PDA

View Full Version : Priscos Top 25 Players in the NFL

WARHORSE
06-28-2010, 03:08 AM
Our young LT is making a name for himself. I sure hope he doesnt hold out next year.........

1. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis Colts: He turned 34 in March, but he is still playing at a high level. Some Colts insiders say he had his best season in 2009. Could he actually be getting better?

2. Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots: It's trendy to bash him and say he wasn't the same player he had been in 2009. I don't buy it. His yardage total was the second-best of his career.

3. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints: Winning a Super Bowl helps his cachet, but he's just outside the Big Two. Win another one, and we might have to re-think that.

Darrelle Revis helped the Jets surrender only eight TD passes last season. (US Presswire) 4. Darrelle Revis, CB, New York Jets: Revis Island is a quarterback's nightmare. He is now the best cover player in the NFL, and there's great value in that, which is why he's clamoring for a new contract.
5. DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Dallas Cowboys: His sack numbers fell from 20 to 11 last season, but he is still the elite pass-rushing linebacker in the league. He has also improved against the run.

6. Chris Johnson, RB, Tennessee Titans: His 2,000-yard season makes him a big jumper on this list. Now he has to get his contract issues behind him and show he can have another big season.

7. Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans: This quiet receiver -- yes, there is one -- is the game's best. He is big, strong and fast. He's in his prime now.

8. Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings: The only knock on him is his fumbling problems. He has big-play speed, and he can run inside the tackles.

9. Philip Rivers, QB, San Diego Chargers: Many will say this is way too high, but I think he's an elite passer now. He averaged 8.8 per attempt last season, best in the league.

10. Dwight Freeney, DE, Indianapolis Colts: He had 13½ sacks in only nine starts, limited by injuries. When he's healthy, there is no better down edge rusher in the game.

11. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals: He had another big season with Kurt Warner, but it will be interesting to see what happens now with Matt Leinart.

12. Jared Allen, DE, Minnesota Vikings: He is an intense player who can rush the passer but also can hold the point against the run. He's the key to the Vikings defense.

13. Ryan Clady, T, Denver Broncos: He's the best pass-blocking tackle in the game. He owns the left side. He did suffer an offseason knee injury that is a concern, but the Broncos think he will be ready.

Aaron Rodgers was fourth in the NFL in passing yards, touchdowns and passer rating. (US Presswire) 14. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers: He has proven beyond a doubt that the Packers did the right thing letting Brett Favre go. He is perfect for their offense, playing with a swagger you want to see at his position.
15. Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, Oakland Raiders: He doesn't get a lot of action, so he'll never have big interception numbers. But you can bet quarterbacks know all about his cover skills.

16. Charles Woodson, CB, Green Bay Packers: The NFL's Defensive Player of the Year finally got some much-deserved attention last season. He is a good cover player who has a knack for the big play.

17. Mario Williams, DE, Houston Texans: He didn't get double-digit sacks last season for the first time in three. But he had some shoulder issues that bothered him throughout and still had nine sacks. He's a rare breed of athlete for a man his size.

18. Steven Jackson, RB, St. Louis Rams: How good would he be on a team with more offensive help? Jackson fought through some injury issues last season and still put up huge numbers. He's a dual threat.

19. Champ Bailey, CB, Denver Broncos: He's getting up in years, but he still was a Pro Bowl player last season. He remains a top-tier cover corner who will one day be in Canton.

20. Joe Thomas, T, Cleveland Browns: He is a diamond on a bad team. He is a tough-guy tackle who has excelled from the time he started as a rookie. As the Browns improve, his talent will be more appreciated.

21. Ed Reed, S, Baltimore Ravens: The 2009 season wasn't his best, but he's still the NFL's top safety. He reads the field better than any safety in the game. He is a ball hawk.

22. Patrick Willis, LB, San Francisco 49ers: This fourth-year player is a tackling machine. He is also smart and instinctive and tough. He's the Ray Lewis of this generation.

23. Reggie Wayne, WR, Indianapolis Colts: He is as consistent as any receiver in the game. With Marvin Harrison gone in 2009, Wayne really emerged as the No. 1 weapon, even though he had been that for two years. He is underappreciated.

24. Antonio Gates, TE, San Diego Chargers: He is the security blanket for the Chargers passing game. He knows how to get open on third down. This former basketball player might be on his way to the Hall of Fame.

25. Kevin Williams, DT, Minnesota Vikings: He's as good an interior player as there is in the league. He can play the run, but he's quick enough to get pressure inside.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13561670/top-25-no-changing-of-guard-with-peyton-brady-around?tag=coverlist_footer;coverlist_photo_conten t

Poet
06-28-2010, 03:39 AM
No Troy Polamalu or Ed Reed or Albert Haynesworth, but Kevin Williams makes the list?

He's worse than any of those three guys.

Also, Chris Johnson is not a better player than Adrian Peterson. Adrian Peterson is a back who is going to average 1400 yards a year for his career barring injury. He can do it all on the field and Chris Johnson can't. You know who the last player to rush for 2k yards was? Jamal Lewis.

Lonestar
06-28-2010, 04:12 AM
Hmmmmm did not see all world Doom on the list.

As for clady next year he will not have the same value to us unless he moves to ORT.

Champ a HOF CB let's hope the resign HIM if we have to choose between him and OTP doom.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Dirk
06-28-2010, 05:15 AM
Doom was #32 on his list. He did a top 50 players. 2nd half here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13552822/top-50-players-picking-nos-2650-an-even-harder-task?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

CrazyHorse
06-28-2010, 06:38 AM
Yeah Favre on the list #37!

Northman
06-28-2010, 09:47 AM
5. DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Dallas Cowboys: His sack numbers fell from 20 to 11 last season, but he is still the elite pass-rushing linebacker in the league. He has also improved against the run.Wait a minute? You mean Dware got his big payday before he improved on his skills vs the run?

Bwhahahahahahahahahaaha. oh shit.

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 09:53 AM
how could TEBOW not be on this list ?:confused:
oh wait i guess since he has'nt signed a contract he is'nt "officially" in the nfl yet....ok i'll give this hack a pass until he signs:elefant:

SOCALORADO.
06-28-2010, 09:58 AM
oh wait i guess since he has'nt signed a contract he is'nt "officially" in the nfl yet....ok i'll give this hack a pass until he signs:elefant:

Every year, Tim Tebow's garden maze captures more people than the Burmuda Triangle.

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 10:11 AM

am i gonna have to high five this bad boy myself ?
there was a time when we had a new tebow thread every 15 minutes.
it's getting pretty boring around here.
i wish favre would do something funny:D

where is the love for T-bown people:laugh:

Ravage!!!
06-28-2010, 10:25 AM
No Troy Polamalu or Ed Reed or Albert Haynesworth, but Kevin Williams makes the list?

Reed is #21, but to not include Polamalu is absurd

Northman
06-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Our young LT is making a name for himself. I sure hope he doesnt hold out next year.........

Well, good news for Clady is if Denver doesnt pay him someone else will.

Ravage!!!
06-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Hopefully we are smart enough to realize we have yet ANOTHER top player in the NFL at their position in Clady, and WILL have to pay one as such. So far, we are good at getting rid of those players to save the money.

frauschieze
06-28-2010, 11:57 AM

Doom was #32 on his list. He did a top 50 players. 2nd half here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13552822/top-50-players-picking-nos-2650-an-even-harder-task?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

:spit::spit::spit:

jhildebrand
06-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Interesting take. He has some old vets over some younger guys who have proven their worth i.e. Reed over Polumalu.

Where is Brandon Marshall? Somewhere way below Andre Johnson? :lol: I like Johnson a lot but I am not sure he is 20 some spots ahead of Marshall.

This is like ESPN's top 100 athletes that had horses and race car drivers but no Elway.

dogfish
06-28-2010, 12:13 PM
As for clady next year he will not have the same value to us unless he moves to ORT.

and there you have it, folks-- the official first shot fired across clady's bow. . . are you all ready for it next year? he really doesn't have that much value to us, and once his rookie deal runs out he'll cease to be a TEAM player and become public enemy number one. . .

Hopefully we are smart enough to realize we have yet ANOTHER top player in the NFL at their position in Clady, and WILL have to pay one as such. So far, we are good at getting rid of those players to save the money.

you must be joking. . . . :lol::lol:

the second clady becomes a free agent, he also becomes a greedy bum who isn't very good, and most certainly doesn't deserve top-five money for his position. . .

if tebow really turns into the next steve young, i wonder what people's excuse will be when it comes time for him to get paid?

"it just looks weird to see a guy throw with his left hand-- it's not intimidating. . . sign him to an incentive-laden deal until he learns to throw right-handed". . . .

Northman
06-28-2010, 12:30 PM
:spit::spit::spit:

That one is going to sting for a while. :lol:

Lonestar
06-28-2010, 12:57 PM
and there you have it, folks-- the official first shot fired across clady's bow. . . are you all ready for it next year? he really doesn't have that much value to us, and once his rookie deal runs out he'll cease to be a TEAM player and become public enemy number one. . .

the second clady becomes a free agent, he also becomes a greedy bum who isn't very good, and most certainly doesn't deserve top-five money for his position. . .

if tebow really turns into the next steve young, i wonder what people's excuse will be when it comes time for him to get paid?

"it just looks weird to see a guy throw with his left hand-- it's not intimidating. . . sign him to an incentive-laden deal until he learns to throw right-handed". . . .

not at all just mentioned that when tebow starts unless clady moves to the ORT spot he will not have the same value to us as he would elsewhere.

I like the kid and hope he is a bronco for his whole career.

If he becomes a greedy douche then not much I can do about that is there.

Not sure where y'all think we are going to come up with all of the money necessary to keep all of this guys.

Someday Y'all will figure out there is only so much to be spent. And we all know that there will be a Cap in the next CBA so being fiscally responsible is a good thing to do.

The days of milkers cap hell are gone, Unless we overspend on players.

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 12:58 PM

Next year the Broncos should offer Clady an incentive based contract because he has no real value for the Broncos. :coffee:

Northman
06-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Not sure where y'all think we are going to come up with all of the money necessary to keep all of this guys.

Not sure why you think that Denver is in some sort of salary cap hell. That just isnt the case. Orton certainly isnt taking up a lot of money. Right now champ is probably the only high priced player we have right now and he may be gone next year. At some point Denver is going to have to pay SOMEONE so why not pay the guys who actually are worth it? Your logic makes no sense when the team isnt paying anyone worth of note right now anyway. But your right, made much better sense paying guys Simms a crapload of money for riding the bench.

BroncoJoe
06-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Where's Cutler on that list?

:)

broncophan
06-28-2010, 01:11 PM
It is pretty cool that we have 2 players on that list...not sure that it really means anything.....but is still pretty cool...

Lonestar
06-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Not sure why you think that Denver is in some sort of salary cap hell. That just isnt the case. Orton certainly isnt taking up a lot of money. Right now champ is probably the only high priced player we have right now and he may be gone next year. At some point Denver is going to have to pay SOMEONE so why not pay the guys who actually are worth it? Your logic makes no sense when the team isnt paying anyone worth of note right now anyway. But your right, made much better sense paying guys Simms a crapload of money for riding the bench.

while they are not in HELLL this week they would be of you start handing out money like most folks on here want to

10 for doom, 10 for Champ, kuper IIRC is getting 3, almost all of the non rookie starters are getting 2-5 a year.

all of a sudden that adds up to real money.

there will be a cap do you agree with that.

On top of the actual money per year you have to factor in bonus money paid up front EVEN if it is not being taken out of the bank each year.

This crap sneaks up on you and all of a sudden your asking the super stars to take a cut in pay and spreading out the bonus money over the next few years.

I will allow the New guys in charge to make these decision unlike lots of fans that think we have to keep everyone regardless of cost.

simms a mistake for sure but one lots of folks thought was a great idea especially the ones that hated Orton.

For every one mistake you bring up by josh I can bring up 3 or more for mikey that were so much more expensive. so lets not get into that pissing contest.

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 01:21 PM

What does Cutler have to do with since we're discussing Broncos not Bears? :confused:

Northman
06-28-2010, 01:51 PM
while they are not in HELLL this week they would be of you start handing out money like most folks on here want to

10 for doom, 10 for Champ, kuper IIRC is getting 3, almost all of the non rookie starters are getting 2-5 a year.

On top of the actual money per year you have to factor in bonus money paid up front EVEN if it is not being taken out of the bank each year.

This crap sneaks up on you and all of a sudden your asking the super stars to take a cut in pay and spreading out the bonus money over the next few years.

I will allow the New guys in charge to make these decision unlike lots of fans that think we have to keep everyone regardless of cost.

simms a mistake for sure but one lots of folks thought was a great idea especially the ones that hated Orton.

For every one mistake you bring up by josh I can bring up 3 or more for mikey that were so much more expensive. so lets not get into that pissing contest.

But, if the results are winning Super Bowls would that not be worth it?

And i didnt bring up Mikey so YET AGAIN i have no idea why you would go there. We are talking about the Denver Broncos here and now.

dogfish
06-28-2010, 01:56 PM

dude, it's cool. . . that cap space will just have to learn to rush the passer. . . .

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 02:28 PM
dude, it's cool. . . that cap space will just have to learn to rush the passer. . . .

It seems to me to be pissing in the wind to worry about a salary cap that doesn't exist as we speak.

Poet
06-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Reed is #21, but to not include Polamalu is absurd

I missed that, good catch Ravage.

Polamalu is the best safety in football. Ed Reed is the flashiest safety in football, although he should be a first ballot HoFer himself.

jhildebrand
06-28-2010, 04:05 PM
the second clady becomes a free agent, he also becomes a greedy bum who isn't very good, and most certainly doesn't deserve top-five money for his position. . . .

He's just too tall :coffee:

topscribe
06-28-2010, 04:12 PM

Phyllis is what Cutler should be.

Cutler has it all below the shoulders, Phyllis above them . . .

-----

arapaho2
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM

so your advise for all teams would be ..NOT TO GIVE SUPERSTARS BIG CONTRACTS...:lol:

cause id believe the same if you sign a player you could end up in cap hell would apply to all teams...not just us

horsepig
06-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Isn't "cap hell" kind of the normal state of affairs for top tier teams in the NFL?

dogfish
06-28-2010, 05:46 PM

yea. . . and where's matt leinart:questionmark::questionmark:

and joe flacco, and eli manning. . .

great point, joe. . . i'm gonna call congress and see if we can get an investigation going. . . .

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 06:14 PM
There is a lot pissing and moaning about being in cap hell when there is no cap that might put us into hell. It's dumb to bitch about something that exsist right now. I'm sure we'll have cap at some point but signing Dumervil to a contract that gives him top five money doesn't mean Denver will be in cap hell.

atwater27
06-28-2010, 06:15 PM

Also, Chris Johnson is not a better player than Adrian Peterson. Adrian Peterson is a back who is going to average 1400 yards a year for his career barring injury. He can do it all on the field and Chris Johnson can't. You know who the last player to rush for 2k yards was? Jamal Lewis.

I don't care how awesome he is.... He fumbles so much, it takes a good deal of his awesomeness away, as he is sitting his awesome ass on the sideline after coughing up the ball, watching the other team score off of his turnover.

atwater27
06-28-2010, 06:16 PM

Champ a HOF CB let's hope the resign HIM if we have to choose between him and OTP doom.

Can we change your username to captain ludicrous?

BroncoJoe
06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
What does Cutler have to do with since we're discussing Broncos not Bears? :confused:

This is about the Top 25 Players in the NFL, not the Broncos.

Try to keep up.

tia.

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 06:29 PM
This is about the Top 25 Players in the NFL, not the Broncos.

Try to keep up.

tia.

Maybe you should trying read the o.p again, it's about Clady. Accept this try reading left to right and very slowly. You can also get online dictionaries and thesauruses if you need them. :salute:

BroncoJoe
06-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Maybe you should trying read the o.p again, it's about Clady. Accept this try reading left to right and very slowly. You can also get online dictionaries and thesauruses if you need them. :salute:

What's the thread title, TX?

topscribe
06-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Except that just about everyone else is talking about anybody and everybody
on the list. So why single out Joe?

-----

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 06:32 PM
What's the thread title, TX?

What's the opening post say? ;)

BroncoJoe
06-28-2010, 06:34 PM
What's the opening post say? ;)

It talks about the top 25 players in the NFL.

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 06:37 PM
It talks about the top 25 players in the NFL.

The opening post is about Clady bud.

BroncoJoe
06-28-2010, 06:38 PM
The opening post is about Clady bud.

Do you want me to quote the OP?

Don't be a dipshit, dude.

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 06:39 PM

Read the opening line dork.

BroncoJoe
06-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Read the opening line dork.

I figured you'd pick the opening 18 words of a post that is WAY much more than the opening words. If the OP intended it to be just about Clady, then he would have posted just the paragraph about him.

You're smarter than this, TX. Or are you?

1. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis Colts: He turned 34 in March, but he is still playing at a high level. Some Colts insiders say he had his best season in 2009. Could he actually be getting better?

2. Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots: It's trendy to bash him and say he wasn't the same player he had been in 2009. I don't buy it. His yardage total was the second-best of his career.

3. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints: Winning a Super Bowl helps his cachet, but he's just outside the Big Two. Win another one, and we might have to re-think that.

Darrelle Revis helped the Jets surrender only eight TD passes last season. (US Presswire) 4. Darrelle Revis, CB, New York Jets: Revis Island is a quarterback's nightmare. He is now the best cover player in the NFL, and there's great value in that, which is why he's clamoring for a new contract.
5. DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Dallas Cowboys: His sack numbers fell from 20 to 11 last season, but he is still the elite pass-rushing linebacker in the league. He has also improved against the run.

6. Chris Johnson, RB, Tennessee Titans: His 2,000-yard season makes him a big jumper on this list. Now he has to get his contract issues behind him and show he can have another big season.

7. Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans: This quiet receiver -- yes, there is one -- is the game's best. He is big, strong and fast. He's in his prime now.

8. Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings: The only knock on him is his fumbling problems. He has big-play speed, and he can run inside the tackles.

9. Philip Rivers, QB, San Diego Chargers: Many will say this is way too high, but I think he's an elite passer now. He averaged 8.8 per attempt last season, best in the league.

10. Dwight Freeney, DE, Indianapolis Colts: He had 13½ sacks in only nine starts, limited by injuries. When he's healthy, there is no better down edge rusher in the game.

11. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals: He had another big season with Kurt Warner, but it will be interesting to see what happens now with Matt Leinart.

12. Jared Allen, DE, Minnesota Vikings: He is an intense player who can rush the passer but also can hold the point against the run. He's the key to the Vikings defense.

13. Ryan Clady, T, Denver Broncos: He's the best pass-blocking tackle in the game. He owns the left side. He did suffer an offseason knee injury that is a concern, but the Broncos think he will be ready.

Aaron Rodgers was fourth in the NFL in passing yards, touchdowns and passer rating. (US Presswire) 14. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers: He has proven beyond a doubt that the Packers did the right thing letting Brett Favre go. He is perfect for their offense, playing with a swagger you want to see at his position.
15. Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, Oakland Raiders: He doesn't get a lot of action, so he'll never have big interception numbers. But you can bet quarterbacks know all about his cover skills.

16. Charles Woodson, CB, Green Bay Packers: The NFL's Defensive Player of the Year finally got some much-deserved attention last season. He is a good cover player who has a knack for the big play.

17. Mario Williams, DE, Houston Texans: He didn't get double-digit sacks last season for the first time in three. But he had some shoulder issues that bothered him throughout and still had nine sacks. He's a rare breed of athlete for a man his size.

18. Steven Jackson, RB, St. Louis Rams: How good would he be on a team with more offensive help? Jackson fought through some injury issues last season and still put up huge numbers. He's a dual threat.

19. Champ Bailey, CB, Denver Broncos: He's getting up in years, but he still was a Pro Bowl player last season. He remains a top-tier cover corner who will one day be in Canton.

20. Joe Thomas, T, Cleveland Browns: He is a diamond on a bad team. He is a tough-guy tackle who has excelled from the time he started as a rookie. As the Browns improve, his talent will be more appreciated.

21. Ed Reed, S, Baltimore Ravens: The 2009 season wasn't his best, but he's still the NFL's top safety. He reads the field better than any safety in the game. He is a ball hawk.

22. Patrick Willis, LB, San Francisco 49ers: This fourth-year player is a tackling machine. He is also smart and instinctive and tough. He's the Ray Lewis of this generation.

23. Reggie Wayne, WR, Indianapolis Colts: He is as consistent as any receiver in the game. With Marvin Harrison gone in 2009, Wayne really emerged as the No. 1 weapon, even though he had been that for two years. He is underappreciated.

24. Antonio Gates, TE, San Diego Chargers: He is the security blanket for the Chargers passing game. He knows how to get open on third down. This former basketball player might be on his way to the Hall of Fame.

25. Kevin Williams, DT, Minnesota Vikings: He's as good an interior player as there is in the league. He can play the run, but he's quick enough to get pressure inside.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13561670/top-25-no-changing-of-guard-with-peyton-brady-around?tag=coverlist_footer;coverlist_photo_conten t

topscribe
06-28-2010, 06:52 PM

Don't mind TX, Joe. This is just his M.O.

Now, :focus:

-----

BroncoJoe
06-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Don't mind TX, Joe. This is just his M.O.

Now, :focus:

-----

Which is about the

TOP 25 PLAYERS IN THE NFL

dogfish
06-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Except that just about everyone else is talking about anybody and everybody
on the list. So why single out Joe?

-----

a handsome SOB like joe should be used to the attention by now. . .