PDA

View Full Version : Which Player Gives The Denver Broncos Best Value From The 2010 Draft?

Jagsbch
07-01-2010, 03:21 PM
As you can imagine Gators fans are ecstatic about Tim Tebow landing on a team whose colors are orange and Blue.

And as you can imagine the Broncos now doubt got a steal for Tebow at the 25th selection according to Gators fans.

But some Broncos fans are skeptical.

Is Tebow worth one half of Brandon Marshall, and one third of Jay Cutler and someone from everyone selected just after former Gators Aaron Hernandez was taken with the 113th selection in the 2010 NFL Draft?

Who knew the value of the 25th selection in the 2010 draft?

Then you have Georgia Techs WR Demaryius Thomas being picked 3 selections prior at the 22nd selection, to consider.

The Broncos had to give up a fourth round selection in order to move up there. The player picked in the selection given, was none other than Gators Aaron Hernandez himself.

Intereestingly enough Florida Gator Percy Harvin, the Offensive Rookie of the Year was picked at the 22nd selection in the 2009 NFL Draft.

It's never an easy task to try and determine how successful your draft class is, let alone which player possess the most value at the position he was drafted, but it has never stopped us before.

This is a much harder question actually, than trying to determine what are the top ten questions that the Denver Broncos face heading into training camp. Especially with all the issues the former rookie head coach is dealing with in his attempt to bring this team up to elite speed in this league.

So who is the man, in this slide show we will attempt to answer that as I am looking forward to the discussion this ought to arouse.

12 page article has a break down on picks as well as all 20 selections Broncos had at one point or another during the draft~!! (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/414241-which-player-can-the-best-value-be-found-in-the-broncos-2010-draft)

Northman
07-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I admit, im still skeptical until he takes the field and proves his worth.

claymore
07-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Ive had my heart broken to many times. So I agree with North.

Lonestar
07-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I think it will be hard to tell after OTAs.

I think this could be the best draft class ever.

TWO potential Starting WR's, OLINE guys a starting CB and of course Tebow may be the biggest steal. Might be others in there but thos are the 6 that stick out for me.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

SoCalImport
07-01-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm perfectly willing to wait till they've played a few games (Thomas and Tebow) to make any decisions. I just hope it doesn't take that long for them to produce. btw I'm talking about "a few games" into the 2011 season.

Lonestar
07-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Typically WR's seldom have stellar first year the only one that I can ever recall was Eddie.

Most are in the 30-40 catch range. And get better year 2 and really blossom year 3+

As for Tebow. It may be 3 years before we know how he is going to do.

Dirk
07-01-2010, 04:07 PM
BTW...welcome Jagsbch!

dogfish
07-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Which Player Gives The Denver Broncos Best Value From The 2010 Draft?

that's an easy question-- it's JD walton. . . .

Lonestar
07-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Dog you may have hit this one out of the park for year one. Beadles may also be a home run.

Long term along with Clady and Kuper this uograde may have the best investment we have made since they traded for zimmerman.

Ravage!!!
07-01-2010, 04:53 PM
As of right now, Walton is the only draft choice I'm excited about, and the one I truly expect to make the biggest impact..... both early and long-term.

T.K.O.
07-01-2010, 05:07 PM
or this guy.......;)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/esuxZfvwyk0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/esuxZfvwyk0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

since we are talking best value,not best player....i think he was a steal:salute:

arapaho2
07-01-2010, 05:40 PM
or this guy.......;)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/esuxZfvwyk0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/esuxZfvwyk0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

since we are talking best value,not best player....i think he was a steal:salute:

no he may be a great value from a special teams standpoint....but jd as a 2nd round pick will start every game for the broncos his full contract , barrring injury

a player who will start every game from day one has more value than a occassional return man..no matter where they were drafted at

dogfish
07-01-2010, 05:59 PM
no he may be a great value from a special teams standpoint....but jd as a 2nd round pick will start every game for the broncos his full contract , barrring injury

3rd. . . ;)

TXBRONC
07-01-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm perfectly willing to wait till they've played a few games (Thomas and Tebow) to make any decisions. I just hope it doesn't take that long for them to produce. btw I'm talking about "a few games" into the 2011 season.

So you're saying you would like to see them producing in about 18 regular season games? (Just curious)

Jagsbch
07-01-2010, 06:37 PM
BTW...welcome Jagsbch!

Thank you.

If you all don't mind, I'd like to pull out my hammock and stay awhile.

BTW, I wrote the Article.

Here is how I have the players ranked in regards to value.

Of course all ranking are subject to the relativity of the individuals position in regards to their grasp of the nuances of the game; so no one is right or wrong, at this point, a ranking of this sort is a personal thing, especially considering all the players have had is a mini camp to prove their worth lol.

Well here goes, I hope this limb is strong enough...

Any time you draft the greatest player in the history of the college game at 25, well this is a no brainer for me, despite all the rhetoric from the so-called experts stating otherwise. The results speak for themselves.

† Tim Tebow #1 best value hands down~!!

Anytime you a players head coach saying this about his player, "I think he's the best wide receiver in college football, period," and you can draft a WR who has only 3 drops accounted to him in his entire college career, just 9 picks from the 4th round, well that has to be the definition of the word value in the dictionary, right after snagging Tebow at Selection No. 25 in the draft.

If your in the Broncos war room, you are doing back flips and lighting cigars, especialy when you consider just how much of a dire need WR was, and I do stress dire coming into the draft considering the fans uproar over Brandon Marshall given the proverbial boot. No doubt #2 value has to go to the 87th pick in the draft

† Eric Dexter

J.D. Walton IMO was the best center in college. If Eric heard me say that he would probably want to kick my ass for propagating rumors considering his head coach considers him the heart and soul of his offensive line. Considering games are won and lost in the trenches, I will have to go with both of these guys for my 3rd and 4th selection of the Broncos best valued players in the 2010 draft.

†J.D. Walton
† Eric Olsen

Face it this is a pass happy league, and the reason for it is, well look no further than here goes my plug for another article I wrote entitled Why The Passing Offense Is King in the Modern Era of the NFL!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/412144-why-the-passing-offense-is-king-in-the-modern-era-of-the-nfl

The left guard position, considering the 3-4 defenses half the league implements these day's is probably the most vital position in the game next to the DE and QB.

The 3rd most vital position for years has been the left tackle position, but now the best DE's on half of the teams in the league is lined up across from the Left guard rather than the left tackle for most of the game as the blitzing line backers in the 3-4 will typically emerge to take on the LT.

Having said that I will have to go with the rookie looking to start at left guard as mu choice for 5th best value in the Broncos draft. I feel so stupid for allowing him to slip this far given how vital of a role he actually plays in the passing as well as the running game.

† Zane Beadles

Now this brings me to my next selection for the whose who in this draft value wise. Anytime you can draft a WR who had a 25 yard per reception average in his senior season, well that pretty much speaks for itself, especially given the dire need at the position.

† Demaryius Thomas

Kirlew's 19.5 tackles for loss is the most by a Hoosier since current Chicago Bear Adewale Ogunleye's 21.0 in 1997. This LB may be lining up against LT's in the league while in McDaniels 3-4 defense.

Ranking second in the schools all-time tackles for loss list with 52 1/2, and third on the school&rsquo;s all-time sacks list with 23 sacks has me thinking this guy was an absolute steal, well worth giving up next seasons 5th round pick to get back into the 7th round to take what was clearly a player McDaniels was targeting in the draft.

Having said this my No. 7 pick for best valued player in the draft happens to be...

† Jammie Kirlew

"If you were to ask me the most important players on our team, I'd say Kevin Riley, Jahvid Best, Alex Mack, and Syd'Quan Thompson," said middle LB Worrell Williams. "Syd is the only guy I listed on defense, so what's that tell you?

"He's going to shut down one side of the field when he's out there."

Enough said...

† Syd'quan Thompson

† Perrish Cox was the reason I even decided to write this article.

arapaho2
07-01-2010, 08:19 PM
B
3rd. . . ;)
Even better value then

HORSEPOWER 56
07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Right now I'd have to believe either Walton (3rd rounder) or Cox (5th rounder) if either turns out like they're projected, they're a steal. If Cox works out, he probably becomes Champs replacement.

I expect 1st round picks like Tebow and Thomas to work out. If they don't, they're "busts". If a 3rd rounder or 5th rounder doesn't work out or becomes nothing more than a STer, that's pretty standard in the NFL.

jhildebrand
07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Right now it is Walton.

However, Cox has the potential to be the greatest value. The guy ends up on Revis' level and he wins hands down. Here's to that happening :beer:

TXBRONC
07-01-2010, 09:05 PM
I agree with all the others that Walton is the best value at this point. However, I would also put Beadles in there as well. He could very well end up starting at left guard.

Lonestar
07-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Right now it is Walton.

However, Cox has the potential to be the greatest value. The guy ends up on Revis' level and he wins hands down. Here's to that happening :beer:

If he becomes a Revis Champ type player then that lowers the price of keeping Champ. Just maybe Champ will give the home towna disciunt cause he is not worth 8+ mil a year. In a NE style defense. Non oif the CB's that were elite stayed when they could get bigger contract elsewhere.

TXBRONC
07-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Yep Denver should always try to low ball good players especially ones that are consummate team players. And of course if they don't give a home town discount obviously they're a cancer and selfish.

GGMoogly
07-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Ive had my heart broken to many times. So I agree with North.

Cowards, both of you! What good is living in a trailer park unless you can get a king-sized tornado coming through every now and then! Tebow love is BOUND to be messy!:D

"When you fall in love with someone, you love everything about them, even their faults. You say, “He is so lovely. My God, you should see him eat, he eats like a pig – I love it.” - Sophia Loren

Jagsbch
07-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Right now I'd have to believe either Walton (3rd rounder) or Cox (5th rounder) if either turns out like they're projected, they're a steal. If Cox works out, he probably becomes Champs replacement.

I expect 1st round picks like Tebow and Thomas to work out. If they don't, they're "busts". If a 3rd rounder or 5th rounder doesn't work out or becomes nothing more than a STer, that's pretty standard in the NFL.

Cox is struggling in camp to even land the return gig at the moment.

I have a problem listing a cornerback who likely won't make a significant impact in the starting line up this season, (on a secondary that ranked 3rd last season) the best value considering the dire needs that were met with the players picked earlier in the draft.

Players who look to come in and start right off the bat, while possessing pivatol roles in their respective positions.

To put Cox and Champ who is arguable the best CB this decade... well you get the picture...:confused:

Link of a top 15 list of CB's this decade (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/412702-the-top-15-cornerbacks-in-the-nfl-2000-2009#page/16)

SoCalImport
07-02-2010, 07:04 AM
So you're saying you would like to see them producing in about 18 regular season games? (Just curious)

I'm willing to be patient and wait that long before I expect to see some real return on the picks. Yes.
As stated by others it could easily be longer. I'm pretty sure that we're all (obviously) hopeful that it will happen sooner, rather than later.

If either of them come into their own in 2010 that would be awesome!

claymore
07-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Cowards, both of you! What good is living in a trailer park unless you can get a king-sized tornado coming through every now and then! Tebow love is BOUND to be messy!:D

"When you fall in love with someone, you love everything about them, even their faults. You say, “He is so lovely. My God, you should see him eat, he eats like a pig – I love it.” - Sophia Loren

McD needs to shit an offense if he wants to stay. If he doesnt than none of these guys will be here in 3 or 4 years anyway. The great ones (if any) will rise to the top. When they do I will love them.

broncofaninfla
07-02-2010, 08:31 AM
IMO it's just too early to judge this years draft based on how slow last years picks developed. Last years draft picks were very slow to develop, in fact, for the most part, they are still developing or at least I hope they are or we are looking at two potential busts in Moreno and Ayers. I do have high hopes for this years draft picks and my initial thoughts are we got good value for the mid round picks. I think Tebow has a huge upside but right now I'm happy we got him because I am now finally seeing Broncos jerseys in Panama City Beach Florida. There weren't many Broncos fans pre-Tebow.

TXBRONC
07-02-2010, 10:50 AM
IMO it's just too early to judge this years draft based on how slow last years picks developed. Last years draft picks were very slow to develop, in fact, for the most part, they are still developing or at least I hope they are or we are looking at two potential busts in Moreno and Ayers. I do have high hopes for this years draft picks and my initial thoughts are we got good value for the mid round picks. I think Tebow has a huge upside but right now I'm happy we got him because I am now finally seeing Broncos jerseys in Panama City Beach Florida. There weren't many Broncos fans pre-Tebow.

As far as which rookie or rookies could possibly make impact Walton and Beadles imho. So in that sense they would be the best value given when they were taken in the draft. That's not an absolute but I of this year's rookie class those two are most likely to make impact.

rationalfan
07-02-2010, 10:57 AM
"If your in the Broncos war room, you are doing back flips and lighting cigars, especialy when you consider just how much of a dire need WR was, and I do stress dire coming into the draft considering the fans uproar over Brandon Marshall given the proverbial boot. No doubt #2 value has to go to the 87th pick in the draft."

don't give the fans too much credit for draft choices. in a team's draft room fan's opinions carry as much weight as mel kiper's opinions.

Northman
07-02-2010, 11:27 AM
"If your in the Broncos war room, you are doing back flips and lighting cigars, especialy when you consider just how much of a dire need WR was, and I do stress dire coming into the draft considering the fans uproar over Brandon Marshall given the proverbial boot. No doubt #2 value has to go to the 87th pick in the draft."

don't give the fans too much credit for draft choices. in a team's draft room fan's opinions carry as much weight as mel kiper's opinions.

Very true. Yours, mine, and the rest on this board means nothing and its just a wait and see right now to see if they are worth anything at all.

SOCALORADO.
07-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Tim Tebow has never filled up on chips.

Ravage!!!
07-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Don't think for a moment that the fans/press don't impact coaches decisions, however.

Jagsbch
07-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Don't think for a moment that the fans/press don't impact coaches decisions, however.

I have seen coaches use the press to influence fans funnyt how it all works...:elefant:

slim
07-02-2010, 12:43 PM

:laugh:

TXBRONC
07-02-2010, 03:50 PM

Fan base uproar over the trading of Marshall had nothing to do with drafting either two receivers this year. It's a hole that had to be filled. Fans wont get credit for any draft pick that succeeds nor will they be blamed if they don't.

Lonestar
07-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Even with bm on the roster this next year as future UFA does anyone really think that either or both of these kids would not have been drafted.

If you look at the SAN model with not having a reciever under the 6-3 on the roster, and how good that helped Rivers develop.
Having two model citizens on the roster would have made or broke BM into becoming something less of a diva.

If you look at the N model that Josh comes from they almost always have a player on the shelf developing and then rady to go when the "diva" in lots of players kicks in.
So when they leave or get their ass traded they are not missed all that much.

jhildebrand
07-02-2010, 06:20 PM
I forgot Adalius Thomas, Randy Moss and Wes Welker were on the shelf in New England.