Tim Tebow http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=183484

Sam Bradford http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188934

Peyton Manning http://www.peytonmanning18.com/collegestats.html

Tom Brady http://stats.ath.umich.edu/football/cmaster.php?pkey=83

Colt McCoy http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175772

Drew Brees http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brees_drew00.html

Phillip Rivers http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RivePh00.htm\
Scroll to bottom of page

Looking at the strength of the teams played.
Tim Tebow blows everyone out of the water.

Literally..........its not even close.

And why do people discount him? Because of his delivery and because he ran the ball alot.

Brees arm strength has always been questioned up until he played for New Orleans.
McCoy...sidearmed it alot
Rivers...sidearmed it

I guess the real question would be: Who is the college QB that had accomplishments comparable to Tebows, that failed in the NFL.

We arent talking about guys that played in lesser college schedules and did well. We're talking about the college powerhouses.

Who did something comparable to Tebow.....that ended up being a bust?

I cant find one.

Perhaps Mel Kiper can:http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftquarterbackbusts.php

Northman
07-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Wow. Will it ever end.

Tned
07-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Wow. Will it ever end.

12 Days, 08 Hours, 46 Minutes, 19 Seconds to the start of training camp, then things should really heat up...

Lonestar
07-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Wow. Will it ever end.

So what is the problem with a comparison.

Does it bother your sensiblities that Fans actually like our TEAM,coaches and players.

Seems like it from your responses in positive threads.

EDIT
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

WARHORSE
07-20-2010, 03:03 AM
Wow. Will it ever end.

Of course.

When you leave. :D

WARHORSE
07-20-2010, 03:04 AM
12 Days, 08 Hours, 46 Minutes, 19 Seconds to the start of training camp, then things should really heat up...

Exzactly.

When the offseason is over........the nutcrunching threads will also go.

broncophan
07-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Not sure about all this stuff......but 3 or 4 years ago.. .....if you would have told me the Broncos would have Tebow,Quinn, and Orton......(given their success in College).......going into the 2010/2011 season.....I would have thought you were nuts....

WARHORSE
07-20-2010, 05:21 AM
Not sure about all this stuff......but 3 or 4 years ago.. .....if you would have told me the Broncos would have Tebow,Quinn, and Orton......(given their success in College).......going into the 2010/2011 season.....I would have thought you were nuts....

Heh heh........true.

I guess I am finding it fun to investigate Tebow for myself.

While Ive been aware of him for several years via his popularity and play, Ive never really studied him all that much.

And now that I am, Im finding myself kinda giddy with optimism.

As I said, find the QB that had the success he did and failed on the next level.

Ive watched as much tape as I can find of him, and I cant say that I find a whole lot I dont like.

In fact, there is nothing I dont like.

So I thought Id share some of the stuff in a thread.

Its the offseason.:coffee:

TXBRONC
07-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Exzactly.

When the offseason is over........the nutcrunching threads will also go.

When has the season ever stopped you from making "nutcruching threads"? :heh:

Ravage!!!
07-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I can think of a QB that won 2 national titles, left handed, won a Heisman, and was drafted by the cardinals.

Slick
07-20-2010, 10:30 AM
I can think of a QB that won 2 national titles, left handed, won a Heisman, and was drafted by the cardinals.

I was going to say Tommie Frazier, but Leinhart is a much closer comparison.

Having said that I think we still have to take each QB on a case by case basis. Hopefullly Tebow has a little more going on between the ears than does Leinhart.

All of this Tebow hype is causing a lot of us to burn out this summer. I want to see some pre season football. That will help.

rationalfan
07-20-2010, 10:33 AM
don't sleep on leinart. he's not a star, but he's not a bust either. it's hard to get on the field when you're backing up a hall of fame quarterback.

Northman
07-20-2010, 10:35 AM

Having said that I think we still have to take each QB on a case by case basis. Hopefullly Tebow has a little more going on between the ears than does Leinhart.

All of this Tebow hype is causing a lot of us to burn out this summer. I want to see some pre season football. That will help.

Yep. An arguement can be made on any side of the coin but until we see him on the pro level its much ado about nothing. What he did in college means squat at the pro level.

Nomad
07-20-2010, 10:36 AM

Yeah, I want the young man to succeed because that means good things for the BRONCOS, but I hate overhyping a player before they've proven themselves and some of his threads here are nausiating.

Ravage!!!
07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
don't sleep on leinart. he's not a star, but he's not a bust either. it's hard to get on the field when you're backing up a hall of fame quarterback.

When you draft a QB in the first round, you want to get them on the field as soon as possible. They took Warner to NY, with the expectations of him tutoring Manning. After one season, they let Warner go so that they could hand the reigns over to their new QB.

Warner wasn't in AZ before Leinart was drafted, they didn't even bring him over the first season to tutor him. They brought Warner over after they had a chance to see Leinart play.

Leinart hasn't been considered a bust because he sat behind Warner (like Rodgers behind Favre)..but because of is HORRENDOUS play on the field.

Ravage!!!
07-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I want the young man to succeed because that means good things for the BRONCOS, but I hate overhyping a player before they've proven themselves and some of his threads here are nausiating.

The problem I have with all the hype, is that it just piles on more onto a stack that just raises the expectations. The expectations of Tebow are OFF THE CHARTS because of all the ridiculous threads and comparisons. Throw in the normal stuff like college success.. then the fact that Denver used 4 picks to get him... the expectations just keep rising. The unbelievable and overboard Florida following, the "Tebow Tracker" on ESPN's website.... its its a "perfect storm" to spell disappointment.

We all want this kid to succeed. Hell, we absolutely NEED him to succeed. But as of right now, the level of play that is needed to reach the over-blown expectations and irrational hype... is just too high.

Slick
07-20-2010, 10:44 AM

You know what has really surprised me more than anything this off season? The amount of people who have jumped on the Broncos bandwagon simply because of Tebow.

I love college football too. But I'll be damned if I switch my allegiances to another pro team just because of a QB that went to my school. I'd root for the guy to do well but that's as far as I could take it. I'm just not wired like that.

Northman
07-20-2010, 10:48 AM
You know what has really surprised me more than anything this off season? The amount of people who have jumped on the Broncos bandwagon simply because of Tebow.

Im am so highly annoyed by that if im being honest. Being a UVA fan i love a lot of players to come out of there like Chris Long but ill be damned if i would dump Denver to root for the Rams. Ill support them as players but thats the extent of it.

Nomad
07-20-2010, 10:51 AM

I love college football too. But I'll be damned if I switch my allegiances to another pro team just because of a QB that went to my school. I'd root for the guy to do well but that's as far as I could take it. I'm just not wired like that.

I love college football as well. I would be damned if I had followed J. Russell from LSU or Ryan Leaf from WAZZU:D (lots of LSU players in the AFC West). At least the BRONCOS gave Matt Mauck a try (who led LSU to their first BCS Championship).

Ravage!!!
07-20-2010, 10:56 AM
at the same time, these fans that are becoming Bronco fans most probably didn't have a favorite NFL team. Maybe they purely watched college, were young and hadn't made up their minds, or simply wasn't as loyal to their particular team.

When I was a kid, I was raised a Chiefs fan. A LOT of people become fans of a team simply because their parents were fans. When I was 13, QB of the junior high football team, I decided I wanted to pick my own football team. I followed John Elway (after watching him in college and watching that miraculous "pitch pitch pitch" return at the end of the game and into the band) that he was my favorite player, and followed him to Denver.

I've been a die-hard fan since. Doesn't matter why people come Bronco fans. It just means there are now more Bronco fans. :salute:

Slick
07-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Well said Rav. ...and I'm not hating on anyone, I just got caught by surprise. I didn't realize the kind of following the kid had.

Trying to stay on topic here also. I'm not sure how many of us thought QB was a pressing need this off season. I did.

Had I been picking for Denver I would have picked the same guy. I might have gone about it differently but if you would have asked me who would I want between Bradford, Claussen, McCoy, Tebow and the rest of those guys, I'd have picked Tebow.

Northman
07-20-2010, 11:17 AM
at the same time, these fans that are becoming Bronco fans most probably didn't have a favorite NFL team. Maybe they purely watched college, were young and hadn't made up their minds, or simply wasn't as loyal to their particular team.

When I was a kid, I was raised a Chiefs fan. A LOT of people become fans of a team simply because their parents were fans. When I was 13, QB of the junior high football team, I decided I wanted to pick my own football team. I followed John Elway (after watching him in college and watching that miraculous "pitch pitch pitch" return at the end of the game and into the band) that he was my favorite player, and followed him to Denver.

I've been a die-hard fan since. Doesn't matter why people come Bronco fans. It just means there are now more Bronco fans. :salute:

In some cases maybe. But a couple of fans on here who have recently joined are also Jagwad fans so im not totally buying your theory here. I do agree however that a lot of it is instilled when your young as my parents were Bronco fans and although i followed the Cowboys early on i became a Bronco fan in 82' and have been ever since. My guess is if Tebow fails or is traded a lot of them will just disappear.

TXBRONC
07-20-2010, 11:26 AM

Almost the mirror image accept for the fact Tim is more mobile.

Ravage!!!
07-20-2010, 11:32 AM
In some cases maybe. But a couple of fans on here who have recently joined are also Jagwad fans so im not totally buying your theory here. I do agree however that a lot of it is instilled when your young as my parents were Bronco fans and although i followed the Cowboys early on i became a Bronco fan in 82' and have been ever since. My guess is if Tebow fails or is traded a lot of them will just disappear.

Maybe. But of the THOUSANDS of new Bronco fans that have appeared since the drafting of Tebow (99% from florida)... thats just that much more money that will instill into the success of Denver. Lets say only 10% of the 100,000 new fans stay after TEbow is gone (a small percentage and a small estimate of the new number of fans). Thats a lot of jerseys, tickets, and families being made that pass on the Denver fanbase.

Not to mention, it might be good to have some of that Florida Gator loudness in the stands!

If nothing else... Tebow will get Denver some prime-time games. At least early on.

CoachChaz
07-20-2010, 11:35 AM
If Tebow wasnt the second son of God and didnt have a million people trying everything in their power to find flaws in him...most of the "issues" with him wouldnt be issues at all.

Take Tebow's skills and accomplishments and make him a regular college kid that was playing football, getting drunk, getting laid and accepting money from alumni and his stock would have been a lot higher going into the draft.

ill he be successful? who knows. Maybe the Jesus factor and the humility he lives by will help make him successful. We wont know for awhile. But to hate a guy and his delivery simply because the media continues to look for flaws in a good guy, is ridiculous.

As far as Leinart goes...no, he didnt look good immediately. but how many QB's do? A few years in and he seems to have his priorities straight and he looked decent in spot play last year. We'll see this year if he has progressed or not. You can compare the physical abilities of the two, but NFL QB's rarely succeed based on physical abilities alone.

underrated29
07-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Well said Rav. ...and I'm not hating on anyone, I just got caught by surprise. I didn't realize the kind of following the kid had.

Trying to stay on topic here also. I'm not sure how many of us thought QB was a pressing need this off season. I did.

Had I been picking for Denver I would have picked the same guy. I might have gone about it differently but if you would have asked me who would I want between Bradford, Claussen, McCoy, Tebow and the rest of those guys, I'd have picked Tebow.

WOW!

That is a surprise....I would have taken bradford.....Bradford looks to be close to the next peyton...Ofcourse tebow could be better than all of them. But wow...Interesting..

To me bradford seems to fit our scheme better. And tebow seems to have fit shannys old scheme better...

Dont get me wrong, I love tebow and think he will change the way the QB position is played, and do exceptionally well for us..I just found it interesting you liked him over bradford. Rightfully so -i should add.

TXBRONC
07-20-2010, 11:42 AM

Do you remember when Denver drafted Quentin Griffin? We had a pack of Sooner fans that all of sudden we're fans of the Broncos until he was cut.

I hope that doesn't happen to Tebow because means Denver would have to start all over again in finding a franchise quarterback. In any event I know that the majority of us will be here regardless of what happens with Tim. We were hear before he came will be here after he is gone whenever that I might be.

Dreadnought
07-20-2010, 11:44 AM
If Tebow wasnt the second son of God and didnt have a million people trying everything in their power to find flaws in him...most of the "issues" with him wouldnt be issues at all.

Take Tebow's skills and accomplishments and make him a regular college kid that was playing football, getting drunk, getting laid and accepting money from alumni and his stock would have been a lot higher going into the draft.

ill he be successful? who knows. Maybe the Jesus factor and the humility he lives by will help make him successful. We wont know for awhile. But to hate a guy and his delivery simply because the media continues to look for flaws in a good guy, is ridiculous.

As far as Leinart goes...no, he didnt look good immediately. but how many QB's do? A few years in and he seems to have his priorities straight and he looked decent in spot play last year. We'll see this year if he has progressed or not. You can compare the physical abilities of the two, but NFL QB's rarely succeed based on physical abilities alone.

Agreed. I'm not sure Tebow will be a success in the NFL, but it sure will be a pleasure to root for a guy who seems to act like a pretty good human being - and whose success means success for the Broncos down the road. Parties at Tebow's house might not involve a whole lot of everyone's idea of fun n' games, but they are also unlikely to land TT in Roger Goodell's office or the court system. Those are good things

BroncoWave
07-20-2010, 11:54 AM
The problem I have with all the hype, is that it just piles on more onto a stack that just raises the expectations. The expectations of Tebow are OFF THE CHARTS because of all the ridiculous threads and comparisons. Throw in the normal stuff like college success.. then the fact that Denver used 4 picks to get him... the expectations just keep rising. The unbelievable and overboard Florida following, the "Tebow Tracker" on ESPN's website.... its its a "perfect storm" to spell disappointment.

We all want this kid to succeed. Hell, we absolutely NEED him to succeed. But as of right now, the level of play that is needed to reach the over-blown expectations and irrational hype... is just too high.

I couldn't disagree with this more. If you watch ESPN, 90% of the people who talk about him think his game won't translate to the NFL and that he will fail. Yeah ESPN has hyped him and talked about him alot, and most of that was positive hype in college, but now I would say the talk about him is more negative than positive.

Yeah the expectations in Denver may be higher than in the national media but do you really think Tebow cares about any of that stuff? Everything I have ever heard about him would suggest otherwise.

One thing I am 100% certain about is that if Tebow were to fail, it wouldn't be because he crumpled under the pressure of the hype, it would simply be that he gave it his all and just wasn't good enough.

TXBRONC
07-20-2010, 11:58 AM

Same here. I love college football and have been a big USC for as long as I've been a Broncos fan but I'm going to jump on a bandwagon because one player or another that went to USC.

It also not right for people to lable others as negative just because they say "Lets wait and see what he does before we proclaim him a great NFL quarterback."

Slick
07-20-2010, 12:09 PM
WOW!

That is a surprise....I would have taken bradford.....Bradford looks to be close to the next peyton...Ofcourse tebow could be better than all of them. But wow...Interesting..

To me bradford seems to fit our scheme better. And tebow seems to have fit shannys old scheme better...

Dont get me wrong, I love tebow and think he will change the way the QB position is played, and do exceptionally well for us..I just found it interesting you liked him over bradford. Rightfully so -i should add.

Bradford's durability issues bothered me, and I like a QB who is mobile.

If you made me choose between an Elway or a Marino I'm taking Elway all day. Being able to scramble for a first on a 3rd and 6 late in the game is just too valuable.

broncophan
07-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Heh heh........true.

I guess I am finding it fun to investigate Tebow for myself.

While Ive been aware of him for several years via his popularity and play, Ive never really studied him all that much.

And now that I am, Im finding myself kinda giddy with optimism.

As I said, find the QB that had the success he did and failed on the next level.

Ive watched as much tape as I can find of him, and I cant say that I find a whole lot I dont like.

In fact, there is nothing I dont like.

So I thought Id share some of the stuff in a thread.

Its the offseason.:coffee:

I agree 100%......obviously....whoever the qb is.....we want them to be successful.....

turftoad
07-20-2010, 01:23 PM

And...... lets not forget leading the league in jersey sales.

WARHORSE
07-20-2010, 02:00 PM
When has the season ever stopped you from making "nutcruching threads"? :heh:

I dont make nut cruching threads. :D

WARHORSE
07-20-2010, 02:15 PM

Who doesnt know that Tebow has to prove it on the next level?

As for threads adding to the hype......good god.

Hype will be there regardless, and more hype will be there for players with college accomplishments like Tebow.

So making a thread with a side by side comparison of college careers adds to the amount of possible disappointment in the future, therefore, dont make threads with side by side comparisons just in case?

Thats near moronic. (close anyway;))

Youve gone off the ability to have a conversation about a thread topic, and bring in your own views of what kinds of threads people should make here?

Start a thread about how you hate the Tebow hype...and live there.

That way, those who would like to discuss the college accomplishments of certain QBs can do so without having the conversations raped with people who are bummed out about Tebow hype.

Sounds like an amicable set up to me...........:salute:

WARHORSE
07-20-2010, 02:17 PM
And...... lets not forget leading the league in jersey sales.

Yeah. I can see everyone now if Tebow doesnt pan out:

"MAN!!!! And to think he started off by leading the league in jersey sales! When I saw that, I just knew we were going to win the superbowl!"

claymore
07-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Now that I think about it.....red velvet cake is pretty damn good....

That is a darn good cake. I cant get that dang coconut creme pie outta my head though. :pissed:

underrated29
07-20-2010, 02:51 PM
That is a darn good cake. I cant get that dang coconut creme pie outta my head though. :pissed:

How the eff! did that get in here?

pnbronco
07-20-2010, 02:54 PM

Dang you Clay, I've read every post to find out what is going on with cake and pie and could not find it. I just got back from lunch and for some reason it sounded good, but was trying to find out if it meant something else.....:confused:

claymore
07-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Dang you Clay, I've read every post to find out what is going on with cake and pie and could not find it. I just got back from lunch and for some reason it sounded good, but was trying to find out if it meant something else.....:confused:

I think there must be a hacker afoot. But that pie sounds awesome doesnt it? I want to smear it on Warhorse's glistening body.
:eating:

Ravage!!!
07-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Who doesnt know that Tebow has to prove it on the next level?

As for threads adding to the hype......good god.

Hype will be there regardless, and more hype will be there for players with college accomplishments like Tebow.

So making a thread with a side by side comparison of college careers adds to the amount of possible disappointment in the future, therefore, dont make threads with side by side comparisons just in case?

Thats near moronic. (close anyway;))

Youve gone off the ability to have a conversation about a thread topic, and bring in your own views of what kinds of threads people should make here?

Start a thread about how you hate the Tebow hype...and live there.

That way, those who would like to discuss the college accomplishments of certain QBs can do so without having the conversations raped with people who are bummed out about Tebow hype.

Sounds like an amicable set up to me...........:salute:

I'm going to say the same thing you always say to me... Did you read my post??

I never ONCE was regarding this thread in particular, NOR, did I mention people shouldn't make threads. I was talking about hype in general, as it applies to Tim Tebow and the expectations that hype generates.

As far as your "good god" about threads adding to hype... that's hardly what I said. However, since the threads are made by fans, and fans read the threads..whether its here, there, or everywhere else....the threads are just PART of the hype. They ILLUSTRATE the points of such hype. The number of threads made is an EXAMPLE of just how much hype there is... thus part of the point.

Your thread doesn't "add to the disappointment of the future".. Get over yourself. The 'hype' is used in a general sense of ALL the hype that surrounds Tim Tebow and the Broncos right now BECAUSE of Tim Tebow.

NOWHERE, did I even SUGGEST (for a tiny second), that threads shouldn't be started. Again, as you've said to me.... read what is typed. Sounds like an amicable set up to me...........:salute:

I was going to respond to the rest of your post, but its so far off I'll just stop here.

Dreadnought
07-20-2010, 03:08 PM
I think there must be a hacker afoot. But that pie sounds awesome doesnt it? I want to smear it on Warhorse's glistening body.

:tsk:

You are obvioulsly letting yourself be distracted by shiny metal objects again. The thread he is referring to was here

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157493

Back to Tebow; I do not believe in drafting mobile QB's who are not named Steve Young. I did however get tired of watching Kyle Orton get trounced by our opposition last year, as he is (to be charitable) not nifty or tricky or much of anything else in the pocket. If Brady Quinn is the solution then Claymore and Dogfish will jump off of a bridge together - therefore - Tim Tebow is it. He is the future. I do think he has so many intangibles on his side (football intelligence, work ethic, sense of self, size, athleticism) that my normal reservations are not valid, so I'll hope for the best, secure that we have a QB unlikely to be involved in strip joint shootings or sexual assaults in a public bathroom. Thats good enough for me!

Ravage!!!
07-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Thats good enough for me!

Wait.... is it really?

claymore
07-20-2010, 03:23 PM

You are obvioulsly letting yourself be distracted by shiny metal objects again. The thread he is referring to was here

Back to Tebow; I do not believe in drafting mobile QB's who are not named Steve Young. I did however get tired of watching Kyle Orton get trounced by our opposition last year, as he is (to be charitable) not nifty or tricky or much of anything else in the pocket. If Brady Quinn is the solution then Claymore and Dogfish will jump off of a bridge together - therefore - Tim Tebow is it. He is the future. I do think he has so many intangibles on his side (football intelligence, work ethic, sense of self, size, athleticism) that my normal reservations are not valid, so I'll hope for the best, secure that we have a QB unlikely to be involved in strip joint shootings or sexual assaults in a public bathroom. Thats good enough for me!

Im scared that McDaniels loser Brother is actualy coaching Tebow. We could be setting him back yearssssss.

pnbronco
07-20-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't watch college football at all so the whole Tebow hype I'm finding really strange. I just don't get excited about someone who has never thrown a ball in a NFL game when it counts.

I do like good work ethics so in that respect I'm impressed with all of our QB's right now. I hope they have a great camp and we have a clear starter sooner than later. I would just like to end the season with more answers than questions and see that we are on our way to a strong future.

For my own personal reasons I'm really liking Quinn. So just know that Clay and Dog if you need to jump off a bridge please let me know ahead of time and I'll make you either a pie or cake, but you'll have to share it.....;)

Ravage!!!
07-20-2010, 03:28 PM
I couldn't disagree with this more. If you watch ESPN, 90% of the people who talk about him think his game won't translate to the NFL and that he will fail. Yeah ESPN has hyped him and talked about him alot, and most of that was positive hype in college, but now I would say the talk about him is more negative than positive.

Yeah the expectations in Denver may be higher than in the national media but do you really think Tebow cares about any of that stuff? Everything I have ever heard about him would suggest otherwise.

One thing I am 100% certain about is that if Tebow were to fail, it wouldn't be because he crumpled under the pressure of the hype, it would simply be that he gave it his all and just wasn't good enough.

Doesn't matter what Tim Tebow cares about. It only matters what happens on the field. As you said, if Tebow fails its because he's not good enough. I never once suggested Tebow would fail because of the pressure. I said that the hype surrounding Tim Tebow raises the expectations..... which is from the fans. So if Tebow fails because he's not good enough, then that doesn't take away from the length of the drop. The expectations are high with the fans and their perception of what SHOULD be accomplished after all such hype.

TXBRONC
07-20-2010, 04:05 PM

I wouldn't worry about Dog and Clay jumping off a bridge. They would just go over to Juarez and drink some tequila and as long as Clay got the worm everything would be fine. :D

WARHORSE
07-20-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm going to say the same thing you always say to me... Did you read my post??

I never ONCE was regarding this thread in particular, NOR, did I mention people shouldn't make threads. I was talking about hype in general, as it applies to Tim Tebow and the expectations that hype generates.

As far as your "good god" about threads adding to hype... that's hardly what I said. However, since the threads are made by fans, and fans read the threads..whether its here, there, or everywhere else....the threads are just PART of the hype. They ILLUSTRATE the points of such hype. The number of threads made is an EXAMPLE of just how much hype there is... thus part of the point.

Your thread doesn't "add to the disappointment of the future".. Get over yourself. The 'hype' is used in a general sense of ALL the hype that surrounds Tim Tebow and the Broncos right now BECAUSE of Tim Tebow.

NOWHERE, did I even SUGGEST (for a tiny second), that threads shouldn't be started. Again, as you've said to me.... read what is typed. Sounds like an amicable set up to me...........:salute:

I was going to respond to the rest of your post, but its so far off I'll just stop here.

I guess the old addage, perception is in the eye of the reader should hold true.......is that an addage?

Well, see the little winky face in there?

The comments werent meant to incite........but make an opposing view.

Sorry it came off that way, but those are my thoughts.

Peace. :cool:

WARHORSE
07-20-2010, 04:31 PM
For my own personal reasons I'm really liking Quinn. So just know that Clay and Dog if you need to jump off a bridge please let me know ahead of time and I'll make you either a pie or cake, but you'll have to share it.....;)

We all know about your 'personal' reasons for really liking Quinn Pn.....

.....and thats not football related. :D

pnbronco
07-20-2010, 04:37 PM
We all know about your 'personal' reasons for really liking Quinn Pn.....

.....and thats not football related. :D

Well.....there is more to it than just wanting to smear pie all over his body, but it's a darn good start...........:laugh:

WARHORSE
07-20-2010, 04:39 PM

.........Warhorse's glistening body.

That is an oxy.......moron.

:D

WARHORSE
07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Well.....there is more to it than just wanting to smear pie all over his body, but it's a darn good start...........:laugh:

That wasnt an invitation to share your illicit thoughts with us P, somehow I dont think it conjures up the same reaction for the guys here as it does you and the ladies........;)

Except for Claymore that is.:lol:

Nomad
07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't watch college football at all so the whole Tebow hype I'm finding really strange. I just don't get excited about someone who has never thrown a ball in a NFL game when it counts.

.;)

Would you take a QB with a mean jumpshot.....he's beaten LSU a couple times with it.:D

Tebow has the potential and I'm on his bandwagon since being drafted because I know what he did in college. I just get annoyed with all these newcomers with their endless threads slobbering of Tebow.

I'll take the best QB who gives the BRONCOS the best chances to win and soon we'll find out!!

Northman
07-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Im scared that McDaniels loser Brother is actualy coaching Tebow. We could be setting him back yearssssss.

:lol::lol:

nevcraw
07-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Would you take a QB with a mean jumpshot.....he's beaten LSU a couple times with it.:D

Tebow has the potential and I'm on his bandwagon since being drafted because I know what he did in college. I just get annoyed with all these newcomers with their endless threads slobbering of Tebow.

I'll take the best QB who gives the BRONCOS the best chances to win and soon we'll find out!!

I like to refer to it as the Tebagon. :salute:

BroncoWave
07-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Doesn't matter what Tim Tebow cares about. It only matters what happens on the field. As you said, if Tebow fails its because he's not good enough. I never once suggested Tebow would fail because of the pressure. I said that the hype surrounding Tim Tebow raises the expectations..... which is from the fans. So if Tebow fails because he's not good enough, then that doesn't take away from the length of the drop. The expectations are high with the fans and their perception of what SHOULD be accomplished after all such hype.

Ok, but if he fails he fails. Really doesn't make a difference how much hype he had to start. It may be a bigger disappointment in the eyes of the fans but as far as actual results on the field, it would be no different than if a first round QB with no hype failed. It's just as much of a wasted first round pick either way.

Lonestar
07-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Ok, but if he fails he fails. Really doesn't make a difference how much hype he had to start. It may be a bigger disappointment in the eyes of the fans but as far as actual results on the field, it would be no different than if a first round QB with no hype failed. It's just as much of a wasted first round pick either way.

But some have a vested interest in seeing that he fails so MUC more will be made of it.

Some members as well as media have staked their REPs on vowing that he will not succeed, just like many other day one picks do not. Linking his name to Leinhart is ridiculous even if the accomplishments are similar, ML is a party pretty boy and has been since HS days and going to USC did not slow him down bait.

Tebow pretty grounded kid that KNOWS hard work is the salvation of his career ML decided he was the golden boy from USC and he could do it by partying harder than practicing.

Does anyone see any comparisons there?

We did not give up all that much for him IIRC after every thing was said and done it was our actual 4th round pick to move up to get him..

Sure I know some will say wow it took 4 picks to get him but in actuality it was only our fourth that we had to use to get him all the other picks were freebies.

If he fails which IMHO is unlikely we still have a superb athlete on the roster and I'm sure Josh will find something for him to do and DO WELL.

Ravage!!!
07-21-2010, 09:31 AM

I think you are missing the point.

Since the expectations have risen, and they have, then MORE is needed to meet those expectations. Failure to meet expectations is different than purely 'failure.'

Many times we've seen a player fail because he was a first round pick. Had they been a 3rd round pick, they would have been fine. The expectations of a 1st roudn pick are higher, thus more is expected from them. Meaning they can't perform just ok, they have to perform superbly.

If you then raise the expectations of THAT 1st round player, then the expectations are even that much HIGHER to reach and/or exceed. As of right now, I find it very hard to see Tebow ever reaching those expectations.... THUS... making it much EASIER to "fail" at what was expected.

There is no way, that if Tebow doesn't succeed as a QB here, he simply is rotated into another position for us to simply 'use' as we want. Won't happen. Kordell Stewart was one of the all-time most versatile player in the NFL. What happened when he didn't make it as a QB at Pittsburgh? He tried to be a QB somewhere else, and then somewhere else.

Understand, that I'm not saying he's going to be a failure as a player/person. I'm saying that the expectations of this kid is high, VERY high, and only rising. Reggie Bush had those kind of expectations when coming out of college. Being labeled a better NFL prospect than Tebow at the draft. Is a decent player, but never coming close to expectations... thus people expected him to be traded away.

If Tebow is a failure, its NOT just another wasted first round pick. Its a colossal wasted pick. One that has much riding on it than just Tebow's job. One that had 4 picks tied to it in one of the deepest drafts in the last decade. One that had us replacing a QB that was chosen ahead of better draft picks the previous year. One that the entire football NATION is watching, evaluating, criticizing/complimenting/talking about. Its in the EYE of the football world, and one that is tied directly to the make/break of McD.

TXBRONC
07-21-2010, 01:33 PM

You always hear that if a quarterback taken in the first round fails it can set a franchise back several years. I've never heard that about any other position although I would imagine there would be at least some truth to it for other positions as well especially when you're talking about the top 10 to 15 players taken in the draft.

At any rate I know we all want Tebow to succeed because that should correlate to Denver succeeding as well.

Ravage!!!
07-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Some members as well as media have staked their REPs on vowing that he will not succeed, just like many other day one picks do not. Linking his name to Leinhart is ridiculous even if the accomplishments are similar, ML is a party pretty boy and has been since HS days and going to USC did not slow him down bait.

Tebow pretty grounded kid that KNOWS hard work is the salvation of his career ML decided he was the golden boy from USC and he could do it by partying harder than practicing.

Does anyone see any comparisons there?

This doesn't even make sense. The production on the NFL field is all that matters. Not what they do in their offtime, their college partyingtime, or their dating scene. The only thing we have to use as a comparison for anything "Tebow" right now, is the college success and accomplishments. Matt Leinart had just as much accomplishments as Tebow had (AND he did it while partying!!). So to try and take those accomplishments away, or, try and minimize them because he was doing them and being more of a college guy than Tebow was....is absurd.

Matt's partying has nothing to do with the National Titles he had at USC. Tebow's "non-partying" and "hard work" hasn't won him a single game in the NFL, yet. To even SUGGEST that these two players are NOT comparable, is being intentionally blind.... and doing it for NO reason.

NO ONE is saying that Tebow is going to have the success/failure that Leinart has had in the NFL simply because they had the same success/failures in college. The question was asked if there was a QB that has ever failed that has had the success Tebow did in college... and considering there is one in the NFL right NOW, and not having to look back in the history of the league... I would say YES.... QBs have failed with the same success that Tebow has had. RIGHT DOWN to both losing their 3rd National Championship.

Does anyone really NOT see any comparisons there? REally?