PDA

View Full Version : Freeney froths for crack at rookie offensive tackles, Tebow

T.K.O.
07-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Freeney froths for crack at rookie offensive tackles, Tebow
Posted by Mike Florio on July 3, 2010 8:30 PM ET
Nine offensive tackles were picked in the first four rounds of the 2010 draft. And Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney can't wait to get a crack at them.

"I'm licking my chops," Freeney told Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times. "When you have a rookie offensive tackle, I can't wait. Because for an offensive tackle, you're not good until you're in like your eighth year. You've got to get beat up for a while to learn what to do and what not to. It's when you're about in your fifth through 10th years as an offensive tackle that you're in your prime.

"All these rookies coming out? They don't know anything," Freeney said. "I can't wait."

Freeney also has a soft spot for rookie quarterbacks.

"I couldn't wait to hit Mark Sanchez," Freeney told Farmer. "And I can't wait to hit Tim Tebow even more."

It's still unclear whether Freeney will get a crack at Tebow in 2010. The Colts play the Broncos in Week 3, but it's not likely at this point that Tebow will be the starting quarterback.

SR
07-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Hey sounds like an ignorant douche in that article, especially considering the general consensus around the NFL is that Ryan Clady is one of the best offensive tackles in the game and he's only played two seasons...

broncobryce
07-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah. Eighth year? I'd say he's exaggerating a little
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lonestar
07-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Is this the same guy sone have been saying doom is as good as.

Now he is a douche. Wow the hipocracy.

Shazam!
07-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I am frothing at the thought of watching the Colts finally lose in the Super Bowl. I cant wait until I get to see that happen. Oh wait...

honz
07-03-2010, 10:58 PM

:tsk:

dogfish
07-03-2010, 11:09 PM
tebow is about freeney's size-- dwight might get more than he bargains for. . . .

:elefant:

SoCalImport
07-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Meh...

WARHORSE
07-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Freeney never struck me as someone who simply came to run his mouth.

I think its highly likely he was saying this in jest. No different than hazing rookies in training camp.

This wont translate across a written quote of what he was actually saying though.

The exaggeration on the time it takes a rookie to figure out what hes doing points to that for me...............just my thoughts.

Saluuuurp.
:coffee:

Lonestar
07-04-2010, 12:50 PM
:tsk:

Not sure what that was. But you realize in mobile mode all of the smilies look the same -;)

atwater27
07-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Not sure what that was. But you realize in mobile mode all of the smilies look the same -;)

It was a bad smiley. With good reason.

spikerman
07-04-2010, 02:23 PM

Jr,

The fact that someone may, or may not, be a douche is completely irrelevant to how good of a player he is.

Personally, I agree with the opinion that's already been posted that Freeney was probably joking or that he was playing mind games. I wish we knew if he was smiling when he said it.

Lonestar
07-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Jr,

The fact that someone may, or may not, be a douche is completely irrelevant to how good of a player he is.

Personally, I agree with the opinion that's already been posted that Freeney was probably joking or that he was playing mind games. I wish we knew if he was smiling when he said it.

never said anything that about him being a great player which he is IMHO. I was just trying to say many were comparing him to doom and yet they would appauld this comment.

as for whether it was a joke or not does it matter because it was said and will be locker room fodder either way.

TXBRONC
07-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Jr,

I don't think what Freeney said is going help motivate anyone to play the Colts. If you're going to playing them and you're not already motivated to knock Peyton Manning and his team on their ass then you probably don't belong in the game.

spikerman
07-04-2010, 05:22 PM
never said anything that about him being a great player which he is IMHO. I was just trying to say many were comparing him to doom and yet they would appauld this comment.

as for whether it was a joke or not does it matter because it was said and will be locker room fodder either way.

I think their skill sets are similar. Neither one is very big and they usually try to get to the QB using their speed. I think it's a fair comparison; the major difference being that Freeney has done it for a lot longer. Now that they play two different positions I think Dumervil has the chance to break away from those comparisons.

Jagsbch
07-04-2010, 07:40 PM
I couldn't resist writing an article about his comments. Classic.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/000/984/109/96485346_crop_340x234.jpg?1278286242

"I'm licking my chops," Freeney said. "All these rookies coming out? They don't know anything. I can't wait."

"I couldn't wait to hit Mark Sanchez," he said. "And I can't wait to hit Tim Tebow even more."

In order to keep up with and take advantage of the green horned lads, while trying to break away from allowing the hands of time have their way with him, Freeney who turned 30 this year, has been sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber and using an electric muscle stimulation machine.

As part of his aspiration to keep his nose to the grindstone and maintain his role on the cutting edge of elite status as a defensive end, the veteran has embraced state of the art technology.

Tebow was just entering his freshman year in high school, when Freeney took the NFL by storm his NFL rookie season with 13 sacks.

Freeney, who is 16 years removed from his high school freshman season, had 13.5 sacks last season.

Freeney was a four-sport letterman, baseball, basketball, football, and soccer, Freeney currently holds his high school sack record. Bloomfield High School retired his No. 44 Jersey.

At Syracuse, Freeney clocked a 4.42 40; he recorded a sack in 17 consecutive games.

Freeney has a lot of miles on the odometer...

The rest of the article is at this link. Enjoy... (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/415529-dwight-freeney-i-cant-wait-to-hit-tim-tebow)

GEM
07-04-2010, 11:49 PM

And the difference.....

Doom doesn't need to go out in the news talking about it...he gets it done on the field.

GEM
07-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Get through the either Ryan Clady or Ryan Harris first....then try to get your hands on Tebow. Good luck.

GGMoogly
07-05-2010, 12:01 AM
I've got a cool George Washington that says the first time Tebow plays against the Colts, Freeney will be quoted saying how strong/powerful Tebow is...

weazel
07-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Hey sounds like an ignorant douche in that article, especially considering the general consensus around the NFL is that Ryan Clady is one of the best offensive tackles in the game and he's only played two seasons...

I was thinking the same thing as I read it...

Lonestar
07-05-2010, 12:39 PM
And the difference.....

Doom doesn't need to go out in the news talking about it...he gets it done on the field.

And when doom exceeds his numbers he can chat about it till then, he is wise to keep his mouth shut.

spikerman
07-05-2010, 12:55 PM
And when doom exceeds his numbers he can chat about it till then, he is wise to keep his mouth shut.

I think last year gives him room to talk if he wants. He doesn't seem like the trash talking type to me, but I only know him as a public person so I could be wrong. I still think that Freeney was probably joking.

T.K.O.
07-05-2010, 01:17 PM
we should all be thanking freeney....as comments like these only serve to inspire Tebow to crush his opponents with that much more ferocity !:beer:

TXBRONC
07-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I think last year gives him room to talk if he wants. He doesn't seem like the trash talking type to me, but I only know him as a public person so I could be wrong. I still think that Freeney was probably joking.

Agreed Dumervil hasn't been a smack talker as far as I know. However, if he wanted to he has room to talk.

T.K.O.
07-05-2010, 03:41 PM
"Freeney froths for crack "
i think this pretty much says it all !:laugh: