. Cincinnati Enquirer would not be too bad either.:elefant:

DenverBronkHoes
01-22-2008, 11:15 AM
i would love to work for NFL Films... film, edit.....

MHCBill
01-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Serial killer

DenverBronkHoes
01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
wow... MHC nice sig dude!

Phillips should be our guy... Hes a friggin menace

MHCBill
01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks Hoes.

Welcome to these boards!