PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Dukes the Broncos Hater

WARHORSE
06-29-2010, 12:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d818e1b06/The-Tebow-question

Jamie Duke astounds the mind when it comes to ego. He just thinks hes so much smarter than everyone else.

Here he is hating on the Broncos again, just because they dont do what he thinks they should be doing.

Not that I care for Baldinger all that much either, but if Dukes doesnt think that theres a possbility the Broncos would look to get Tebow on the field in short yardage situations, hes pretty darn dumb.

Jamie Dukes: Dummy.:coffee:

GEM
06-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Can the Broncos really get him on the field in short yardage?

If you have Kyle dressed, Brady dressed, can you have the 3rd string go in? I thought there was a rule that if you have your starter start and then have the 3rd string take any snaps, it takes Brady out of the equation even if Kyle gets hurt at some point in the game?

Fan in Exile
06-29-2010, 12:59 PM

If you have Kyle dressed, Brady dressed, can you have the 3rd string go in? I thought there was a rule that if you have your starter start and then have the 3rd string take any snaps, it takes Brady out of the equation even if Kyle gets hurt at some point in the game?

The rule states that if you have your 3rd QB as the 46th man on the roster then if he comes in before the 4th quarter neither of the other two QB's can come back in. However, if you don't use the 3rd QB exemption to get around the 45 man active roster for game days he can come in at any time.

Or you can do what the Iggles did last year with Mcnabb, Kolb and Vick. List Tebow as the number two guy so he can be in whenever he's needed then have Quinn as the number three guy in case of injury.

Northman
06-29-2010, 01:01 PM
As with any commentator or journalist some days your loved, others not so much.

WARHORSE
06-29-2010, 01:27 PM

The third string QB is an emergency QB. If he plays in the first three quarters, the first two may not re-enter the game. So if Denver showed Orton and Quinn as active roster QBs on gameday and Tebow is listed as the 46th man, ie the emergency third stringer, and they stick Tebow in the game in the first three quarters, then neither Orton nor Quinn can go back under center at any time for the rest of the game. This is not true for the fourth quarter. In that quarter, they could play Tebow then replay either of the other two.

Lets say after training camp they list the depth chart at Orton, Quinn and then Tebow.
If Josh and company think Tebow offers a better short yardage package on goaline plays, and think it wise to use him on gameday (which will be determined in preseason and trainingcamp), then they can list Tebow as number two, and he can go in and out any time he wants, with Quinn listed at number three.

Should Orton then get hurt in the first three quarters, the Broncos would have a choice...play Tebow the rest of the game with Quinn at backup, or put Quinn in the game, in which case Tebow would not be allowed to re-enter the game. If they leave Tebow in, come the fourth quarter they would then be able to insert either at will.

GEM
06-29-2010, 01:34 PM
The rule states that if you have your 3rd QB as the 46th man on the roster then if he comes in before the 4th quarter neither of the other two QB's can come back in. However, if you don't use the 3rd QB exemption to get around the 45 man active roster for game days he can come in at any time.

Or you can do what the Iggles did last year with Mcnabb, Kolb and Vick. List Tebow as the number two guy so he can be in whenever he's needed then have Quinn as the number three guy in case of injury.

Fantastic explanation, thank you! :D

slim
06-29-2010, 01:38 PM

Jamie is an idiot every day of the week.

Northman
06-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Jamie is an idiot every day of the week.

True. However, ive seen some on here who think he is a genius so my point stands.

SR
06-29-2010, 01:48 PM
I saw that on NFLN yesterday. He's a ******* moron.

Lonestar
06-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Just watched the program.

He does not follow us enough to make an informed decision and said as much that he did not KNOW.

Now most of the time he shows DEN NO love but yesterday he was non comittal.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoWave
06-29-2010, 02:26 PM
True. However, ive seen some on here who think he is a genius so my point stands.

That's a load of shit. I have never seen a single person on this board say that Jamie Dukes is a genius. Every single post I have ever read about him basically agrees that he is a moron. I'd love to see these posts that refer to him as a genius.

cuzz4169
06-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Tim Tebow will have 7-10 total tds this year.

Northman
06-29-2010, 03:12 PM
That's a load of shit. I have never seen a single person on this board say that Jamie Dukes is a genius. Every single post I have ever read about him basically agrees that he is a moron. I'd love to see these posts that refer to him as a genius.

Do some research, look them up. Im not doing the work for you. :lol:

Bosco
06-29-2010, 03:45 PM

:beer:

BroncoWave
06-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Do some research, look them up. Im not doing the work for you. :lol:

I did a forum search for "dukes and genius" and the only thread that included those 2 words was that very long "bombshell from jamie dukes" thread and out of 238 posts, every single post mentioning him called him either an idiot, douche, or asshat. The only post in that thread that had the word "genius" was not mentioning Dukes.

Like I said, to say anyone on this forum has ever called Dukes a genius is a complete load of shit.

Northman
06-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I did a forum search for "dukes and genius" and the only thread that included those 2 words was that very long "bombshell from jamie dukes" thread and out of 238 posts, every single post mentioning him called him either an idiot, douche, or asshat. The only post in that thread that had the word "genius" was not mentioning Dukes.

Like I said, to say anyone on this forum has ever called Dukes a genius is a complete load of shit.

Oh, i see. So your actually hung up on the word "Genius" to which i was using it sarcastically. Ok, you got me. No one actually called him a genius. My overall point was that people will agree or disagree with any journalist if it fits their agenda. I cant believe you got all up in arms about my wording. Incredible. :lol:

BroncoWave
06-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Oh, i see. So your actually hung up on the word "Genius" to which i was using it sarcastically. Ok, you got me. No one actually called him a genius. My overall point was that people will agree or disagree with any journalist if it fits their agenda. I cant believe you got all up in arms about my wording. Incredible. :lol:

Most times you would be right, but you are flat out wrong about Jamie Dukes. He has never been called anything but an idiot on this board.

I went through some more threads with Dukes as the topic and they were all unanimous that he's an idiot as well.

Even Overtime, who is one of the biggest haters on this board, called Dukes an idiot in a thread about Dukes bashing the Broncos. That should tell you all you need to know.

Northman
06-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Most times you would be right, but you are flat out wrong about Jamie Dukes. He has never been called anything but an idiot on this board.

I went through some more threads with Dukes as the topic and they were all unanimous that he's an idiot as well.

Even Overtime, who is one of the biggest haters on this board, called Dukes an idiot in a thread about Dukes bashing the Broncos. That should tell you all you need to know.

Ive already known Dukes to be an idiot that isnt up for debate. But i have seen plenty of people on here agree with him on certain topics which again if it fits their current agenda they will happily go along with it just like they would with Kizla and Paige.

topscribe
06-29-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm not a fan of Dukes' by any stretch. But I really didn't see anything wrong
with what he said. In fact, I generally agree with it.

If a QB gets you down inside the 20, you stay with that QB unless and until he
shows he can't do it. But that is more dependent on the running game than it is
on the QB. The running game is far more dangerous down there because the
offense has less yards to go for the TD. If the team can run down there, the
team can pass.

The same goes for short yardage anywhere on the field. If they have less than
two yards to go, they ought to be able to point to the defense where they are
going and still make it. Okay, that might be a bit superfluous, but it's not far
from the truth.

Tebow also doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for the Wild Horses, either. So
they send him in, and the defense says, "Why is Tebow suddenly coming in?"
Same thing if they send Tebow in and Orton stays. Then they ask, "Why two
QBs?"

It wouldn't take the defense long to figure that out. And that lineup is just not
as effective as it was the year Miami introduced it. It's going the way of all the
other gimmick plays, and we saw that last year.

Unless and until Tebow can run the offense - period - I don't see him in there,
first round or not. Orton plays unless and until something happens, such as his
getting hurt. If and when that happens, Quinn will go in.

Tebow is 3rd string this year, and it will remain that way, IMO. He is talented,
yes, but he is raw. Very raw.

-----

BroncoWave
06-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Ive already known Dukes to be an idiot that isnt up for debate. But i have seen plenty of people on here agree with him on certain topics which again if it fits their current agenda they will happily go along with it just like they would with Kizla and Paige.

I honestly couldn't find any of these posts to which you refer. Like I said, there were several posts from people who are noted McD haters that still called Dukes an idiot in a thread in which Dukes bashed McDaniels. That really tells me all I need to know.

As you see in Top's post above, even though he agrees with Duke in this case, he still prefaces it with saying that he's not a fan of Dukes.

Also, the "dukes drops a bombshell" thread is a perfect example to use because it's really not negative against the Broncos at all yet the tone about him in that thread is still 100% negative. You're just not right about this one.

Northman
06-29-2010, 04:47 PM
As you see in Top's post above, even though he agrees with Duke in this case, he still prefaces it with saying that he's not a fan of Dukes.

But thats the whole point of my post to begin with dude. I could care less about who thinks he is an idiot or not. My point was that depending on the issue people will agree with even the most moronic people. So Top is clearly doing what i said people will do. How do you not understand that?

BroncoWave
06-29-2010, 04:50 PM
But thats the whole point of my post to begin with dude. I could care less about who thinks he is an idiot or not. My point was that depending on the issue people will agree with even the most moronic people. So Top is clearly doing what i said people will do. How do you not understand that?

No, you said that people will call a reporter a genius if they agreed with his opinion then I quickly disproved that and you backed off of that.

Your first 2 posts in this thread are arguing something completely different than you are arguing in the post I just quoted.

BroncoWave
06-29-2010, 04:55 PM

DUH! Of course if someone says something someone agrees with, they will agree with that person regardless if they think he is an idiot. But simply agreeing with a single statement is far from...

"Loving" that journalist

or thinking that journalist is a "genius".

I mean come on man.

Northman
06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
No, you said that people will call a reporter a genius if they agreed with his opinion then I quickly disproved that and you backed off of that.

Your first 2 posts in this thread are arguing something completely different than you are arguing in the post I just quoted.

Hombre, you know i love you but this is my very first post.

Nothing has changed except that i stated some people will think Dukes is a "genius" (note sarcasm as i dont like Dukes at all) or they will agree with his takes even if he doenst know what he is talking about. For whatever reason you got hung up on the "genius" portion which really is tedious in my opinion because it was just wording which i already admitted wasnt the point of my posts to begin with. So, if we already cleared the air about that part of it why can you not move on to what i was really talking about?

Northman
06-29-2010, 04:58 PM
DUH! Of course if someone says something someone agrees with, they will agree with that person regardless if they think he is an idiot. But simply agreeing with a single statement is far from...

"Loving" that journalist

or thinking that journalist is a "genius".

I mean come on man.

Seriously brother, you got WAY to hung up on that wording. :lol:

BroncoWave
06-29-2010, 05:03 PM
So basically you are saying if Duke says somethings that mirrors a poster's opinoin, even if they think he is an idiot, they will agree with him. No ****ing shit!

My point is just because they may agree with him on a certain topic doesn't mean that they will cite him as a credible or smart person, or that they will change their opinion of him in any way.

As you can see, even when someone agrees with what he says, they still preface it by saying that they still think he's an idiot for the most part.

Northman
06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
So basically you are saying if someone agrees with what Dukes says, even if they think he is an idiot, they will agree with him. No ****ing shit!

My point is just because they may agree with him on a certain topic doesn't mean that they will cite him as a credible or smart person, or that they will change their opinion of him in any way.

As you can see, even when someone agrees with what he says, they still preface it by saying that they still think he's an idiot for the most part.

Neither of which makes a difference. Point is, they will agree if it fits their agenda which was my initial point. Why it is you got so crazy about that particular wording when really no one else gave a shit is baffling. But, now that i have explained it too you. Back on topic.

BroncoWave
06-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Neither of which makes a difference. Point is, they will agree if it fits their agenda which was my initial point. Why it is you got so crazy about that particular wording when really no one else gave a shit is baffling. But, now that i have explained it too you. Back on topic.

Duh?

That's not at all what you said at first though.

Northman
06-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Duh?

That's not at all what you said at first though.

Post #4

BroncoWave
06-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Post #4

Who has shown him any "love" in this thread? Agreeing with someone is quite different than giving them "love" or any other positive feelings toward him. It's simply agreeing with one isolated opinion.

Northman
06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Who has shown him any "love" in this thread? Agreeing with someone is quite different than giving them "love" or any other positive feelings toward him. It's simply agreeing with one isolated opinion.

:lol:

Dude, it was a general statement. It had to do with journalist in general. :lol::lol::lol:

T.K.O.
06-29-2010, 07:52 PM
i actually thought the segment was funny:laugh:
Dukes just started yelling "i don't know....i don't know how you use tebow"
and everyone tried to get him to give a reason for his outburst.then they all just went blank....and moved on.
i think dukes should just admit he does'nt know what is going on every day:laugh::beer:

underrated29
06-29-2010, 10:00 PM
anyone catch dukey on total access tonight. he did it again, only this time he answered...Baldy and warren were in agreement. Duke just looks like an idiot when it comes to the broncos....

They were talking about QBs on the hot seat, kyle orton...then tebow came up and dukes went to town about joshs ego...

gobroncsnv
06-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Dukes is the most worthless announcer on NFL Networks, and is the REAL reason that many cable companies refuse to carry it.

broncobryce
06-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Pukes is a fool, even baldy and sapp think so. We should all twitter the hell out of him.

EastCoastBronco
06-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Dukes is an ass with zero cred.
He's just there to fill up air time.

Lonestar
06-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Most of the time analyts/reporters outside of a couple local reporters flat show the broncos little love.
Translated they for the most part are not knowledgeable of the subject.

Or have an agenda.

Why they are in the national news areas is beyond all logical thought processes.

Dukes to the best of my knowledge has never had a positive comment about DEN. Mostly a bias, for whatever reason or flat ignorance of our team.

There are several others bill burger, woody, kiz come to mind.rarely do they have a coherent comment about the Broncs. But when they do it is not just that we love them for getting it correct for a change it is because they were correct and North was wrong as usuall.

To say as a blanket statement that it is wrong to praise them after saying I normaly do not agree with this moke but this is spot on. Is just that wrong, merely qualifying that this one time they are correct.

Nothing different than the nay sayers always agreeing with them when it fits their agenda and pitching a bitch when it disagreed with their agenda.

Mike
06-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Dukes is a tool. Who cares what the guy thinks about the Broncos or any other thing?

GEM
06-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Most of the time analyts/reporters outside of a couple local reporters flat show the broncos little love.
Translated they for the most part are not knowledgeable of the subject.

Or have an agenda.

Why they are in the national news areas is beyond all logical thought processes.

Dukes to the best of my knowledge has never had a positive comment about DEN. Mostly a bias, for whatever reason or flat ignorance of our team.

There are several others bill burger, woody, kiz come to mind.rarely do they have a coherent comment about the Broncs. But when they do it is not just that we love them for getting it correct for a change it is because they were correct and North was wrong as usuall.

To say as a blanket statement that it is wrong to praise them after saying I normaly do not agree with this moke but this is spot on. Is just that wrong, merely qualifying that this one time they are correct.

Nothing different than the nay sayers always agreeing with them when it fits their agenda and pitching a bitch when it disagreed with their agenda.

:laugh: Remind you of yourself, JR? You do the exact same thing. Calling out others while doing a behavior yourself is often called hypocrisy.

T.K.O.
06-30-2010, 09:17 AM
let's keep the hate focused on dukes....he's the one talkin' shyt about the broncos !;)

Lonestar
06-30-2010, 09:37 AM
:laugh: Remind you of yourself, JR? You do the exact same thing. Calling out others while doing a behavior yourself is often called hypocrisy.

Seems like I've hit a raw nerve.

When I call out memembers for thinking a report that is negative it is bad.

But when they do it alls well.

Yes that makes sense. I guess What is good for the gander is not OK for the GEESE.

SmilinAssasSin27
06-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Dukes is a flaming racist. Orton and Tebow are terrible. Kolb isn't the answer....But Vick and Freeman are the real deal??? Ummm....dude is way to racially transparent to be on TV.

TXBRONC
06-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Dukes is a tool. Who cares what the guy thinks about the Broncos or any other thing?

I was just going to say basically the same thing.

Dukes is a flaming racist. Orton and Tebow are terrible. Kolb isn't the answer....But Vick and Freeman are the real deal??? Ummm....dude is way to racially transparent to be on TV.

I don't know if he's racist, but I think his talent evaluating skills suck wind.

arapaho2
06-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Dukes is the most worthless announcer on NFL Networks, and is the REAL reason that many cable companies refuse to carry it.

really?....here i thought it was because direct TV had the exclusive contract:coffee:

T.K.O.
06-30-2010, 12:51 PM
really?....here i thought it was because direct TV had the exclusive contract:coffee:

no,i get nfln on DISH and many cable companies carry the channel as well

underrated29
06-30-2010, 01:00 PM
direct has the exclusive for sunday ticket. that is it.

Lonestar
06-30-2010, 01:08 PM

that be a fact, the NFLN is on lots of other resources internet, cable and dish.

Northman
06-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Seems like I've hit a raw nerve.

When I call out memembers for thinking a report that is negative it is bad.

But when they do it alls well.

Yes that makes sense. I guess What is good for the gander is not OK for the GEESE.

Thats BS and you know it.

TXBRONC
06-30-2010, 03:07 PM

Word. :salute:

WARHORSE
06-30-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm not a fan of Dukes' by any stretch. But I really didn't see anything wrong
with what he said. In fact, I generally agree with it.

If a QB gets you down inside the 20, you stay with that QB unless and until he
shows he can't do it. But that is more dependent on the running game than it is
on the QB. The running game is far more dangerous down there because the
offense has less yards to go for the TD. If the team can run down there, the
team can pass.

The same goes for short yardage anywhere on the field. If they have less than
two yards to go, they ought to be able to point to the defense where they are
going and still make it. Okay, that might be a bit superfluous, but it's not far
from the truth.

Tebow also doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for the Wild Horses, either. So
they send him in, and the defense says, "Why is Tebow suddenly coming in?"
Same thing if they send Tebow in and Orton stays. Then they ask, "Why two
QBs?"

It wouldn't take the defense long to figure that out. And that lineup is just not
as effective as it was the year Miami introduced it. It's going the way of all the
other gimmick plays, and we saw that last year.

Unless and until Tebow can run the offense - period - I don't see him in there,
first round or not. Orton plays unless and until something happens, such as his
getting hurt. If and when that happens, Quinn will go in.

Tebow is 3rd string this year, and it will remain that way, IMO. He is talented,
yes, but he is raw. Very raw.

-----

In general, I think most would agree.

But there are a ton of reasons that there may be packages that are Tebow specific this year, and why it would be smart to insert them.

First, if its effective, you put him in the game. If he scores with the ball at the goaline, then you put him in.

This is not Peyton Manning. Its TT, who is the first ever player in the history of college to go for more than 20 on the ground and 20 in the air in the same season.

He scored more rushing TDs than Bo Jackson. Emmitt Smith. Hershel Walker.

The man has shown the ability to put the ball in the endzone consistently on the college level.

So, if he shows he can do it on this level, then its a given.

If our running game is potent, but we come up against a particularly staunch defense, then TT in the game brings alot more for the defense to consider.

Hes not the first QB to do this.

He will be the first with his talent level in short yardage/goaline situations.

Once again.....if its effective, we do it. If not, we dont.

But Jamie Dukes telling Baldinger he doesnt even know what hes talkin about is idiotic.......which is not surprising whatsoever coming from Jamie Dukes.:coffee:

Lonestar
07-01-2010, 09:32 AM

Just Guessing your not the one getting the concerning your post PMs are you.

I just might be more on the nose about this than you think.

Lonestar
07-01-2010, 09:45 AM
In general, I think most would agree.

But there are a ton of reasons that there may be packages that are Tebow specific this year, and why it would be smart to insert them.

First, if its effective, you put him in the game. If he scores with the ball at the goaline, then you put him in.

This is not Peyton Manning. Its TT, who is the first ever player in the history of college to go for more than 20 on the ground and 20 in the air in the same season.

He scored more rushing TDs than Bo Jackson. Emmitt Smith. Hershel Walker.

The man has shown the ability to put the ball in the endzone consistently on the college level.

So, if he shows he can do it on this level, then its a given.

If our running game is potent, but we come up against a particularly staunch defense, then TT in the game brings alot more for the defense to consider.

Hes not the first QB to do this.

He will be the first with his talent level in short yardage/goaline situations.

Once again.....if its effective, we do it. If not, we dont.

But Jamie Dukes telling Baldinger he doesnt even know what hes talkin about is idiotic.......which is not surprising whatsoever coming from Jamie Dukes.:coffee:

Great logical post.

Dukes for the most part is the circus clown loud and obnoxsious.

A real buffon in losts of areas some folks like the guy and they keep him around because of that.
I was surprised that he did not take a shots at the broncos like he normally does, when he had a chance to. IIRC he was the first one asked the question and had not thought up a Zinger because he was caught off guard.

But have no fear he will not make it a habit.

Northman
07-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Just Guessing your not the one getting the concerning your post PMs are you.

I just might be more on the nose about this than you think.

You would guess wrong champ.

arapaho2
07-01-2010, 05:29 PM
no,i get nfln on DISH and many cable companies carry the channel as well

oh yeah im thinking sunday ticket...duh i watch nflnetwork everynight and im on dish too:laugh::laugh:

arapaho2
07-01-2010, 05:30 PM

yep i caught it:beer: