Lonestar
06-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Playing Tebow before his time could sink Broncos
Readers talk and columnist Mark Kiszla responds
By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post
POSTED: 06/27/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

Tebow Time is not now.

"I played football in elementary school with the guys, so I've got the basics of the game down. I decided I like Broncos rookie Tim Tebow. I heard he is a great Christian and was a great quarterback at Florida. So I have a bone to pick after you wrote: 'This shiny, happy, new No. 15 for the Broncos has real potential to instigate far more discord in the locker room than Brandon Marshall ever did with his stupid human tricks.' How in the world do you think that? If you want to make derogatory comments about my man Tebow, you should get some facts."

Meg, Chatfield High School

Kiz: In the final year of his contract with the Broncos, cornerback Champ Bailey cannot afford to be living on Tebow Time. The life of an NFL veteran is too short to be wasted with on-the-job training for a young quarterback. Should Denver succumb to public pressure and play Tebow before his time, team morale could sink lower than the rookie's QB rating.

Tebow not ready to shine.

"I am so tired of the Tebow Admiration Society. He has not played one NFL game. Let's give Brady Quinn an equal opportunity."

Lou, greetings from O-hi-o

Kiz: The biggest impact Tebow has had on the team since being drafted is to raise coach Josh McDaniels' appreciation for veteran Kyle Orton. Hand the keys to the Denver offense to a rookie QB and the Broncos would be driving with training wheels. That's a good way to end up in the ditch.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15386813

claymore
06-28-2010, 06:58 AM
We may have training wheels with Tebow, but we have 2 flat tires with Orton. We arent going anywhere with any of these QB's this year.

Dirk
06-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Come on Clay...Orton doesn't have 2 flat tires. Only a patched up tire on one side. (i.e. ankle) :D

claymore
06-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Come on Clay...Orton doesn't have 2 flat tires. Only a patched up tire on one side. (i.e. ankle) :D

Ha! Ok, he has a 100 mile Donut on hisleft side! We are on mile 50!

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 09:44 AM
We may have training wheels with Tebow, but we have 2 flat tires with Orton. We arent going anywhere with any of these QB's this year.

and yet the jets are predicted to be superbowl contenders by many "experts" with this guy at the helm ?:confused:

14 Kyle Orton, QB DEN 541 336 62.1 3802 7.03 87 21 12 29 86.8 238

28 Mark Sanchez, QB NYJ 364 196 53.8 2444 6.71 65 12 20 26 63.0 163

orton 21 td's ....12 picks avg 238 passing ypg

sanchez 12 td's .....20 picks avg 163 ypg

point being if the jets can have that sort of production from their qb and be expected to make a run.
it's pretty obvious that if as you say " the broncos are'nt going anywhere with the 3 qb's we have."...it says alot more about the rest of the offense and the defense than it does about orton.....just sayin':salute:

arapaho2
06-28-2010, 11:58 AM
and yet the jets are predicted to be superbowl contenders by many "experts" with this guy at the helm ?:confused:

point being if the jets can have that sort of production from their qb and be expected to make a run.
it's pretty obvious that if as you say " the broncos are'nt going anywhere with the 3 qb's we have."...it says alot more about the rest of the offense and the defense than it does about orton.....just sayin':salute:

lets see

sanchez has
the #1 defense
a great running game
great oline
good wrs
and a young coach who took them from the dumpster to the afc championship game

thats seems to be the recipe for success even if a young qb is struggling

while orton has
unknown defnse wo lost its coach
unknown runnng game
dismantled oline with its star hurt
no star wrs...no #1 wr and no passd catching TE

that seems to be the team that needs a qb to carry the team, shoulder the offense, make plays

but we have orton:lol:

claymore
06-28-2010, 12:00 PM

They have a better HC.

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Like Woody is a guy that is always called a hack and doesn't know a damn thing about the Broncos now all of the sudden he does?

That aside who has start him before he's ready? Nobody.

claymore
06-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Like Woody this is Kilza is guy that is always called hack and doesn't know a damn thing about the Broncos now all of the sudden he does?

That aside who has start him before he's ready? Nobody.

Kizzla is the only writer I absolutley cant stand. He is such a perma doosh its re-dick-ulous

Northman
06-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Tebow is the LEAST of Denver's problems. lmao

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Tebow is the LEAST of Denver's problems. lmao

Oh you want to be careful their North. Some guys are so invested in Orton that they swing from his jock. ;)

claymore
06-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Oh you want to be careful their North. Some guys are so invested in Orton that they swing from his jock. ;)

Some hated Cutler so much his replacement could have been mickey the mope and they would have hailed him the next John!

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Some hated Cutler so much his replacement could have been mickey the mope and they would have hailed him the next John!

Yep. :nod:

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
lets see

sanchez has
the #1 defense
a great running game
great oline
good wrs
and a young coach who took them from the dumpster to the afc championship game

thats seems to be the recipe for success even if a young qb is struggling

while orton has
unknown defnse wo lost its coach
unknown runnng game
dismantled oline with its star hurt
no star wrs...no #1 wr and no passd catching TE

that seems to be the team that needs a qb to carry the team, shoulder the offense, make plays

but we have orton:lol:

thanks for making my point....again?
like i said orton's #s prove that other area's on the team are more pressing than qb play.
unless you are just hoping we can be one of about 4 teams that have a qb that can carry a team on their backs all of the sudden.
newsflash.....they are rare !

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 02:31 PM
like i said orton's #s prove that other area's on the team are more pressing than qb play.
unless you are just hoping we can be one of about 4 teams that have a qb that can carry a team on their backs all of the sudden.

No all Orton's numbers prove is that we have quarterback that runs in middle of pack.

arapaho2
06-28-2010, 02:52 PM

the jets have a team where a qb can struggle and still eek out a win

we do not

our team needs a leader, a gunslinger, a take charge, risk it to win playmaker, a fearless passer...in other words we need a above average qb to get wins when the other aspects of the team struggle

orton is not that type..ergo..we're 8-8 as opposed to in the post

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 03:07 PM
the jets have a team where a qb can struggle and still eek out a win

we do not

our team needs a leader, a gunslinger, a take charge, risk it to win playmaker, a fearless passer...in other words we need a above average qb to get wins when the other aspects of the team struggle

orton is not that type..ergo..we're 8-8 as opposed to in the post

like i said VERY FEW TEAMS have a qb that can overcome multiple deficiencies of a team.
orton is one of many in that group and if you think finding that "special" qb is easier than fixing the rest of the problems.you are sorely mistaken (see previous years at 8-8)
thanks for playing but your logic is lacking;)

arapaho2
06-28-2010, 03:44 PM
like i said VERY FEW TEAMS have a qb that can overcome multiple deficiencies of a team.
orton is one of many in that group and if you think finding that "special" qb is easier than fixing the rest of the problems.you are sorely mistaken (see previous years at 8-8)

and it was you that brought this up was it not?...a sarcastic reply on why the jets with sanchez are contenders but we are not

i simply told whyh

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 03:52 PM

So we should lower the bar and settle for mediocre?

Yeah that's great logic. :lol:

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 04:29 PM
man....why do you guys insist on making shyt up.
what i said was if the jets are good enough to make a run with a qb that played as poorly as sanchez,why would the broncos have NO chance with a qb that played much better ?
this is not saying we should settle for mediocrity or anything close. this is saying that having the 14th ranked qb in the league is no excuse for continueing on the 8-8 path we have been stuck on.and if we fix other issues,i see no reason why we should'nt expect the broncos to at least make a wildcard spot.
hell we would have had one last year if we did'nt allow 244ypg rushing the final 3 weeks.
orton IS an average qb....but a great team can go a long way with an average qb.(see jets 09')
there was nothing sarcastic or false about my statement....NOTHING !
now if you have nothing better to do than try and spin what i said go for it.
but at least TRY and make a valid counterpoint.
saying i said things i did not will not help your arguement,in fact it makes you look silly.

arapaho2
06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
what i said was if the jets are good enough to make a run with a qb that played as poorly as sanchez,why would the broncos have NO chance with a qb that played much better ?
this is not saying we should settle for mediocrity or anything close. this is saying that having the 14th ranked qb in the league is no excuse for continueing on the 8-8 path we have been stuck on.and if we fix other issues,i see no reason why we should'nt expect the broncos to at least make a wildcard spot.
hell we would have had one last year if we did'nt allow 244ypg rushing the final 3 weeks.
orton IS an average qb....but a great team can go a long way with an average qb.(see jets 09')
saying i said things i did not will not help your arguement,in fact it makes you look silly.

because we dont have the team that sanchez does...duh:coffee:

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 05:33 PM
because we dont have the team that sanchez does...duh:coffee:

DUH ? that is what i have been trying to impart to you.
we have a much better chance of improving other area's while tebow or quinn are groomed to take the starting spot.
but just because orton is our starter does not mean the team has no chance of being good enough to make the playoffs !
that's all i have been saying....it's simple !
DUH !

TXBRONC
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM

I've read many of your posts doing exactly the same thing that you're crying foul about and then claim that they don't have a good counterpoint. Please stop the whinning.

There are NO guarantees that even with a better team around Orton that we'll make the playoffs.

We didn't make the playoffs because of how the defense played the last three weeks of the season? Please anyone with an ounce of honesty in them can admit that Orton didn't do anything to really help. Hell in EVERY loss we had last season he didn't play particularly well. Just the last three games of the season 5 TDs and 4 INTs. So I guess it was the defense's fault that Orton played poorly? :rolleyes:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh, I must be in the wrong thread - I thought this thread was on Tebow.

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Oh, I must be in the wrong thread - I thought this thread was on Tebow.

i was actually pointing out that orton is a reasonable (and currently our best) option while tebow learns the ropes.as i stated 2 posts prior to yours but SOME people can't grasp my point and keep trying to change the meaning of my posts.
which once and for all is that the broncos should be able to make the playoffs even with an average qb as long as the team plays well in other area's like defense special teams running game etc...
but i guess some would rather head into the season thinking the team is doomed !:rolleyes:

BroncoJoe
06-28-2010, 06:23 PM

some would rather head into the season thinking the team is doomed !:rolleyes:

Some? Try 90% of the people. No wonder people I work with say Broncos' fans are fair-weather.

Lonestar
06-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Some? Try 90% of the people. No wonder people I work with say Broncos' fans are fair-weather.

actually I see a lot of them as defeatists.

Northman
06-28-2010, 06:51 PM

Orton played much better because the reigns were pulled in on him. He wasnt allowed to freely fling the ball around like Sanchez was. Sanchez was also a rookie so its expected that he would not be at the very top of his game. Also, the Jets have a better defense than Denver and running game that is stronger than ours. They also have a HC who was able to actually put his experience to use on the defensive side of the ball it paid off by making the playoffs. Our HC who is supposed to be an offensive genius fell flat on his face.

Of course its possible but not likely. There hasnt been a sign yet to say that we've even made improvements except for one position and even that is not in stone. Most of the changes that have been made have been made with young guys who need game time experience yet.

Got news for ya, it takes two to tango and the NFL season is more than just the last 3 weeks. Your golden boy is equally as guilty as the rest of the team.

This team could go a long way if it were the 00' Ravens or 02' Bucs. But that isnt the case and we are nowhere near that yet.

elsid13
06-28-2010, 06:52 PM

Rookie QB vs 5 year Vet. Orton should be better.

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 06:54 PM
defeatism

Main Entry: de·feat·ism
Pronunciation: \di-ˈfē-ˌti-zəm, dē-\
Function: noun
Date: 1918
: an attitude of accepting, expecting, or being resigned to defeat

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Rookie QB vs 5 year Vet. Orton should be better.

HE WAS ! another one of my points made earlier....:rolleyes:

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Got news for ya, it takes two to tango and the NFL season is more than just the last 3 weeks. Your golden boy is equally as guilty as the rest of the team.

This team could go a long way if it were the 00' Ravens or 02' Bucs. But that isnt the case and we are nowhere near that yet.

not sure how calling him an average qb makes him "my golden boy" but whatever....
guilty perhaps ,but equally guilty i dont think so.
there where a few games we would have won if the rest of the team played well and 1 or 2 that orton could have cost us.
but i dont have time to explain what i am trying to say to people who refuse to listen so....i think i'll go make a cocktail :salute::elefant::beer:

broncophan
06-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Tebow(or Quinn) will play if he is ready and McD wants to play him.....and I don't see where it would be so "crushing" to the broncos if he did.......imo....starting Orton would be worth 1 or 2 more wins for the team.....and it may be worth the risk this season to start someone other than Orton....who knows??

TimTebow15MVP
06-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Man tebow will probably be ready once he gets a few pre season games. Orton will start but he has to make big time plays this year to keep his job. There was alot of touchdowns orton left on the field last year that he needs to hit this year. This offense is a great offense, we didnt even see the half of it last year. Hopefully whoever starts can allow us to use the entire playbook because we have the pieces and OL around him to make this a dominant offense. Tebow should def see packages though because he is a threat.......

nevcraw
06-28-2010, 08:26 PM
speaking of things going over head....like i said VERY FEW TEAMS have a qb that can overcome multiple deficiencies of a team.

Orton has to play a near perfect game to win with no major letdowns in other areas.. That is a far cry from just overcoming a teams deficiencies.

he is however the best option at this point.. :elefant:

T.K.O.
06-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Orton has to play a near perfect game to win with no major letdowns in other areas.. That is a far cry from just overcoming a teams deficiencies.

he is however the best option at this point.. :elefant:

that's my point ...if the qb has to play a "near perfect" game for the team to win....there are obviously other areas that are lacking.:salute:

TimTebow15MVP
06-28-2010, 09:05 PM
yeah good thing that was last year. with a cranked up run game and our targets to throw too we will be fine this year.

arapaho2
06-29-2010, 10:25 AM
DUH ? that is what i have been trying to impart to you.
we have a much better chance of improving other area's while tebow or quinn are groomed to take the starting spot.
but just because orton is our starter does not mean the team has no chance of being good enough to make the playoffs !
that's all i have been saying....it's simple !
DUH !

no....i answered your question....why are the jets with sanchez considered contenders, while the broncos with orton are not

condensed answers
a. jets have better team
b. jets have better coach
c. we have orton

now if your having trouble following this...i cant help you

Ravage!!!
06-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Cranked up run game and targets to throw to? :confused:

GEM
06-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Does every single thread in this forum have to end up reading like a kindergarten fight on the playground?

Stop taking other people's OPINIONS so freaking personal and stop attacking them for having different opinions. To put it in an easier format for y'all to read.....

KNOCK OFF THE PERSONAL REMARKS AND STICK TO THE THREAD TOPIC.

Lonestar
06-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Tebow while a talented athlete does not have the depth of this offense nor will get get the time to develop the timing necessary to get the job done.

The speed of the game and length of the season are also factors in keeping him off the field except in special circumstances.

Look for Orton to get a chance to display his wares as an IFA next year.

Is that better GEM.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

GEM
06-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Tebow while a talented athlete does not have the depth of this offense nor will get get the time to develop the timing necessary to get the job done.

The speed of the game and length of the season are also factors in keeping him off the field except in special circumstances.

Look for Orton to get a chance to display his wares as an IFA next year.

Is that better GEM.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Yep, much. ;)