PDA

View Full Version : Peyton HIllis Highlights

Tned
06-15-2008, 04:27 PM
These were posted on Mania. The second one is a single 65 yard TD (or so). The first one is a very good highlight reel showing his running and catching ability.

CI8jgpz_K_g

y5alq9LRUNk

SR
06-15-2008, 04:58 PM
He runs funny.

jrelway
06-15-2008, 05:06 PM
man runs with some authority. i loved the part where he runs over that one linebacker.

Tned
06-15-2008, 05:21 PM
man runs with some authority. i loved the part where he runs over that one linebacker.

I'm only a casual razorback fan, so I am not as familiar with the team as many. A number of Hog fanatics that know I am a Broncos fan have told me they wouldn't be surprised if he was used as a RB or running FB, based a lot on his first year when he was used as a tailback.

I would love to see the Broncos have a FB that got regular carries. It is one more thing the defenses will have to prepare for.

pnbronco
06-15-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm only a casual razorback fan, so I am not as familiar with the team as many. A number of Hog fanatics that know I am a Broncos fan have told me they wouldn't be surprised if he was used as a RB or running FB, based a lot on his first year when he was used as a tailback.

I would love to see the Broncos have a FB that got regular carries. It is one more thing the defenses will have to prepare for.

I totally agree Tned. It's been a long time since we had a real FB. He is so polite, I asked him a couple of questions and it was yes mam, no mam. I hope he works out.

Simple Jaded
06-15-2008, 05:36 PM
I was hoping Denver would draft Schmitt, but I'm sure Hillis is more Shanahan's type of FB.

I think he's a steal in the 7th round, hopefully Shanahan doesn't do anything stupid like trying to put him on the practice squad.

Sweet music too, btw:

Aye, aye, oh, shake your foundations.
Aye, aye, oh, shake it to the floor.
Aye, aye, oh, shake your foundations......

Tned
06-15-2008, 05:38 PM
I totally agree Tned. It's been a long time since we had a real FB. He is so polite, I asked him a couple of questions and it was yes mam, no mam. I hope he works out.

That's what happens when you are exiled to Arkansas for four years. Yes ma'am, no ma'am, "Where's the meth lab", thank you ma'am :laugh:

DenBronx
06-15-2008, 05:43 PM
hey tned i love the new feauture with the youtube vids being able to be shown through the forums. way cool!

on hillis, i havnt been this excited about a fullback in some time. hillis looks like a bruiser, yet enough agility if we need him to catch a pass out of the backfield or pound the rock every once in a while. he can do no worse im sure than sapp or johnson. looks to me this a huge upgrade. remember he was projected by many to be the first fullback taken in this years draft. hope he works out.

Tned
06-15-2008, 05:49 PM
hey tned i love the new feauture with the youtube vids being able to be shown through the forums. way cool!

on hillis, i havnt been this excited about a fullback in some time. hillis looks like a bruiser, yet enough agility if we need him to catch a pass out of the backfield or pound the rock every once in a while. he can do no worse im sure than sapp or johnson. looks to me this a huge upgrade. remember he was projected by many to be the first fullback taken in this years draft. hope he works out.

The catching ability (led razorbacks in receptions in '07 and '05) could provide a nice relief valve for Jay if they are able to get him to start looking for more short pickups, rather than keep looking for the big hitter (based on what has been reported in several recent articles).

DenBronx
06-15-2008, 06:08 PM
The catching ability (led razorbacks in receptions in '07 and '05) could provide a nice relief valve for Jay if they are able to get him to start looking for more short pickups, rather than keep looking for the big hitter (based on what has been reported in several recent articles).

it just adds to the arsenal and if cutler goes through all of his reads and nothings open the hillis can bounce outside for a quick 3 or 4 yard screen pass.

RunYouOver
06-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I've got some pretty high expectations for him...I'm really hoping he steps up and becomes a starting FB for us and has impact right away.

SR
06-15-2008, 07:16 PM
I wish we could go back in time for just a few minutes, draft a 22 year old Mike Alstott, then fast forward to 2008 with the same 22 year old Alstott.

rcsodak
06-15-2008, 11:22 PM
I wish we could go back in time for just a few minutes, draft a 22 year old Mike Alstott, then fast forward to 2008 with the same 22 year old Alstott.
put the pipe down, ingRed.....

:)

Requiem / The Dagda
06-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Hillis is bomb. Paved the way for McFadden and Jones, but was the hoss when called upon. Dude is a baller.

TXBRONC
06-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Man if this kid is real deal at fullback then his skill set would be interesting to see in this offense.

By the way the back ground music in the firs video was great. :salute:

Kaylore
06-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Early word out of the FO is he's fitting right in. When the pads come on, things change really quickly, though.

TXBRONC
06-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Early word out of the FO is he's fitting right in. When the pads come on, things change really quickly, though.

Unfortunately that's true. Everyone looks great in OTAs , but the real test will be when the pads are on.

scott.475
06-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I hope he becomes our own version of Alstott.

Lonestar
06-16-2008, 09:24 PM

sorry you have me somewhat confused, he is doing good or bad.. OR we have to wait till later..

TXBRONC
06-16-2008, 09:26 PM
sorry you have me somewhat confused, he is doing good or bad.. OR we have to wait till later..

What he's saying is that in OTAs Hillis looked very good, however, that not the same as playing with pads on.

Inkana7
06-17-2008, 10:36 AM
The Team site has him listed at 250. Wow. What did Griffith weigh? 240?

BOSSHOGG30
06-17-2008, 10:37 AM
I will be happy with another Detron Smith... Howard Griffith was so under-rated and a super star FB... We would be really lucky to get someone like him again.

Kaylore
06-17-2008, 11:11 AM
What he's saying is that in OTAs Hillis looked very good, however, that not the same as playing with pads on.

:salute:

hamrob
06-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Can he block though? I thought it was very interesting that they didn't have one highlight of him blocking...considering that's the primary responsibility of a FB in the NFL. I think he needs to improve his upper boddy strength. He reminds me of Johnston for the Cowboys...back in the day.

broncohead
06-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Can he block though? I thought it was very interesting that they didn't have one highlight of him blocking...considering that's the primary responsibility of a FB in the NFL. I think he needs to improve his upper boddy strength. He reminds me of Johnston for the Cowboys...back in the day.

Guys like Alstot and Neal are traditional blocking full-backs but we tend to like guys who can do a little of everything. Blocking, running, and catching. Hillis sounds like our kind of full-back at the moment.

topscribe
06-17-2008, 02:56 PM
He runs funny.

:laugh: I noticed.

But then, so did Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch.

Let's hope Hillis enjoys the same kind of success in the league. :beer:

-----

Den21vsBal19
06-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Looking at those highlights, I think Shanny's gotten himself confused.........instead of getting a RB to convert to a FB, he's gotten a FB to convert into a RB ;)

Didn't see much blocking, never makes highlights, but it looks like he's got decent hands, runs with power, decent pace, and what I really like, when contact's made, he's always falling forwards............

I'd like to see him block though.......

Kaylore
06-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Looking at those highlights, I think Shanny's gotten himself confused.........instead of getting a RB to convert to a FB, he's gotten a FB to convert into a RB ;)

Didn't see much blocking, never makes highlights, but it looks like he's got decent hands, runs with power, decent pace, and what I really like, when contact's made, he's always falling forwards............

I love fans from the UK and Ireland. In fact any Euro-Broncos are awesome. I can't even begin to imagine being a fan of Rugby, Cricket or some sport that is only played seriously in another country of the same language and following it closely. Rep to you, sir!:salute:

Den21vsBal19
06-17-2008, 03:25 PM
I love fans from the UK and Ireland. In fact any Euro-Broncos are awesome. I can't even begin to imagine being a fan of Rugby, Cricket or some sport that is only played seriously in another country of the same language and following it closely. Rep to you, sir!:salute:
Well, it gives me something to do in the wee hours of a Sunday night ;)

:laugh:

TXBRONC
06-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I will be happy with another Detron Smith... Howard Griffith was so under-rated and a super star FB... We would be really lucky to get someone like him again.

Detron was a great Special Teams "wedge buster" but he didn't get play on offense all that much.

wandlc
06-17-2008, 11:41 PM

Just watch the highlights of McFadden or Jones running the ball. If you pay attention you will get to see Hillis blocking. I have done this and he does a good job of blocking. He might not always get in the perfect block, but he does prevent his man from making a play.

Den21vsBal19
06-18-2008, 03:24 AM
Just watch the highlights of McFadden or Jones running the ball. If you pay attention you will get to see Hillis blocking. I have done this and he does a good job of blocking. He might not always get in the perfect block, but he does prevent his man from making a play.

I'll take substance over style any day, and twice on a Sunday (or Thursday/Saturday/Monday night ;))

I'll have a little dig