PDA

View Full Version : Marshall catching passes

oubronco
06-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Wednesday camp: Marshall catching with two hands
by Lindsay Jones on June 11, 2008

DOVE VALLEY — Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall ran routes with teammates to open camp Wednesday morning and caught a few passes …. with his right hand.

This is news because Marshall hasn’t used that hand (at least not during the practices that have been open to the media) since he severed a vein, artery, a nerve and tendons in his right forearm in March. Marshall had surgery in late March.

Marshall wasn’t gripping the ball tightly with his right hand as he caught the long passes, but he was using the injured arm to cradle the ball … something he wasn’t doing last week when he was spotted catching a pass with only his left hand.

This is very good news we really need him

DenBronx
06-11-2008, 11:45 PM
good to see the progress on such a stupid injury.

WARHORSE
06-12-2008, 12:51 AM
All I care about is game time.

Be ready then.

Kaylore
06-13-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm skeptical and will remain so until I see him make catches in games.

DenBronx
06-13-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm skeptical and will remain so until I see him make catches in games.

well, marshall seems to think he can catch a 100 balls this year. the dude has natural healing ability or something because that injury did sound pretty bad but he is already a month ahead of schedule.

preseason and training camp will tell alot.

BroncoFanatic
06-13-2008, 12:31 PM
the dude has natural healing ability or something because that injury did sound pretty bad but he is already a month ahead of schedule.

Maybe his nickname should be "Wolverine"

TXBRONC
06-13-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm glad he's healing up. Hopefully he's close to a 100% by the start of the season.

NightTrainLayne
06-13-2008, 01:49 PM
"I feel pretty good," he said after the team's final workout of the three-week camp. "I still have nerve damage, but I'm still going to catch a hundred balls."

I don't like the sounds of "I still have nerve damage." Keeping my fingers crossed.

Lonestar
06-13-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't like the sounds of "I still have nerve damage." Keeping my fingers crossed.

You need to watch the video..

I got it more like I do not have the strength in the arm I do the other one he remarks he has to wipe himself with his left hand cause he doe not have the power with his right hand..

They have kept him form strength drill on the right arm till July when everything should be healed so he does not re injure something..

Not the sharpest tool in the shed but a good kid that likes to play football....

SR
06-13-2008, 02:00 PM
His arm is still weak and his nerves are still not healed, but they're making him take it easy on that arm so it can HEAL RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Lonestar
06-13-2008, 02:08 PM
His arm is still weak and his nerves are still not healed, but they're making him take it easy on that arm so it can HEAL RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Also remember that nerves do not always heal at the same rate as muscle tissue.. It could be a year or more or for that matter never..

But he also said in the interview he had all use of the hand and fingers.. just they were weak cause he could not lift even toilet paper..

SR
06-13-2008, 02:09 PM
He'll be alright.

atwater27
06-13-2008, 02:15 PM
We, as Broncos fans, have already seen Watt nerve damage can do to an otherwise awesome receiver. Right now, I see Brandon as a loss until he proves that he can overcome being a retard. At the very least, tell me he won't be an easy target for forced fumbles.

SR
06-13-2008, 02:21 PM
He's a retard alright, but I think he'll grow out of it. He's a young kid still and as one of the most talented recievers in the league he needs to understand the spotlight will be on him permanently until he can over come his retardation.

Lonestar
06-13-2008, 02:33 PM
We, as Broncos fans, have already seen Watt nerve damage can do to an otherwise awesome receiver. Right now, I see Brandon as a loss until he proves that he can overcome being a retard. At the very least, tell me he won't be an easy target for forced fumbles.

I was under the impression that it was a car wreck and burns suffered in it that that damaged watts hands..
But it would not have been the first time I was wrong..

topscribe
06-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Looks good. Said BMarsh:

"The arm's great. I feel pretty good. I'm making progress day by day.
Everyday it's getting better," said the 6-foot-4 wide receiver. "I can do
everything with my right hand that I could before the accident."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8090

. . . including being able to wipe his butt now with his right hand, I assume. :D

-----

TXBRONC
06-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Looks good. Said BMarsh:

"The arm's great. I feel pretty good. I'm making progress day by day.
Everyday it's getting better," said the 6-foot-4 wide receiver. "I can do
everything with my right hand that I could before the accident."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8090

. . . including being able to wipe his butt now with his right hand, I assume. :D

-----

That's good to here that his hand is feeling better.

Rick
06-13-2008, 10:21 PM
If I remember Watts condition it really isn't a good comparison.

A large part of Watts problem was with the fact he had 0 feeling in that hand, it was just a thing sitting there he tried to use to catch passes.

Marshall may not have the strength yet but I think he has feeling in the hand. Makes a difference.