PDA

View Full Version : Former Bronco Schlereth joining KKFN

Denver Native (Carol)
07-08-2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos2009/ci_15468640?source=rss

Saying he really liked "doing the local gig," former Broncos offensive lineman and current ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth confirmed Thursday that he will soon be part of KKFN's afternoon drive team.

Beginning Aug. 2, Schlereth joins former Broncos teammate Alfred Williams and Darren McKee (D-Mac) from 4-7 p.m. on FM 104.3, The Fan.

"I will be doing the afternoon show in conjunction with my ESPN stuff," Schlereth said. "It's something I've wanted to do for some time now, but I was just too busy. But my new contract with ESPN has enabled me to do this. It was kind of a perfect storm. I'm really excited about this."

Schlereth, who played with the Broncos from 1995-2000 and won three Super Bowls (two with Denver, one with Washington), has been involved in broadcasting since 2004.

He's been a familiar voice on Denver sport radio as a part-time contributer, but he's never been full-time member of sports-talk team.

Schlereth recently signed a new three-year deal with ESPN that will take him through June 2012. As part of his new contract, he will be working 15 fewer days at the network, which has its studios in Bristol, Conn.

"I wanted to be home more," Schlereth said. "I will be as busy as ever, but I won't have as much travel. My schedule will be crazy sometimes, but The Fan has been very accomodating."

Asked why he would want to delve deeper into local sports-talk radio, Schlereth said, "I think it's going to be a lot of fun. You get to talk more in-depth about teams. At ESPN, your focus is an inch deep and a mile wide. Now I can talk with a lot more depth about local teams."

Schlereth, obviously, is considered a football expert. But he keeps up with local sports and has deep interest in baseball. His son, Daniel, is a relief pitcher with the Detroit Tigers.

Shazam!
07-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Stink is the ******* man.

Lonestar
07-08-2010, 05:54 PM
does anyone know if this station or any other DEN radio station is on I-heart-radio or any of the apps that allow a mobile listener to get them.

I get KOA on it but am looking for others that have Broncos talk daily

Denver Native (Carol)
07-08-2010, 06:02 PM
does anyone know if this station or any other DEN radio station is on I-heart-radio or any of the apps that allow a mobile listener to get them.

I get KOA on it but am looking for others that have Broncos talk daily

Here is their website - you can listen online

http://www.1043thefan.com/

Lonestar
07-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Here is their website - you can listen online

http://www.1043thefan.com/
thanks looking for a mobile app that I can run while doing something else.

Once I tie up this to them then I'm done using the phone

titan
07-08-2010, 06:15 PM
thanks looking for a mobile app that I can run while doing something else.

Once I tie up this to them then I'm done using the phone

kkfn has an ipod app - do a search on 104.3 in the app store if you have an ipod

Lonestar
07-08-2010, 07:52 PM
kkfn has an ipod app - do a search on 104.3 in the app store if you have an ipod
nope Black berry which has several apps one being I heart radio