PDA

View Full Version : Sources: LeBron decision Thursday

Denver Native (Carol)
07-06-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry - but this is RIDICULOUS - TALK ABOUT EGO :tsk:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5359255

LeBron James is planning to announce the team with which he will sign during a one-hour special on ESPN Thursday night, ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard has learned through independent sources.

ESPN would only confirm that active discussions for the special are ongoing. But sources tell Broussard that representatives for James contacted the network, proposing that James makes his announcement during a 9 p.m. ET special.

Those sources said that James' representatives requested they be allowed to sell sponsorship for the one-hour special, with the proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and that ESPN agreed to the proposal but had not been told what James has decided.

The NBA's most prized free agent opened a Twitter account on Tuesday and posted his first message on the social networking site. While he provided no information about his future plans, at least he offered something as the NBA awaits the decision on where he'll play next.

"Hello World, the Real King James is in the Building," said the tweet on the kingjames feed, which by 9 p.m. ET had more than 167,000 followers.

James' publicist, Keith Estabrook, confirmed the superstar's entrance to Twitter, a place where fellow prized free agents Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh often post details about their public lives off the floor.

James' plans still are a closely guarded secret. He visited with six teams -- the New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers, Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls -- last week at his business offices in downtown Cleveland and may have made up his mind already. But until he gives word, other teams are positioning themselves to make a run at the 6-foot-8, 260-pound All-Star -- or Bosh or Wade, or maybe a combination.

There have been various reports that the Toronto Raptors were working on a sign-and-trade deal with Cleveland for Bosh, and that James is trying to convince him to join the Cavaliers.

Both James and Bosh are aware that such a trade is possible, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, sources told Broussard.

But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland.

Like James, Wade and Bosh have remained noncommittal about where they'll sign.

The Cavaliers are hopeful that will change, because in Cleveland, Bosh can meet two of his top priorities: playing with James, and getting a six-year, $125 million contract.

If Bosh joins a team without doing a sign-and-trade, he will be able to sign only a five-year deal worth $96 million. He is determined not to leave that $29 million on the table, sources told Broussard.

Although Bosh wants to play with James, he wants to do it in Chicago, Miami or New Jersey. Sources told Broussard he has told the Raptors those are the teams he would like to go to in a sign-and-trade.

Unsure of James' decision, the Nets have a Plan B in case he rejects their offer.

The agent for Knicks forward David Lee says the Nets have talked to him several times since free agency began on Thursday.

An official within the league who is very close to the Nets' management team said the team would also consider going after Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer if James rejected the offer that was presented by new owner Mikhail Prokhorov and a team that included hip-hop mogul Jay-Z.

Nets president and general manager Rod Thorn said in a text message on Tuesday that there was nothing to report on the free agency front.

Asked about the Nets' options if The King nixes their overtures, Thorn wrote:

"We will look at other options if we don't get one of the top guys."

While James is the star attraction in this summer's stacked class of free agents, other players have either stayed home or found a new one. On Monday, Amare Stoudemire agreed to a five-year deal with the Knicks and said he would continue to recruit James to join him.

BroncoBJ
07-06-2010, 10:27 PM
I guess Brett Favre will hold a press conference tommorow as well. Hes going to retire. :fight:

Then in a month he will decide to come back. We all know that Brett hates that anyone but him gets ESPN recognition. :fight:

EMB6903
07-07-2010, 12:32 AM
A one hour special to announce his decision?

What a clown!

OrangeHoof
07-07-2010, 12:48 AM
I want him to have caps with various team logos placed on the table in front of him and then he'll grab the one he's decided to choose. Since he skipped college, he didn't get the chance to do that before and maybe this is one of those things he regrets missing out on.

But even better would be to make it a mini-series like The Batchelorette where, each night, we get to see LeBron whined and dined by team execs and each night he hands roses to the GMs he is still in love with until he is down to choosing between the final two.

Or he could stand at the free throw line and announce the winner by sinking only the free throw with the basketball logo of the winning team on it to show who gets LeBron.

I mean, summer sports programming is so dull. World Cup. Tour de Farce. Wimpledump.

So a multi-week reality series featuring LeBron and his choice of cities could be a big ratings hit for The Mouse if they can just figure out the right show format.

Skinny
07-07-2010, 03:44 AM
I want him to have caps with various team logos placed on the table in front of him and then he'll grab the one he's decided to choose. Since he skipped college, he didn't get the chance to do that before and maybe this is one of those things he regrets missing out on.

But even better would be to make it a mini-series like The Batchelorette where, each night, we get to see LeBron whined and dined by team execs and each night he hands roses to the GMs he is still in love with until he is down to choosing between the final two.

Or he could stand at the free throw line and announce the winner by sinking only the free throw with the basketball logo of the winning team on it to show who gets LeBron.

I mean, summer sports programming is so dull. World Cup. Tour de Farce. Wimpledump.

So a multi-week reality series featuring LeBron and his choice of cities could be a big ratings hit for The Mouse if they can just figure out the right show format.If i'm not mistaken, Dan Patrick said on his radio show yesterday Dwayne Wade was doing a documentary about his off-season and FA period. Yeppers.

Skinny
07-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Oh, and yay. Thursday can't get here soon enough.

FanInAZ
07-07-2010, 04:06 AM
I guess Brett Favre will hold a press conference tommorow as well. Hes going to retire. :fight:

Then in a month he will decide to come back. We all know that Brett hates that anyone but him gets ESPN recognition. :fight:

The first thing I thought of once I finished reading the article is that it sounded just like Favre. That's just great, you see what kind of role model Brett has been for the kids?

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 07:55 AM
The people bashing him are conveniently overlooking the fact that ALL of the money from the sponsorship of this event is going to the Boys and Girls Club of America.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-07-2010, 09:59 AM
The people bashing him are conveniently overlooking the fact that ALL of the money from the sponsorship of this event is going to the Boys and Girls Club of America.

Not conveniently overlooking this fact at all - it is just a cushion put in to try to take away the ridiculous part of all this. If you really are serious about doing something for charity, you DON'T do it this way.

As Vic Lombardi has on his twitter:

@szarmach would normally agree, but all proceeds from hour special going to boys and girls club .... more modest ways to give to charity

SOCALORADO.
07-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Not conveniently overlooking this fact at all - it is just a cushion put in to try to take away the ridiculous part of all this. If you really are serious about doing something for charity, you DON'T do it this way.

As Vic Lombardi has on his twitter:

@szarmach would normally agree, but all proceeds from hour special going to boys and girls club .... more modest ways to give to charity

Exactly! LOL!
"HEY Everyone! I am gonna have a 1 hour special, cause thats what i am, to announce what would take anyone else 2 minutes, but because i am so special, i need an hour to BS up here about how special i am, and oh did i mention it all goes to the boy and girls club or something like that, but hey! I'm lil bron and i am special!"

"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$The lil bron, super spectacular, me so special, one hour extravaganza, billion dollar, super duper, guacamole and chips my poop dont stink lets do it for the kids bonanza, especial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!
With special guest stars,
Ricky Martin!!!
Micheal Vick!!!
Lawrence Fishburn!!!
TO!!!
Luke Perry!!!
Madonna!!!
Lady gaga!!!
And a whole lot more!~
Free Prizes!!

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Ok? Well while you're sitting on your high horse judging him for this while there are other athletes out there doing drugs, beating their girlfriends, killing dogs, and killing people, I will enjoy watching him play basketball this fall.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Ok? Well while you're sitting on your high horse judging him for this while there are other athletes out there doing drugs, beating their girlfriends, killing dogs, and killing people, I will enjoy watching him play basketball this fall.

No one has said anything about him playing basketball - that has nothing to do with his pompous way of announcing who he will play for.

SOCALORADO.
07-07-2010, 11:17 AM
No one has said anything about him playing basketball - that has nothing to do with his pompous way of announcing who he will play for.

Lil' bron gonn do a back flip into a vat o gauc!
Check it! Its fo the childrens!!

topscribe
07-07-2010, 11:17 AM

Those were my thoughts immediately. I don't understand a press conference to
sign a contract, anyway. But this is over the top . . .

-----

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 11:20 AM

And my point is that I don't care how he announces it. There are MANY more athletes who do MUCH worse things than this. Given the shit that pro athletes do these days, I really can't muster up any anger over this one. Now that Wimbledon is over and the US is out of the World Cup, the sports world is kinda slow right now. I'm loving all this free agent drama and if I weren't traveling to California tomorrow, I'd be glued to the TV tomorrow night to watch.

topscribe
07-07-2010, 12:27 PM
I don't detect any anger here.

And are these the values that prevail today? Entertainment and what other
athletes do? I hope not . . . that doesn't speak well for these generations . . . :tsk:

-----

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Those were my thoughts immediately. I don't understand a press conference to
sign a contract, anyway. But this is over the top . . .

-----

I see what you did there! :D

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 12:37 PM
I don't detect any anger here.

And are these the values that prevail today? Entertainment and what other
athletes do? I hope not . . . that doesn't speak well for these generations . . . :tsk:

-----

I really don't see anything wrong with LeBron's "values" here.

What he's doing isn't hurting anyone, and anyone who has a problem with it is free not to watch it. Say what you want, but all the proceeds from this are going to charity so it's not like he's doing this completely for himself.

I can see how this would be seen as selfish but if this is how he wants to announce it, more power to him.

I mean seriously, let's put this in perspective. It's not like he's out breaking the law or being a team cancer in the locker room. Things like this are pretty low on the totem pole of problems in pro sports today IMO.

Hell, if anything this one hour special is good for the NBA. Any attention and publicity they get is good publicity. This offseason has created the most excitement for the NBA that I have seen in my life and thinks like what LeBron is doing will only help that IMO.

Ravage!!!
07-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't even watch Basketball, but I don't care that this has been made into a giant event. you think this is all Labron's doing and thinking? You think HE is the media/promotions guy that is coming up with this? No. Its being presented to him by promotions companies and the NBA to make money.. and notoriety.. by using Labron's name.

Of course he's cocky. Of course he's confident. Of course he's having fun with the popularity. But at the same time, this young kid has NBA franchises around the country clamoring to have him. Why wouldn't he be confident? I say more power to him. So what?

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't even watch Basketball, but I don't care that this has been made into a giant event. you think this is all Labron's doing and thinking? You think HE is the media/promotions guy that is coming up with this? No. Its being presented to him by promotions companies and the NBA to make money.. and notoriety.. by using Labron's name.

Of course he's cocky. Of course he's confident. Of course he's having fun with the popularity. But at the same time, this young kid has NBA franchises around the country clamoring to have him. Why wouldn't he be confident? I say more power to him. So what?

Good post. I'm a marketing major so I am looking at it through that point of view but I think this one hour special is a great marketing tool for the NBA. Like I said, if I weren't traveling to California tomorrow, I'd be glued to the TV, and I'm not even the biggest NBA fan myself.

And as a sports fan, I'd rather him be cocky and have confidence himself then be soft and timid.

topscribe
07-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I really don't see anything wrong with LeBron's "values" here.

What he's doing isn't hurting anyone, and anyone who has a problem with it is free not to watch it. Say what you want, but all the proceeds from this are going to charity so it's not like he's doing this completely for himself.

I can see how this would be seen as selfish but if this is how he wants to announce it, more power to him.

I mean seriously, let's put this in perspective. It's not like he's out breaking the law or being a team cancer in the locker room. Things like this are pretty low on the totem pole of problems in pro sports today IMO.

Hell, if anything this one hour special is good for the NBA. Any attention and publicity they get is good publicity. This offseason has created the most excitement for the NBA that I have seen in my life and thinks like what LeBron is doing will only help that IMO.

I wasn't specifically alluding to LeBron. He is simply doing what athletes with
overgrown egos do. That makes him e pluribis unim over the history of sports.

Really, I place most of the blame on what all has happened in sports (bloated
salaries, mercenaries, entertainment over values) on us . . . the fans. If we
weren't salivating over the craving for more and more sports and entertainment,
there would be no opportunity for all what is taking place.

But then, I'm seriously in danger of wandering onto another topic that belongs
in another thread. Sorry.

-----

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 12:50 PM
I see you've unblocked me top. I missed you buddy! :D

Denver Native (Carol)
07-07-2010, 01:24 PM

According to the article, I can't imagine LeBron had no clue that his own representatives did this?????? It was not presented to James by promotion companies and the NBA - but rather, James representatives presented it to ESPN.

From article:

ESPN would only confirm that active discussions for the special are ongoing. But sources tell Broussard that representatives for James contacted the network, proposing that James makes his announcement during a 9 p.m. ET special.

Those sources said that James' representatives requested they be allowed to sell sponsorship for the one-hour special, with the proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and that ESPN agreed to the proposal but had not been told what James has decided.

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 01:26 PM
According to the article, I can't imagine LeBron had no clue that his own representatives did this?????? It was not presented to James by promotion companies and the NBA - but rather, James representatives presented it to ESPN.

From article:

I don't see anything in Rav's post claiming that LeBron had no knowledge of it. He is saying that is likely wasn't LeBron's idea and that it was likely the idea of his representatives/marketing company. And I have to say, I agree with that assessment. I also don't see anything in his post claiming that ESPN came up with the idea in any way.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-07-2010, 01:41 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/07/07/lebron.choice.update.ap/index.html

On Tuesday night, ESPN, citing "independent sources'' said James had approached the network about the announcement, which will end a free-agent summer unlike any in NBA history.

SOCALORADO.
07-07-2010, 01:48 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/07/07/lebron.choice.update.ap/index.html

On Tuesday night, ESPN, citing "independent sources'' said James had approached the network about the announcement, which will end a free-agent summer unlike any in NBA history.

Lil' bron gonna put on a show! Fo Sho!

Oh and BTW, Its E!SPN. They are the sole creator of the most over-hyped, over-rated athlete in the history of sports. After all, they named him LBJ and King James, and all the other lame nicknames for their "product".
lil' bron=Glorified Karl Malone.

Overtime
07-07-2010, 02:20 PM
this clown parades about like he's Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan or something. he hasn't even won anything, and he has the audacity to get ESPN to do an hour long special on what team he's signing with?

Go winning something before you parade around like you're something special. :coffee:

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 02:22 PM
The hate for LeBron is beyond comical. I can't wait until he wins multiple championships and shuts his doubters up, because it is definitely going to happen. People love to hate on those who have great talent or success though, so it's no surprise really.

topscribe
07-07-2010, 02:35 PM
The hate for LeBron is beyond comical. I can't wait until he wins multiple championships and shuts his doubters up, because it is definitely going to happen. People love to hate on those who have great talent or success though, so it's no surprise really.

Again, I don't think there's any hatred involved here. You need to demarcate
between disapproval of actions and dislike for the person. Of course, personal
behavior can lead to dislike of the person (e.g., see Travis Henry), but a deemed
inappropriate press conference isn't enough for that. I have seen qualities in
LeBron that I like, too. But that is not the point here . . .

-----

OrangeHoof
07-07-2010, 02:40 PM
this clown parades about like he's Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan or something. he hasn't even won anything, and he has the audacity to get ESPN to do an hour long special on what team he's signing with?

Go winning something before you parade around like you're something special. :coffee:

BINGO! What LeBron has proven to me is that he can't win a championship without significant help. Kobe can win titles largely as THE star. Michael Jordan did. Hakeem Olajuwon did. LeBron James can't, not even in the weak-ass NBA Eastern Conference. Not even when Shaq is added to the team. He's an excellent player but he has yet to prove he can win a title.

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Again, I don't think there's any hatred involved here. You need to demarcate
between disapproval of actions and dislike for the person. Of course, personal
behavior can lead to dislike of the person (e.g., see Travis Henry), but a deemed
inappropriate press conference isn't enough for that. I have seen qualities in
LeBron that I like, too. But that is not the point here . . .

-----

I'm not saying everyone in this thread hates him, but a few of these posts seem to make it pretty clear how they feel about him. And the posters in question haven't debated that point yet so it leads me to feel I might be onto something.

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 02:51 PM
BINGO! What LeBron has proven to me is that he can't win a championship without significant help. Kobe can win titles largely as THE star. Michael Jordan did. Hakeem Olajuwon did. LeBron James can't, not even in the weak-ass NBA Eastern Conference. Not even when Shaq is added to the team. He's an excellent player but he has yet to prove he can win a title.

This post is so full of falsehoods. First of all, Kobe has NEVER won a championship without another all-star with him. First 3 with Shaq, last 2 with Gasol. Look at the years in between in which Kobe was the only star. He couldn't even get them out of the first round. You swap Kobe and LeBron and I have zero doubt that LeBron has multiple titles and Kobe still has 3. It's not even close how much more talent Kobe has had around him.

As for Jordan, he did have a great rebounder/shot blocker in Rodman and an all-star #2 in Pippen.

topscribe
07-07-2010, 02:59 PM
This post is so full of falsehoods. First of all, Kobe has NEVER won a championship without another all-star with him. First 3 with Shaq, last 2 with Gasol. Look at the years in between in which Kobe was the only star. He couldn't even get them out of the first round. You swap Kobe and LeBron and I have zero doubt that LeBron has multiple titles and Kobe still has 3. It's not even close how much more talent Kobe has had around him.

As for Jordan, he did have a great rebounder/shot blocker in Rodman and an all-star #2 in Pippen.

For that reason, I won't be surprised if LeBron joins Wade and Bosh with the
Heat.

But it takes more than the conglomeration of superstars. For instance, Iverson
and Anthony never did hit it off on the court, even though they were best of
friends. Yet Billups, who is not as innately talented as Iverson, and Anthony
clicked and became the core of a contender. The most talented team doesn't
always win.

If LeBron does join the Heat, it will be interesting to see how that works out.
After all, there's only one ball . . .

-----

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Heat.

always win.

-----

It did work in the Olympics. Granted, this is much different than the Olympics, but LeBron/Wade/Bosh have proven that they can play together.

I, personally, think it would be fascinating. If they did gel together and work as a team, they would be impossible to beat.

SOCALORADO.
07-07-2010, 03:14 PM

Best record in the NBA, Coach Of the Year, Shaq, Antwan Jamison.
The list goes on and on and yet lil' bron cant step up and sink tough shots in opposing teams buildings consistently WITH NO HELP from anyone else on his team like other great players do consistently not once, not twice, not three times, but four! Yeah, FOUR freakin times in one game even with opposing players hands and elbows in his face and double teams, and like i said, no help from anyone else on his team, to close out a series.
Sorta like a specific player did this last playoff run. Again, with NO HELP from anyone else. Just out on an island, by himself, doin work.

Meanwhile lil' bron was makin another really cool commercial where he jumps from one high rise building to another like superman. So Awsome.

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 03:16 PM
LOL at people still mentioning Shaq. He has been washed up for about 3-4 years now. Jamison? Ok, he's a pretty good player but where was he in the playoffs? LeBron can only do so much.

BroncoWave
07-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Best record in the NBA, Coach Of the Year, Shaq, Antwan Jamison.
The list goes on and on and yet lil' bron cant step up and sink tough shots in opposing teams buildings consistently WITH NO HELP from anyone else on his team like other great players do consistently not once, not twice, not three times, but four! Yeah, FOUR freakin times in one game even with opposing players hands and elbows in his face and double teams, and like i said, no help from anyone else on his team, to close out a series.
Sorta like a specific player did this last playoff run. Again, with NO HELP from anyone else. Just out on an island, by himself, doin work.

Meanwhile lil' bron was makin another really cool commercial where he jumps from one high rise building to another like superman. So Awsome.

:lol: I know you're not talking about the person who went 6-24 in game 7?

Denver Native (Carol)
07-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I do not hate James - my whole point in starting this thread, posting the article I did, was to state my displeasure towards his EGO, and by this ESPN hour production he will be doing, to NOTHING more than let the world know who he will be playing for, and the following opening comment by him on his new twitter account yesterday ----

"Hello World, the Real King James is in the Building,"

I can't see how anyone does not see his MAJOR EGO

SOCALORADO.
07-07-2010, 03:40 PM
:lol: I know you're not talking about the person who went 6-24 in game 7?

The same person who scored more points than any other player and had more rebounds than any other Celtic on the court. Yeah, that guy. You know him as Kobe but to the rest of the world hes the MVP and best player in the world by far.:laugh:
But who cares bout that? Were talking about the lil' bron super, happy fun hour!!

BroncoBJ
07-07-2010, 04:32 PM
lol I really find this hilarious. I'm not even mad about it. Obviously hes an attention whore and loves the media and loves himself. Has the chosen one tatooed on him. ROFLMFAOOOOOOOO :lol: So everyone already knows hes a primadonna that loves himself. But I just find this hilarious. I'll definatly tune in to Lebrons show tommorow night. Gonna be exciting. :elefant:

SOCALORADO.
07-07-2010, 04:38 PM
lol I really find this hilarious. I'm not even mad about it. Obviously hes an attention whore and loves the media and loves himself. Has the chosen one tatooed on him. ROFLMFAOOOOOOOO :lol: So everyone already knows hes a primadonna that loves himself. But I just find this hilarious. I'll definatly tune in to Lebrons show tommorow night. Gonna be exciting. :elefant:

What tatoo does he have!?!?

BroncoBJ
07-07-2010, 04:39 PM
What tatoo does he have!?!?

He has " Chosen one"

http://www.quadratix.org/wp-content/gallery/tats/lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg

:lol:

SOCALORADO.
07-07-2010, 04:49 PM
He has " Chosen one"

http://www.quadratix.org/wp-content/gallery/tats/lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg

:lol:

I never knew this. Honestly, I was half expecting a small tatoo of Obama on his arm or shoulder.
Unreal. From now on, thats how i will refer to him.
"The Chosen One" "The Golden Child"
So special, so messiah-like, his skillz with a ball, yo!?!?!

BTW, WHO!?!? "Chose" this guy!?!?
Answer=E!SPN/Gatorade.

Ravage!!!
07-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Jordan didn't win a championship without "significant" help in Pippin, and was in the league 7 YEARS before winning his first championship (btw Kobe couldn't win it forever without Shaq, and by the time he played with James, Shaq was nearly in a wheelchair).

Believe it or not, you can be a great player without winning a championship first. YOu can be a wanted player without having to "prove" with rings. Micheal Jordan was one of the most popular players in the NBA before he sniffed a Championship. Its ridiculous to put James down for the lack of banners in his VERY young career.

Ravage!!!
07-07-2010, 05:06 PM
The same person who scored more points than any other player and had more rebounds than any other Celtic on the court. Yeah, that guy. You know him as Kobe but to the rest of the world hes the MVP and best player in the world by far.:laugh:
But who cares bout that? Were talking about the lil' bron super, happy fun hour!!

He's not the best player anymore, and everyone knows that.

Ravage!!!
07-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Heat.

always win.

-----
and the fact that Lebron has proved himself to be one of the best distributors in the NBA.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Some guy who called in not long ago on FM104.3thefan was totally upset with James, and stated this is no more than a production put on by James - as the guy stated - IF he knows tomorrow who he will be signing with - HE KNOWS TODAY.

BroncoBJ
07-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Jordan didn't win a championship without "significant" help in Pippin, and was in the league 7 YEARS before winning his first championship (btw Kobe couldn't win it forever without Shaq, and by the time he played with James, Shaq was nearly in a wheelchair).

Believe it or not, you can be a great player without winning a championship first. YOu can be a wanted player without having to "prove" with rings. Micheal Jordan was one of the most popular players in the NBA before he sniffed a Championship. Its ridiculous to put James down for the lack of banners in his VERY young career.

Theres no doubt that hes a very gifted ball player. I think everyone knows that and people that say he sucks are just haters :lol: But theres no doubt that he is a premadonna and loves himself and seems like hes very in to himself. Really strange.

And yea Socal, it makes me laugh. Having that tattoo on his back. :lol: Who does that? Sillyness.

Cant wait to see the show tommorow though. :elefant:

EMB6903
07-07-2010, 08:26 PM

What star has ever won a title without "significant help"?

Its funn you even bring up Shaq because hes garbage these days. They were a better team with Big Z in the rotation.

OrangeHoof
07-08-2010, 02:06 AM
This post is so full of falsehoods. First of all, Kobe has NEVER won a championship without another all-star with him. First 3 with Shaq, last 2 with Gasol.

Yeah, Gasol carried those Grizzlies to several titles before he got to L.A. Oh, wait, the Grizzlies sucked. Next.

Scottie "you must be trippin'" Pippen is the most overrated second fiddle in NBA history. He wasn't worth crap the minute you let him escape Jordan's shadow. Remember that crybaby routine when he refused to enter a game in the closing minutes? All hype. Lived strictly off MJ's success.

Here's the difference. Kobe and Jordan had good players around them, hit the big shots in crunch time and won titles. LeBron has good teammates but still no rings. That's none as in zero.

Poet
07-08-2010, 05:00 AM
First and foremost, I hate LeBron James. I think anyone that likes him is foolish because he's the most arrogant douche I have ever seen.

That being said, he's a once in a lifetime player, and as dominant a force as almost any player in their prime. He has never had a great team around him, although the last few years he hasn't had bad teams around him either, that's just LeBron apologists making excuses for him.

As much as it pains me to say it, the NBA will be a better league if he wins championships.

He's the best player, and the most overrated player in sports, maybe sports history. While he is the best player in the NBA, he is only marginally better than Kobe Bryant or Dwayne Wade. Let's not forget that he left his team high and dry in the NBA playoffs this year.

That being said, I just saw ESPN reports that he's going to sign in Miami with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.

I don't want this to happen, mainly because watching LeBron succeed causes me pain. I have never seen a player get as much hype and ignorant support as this guy. It's like every loser who dreamed of being a NBA player and flopped picked him as their champion.

If it does happen then that's the season. No one is going to be able to beat that trio. The Lakers just won back-to-back titles with two stud players and a strong supporting cast. While they would be a much deeper team than Miami, the Heat would be able to sport two legitimate top five players in the NBA.

As the adage goes 'defense wins championships' (and it does, if you want to argue this then go take a long walk because A. you're wrong and B. you're still wrong) - LeBron is a great defender when he doesn't quit on his team and Dwayne Wade's defense is underrated, Bosh is a strong inside force as well.

You factor in that they would have three top ten scoring players and it's a wrap.

SOCALORADO.
07-08-2010, 09:35 AM
First and foremost, I hate LeBron James. I think anyone that likes him is foolish because he's the most arrogant douche I have ever seen.

That being said, he's a once in a lifetime player, and as dominant a force as almost any player in their prime. He has never had a great team around him, although the last few years he hasn't had bad teams around him either, that's just LeBron apologists making excuses for him.

As much as it pains me to say it, the NBA will be a better league if he wins championships.

He's the best player, and the most overrated player in sports, maybe sports history. While he is the best player in the NBA, he is only marginally better than Kobe Bryant or Dwayne Wade. Let's not forget that he left his team high and dry in the NBA playoffs this year.

That being said, I just saw ESPN reports that he's going to sign in Miami with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.

I don't want this to happen, mainly because watching LeBron succeed causes me pain. I have never seen a player get as much hype and ignorant support as this guy. It's like every loser who dreamed of being a NBA player and flopped picked him as their champion.

If it does happen then that's the season. No one is going to be able to beat that trio. The Lakers just won back-to-back titles with two stud players and a strong supporting cast. While they would be a much deeper team than Miami, the Heat would be able to sport two legitimate top five players in the NBA.

As the adage goes 'defense wins championships' (and it does, if you want to argue this then go take a long walk because A. you're wrong and B. you're still wrong) - LeBron is a great defender when he doesn't quit on his team and Dwayne Wade's defense is underrated, Bosh is a strong inside force as well.

You factor in that they would have three top ten scoring players and it's a wrap.

I agree to a large extent, except for the best player title.
I don't like Kobe as a person and have stated it here many times.
But that aside, hes the best. Period. No one makes clutch shots when they matter more than Kobe. And he does it consistently on an island, double teamed all alone. No one makes last second shots with regularity more than Kobe. No one does it better when it matters, all alone more than Kobe. Yes he has a great supporting cast, but he does the tough work all alone, with no help, dagger after dagger, again and again. He also is the best closer in sports which to me makes him the best.
Now if your talking about which player is the most athletic, physically talented player, who puts up huge #'s on a consistent basis during the season week to week, then hell yeah, its lil bron. Hes a beast inside, he can take it to the hole and opposing players will simply get out of his way, knowing full well hes going to clown them if they don't. And he can shoot from anywhere at anytime. The guys a monster as a player, but its his mentality that gets in his own way. he doesn't have the killer mentality to in his own head HATE the opposing players with a personal passion that causes him to take it to another level and dominate when he needs to.
I think most of the NBA fan base kinda expected this guy to just absolutely go full blown, psycho crazy with passion to win a game, and take the it to another level when he got to the playoffs every time, and he just doesn't do it. I know it sounds lame, but he doesn't have that killer instinct yet.
But he sure does like throwing powder in the air and acting like "Its ON!!"
He sure does like doin commercials and hangin in NYC. And apparently he seems to think hes the "Chosen One" or the "Golden Child".
Meanwhile Kobe is practicing his fall away jumper ala Jordan cause he knows he aint gettin any younger......

Ravage!!!
07-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Weird to see King not like someone from Cleveland :laugh:

Poet
07-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Weird to see King not like someone from Cleveland :laugh:

I love Halle Berry, and have a lot of respect for Josh Cribbs.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-08-2010, 09:36 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/livingston/index.ssf/2010/07/whatever_his_voiced_reasons_it.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Chosen One left the money and ran.

Until 9:28 Thursday night, there was still the thought in Cleveland that reports LeBron James would go to Miami as a free agent were a vast smoke screen, like the volcano in Iceland. But they were not.

Defecting players usually say sports are a business. But while James' decision certainly crushes businesses around The Q, for Cleveland, this was personal. How could it possibly be business when the Cavaliers could pay $30 million more over a long-term contract than any of his suitors?

James is the local legend who severed his ties with the area and now becomes as reviled as any sports figure other than Art Modell. He is the great player who left unfinished business after quitting on his team on the court and left unanswered questions by quitting on his city off it.

The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today.

The smiley face that Miami will put on this will be that James placed a chance to solidify one of the NBA's potentially great teams ahead of his ego. But as the dog-and-pony show of James' free agency shows, it was always all about him.

There is no doubt, however, that Cleveland enabled him with the huge billboard-sized banner across from The Q; with the "Witness" signs, as if he were able to perform miracles; with the sing-along by city and state officials, pleading for him to stay. There was a clear indication from the moment he wore a Yankees cap to a New York-Indians playoff game in what was then called Jacobs Field that he felt he could do anything he pleased. No one in the Cavaliers' organization would ever tell him no.

What a surprise that he became monstrously self-centered.

In the end, he proved not good enough to win it all, even with a good supporting cast.

By waiting to leave until after his high-profile basketball camp in his hometown of Akron, by surrounding himself there with current and former Cavs teammates, and by scheduling a one-hour national cable "event" just to exploit this city's suffering, he hit the trifecta in deplorable behavior.

He had before invoked all the connotations of home, only to leave it. He had before summoned an image of family, only to reject it. He had before cherished loyalty, only to betray it. He wears "Family" and "Loyalty" tattoos on his torso. Dermabrasion, please. The sooner, the better.

By contrast, Tim Duncan could have left the Spurs for Orlando, almost did, then stayed and won three of his four championships afterward. Kobe Bryant almost forced his way out of Los Angeles, then stayed and won two championships among his five overall, in just the last two years.

With James, there was always a childish, self-aggrandizing aspect to his game and a divided focus on the importance of winning. He was caught up in hosting the ESPYs and "Saturday Night Live" or making a proposed movie. Such perks once followed winning, but in his case, they preceded it.

He always wanted everyone to look at him. He valued trick shots, attempting looping, underhanded efforts from halfcourt before the game. He indulged in showy, copycat gestures like the pre-game powder throw. (Kevin Garnett did it first). He was not the winner we thought, not by a long shot in the Boston series. He was the fabulous curiosity, the bearded lady, the dancing bear.

He rubbed it in, dancing and preening, when the Cavs won and, at least twice, against Boston in 2008 and Orlando in 2009, he left without shaking hands after they lost. By joining the stocked-with-superstars Miami Heat, he becomes on the court what his rooting interests in the New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys made him off it -- a front-runner.

As far as the "multiple" championships go that the abdicated "King" thinks will ratify greatness, is that really so? Until the rise of Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson in the 1980s and '90s, Jerry West and Oscar Robertson were commonly considered the best guards in NBA history. They won two championships between them. Years of excellence established their reputations, despite the obstacles the Bill Russell dynasty presented.

James will be compared to Modell, although NBA basketball, of sorts, will continue here, and NFL football, the biggest thing in town by far, did not for three years. Of course Modell should have sold to a local buyer, but he was down to his last resort in order to stay in the game when he moved the Browns to ease his financial burdens. James had plenty of time, at age 25, to redeem his feeble efforts against Boston. Garnett, for example, stayed a decade in a less competitive situation in Minnesota and left more honorably.

Modell's move meant he sacrificed his chance for his sport's Hall of Fame.

James -- despite the problems he and Dwyane Wade will have in sharing the ball, despite the need to keep the third mercenary, Chris Bosh, happy too -- probably thinks he has won the world.

Everywhere but home, although he said he will still live in Akron.

Because home is gone. Because it's personal here too.

topscribe
07-08-2010, 11:34 PM
How in the world can one team afford all three of those guys? :confused:

-----

atwater27
07-09-2010, 12:50 AM
The NBA is a joke. No parity whatsoever. because of shit like this.

Lonestar
07-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Well clevland loses again.

Feel sorry for the fans but since Paul Brown left that city sucks in sports.

Maybe time to adopt another team or MOVE.

Not a labraun fan at all but he just drove a stake into the heart of the city.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

atwater27
07-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Well clevland loses again.

Feel sorry for the fans but since Paul Brown left that city sucks in sports.

Maybe time to adopt another team or MOVE.

Not a labraun fan at all but he just drove a stake into the heart of the city.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

They were just recovering from John Elway. Poor wittle cwevewanders.

frauschieze
07-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Poet
07-09-2010, 03:33 AM
One thing that I can get out of this is the immense joy of knowing that the city of Cleveland is suffering.

Over the last few years they saw the Browns look like a playoff team only to fail miserably. They thought that the Indians were a playoff team and they failed miserably and traded away their best players. They know in their heart of hearts that any chance of NBA relevance just left for South Florida.

Ah, it feels so good, so good to know that while my city sucks at sports as well, we've at least won a major one in the past twentyish years.

Words cannot express how much joy I gained when I watched those heartbroken and crestfallen fans burn their former savior's jersey in hatred.

It's funny, no, it's downright hysterical that some of them think that they just got a new clean start for the NBA. Your stupid owner thought that bringing in a decrepit Shaq, a point guard in Mo Williams who has to bust his ass even to put up 'good' numbers and a scoring guard in Antwain Jamison who can't play a lick of defense. He brought those guys in on a DEFENSIVE TEAM! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That owner is going to guide you towards a clean start?

The fact of the matter is that you will always be losers. You will never win. You don't deserve a winner because you live in a crappy city filled with crappy and ignorant fans. Go take a dump in a toilet and then shove your head down it, that experience is the SAME one you get year after year in Cleveland, and all it cost you was the 2 bucks you spent on that can of Spam.

Everything gets taken from you losers. C.C. Sabathia and Lee were traded, Art Modell took your team in the middle of the night, the Browns traded Kellen Winslow Jr. and Braylon Edwards for peanuts. But this, this is special, this is a special type of loss. You got back your Browns and Winslow and Edwards wanted out of Cleveland in a bad way. The Indians had a few promising glimmers but that team needed to be blown up.

You can rationalize those events all you want. But for the Cavs...no no no, no you can't. You had a once in a lifetime player. A player who is going to be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Sure, he was an arrogant little douchebag and was selfish, but he was good enough to take average teams and make them better. You had a chance to lock up a player who has a strong chance of being one of the best players in the history of the NBA.

And he's gone.

FOREVER!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

And to top it all off, you're stuck with a crappy retread coach, and average players on your roster.

Oh I hate LeBron with a passion, and watching him win a bunch of championships is going to make me hurt inside, but that hurt will wash away every time I look at Cleveland sports.

SUCK IT CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skinny
07-09-2010, 04:32 AM
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.htmlToo bad Mr. Gilbert did'nt have this 'go get'em' attitude while Lebron was still a Cav. Lebron left because he felt Miami gave him the best chance to win a championship. If he felt that could happen in Cleveland, he would still be a Cavalier. Danny boy really has no one to blame but himself.

broncophan
07-09-2010, 06:01 AM

-----

They must be the "yankees" of the NBA....

CrazyHorse
07-09-2010, 06:54 AM

-----

Easy. They fill the rest of the team with a bunch of scrubs.

SOCALORADO.
07-09-2010, 07:39 AM
LeBronomics: Could High Taxes Influence James' Team Decision?
NBA superstar free agent would pay over $12 million in New York income taxes, none in Miami

By Kyle Gillis
Business & Media Institute
7/8/2010 12:10:56 PM
While sports reporters have sought agents and teammates for the inside scoop on where NBA superstar free agent LeBron James will sign, there’s another person who may know The King’s next move: his accountant.
In a July 1 blog post, the New York Post warned that “dysfunctional lawmakers in Albany” could cost the state a chance to bring the coveted athlete to New York.
“If LeBron James goes to the Miami Heat instead of the [New York] Knicks, blame our dysfunctional lawmakers in Albany, who have saddled top-earning New Yorkers with the highest state and city income taxes in the nation, soon to be 12.85 percent on top of the IRS bite,” the Post said.
The tax savings for James in Miami over New York City would be staggering, according to the Post’s analysis.
“On a five-year contract worth $96 million -- what he'd get from the Knicks or the Heat -- LeBron would pay $12.34 million in New York taxes.” Florida has no state income tax.
New Jersey and Ohio, the other reported frontrunners to attract James, also have state income taxes, but they are not as his as in New York. Based on a $96 million contract, James would pay $5.69 million in state taxes if he re-signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. If he signed with the New Jersey Nets, James would pay $10.32 million in state taxes.
The New York Post isn’t the only media outlet using “LeBronomics.” In her July 8 EconWatch post, CBSNews.com’s Jill Schlesinger dubbed yesterday’s market rally “The LeBron James rally.”
Robert Schoenberger and Teresa Dixon Murray of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer estimated that downtown Cleveland businesses will lose $48 million over the course of the NBA season without James.
http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2010/20100708120415.aspx

SOCALORADO.
07-09-2010, 07:43 AM
On a side note, i could not believe the cheesiness of that lame spectacle. And i didnt even watch but saw he signed on the bottom line on some channel. Then i flipped over and it was the purest cheese i have ever seen.
That guy might as well collect paychecks from E!SPN.

SOCALORADO.
07-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Great stuff from Williamson. At least theres 1 guy at E!SPN who playing the role of anti-lil bron.
Part of it. (can we do this?)
5. Red Flag No. 1: Wade and Bosh (who have the same agent, by the way) hired documentary crews to follow them around. As any reality-show junkie knows, if there's no drama, you have to manufacture it. Well, how could a free-agency documentary (or reality show, or web series, or whatever they do with this footage) have drama if both guys decided where they were going weeks ago? You'd have to center it around Wade's upcoming divorce, or Bosh struggling to decide whether to stay with his girlfriend or hook up with those gorgeous half-Cuban models that only exist in South Beach. And neither guy would ever do that. So what works? Indecision. Meetings. More meetings. A lot of "agonizing." If this footage ever sees the light of day, I bet the acting is worse than your average episode of "The Hills." You wait.

6. Red Flag No. 2: Wade's second visit with Chicago (the old "I really might do this, look, I'm meeting with them again!" trick) was a textbook reality ploy. Look, I've logged my fair share of reality TV over the years. It's one of my vices, along with gambling, Sour Patch kids, Sly Stallone movies and unprotected sex in hotel saunas. (Fine, I made that last one up.) If I were producing Wade's documentary, I would have told him, "After we meet with the Bulls, let's leak information that you want to meet them a second time, and that you want to be closer to your kids post-divorce, then after the meeting we'll shoot a scene of you walking along Lake Michigan deep in thought like you're deciding what to do. Just trust me. It will be great TV." That's what you do when you fake reality. And that second Chicago meeting sure seemed fake.

(Also helping this theory: Multiple teams -- that's right, multiple -- believe Wade went through the free-agency process partly to spy on Miami's competitors for Pat Riley. And if he did? Savvy. Why not? Did you ever think an NBA free-agency period would include the word "spy"? That would have been the wackiest thing that happened this summer if Darko Milicic, Channing Frye, Amir Johnson and Drew Gooden hadn't signed for a combined $114 million on the same day Atlanta offered Joe Johnson $120 million to thank him for leading the Hawks to a four-game sweep in Round 2 in which they were outscored by 25 points per game.)

7. Red Flag No. 3: Wade is 28 years old and just finishing a bitter divorce. He's earned max money for exactly three years and doesn't have a second payday looming in 2016 like Bosh and LeBron do. As we learned with Antoine Walker and Allen Iverson, "wealthy" superstars are never quite as wealthy as we think. Walking away from a sixth guaranteed year in Miami (and no state income tax) when he's battled serious injuries in the past? No way. This was his one chance to bank as much money as possible. It was always going to be Miami.

8. Red Flag No. 4: Bosh clearly wanted to emerge from this summer more famous than he was. I know this because he hired his own documentary crew. Because he made an "Entourage" cameo last month. Because someone who attended one of Bosh's free-agent meetings told me that Bosh was considerably more concerned with his camera crew than hearing the team's pitch. Because he asked his Twitter followers where he should play next year -- a slap in the face to everyone in Toronto who supported him these past seven years -- and because I attended two different 2010 Lakers games at which Bosh inexplicably walked a complete lap around the court while holding hands with his girlfriend, like someone who just wanted to be seen. And it worked. You see a 7-foot basketball player strolling 0.02 miles an hour around a basketball court, you're going to notice him.

If you want fame, then attaching yourself to Wade and/or LeBron in a major market is the way to go. That's what Bosh did. Orlando's Stan Van Gundy even hissed yesterday that Bosh followed Wade around for two weeks like a "lapdog." Doesn't sound like someone who ever seriously considered anywhere but Miami. Add those four red flags together and it's pretty clear, in retrospect, that Wade and Bosh never seriously looked elsewhere. You know, because any time you can play in a city with such rich basketball tradition, you have to do it. It's hard not to get inspired during the national anthem when you see Rony Seikaly's number in the rafters.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100708

Denver Native (Carol)
07-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Too bad Mr. Gilbert did'nt have this 'go get'em' attitude while Lebron was still a Cav. Lebron left because he felt Miami gave him the best chance to win a championship. If he felt that could happen in Cleveland, he would still be a Cavalier. Danny boy really has no one to blame but himself.

I am not sure I agree with this - yesterday I read something where he would have made much more money if he had stayed in Cleveland. If you are paying MAJOR money to one player, that does not leave much to bring in other elite players. Also, it was stated that both Wade and Bosh agreed to take less to get James there.

This was a set up between the 3 players - in an article, it was stated that when they signed their previous contracts, all 3 agreed to make sure they would all expire at the same time.

Also, I really do not see how Wade and James can exist together - both of them consider themselves to be "THE ONE", and I can't see either one of them relinquishing that.

I love Vic Lombardi's take on this from his twitter:

I will openly root against the Miami Heat from now on. Player collusion. Team-stacking. I hate it.

AND

Cavs owner Dan Gilbert might very well be my favorite human of all time. He just went flat-out gangsta on LBJ. I love it!

Shazam!
07-09-2010, 10:30 AM
LeBron is a piece of trash, I hate his guts. Ive said this long before this whole debacle.

Also which was represented well on full display last night was why I HATE ESPN too last night.

He even captivated the NYC/Tri-State area by broadcasting from here, bought a house here, and Knicks/Nets fans thought he may be coming here.

He represents all that is wrong with professional athletes today x100. I hope he never wins shit.

Overtime
07-09-2010, 11:03 AM
LeBron hasn't even done anything to garner all the attention he's gotten. he's just a spoiled brat, who plays great in the regular season, and then no call no shows in the playoffs.

I will laugh my ass off next year when the Heat either gets beat by the Celtics in the playoffs, or gets trounced by the Lakers in the Finals.

LeBron will never win a championship. EVER. and it will be so fitting.

SOCALORADO.
07-09-2010, 11:14 AM
LeBron hasn't even done anything to garner all the attention he's gotten. he's just a spoiled brat, who plays great in the regular season, and then no call no shows in the playoffs.

I will laugh my ass off next year when the Heat either gets beat by the Celtics in the playoffs, or gets trounced by the Lakers in the Finals.

LeBron will never win a championship. EVER. and it will be so fitting.

Not worried. Even if LA had their current line up, they win.
If LA can somehow aquire Mark Gasol, (rumor in LA, just a rumor though) then LA would have more than enough firepower, height and phyical ability to stop this "supa-friends, wonder triplets powers activate!" nightmare.

Fun Fact: Lil' bron will now wear a cape when playing games. He also might wear the cape off the court too.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-09-2010, 11:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365793

CLEVELAND -- Angered and betrayed by LeBron James' decision to leave for Miami, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert accused the NBA's MVP of quitting during the playoffs.

Gilbert, who posted a letter to Cavs fans on the team's website shortly after James announced his plans to sign with the Heat, told The Associated Press late Thursday night that it's "accountability time" for James.

"He has gotten a free pass," Gilbert said in a phone interview with The AP. "People have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

Gilbert said James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

The Cavaliers were beaten by 32 points in Game 5. During the game, James appeared distracted and uninterested, often glaring at Cleveland's coaches as the Cavs tried to foul to get back into the game in the second half. James also made some puzzling postgame comments, saying he had "spoiled" people with his play over seven seasons.

Gilbert also said he believes James quit on the Cavs in Game 6 of their series in 2009 against Orlando.

"Go back and look at the tape," he said. "How many shots did he take?"

Gilbert, who has owned the Cavs for five years, said he was most disappointed by James' behavior in the months leading up to the superstar's announcement that he is going to Miami to play with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Gilbert said James never returned a single phone message or text since the end of the season and that the Cavs were not informed of James' decision until he went on the air.

Gilbert said Rich Paul, one of James' business partners, called the Cavs moments before the announcement.

"LeBron James needs to go to another team with two superstars already so he can win a championship," Gilbert said. "We will win a championship before [the Heat] do."

Gilbert said he now wishes he had done some things differently with James, who spent seven seasons with the Cavs.

"It's not about him leaving," Gilbert said. "It's the disrespect. It's time for people to hold these athletes accountable for their actions. Is this the way you raise your children? I've been holding this all in for a long time."

In Miami, Wade said he was stunned by Gilbert's comments.

"I think I'm happy that I have the owner that I have here in Miami," Wade told The Associated Press late Thursday night. "I'm happy Micky Arison is my owner. I couldn't believe it. I'm speechless. It's very unfortunate and I think it makes LeBron that much better about his decision.

"We knew 'Bron would take some backlash," Wade added in his interview with AP. "I told him he's a strong man for it."

In the letter posted on the Cavaliers' website Gilbert called the process on James' free agency "narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his 'decision' unlike anything ever 'witnessed' in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment."

Gilbert told Cavs fans: "You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

Gilbert promised that "curse" on Cleveland sports would follow James to Miami.

"The self-declared former 'King' will be taking the 'curse' with him down south," Gilbert wrote. "And until he does 'right' by Cleveland and Ohio, James [and the town where he plays] will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma."

Gilbert finished the letter by promising to put his focus on bringing a championship to Cleveland with the Cavaliers.

"I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

"DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue...."

Skinny
07-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I am not sure I agree with this - yesterday I read something where he would have made much more money if he had stayed in Cleveland. If you are paying MAJOR money to one player, that does not leave much to bring in other elite players. Also, it was stated that both Wade and Bosh agreed to take less to get James there.

This was a set up between the 3 players - in an article, it was stated that when they signed their previous contracts, all 3 agreed to make sure they would all expire at the same time.

Also, I really do not see how Wade and James can exist together - both of them consider themselves to be "THE ONE", and I can't see either one of them relinquishing that.

I love Vic Lombardi's take on this from his twitter:

I will openly root against the Miami Heat from now on. Player collusion. Team-stacking. I hate it.

AND

Cavs owner Dan Gilbert might very well be my favorite human of all time. He just went flat-out gangsta on LBJ. I love it!

True, but he could have signed for whatever he wanted too. If he wanted to take less money in Cleveland likes he doing in Miami, all he had to do was say the word. I'm sure Gilbert and freinds would have been happy to do that for him. But money was obviously not the issue, it was the opportunity to win a championship that made lebron sign in Miami.

IMO that FO has no idea what their doing. Lebron had been in Cleveland for 7 years and during that time they have done a terrible job trying to surround him with talent. Gilbert and that franchise could'nt hold a candle to the likes of the Lakers, Celtics, or Suns as far doing whatever it takes in FA or the draft to win championships. It's what seperates them from everbody else. Instead they surround him with a old, half-the-player-he-was C in O'neal and a couple of one deminionsal players who would be coming off the bench on alot of other teams, and it cost them a once in a lifetime player.

Lonestar
07-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Cleveland is an armpit and frankly he had 7 years indentured service ther. WHO in their right mind would not move to MIA opposed to CLE for any reason.. EVEN if they did not have the talent they had coming just not having to live in CLE would be raise enuff.

PLUS there is NO state income tax an added bonus.

OrangeHoof
07-09-2010, 12:35 PM
I always liked them more as the Cadavers anyway. Just like the Cubs were more lovable as hapless losers (oh, welcome back, Cubs!).

BigDaddyBronco
07-09-2010, 02:12 PM

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Wow, way to take the high road Mr. Gilbert!

RedFalcon
07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
I think Mr. LeBron James is kind of a traitor. He betrayed Cleveland and practically told them that Cleveland Cavs sucks and they're too small for his ego.

There are lots of other athletes that played with a team and never won a championship. And they still made it the Hall of Fame and they are still loved. Because they had character and integrity. Which is something that James lacks.

broncophan
07-09-2010, 02:49 PM
I really don't care much for the NBA.....but from the outside looking in.....LeBron will get what he deserves.......and I don't mean an NBA championship.

BroncoBJ
07-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Cleveland got what they deserved. Pathetic city, pathetic fans. :salute:

Benetto
07-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Lebron, Wade, and Bosh? Sounds like a artificially created masterpiece. Pat Riley is a magician. Much respect for the man. Dude makes things happen.

I hope they crash and burn, like when L.A brought in all those superstars (Malone, Payton, etc) to team up with Shaq and Kobmeister.

OrangeHoof
07-09-2010, 05:53 PM
LeBron has the right to sign with whoever he wants to. That's why it's called "free agency". (cuz it certainly ain't free). I'm dogging LeBron because he chokes in the playoffs, not because he was a jerk about leaving Cleveland.

If I were a superstar athlete, I'd want to play in a state with no personal income tax (FL, TX, NV). But if I wanted to be "all that", I'd go to L.A. or N.Y. This actually tells me LeBron is about more than money. What that is, exactly, I don't know but if he were all about money, he'd be a Knick.

Ravage!!!
07-09-2010, 06:52 PM
I don't see what the big deal is? Now he's suppposed to take less to play for a team that hasn't shown the commitment to make a true run at the Championship? Please. Thats what the league is built on. Free agency. I don't get why some just love to hate on a guy for simply making a career decision that makes him happy. The next time one of you insurance salesman leaves your Shelter Insurance agency to work somewhere else, be sure to make a post so people can tell you what a lousy traitor you are to your company.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-09-2010, 07:15 PM
LeBron has the right to sign with whoever he wants to. That's why it's called "free agency". (cuz it certainly ain't free). I'm dogging LeBron because he chokes in the playoffs, not because he was a jerk about leaving Cleveland.

If I were a superstar athlete, I'd want to play in a state with no personal income tax (FL, TX, NV). But if I wanted to be "all that", I'd go to L.A. or N.Y. This actually tells me LeBron is about more than money. What that is, exactly, I don't know but if he were all about money, he'd be a Knick.

Alfred & DMac were talking about this on TheFan today, and their thoughts were that he picked Miami because he did not want to be "the man" anymore, - where he would have been that elsewhere, but in Miami, Wade is "the man". Don't know.

Northman
07-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Good move for Lebron. He wont win shit in Cleveland anyway. They are cursed to forever never win jack shit. lol

Ravage!!!
07-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Good move for Lebron. He wont win shit in Cleveland anyway. They are cursed to forever never win jack shit. lol

Every one of their pro-teams are the same. I would get outta that town as welll, not to mention saving the HUGE money on taxes when in Florida.. wow.

Gamechanger
07-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Lebron, Wade, and Bosh? Sounds like a artificially created masterpiece. Pat Riley is a magician. Much respect for the man. Dude makes things happen.

I hope they crash and burn, like when L.A brought in all those superstars (Malone, Payton, etc) to team up with Shaq and Kobmeister.

they will
and when they do, South Beach & Dade County will riot
oh teh lulz

Benetto
07-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm kinda envious....I'd trade Kobe for Lebron right now...Call me Riles.

Overtime
07-12-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm kinda envious....I'd trade Kobe for Lebron right now...Call me Riles.

you'd trade a 5 time NBA World Champ for a 0 time Narcisstic Self-Infatuated Loser who goes cold in the playoffs???

And that ladies and gentlemen is why Bennetto here flips burgers instead of being the GM of an NBA team. :coffee:

Benetto
07-13-2010, 10:39 AM
you'd trade a 5 time NBA World Champ for a 0 time Narcisstic Self-Infatuated Loser who goes cold in the playoffs???

And that ladies and gentlemen is why Bennetto here flips burgers instead of being the GM of an NBA team. :coffee:

Damn How did you know? :coffee: just last 4th of July I was flippin burgers at my BBQ while off duty.

BTW...Ladies and gents, while your attention in is my direction...here is why douche bag morons who think they know shit, get their food spit on by real burger flippers...

BTW two words in response to your 5-time-champion remark...Shaq, Pau.

claymore
07-13-2010, 10:52 AM

He flips burgers like you give advice on relationships. :wickedburn:

Poet
07-13-2010, 02:09 PM

I agree with you on LeBron, but Benneto is a hoss.

Also, I would make that trade if I were the Lakers' owner. LeBron would A. have Gasol and Bynum and B. Hype makes money, and nothing in the NBA makes money like LeBron.