PDA

View Full Version : Twilight...

Shazam!
07-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Am I the only one that thinks it's terrible?

Am I the only one that thinks Edward Cullen is possibly the worst lead character in a movie ever?! That he's whiny, bitchy, predictable and wears gay makeup?

That the acting is generally just awful?

Or that it doesnt matter because it's a cash in just aimed at teens and tweens?

Tell me. Am I wrong? I cant stand them.

broncogirl7
07-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Actually...love them. Neices and I had a great time. Loved the books...if you understand the books, you'll understand the acting.

atwater27
07-05-2010, 12:38 AM
I don't hate Twilight. But I ain't crazy about it. My all time favorite Vampire flicks are the Blade series.

Tned
07-05-2010, 12:41 AM
My wife went to see the third one today with some friends, so yesterday she wanted to watch the first two again. A friend of mine had watched number two on a flight back from Europe and said it was better than he expected (and went on and watched number 1), so I figured WTH and decided to watch them with her last night.

They weren't bad. Great? No. About teen romancy? Yea, but considering what the target audience was (teens and harlequin romance type audience), I was pleasantly surprised.

GEM
07-05-2010, 12:58 AM
The movies are a huge let down from the books. The acting is horrible, but seeing the books transcended to film is my reason for seeing. It started out that I read twilight to make sure it was ok material for my daughter and actually enjoyed the book. Went on to read all the books. It's a good deal for me to spend quality time with my daughters.

MasterShake
07-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Never seen them, probably never will. Same with Harry Potter. I'm sure for the demographic the books are great, but I'm not a teenage girl or person who likes Vampire Romance novels. The closest I came to stuff like that is Anne Rice back in the 90's.

At first I wanted to make fun of the fans for waiting three hours to see the films, then I remembered i waited 6 to see the new Star Wars.:lol:

Vampire movies have always had a romantic twist to them. They are usually analogies for sex and unrequited love. Which is why, like Atwater says, my favorite movies about vampires are the ones where they just kill each other instead of talk about their feelings like the Blade series.

My favorite Vampire themed movies:

1. Blade
2. From Dusk til Dawn
3. Fright Night

And just like Harry Potter, the Twilight Movies make me happy just to know that tweens or anybody else is actually picking up a damn book. Its all trashy fun, and the guys have cornered the market on genre films for a while now. Let the ladies have their films. There are plenty of dude friendly vampire flicks to watch. Plus if you see them with your girl you get brownie points! Thank god my wife isn't into them, though! But she did just start watching Glee, one of her friends let her borrow the first season on DVD... :mad:

Plus, I'd see a Twighlight film before I'd see the Sex in the City movies any day. At least Twiglight has wolves. All Sex and the City has is a bunch of old hens and a horse with nice shoes. Now THERE is a movie franchise that needs a stake in the heart!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
07-05-2010, 08:15 AM
I've never seen or read them and have absolutely no interest.

girler
07-05-2010, 09:13 AM
I read the book before it was popular. If I'd have known how popular it was going to get, I don't know if I would have read it. :laugh: As it was, I got hooked and finished the whole series and have bought the books for my daughter, and taken her to see the first 2 movies. Her friend is supposedly taking her to see the 3rd today. I kind of watched a bad copy of that one last night that I found somewhere :whistle: and it is holding true to the previous movies. Though I like the books better, it's decent for jamming everything into 2 hours.

My favorite is still the SNL skit with the kid who plays the wolf dressed as a fangirl obsessed with the vampire. :rofl:

My least favorite is that at the beginning of the 3rd movie, they work hard to make Jacob very tall, but then they give up on that after about 15 minutes. How annoying, since he's supposed to be over 6'6".

BroncoWave
07-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Never seen them, probably never will. Same with Harry Potter. I'm sure for the demographic the books are great, but I'm not a teenage girl or person who likes Vampire Romance novels. The closest I came to stuff like that is Anne Rice back in the 90's.

At first I wanted to make fun of the fans for waiting three hours to see the films, then I remembered i waited 6 to see the new Star Wars.:lol:

Vampire movies have always had a romantic twist to them. They are usually analogies for sex and unrequited love. Which is why, like Atwater says, my favorite movies about vampires are the ones where they just kill each other instead of talk about their feelings like the Blade series.

My favorite Vampire themed movies:

1. Blade
2. From Dusk til Dawn
3. Fright Night

And just like Harry Potter, the Twilight Movies make me happy just to know that tweens or anybody else is actually picking up a damn book. Its all trashy fun, and the guys have cornered the market on genre films for a while now. Let the ladies have their films. There are plenty of dude friendly vampire flicks to watch. Plus if you see them with your girl you get brownie points! Thank god my wife isn't into them, though! But she did just start watching Glee, one of her friends let her borrow the first season on DVD... :mad:

Plus, I'd see a Twighlight film before I'd see the Sex in the City movies any day. At least Twiglight has wolves. All Sex and the City has is a bunch of old hens and a horse with nice shoes. Now THERE is a movie franchise that needs a stake in the heart!

Harry Potter is absolutely nothing like Twilight. Twilight is cheesy, little-girl vampire crap. Harry Potter is a very entertaining series that is, from what I have seen, is just as liked by adults as it is kids. It's very unfair to compare Harry Potter to that Twilight trash and I really think you should give that a chance. Harry Potter actually has enough quality substance to keep even the most mature readers entertained IMO.

T.K.O.
07-05-2010, 10:28 AM
i watched the first one on purpose....not terrible but could'nt figure out what all the "craze" was about it was just alright.
was talked into watching the 2nd one by my son's girlfriend after we all had dinner one night.....fell asleep after the first slow,boring 1/2....it remimded me of a bad teen soap opera,from the "plot ?" to the mediocre acting....no thanks on the 3rd or any subsequent installments:coffee:

atwater27
07-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Harry Potter is absolutely nothing like Twilight. Twilight is cheesy, little-girl vampire crap. Harry Potter is a very entertaining series that is, from what I have seen, is just as liked by adults as it is kids. It's very unfair to compare Harry Potter to that Twilight trash and I really think you should give that a chance. Harry Potter actually has enough quality substance to keep even the most mature readers entertained IMO.

Why pit them against eachother? The little boys and girls that grew up with harry potter are the same ones, adolescents now, that are obsessed with twilight.

MasterShake
07-05-2010, 11:23 AM

You're missing my point. I don't have a problem with any of it. I grew up with Star Wars so that's what I like. And being my age and liking what many consider a kids film helps me understand why people like Harry Potter and Twilight. All of those series have a pretty rich mythology, and we need modern myths.

BroncoWave
07-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Why pit them against eachother? The little boys and girls that grew up with harry potter are the same ones, adolescents now, that are obsessed with twilight.

MS compared them, I was just giving my opinion as to why they aren't even in the same league.

Tned
07-05-2010, 12:32 PM

Have you read both series?

Northman
07-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Nothing beats the Underworld or Blade series. And im not really crazy about glittering wampires either. But, i do dig the wolfs in the series. Bella is way over dramatic but it is designed for young teens. Ive enjoyed the movies for what they were but there are better vamp/werewolf moves and series out there.

Tned
07-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Nothing beats the Underworld or Blade series. And im not really crazy about glittering wampires either. But, i do dig the wolfs in the series. Bella is way over dramatic but it is designed for young teens. Ive enjoyed the movies for what they were but there are better vamp/werewolf moves and series out there.

I've never really been into vampire movies, but have watched some because my wife likes them. I've watched the underworld series, and thought they were pretty good. The blade series was good. There was also one I watched that had a guy and chick both hunters of vampire or other creature. The guy showed up and then they wound up working together. Had some big names in it.

Anyway, I watch some here and there, but it isn't my favorite genre.

I found the Twilight movies entertaining (I admit I was goofing on the internet at he same time). I wouldn't call them great, but entertaining.

T.K.O.
07-05-2010, 01:13 PM

yeah like eddie murphy in "vampire in brooklyn" or leslie neilson's "love at first bite":laugh:

j/k;)

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
07-06-2010, 04:47 AM
(Not PG 13)
b5Mx8BeaqRw