PDA

View Full Version : John Elway is second in the Tahoe Golf Tourn

pnbronco
07-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Please feel free to move this mods, but I wanted as many to read that were on. Elway has been playing in the Tahoe Golf Tourn. Right now he is second and playing really well. It's nice to see him again, live.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Final round is on now on NBC

BroncoWave
07-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Always great to watch Elway play a sport competitively!

BroncoWave
07-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Another former Broncos QB Steve Beurlein in the event, as is Mike Shanahan.

broncophan
07-18-2010, 04:28 PM
$50,000 for Elway if he finishes second......pocket change for him.
On a side note......Charles Barkley has really put on some pounds.....funny to watch his golf swing...

BroncoWave
07-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Looks like he's gonna fall to 3rd. John Smoltz with a gimme eagle putt to pass him on the last hole.

EDIT: Smoltz missed it! Elway could still finish in second!

BroncoWave
07-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Elway finishes in a 4 way tie for second with Tony Romo, Jack Wagner and John Smoltz. Would have had second all alone but threw on a double bogey on the last hole. Still a nice job overall for Elway!

Tned
07-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Damn, sorry I missed it. I always like to watch the Tahoe celbrity match (not sure if it's still American Century). Who won?

BroncoWave
07-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Damn, sorry I missed it. I always like to watch the Tahoe celbrity match (not sure if it's still American Century). Who won?

Billy Joe Tolliver. Set the record for best score in this tournament. It wasn't even close between he and second place.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Billy Joe Tolliver. Set the record for best score in this tournament. It wasn't even close between he and second place.

3rd time he has won it

honz
07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Elway finishes in a 4 way tie for second with Tony Romo, Jack Wagner and John Smoltz. Would have had second all alone but threw on a double bogey on the last hole. Still a nice job overall for Elway!
He never was very good at handling pressure situations.

Tned
07-19-2010, 02:37 AM

3rd time he has won it

I was just about to ask if he's won it before. I know in past years I remember him doing real good, but usually pay more attention to who's playing, and the fan interaction as the golf itself, since it varies from really good to, well, Charles Barkley.

pnbronco
07-19-2010, 10:42 AM
I was just about to ask if he's won it before. I know in past years I remember him doing real good, but usually pay more attention to who's playing, and the fan interaction as the golf itself, since it varies from really good to, well, Charles Barkley.

They said that Billy Joe had won it first in the 90's, 00's, and now in 2010. He is such a nice guy and when they interviewed him after 18 he said that his caddie's father had been really sick last year during the tournament and he tried to win it for him. He had died shortly after that so he was really trying to win it in his memory and chocked up while he was talking about it. It sounded like he had been taking lessons to gear up his game. Billy also said thank you for giving the $ 125,000 to my wife when they handed him the check.

Hank Hanney was out there too this time. He was hanging out with Charles and they may have come up with something new. For awhile he would hit the ball one handed with his right hand. Then he started trying to hit two hand with his left. Whatever that jerk he can't seem to stop with 2 hands on the right is not there when he hits left. I even saw him get par on a 3 hole and he was so much happier.

T.K.O.
07-19-2010, 10:56 AM
i thought it was really cool when that little kid ran up to John with a football and asked him to sign it,and he did....still a great guy !

Tned
07-19-2010, 04:33 PM
i thought it was really cool when that little kid ran up to John with a football and asked him to sign it,and he did....still a great guy !

Did he have any trick or treat candy? Was it the good suff or the cheap stuff? ;)