View Full Version : The official wheelchair thread

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 06:14 AM
http://kellymlee.googlepages.com/oscar1.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll283/SBLake_08/ppierce.jpg
http://www.finemess.com/pierce-jersey.jpg

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 06:14 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/74/fullj.568015c6cd43f82ed969d3d8e2303c4d/568015c6cd43f82ed969d3d8e2303c4d-getty-80398142ds020_nba_finals_g2.jpg

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Paul Pierce = 2
Kobe Bryant = 0

Any questions?

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Paul Pierce = 2
Kobe Bryant = 0

Any questions?

Yes actually. I have a question.

How many of those games did the refs hand to Paul Pierce?

Thanks.

honz
06-10-2008, 09:30 AM
This is exactly how Jazz fans felt about Kobe's "bad back" that would make him wince in pain and not let him be able to run freely when he would miss, but got miraculously better when he would make a shot and allow him to get into little crouching/taunting poses.

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 09:32 AM
This is exactly how Jazz fans felt about Kobe's "bad back" that would make him wince in pain and not let him be able to run freely when he would miss, but got miraculously better when he would make a shot and allow him to get into little crouching/taunting poses.

I didn't see Kobe go off in a wheelchair.

I know you call me a Kobe homer, which I may be, but I definitely think he over exaggerated his pinky injury.

Davii
06-10-2008, 09:34 AM
I didn't see Kobe go off in a wheelchair.

I know you call me a Kobe homer, which I may be, but I definitely think he over exaggerated his pinky injury.

I heard that immobilization for pinky injuries is normal in Boston. Lay you up for weeks in a hospital bed with your pinky elevated.

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Yes actually. I have a question.

How many of those games did the refs hand to Paul Pierce?

Thanks.

None.

Play defense.

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 09:55 AM
None.

Play defense.

It's pretty hard to play defense when you get whistled for everything.

I'm not talking game 1, I'm talking game 2. Would you not agree?

The one time the refs let us play without calling the whistle, we pulled the game back to 4.

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 10:01 AM
It's pretty hard to play defense when you get whistled for everything.

I'm not talking game 1, I'm talking game 2. Would you not agree?

The one time the refs let us play without calling the whistle, we pulled the game back to 4.

Dude, seriously, quit whining about the referees. You said you hate doing it, so quit doing it.

L.A. lost, fair and square.

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Dude, seriously, quit whining about the referees. You said you hate doing it, so quit doing it.

L.A. lost, fair and square.

I can't quit doing it because it's the truth. We lost game 1 fair and square, game 2 was decided by the refs.

Once the Celtics lose one, Boston sports fans will be having a far bigger go at the refs.

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I can't quit doing it because it's the truth. We lost game 1 fair and square, game 2 was decided by the refs.

Once the Celtics lose one, Boston sports fans will be having a far bigger go at the refs.

Maybe L.A. shouldn't have let Boston get up by 20...I dunno, just a thought.

I know you're buying into the whole "Phil Jackson said it, so it must be true," but he does this in every big series...it's part of his whole "zen" thing.

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Maybe L.A. shouldn't have let Boston get up by 20...I dunno, just a thought.

I know you're buying into the whole "Phil Jackson said it, so it must be true," but he does this in every big series...it's part of his whole "zen" thing.

I'm sorry, but Leon Powe was getting the superstar treatment. It was like watching Dwayne Wade, Allen Iverson, Lebron James and ok yes Kobe Bryant. It just wasn't fair. When the refs deflate you like that, you cannot help but give up 20 points.

I'm not buying into anything. I was complaining during the game. In fact, I've been wanting PJ to say something since watching the first half of game 2.

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 10:14 AM
A Lakers fan complaining about officiating. :tsk:

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Maybe you should go look at the foul disparity in Game 4 of the Lakers-Nuggets series.

G_Money
06-10-2008, 10:17 AM
I love hearing Laker fans whine about how unfair the refs were.

The Celtics drove to the hoop, got fouled, took their free throws.

The Lakers sat around throwing bricks at the hoop because they were too scared to drive inside on the Big Bad Celtics apparently. If the refs are blowing whistles, go take advantage! Nobody on the Lakers roster played with the aggression of poor Leon Powe.

Celtics rebounded, Lakers didn't.

Celtics ran after rebounds and clanked Laker shots, Lakers didn't get back.

For all the ridiculousness of Pierce getting carried and wheeled around, he still hit his shots and did his job.

If you're gonna be a finesse team in the Finals you'd better score the daylights outta the ball, and the Lakers aren't doing that. Passing to get better looks might also benefit them - since it's a staple of the triangle offense you'd think they'd try it one of these games.

They'll get the whistles in Game 3, but that's partly because the league REALLY doesn't want this to end quickly. The longer that it can be dragged out the better. Add in the more-friendly home-court whistles (which ALWAYS happen) and the Laker squad should be better off.

Unless they still don't drive, still can't defend, still miss tons of jumpers and still play like the Celtics should just hand them the trophy instead of actually trying to earn it.

~G

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 10:22 AM
I love hearing Laker fans whine about how unfair the refs were.

The Celtics drove to the hoop, got fouled, took their free throws.

The Lakers sat around throwing bricks at the hoop because they were too scared to drive inside on the Big Bad Celtics apparently. If the refs are blowing whistles, go take advantage! Nobody on the Lakers roster played with the aggression of poor Leon Powe.

Celtics rebounded, Lakers didn't.

Celtics ran after rebounds and clanked Laker shots, Lakers didn't get back.

For all the ridiculousness of Pierce getting carried and wheeled around, he still hit his shots and did his job.

If you're gonna be a finesse team in the Finals you'd better score the daylights outta the ball, and the Lakers aren't doing that. Passing to get better looks might also benefit them - since it's a staple of the triangle offense you'd think they'd try it one of these games.

They'll get the whistles in Game 3, but that's partly because the league REALLY doesn't want this to end quickly. The longer that it can be dragged out the better. Add in the more-friendly home-court whistles (which ALWAYS happen) and the Laker squad should be better off.

Unless they still don't drive, still can't defend, still miss tons of jumpers and still play like the Celtics should just hand them the trophy instead of actually trying to earn it.

~G

Look.

I'm not debating that the Lakers didn't throw up bad shots instead of being aggresive and taking it inside. The Lakers didn't deserve too many free throws, I agree. However, the Celtics were getting bad calls all over the place. It is legal to touch someone when they are driving to the hoop, I don't know if the officials knew this.

I'm not debating that Game 1 was won fair and square. However, the softness of the calls towards the Celtics in Game 2 CANNOT be ignored, it just can't.

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Maybe you should go look at the foul disparity in Game 4 of the Lakers-Nuggets series.

Game 4?

We had 6 extra free throws.

http://www.nba.com/games/20080428/LALDEN/boxscore.html

Game 2 of the Finals.

The Celtics had 28 more free throws.

http://www.nba.com/games/20080608/LALBOS/boxscore.html

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Damn those referees screwing the Lakers...:laugh:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aRDzJ-VUV2o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aRDzJ-VUV2o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

shank
06-10-2008, 03:00 PM
lol, dribbling is for winners MB.

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Looks like Phil's little temper tantrum worked, eh?

Foul shots:
Lakers: 20
Celtics: 6

Can we stop whining and crying about the refs now?

Meanwhile, Kobe gets a technical for complaining...hmmm...Lakers fans complaining about officiating...what a freakin' joke.

BroncoBJ
06-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Paul Pierce = 2
Kobe Bryant = 0

Any questions?

Kobe Bryant has more NBA Finals Trophys then Pierce has finals wins :lol:

Any questions?

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Donaghy alleging that the 27 free throw attempts in the fourth quarter by the Lakers in the 2002 Game 6 against Sacramento was fixed.

Hmmm...Laker fan...wanna comment on that?

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Kobe Bryant has more NBA Finals Trophys then Pierce has finals wins :lol:

Any questions?

Wookie started the thread, then bitched about the officiating...so, again, Paul Pierce 2, Kobe Bryant 0.

Oh, wait, where's Shaq?

BroncoBJ
06-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Wookie started the thread, then bitched about the officiating...so, again, Paul Pierce 2, Kobe Bryant 0.

Oh, wait, where's Shaq?

Shaq couldn't win it without Kobe or Wade :lol:

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Donaghy alleging that the 27 free throw attempts in the fourth quarter by the Lakers in the 2002 Game 6 against Sacramento was fixed.

Hmmm...Laker fan...wanna comment on that?

No. He implied they extended the series. We got bad calls in game 5. The Queens got HORRIBLE calls in game 6. Game 7 was a legit called game, IMO.

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Damn those referees screwing the Lakers...:laugh:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aRDzJ-VUV2o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aRDzJ-VUV2o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Watch this in high quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUtf6-avo2c

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 09:55 PM
No. He implied they extended the series. We got bad calls in game 5. The Queens got HORRIBLE calls in game 6. Game 7 was a legit called game, IMO.

So, extending the series through the officiating isn't akin to your whining about Game 2?

Got it.

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 10:03 PM
So, extending the series through the officiating isn't akin to your whining about Game 2?

Got it.

Just watch the above video and reply.

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Nothing like watching Paul Pierce get mugged is there?

FTs
Celtics 19
Lakers 30

honz
06-10-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm guessing LA fans won't be complaining about the refs after this game...

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Offensive foul, eh?

Time to shut up, eh wookie?

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 10:55 PM
FTA:
Lakers 34
Celtics 22

Retired_Member_001
06-10-2008, 10:56 PM
No complaints about the refs.

shank
06-11-2008, 12:17 AM
No complaints about the refs.

wonder why:coffee:

Retired_Member_001
06-11-2008, 02:38 AM
wonder why:coffee:

The same reason I thought game 1 was called fairly, BECAUSE IT WAS.

BroncoBJ
06-11-2008, 02:47 AM
More like because the Lakers won :lol:
The Refs never screw up when your team is the one who wins :salute:

Retired_Member_001
06-11-2008, 02:59 AM
More like because the Lakers won :lol:
The Refs never screw up when your team is the one who wins :salute:

No, because it was fair.

I'm pretty much through arguing basketball on this board and you won't see me posting anywhere but the Los Angeles Lakers thread simply posting how I thought things went.

It's like:

Me: The refs called that horrible.

Person here: Cause it's on your lovely Lakers, bohohoho. I thought it was unfair on the Celtics.

Me: Dude, Kevin Garnett took a machine gun out and shot Lamar Odom.

Person here: How do you know?

Me... Cause there are bullet holes in Lamar's head.

Person here: Yeah well the Lakers get all the calls.

Me: No, he Lakers haven't had a call tonight while the Celtics have had 100.

Person here: Yeah well Odom is faking it:

Me: How is he faking it? His funeral is tommorow.

Person here: Yeah well, Kobe's a rapist.

Me: Any girl can claim a man raped her. None of us saw what happened, but I'd prefer to go by evidence. The woman was schizophrenic and had been in a hospital TWICE after forgetting who she was and causing damage to herself. She was also known to be frequently high on drugs. She was also known as a hoar who slept with 30 men in 30 days. She even brang another mans sperm to the court case.

Person here: Kobe's a rapist.

Me: Read the above.

Person here: Kobe's a rapist. Celtics are the best W010111T!

See what it's like for me?

Anyway, I'm off.

honz
06-11-2008, 11:55 AM
:lol: I think all of the games have been called pretty fairly. The Celtics are more aggressive while Kobe and Odom fade away from the basket...the C's get way more FTs. Kobe goes straight to the rim while Boston shoots jumpshots all night long...the Lakers get way more FTs.

Pretty simple if you ask me.