PDA

View Full Version : NFL commissioner Goodell to visit seven camps next month

Denver Native (Carol)
07-19-2010, 04:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819277f8/article/nfl-commissioner-goodell-to-visit-seven-camps-next-month

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell plans to visit seven teams' training camps leading up to Hall of Fame weekend, league spokesman Greg Aiello announced Friday via Twitter.

Goodell will first meet with New Orleans on Aug. 2. Then the commissioner will join Hall of Fame coach and retired television analyst John Madden on his bus for visits to the Philadelphia Eagles on Aug. 3, the Baltimore Ravens and Washington Redskins on Aug. 4, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns on Aug. 5, and the Indianapolis Colts on Aug. 7.

Goodell will attend the Hall of Fame festivities on Aug. 6 and the induction ceremony on Aug. 7, after the Colts camp visit.

Aiello said Goodell's schedule is tentative, but the commissioner wants to meet with players, coaches and fans through the trip "to hear what's up."

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported last month that Goodell also is scheduled to attend the Green Bay Packers' annual shareholders meeting July 29. Goodell will answer questions submitted in writing by shareholders.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Heck ya Goodell - keep that east coast bias flame burning, rather than pulling your head out of your butt and extend your presence beyond the east coast region :tsk:

TXBRONC
07-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Heck ya Goodell - keep that east coast bias flame burning, rather than pulling your head out of your butt and extend your presence beyond the east coast region :tsk:

Well he hasn't come out to Colorado because you haven't invited him Carol. :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Well he hasn't come out to Colorado because you haven't invited him Carol. :tsk:

He probably has no clue where Colorado even is :tsk:

jhildebrand
07-19-2010, 09:29 PM
My guess is the commish's trip is that way because it is with Madden. We all know Madden wont get on a plane and I AM SURE the commish doesn't want to be stuck with Madden on a bus for multiple days in a row listening to "boom" "pow" and other Madden-isms.

TXBRONC
07-19-2010, 10:14 PM
My guess is the commish's trip is that way because it is with Madden. We all know Madden wont get on a plane and I AM SURE the commish doesn't want to be stuck with Madden on a bus for multiple days in a row listening to "boom" "pow" and other Madden-isms.

I just see it now, Goodell finally has enough Maddenism and puts a beat down on him.