PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow takes the league lead in jersey sales

T.K.O.
07-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Tim Tebow takes the league lead in jersey sales
Posted by Mike Florio on July 7, 2010 12:27 PM ET
For all of our friends in Jacksonville who continue to insist that drafting quarterback Tim Tebow wouldn't have helped cement the Jaguars in place for the next decade or longer, here's the ultimate rebuttal.

Darren Rovell of CNBC reports that the league leader in jersey sales made through NFLShop.com for the period of April 1 through June 30 is none other than Mr. Tebow. And that's not just among rookies -- it's among all NFL players.

Considering that he wasn't even on any NFL team for a third of the reporting period, it shows that Tebow brings to the table the kind of entry-level marketing punch not seen since Reggie Bush was taken No. 2 overall in 2006.

Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb finished at No. 2, followed by Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, and Vikings quarterback Brett Favre (who still hasn't committed to playing in 2010) finished at No. 4, No. 5, and No. 6, respectively.

Tom Brady of the Pats has fallen to No. 14, his lowest level since 2006.

Tebow will remain at the top of the list only if he develops into a quality NFL quarterback. If he does, maybe the Jaguars will try to trade for him.

.....yeah good luck prying him away from mcD:laugh:

WARHORSE
07-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Tim Tebow takes the league lead in jersey sales
Posted by Mike Florio on July 7, 2010 12:27 PM ET
For all of our friends in Jacksonville who continue to insist that drafting quarterback Tim Tebow wouldn't have helped cement the Jaguars in place for the next decade or longer, here's the ultimate rebuttal.

Darren Rovell of CNBC reports that the league leader in jersey sales made through NFLShop.com for the period of April 1 through June 30 is none other than Mr. Tebow. And that's not just among rookies -- it's among all NFL players.

Considering that he wasn't even on any NFL team for a third of the reporting period, it shows that Tebow brings to the table the kind of entry-level marketing punch not seen since Reggie Bush was taken No. 2 overall in 2006.

Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb finished at No. 2, followed by Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, and Vikings quarterback Brett Favre (who still hasn't committed to playing in 2010) finished at No. 4, No. 5, and No. 6, respectively.

Tom Brady of the Pats has fallen to No. 14, his lowest level since 2006.

Tebow will remain at the top of the list only if he develops into a quality NFL quarterback. If he does, maybe the Jaguars will try to trade for him.

.....yeah good luck prying him away from mcD:laugh:

Yeah.

That will happen.:coffee:

weazel
07-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah.

That will happen.:coffee:

if he demands to re-up his contract it might.

Ravage!!!
07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Why wouldn't it happen? Trading away talent for draft picks is what we do.

T.K.O.
07-07-2010, 12:47 PM
i wonder when the last time a bronco was #1 in jersey sales?
maybe Pat can afford to pay doom now:elefant:

SOCALORADO.
07-07-2010, 12:54 PM
No less than 18 mexican folk songs have been written to or about Tim Tebow.

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I am wearing my Tebow jersey as I type this!

T.K.O.
07-07-2010, 12:58 PM
somehow i believe this is the first of many times tebow will be ranked #1:D

weazel
07-07-2010, 01:07 PM

Im naked and have a light coating of canola oil covering my entire body. :laugh:

underrated29
07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
somehow i believe this is the first of many times tebow will be ranked #1:D

As long as it is superbowl wins with the broncos I do not care about the rest.

T.K.O.
07-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Im naked and have a light coating of canola oil covering my entire body. :laugh:

GREAZYWEAZEL......:laugh:

Jagsbch
07-07-2010, 02:09 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0611/nfl_a_tebow_sy_576.jpg

Former Florida Gator Quarterback Tim Tebow, is taking the NFL by storm.

There has been a tremendous amount of discussions regarding the opinion of professionals regarding Tim Tebow here of late, well it appears the fans have spoken.

No sooner than Tebow emerging on the scene as a Denver Broncos Quarterback, did he manage to excel past every quarterback in the league with the marketing punch of being No. 1 in Jersey sales in the NFL.

This achievement has emerged from the list of the best-selling player jerseys on NFLShop.com for the period of April 1st through June 30th.

Tebow is a marketing machine, this phenomenon has not been seen since 2006 NFL draft when Super Bowl Champ Reggie Bush was picked.

Tebow has accelerated past the Patriots:

Patriots: Tom Brady at No. 14, his lowest level since 2006,
Vikings: Brett Favre at No. 6
Cowboys: Tony Romo at No. 5
Colts: Peyton Manning at No. 4
Saints: Drew Brees at No. 3
Redskins: Donovan McNabb finished at No. 2

Tebow was not even a Broncos Quarterback until well into the month of April, the 22nd to be exact and he still managed to kill it in Jersey sales having been ranked No. 1 for that month.

Philadelphia Eagles Kevin Kolb, who is replacing McNabb this season, has also replaced Micheal Vick in the top 25 of Jersey sales. Kolbs’ Jersey ranks 24th best in the league.

Two other rookies managed to find themselves in the top ten of jersey sales the past three months.

No. 8 Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh will wear Jersey No. 90
No. 9 St. Louis Rams Sam Bradford will wear Jersey No. 8

Our honorable rookie Jersey mention, falls to No. 15, Dallas Cowboy WR Dez Bryant.

Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin discussed the importance of the No. 88 with the rookie receiver.

In an effort to not let a crisis go to waste, wait sorry wrong story, in an effort not to let his fame go to waste, The philanthropist has been hard at work racking in the dough for his Tim Tebow Foundation.

Tebow was in Florida over the weekend selling autographs and pictures for his ministry to orphanages all over the world. An estimated 1,500 people showed up to cheer the Heisman Trophy winner as he received the "Key to the City" by the Mayor of Fort Pierce.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/416743-denver-broncos-tim-tebow-still-ranked-no-1-in-nfl-jersey-sales

OrangeHoof
07-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Has he even signed a contract? The Broncos better ink him soon before his price goes up and McD thinks about trading him.

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Why wouldn't it happen? Trading away talent for draft picks is what we do.

You guys really need to stop with this bullshit. If Tebow performs well he is the last player McD would trade and anyone with half a brain knows this.

Lonestar
07-07-2010, 03:02 PM

Picking my $35 jersey from the seamstress later today.

Bought two mashall units. For 25 each and had TEBOW put on for 10.

I get the ultimate laugh on this. Recyling marshall for a winner.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 03:05 PM

I bought my Tebow jersey from the Broncos site but I do have a Marshall jersey that I will likely get sent to be changed to Tebow at some point. Those seamstresses in Denver must be getting great business!

TXBRONC
07-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I bought my Tebow jersey from the Broncos site but I do have a Marshall jersey that I will likely get sent to be changed to Tebow at some point. Those seamstresses in Denver must be getting great business!

Psst. Jr lives in El Paso. ;)

Ravage!!!
07-07-2010, 04:51 PM

:confused: Tebow has won something in the NFL??? :confused:

T.K.O.
07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
well...it's not much,but it is better than leading the league in interceptions:beer:

LawDog
07-07-2010, 07:15 PM
For those of you with Tebow jersies, could you do me a favor and hold it up to the light and see if it says MARSHALL underneath the TEBOW ??? Just curious...

T.K.O.
07-07-2010, 07:38 PM
For those of you with Tebow jersies, could you do me a favor and hold it up to the light and see if it says MARSHALL underneath the TEBOW ??? Just curious...

if you hold a TEBOW jersey up to the light....it will go to the light..aaaah hahaaaaahhahaaaaaa(in a high angelic voice)

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 09:51 PM

I tried that and my jersey started to float up to heaven so I had to grab it back before I could really read the nameplate!

Lonestar
07-07-2010, 09:55 PM
well...it's not much,but it is better than leading the league in interceptions:beer:

Don't know what was said but "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do". Or in this case what they speak. :salute:

Lonestar
07-07-2010, 09:59 PM

Actually I took the bm name plate off myself washed the jerseys in hot water and strong soap and then sprayed them with fabreze for sports to get the stink off.
:wink:

OrangeHoof
07-08-2010, 01:54 AM

LOL. Might just be true. Reminds me of those Matt Leinart figurines that started showing up at Wal-Marts with a red #7 jersey and a very dark tan that might have made you believe it was originally a Michael Vick figure in a previous life.

The NFL may just have a ton of old Marshall jersies they are trying to unload.

weazel
07-08-2010, 10:28 AM

They wont do that here without charging us a ton. There reason is that once they put a players name on the jersey they have to pay the player. Of course its bogus, but thats what they are doing.

Who's name can I put on my Walker jersey?? :confused:

T.K.O.
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
They wont do that here without charging us a ton. There reason is that once they put a players name on the jersey they have to pay the player. Of course its bogus, but thats what they are doing.

Who's name can I put on my Walker jersey?? :confused:

WALTON....and it will only take 3 letters:beer:
or WEAZEL would be pretty easy as well

Nomad
07-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Here's my PR thoughts on this, I could care less whose name is on the back of the jersey just as long as they play hard and great for the name that's on front of the jersey!! Cliche, hey!!:D