PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft Comments

cutlery
06-09-2008, 07:26 PM
comments on my first mock draft so i can guage my strategy . had first pick in 12-team. least i got 2 broncos here heh:

RB L.Tomlinson SD
RB J.Lewis CLE
WR B.Edwards CLE
RB M.Forte(R) CHI
WR L.Evans BUF
WR C.Chambers SD
QB J.Cutler DEN
TE B.Watson NE
WR D.Mason BAL
QB D.Garrard JAX
DEF Vikings MIN
TE T.Scheffler DEN
K M. Nugent NYJ
RB J. Hester SD

underrated29
06-09-2008, 07:54 PM
1. depends how the league scores.

2. Where did you mock at?

3. Thats a good looking team. I would say that lewis might be a bit of a reach, well actually in a 12 team league thats perfect. I am surprised that edwards fell to the 3rd, excellent value there! But i will say forte in the 4th (even though he is starting now) might be a little high.

Otherwise its pretty good. I dont know what your strategy is, but it is different from mine. Not saying that is right or wrong, but a good looking lineup nonetheless.

MOtorboat
06-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Not enough running backs. :coffee:

Probably should have gone RB instead of Mason or Scheffler...jmho.

cutlery
06-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks. Draft was at mockdraftcentral.com

I probably should have gotten another RB in place of 2nd TE as MissouriBronc mentioned below but it would have been the likes of a RB2 in an RBBC like Norwood or maybe even CHicagos Peterson. I got Lewis over the likes of the Bengals RB C.Henry in the end of round 2.

I was lucky with Edwards having 12th pick round 2 then 1st pick round 3. He was 2nd ranked WR after Moss.

Just hoping Cutler as main QB could payoff else Garrard was prettygood to have in case i think.

dogfish
06-09-2008, 11:23 PM
solid. . . cutler is a pretty average starting fantasy QB, but he has huge potential, and should be good enough to win with if the rest of the lineup is productive. . . MO's right, you should definitely have a 4th RB, even it's somebody who doesn't look like much to start with-- they go down quick, and it's probably easier to find an adequate WR on the waiver wire than a RB, even if you're only getting a one- or two-week play. . . guys like earnest graham and ryan grant weren't even on the fantasy radar at the beginning of last year, but became valuable players down the stretch. . . IMO, you're always better off stocking up on RBs than any other position. . . .

edit: my bad, you actually did take a 4th RB-- i saw hester and thought it was devin hester. . . :laugh:

handcuffing with your last back is always a good idea. . . .

omac
06-11-2008, 08:25 PM
comments on my first mock draft so i can guage my strategy . had first pick in 12-team. least i got 2 broncos here heh:

RB L.Tomlinson SD
RB J.Lewis CLE
WR B.Edwards CLE
RB M.Forte(R) CHI
WR L.Evans BUF
WR C.Chambers SD
QB J.Cutler DEN
TE B.Watson NE
WR D.Mason BAL
QB D.Garrard JAX
DEF Vikings MIN
TE T.Scheffler DEN
K M. Nugent NYJ
RB J. Hester SD

That's actually a very, very solid team. I like all the picks. Top notch talent at the first two RB and WR spots, very solid TE in Watson and high upside in Scheffler, great Vikings defense. I also like the Matt Forte pick; with what we've seen with the other Adrian Peterson and Garrett Wolfe, he's got a definite chance to win the starting job, if only because the other two haven't shown anything special.

MOtorboat
06-11-2008, 09:06 PM
That's actually a very, very solid team. I like all the picks. Top notch talent at the first two RB and WR spots, very solid TE in Watson and high upside in Scheffler, great Vikings defense. I also like the Matt Forte pick; with what we've seen with the other Adrian Peterson and Garrett Wolfe, he's got a definite chance to win the starting job, if only because the other two haven't shown anything special.

Forte just got a WHOLE LOT better.