PDA

View Full Version : Bye...Bye... Bad Apples

BOSSHOGG30
06-06-2008, 09:20 AM
From DPO:

Todd Sauerbrun, Javon Walker, Ian Gold and Travis Henry were all let go for some degree of attitudinal reasons, not talent. At the recent NFL draft, the Broncos had DeSean Jackson, the most talented returner/receiver on the board, available to them with the No. 42 pick, but instead took Eddie Royal, a returner/receiver whose makeup was rated as highly as his ability.

Outside the cocoon at Dove Valley, there is a sense the Broncos may have gotten worse this offseason. It feels quite different on the inside.

"It does feel better in the locker room," said veteran receiver Brandon Stokley, who played on Super Bowls in Baltimore and Indianapolis. "When you see what some bad apples can do to a team, and you realize how bad it can get, you realize you can't have that. You can't bring those kind of guys in."

SOCALORADO.
06-06-2008, 10:15 AM
How about a link? Why is that so difficult for alot of posters here?

claymore
06-06-2008, 10:18 AM
It says from the DPO.

pnbronco
06-06-2008, 10:23 AM
From DPO:

Todd Sauerbrun, Javon Walker, Ian Gold and Travis Henry were all let go for some degree of attitudinal reasons, not talent. At the recent NFL draft, the Broncos had DeSean Jackson, the most talented returner/receiver on the board, available to them with the No. 42 pick, but instead took Eddie Royal, a returner/receiver whose makeup was rated as highly as his ability.

Outside the cocoon at Dove Valley, there is a sense the Broncos may have gotten worse this offseason. It feels quite different on the inside.

It's interesting that Stokley gave the quote. He's on the quite side. It feels like they are really giving a loud message to all. Do you job on the field and be a professional off or you will no longer work here.

BroncoJoe
06-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Oh. I thought this thread was about HD. :confused:

Why do you need a link? Do you think everyone is lying or something? It's not ground breaking news or anything...

SOCALORADO.
06-06-2008, 10:24 AM
It says from the DPO.

So what. Just post the link with your info. Its easy, and shows basic internet commonsense when informing others of info that YOU want them to see.

BeefStew25
06-06-2008, 10:35 AM
So what. Just post the link with your info. Its easy, and shows basic internet commonsense when informing others of info that YOU want them to see.

Yeah, he made a thread of info he wanted us to see. Lose the attitude.

GEM
06-06-2008, 10:39 AM

Beef...the sky is falling, a 3 sentence blurb about bad apples was posted without a link. WTH is this world coming to? :tsk:

I could understand wanting to see a link for a ___________just got cut post....but come on. This is just silly.

GEM
06-06-2008, 10:40 AM
From DPO:

Instead of a link, could you post a pic of your abs instead? :D

pnbronco
06-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Instead of a link, could you post a pic of your abs instead? :D

Gem now something worth waiting for....:D

SOCALORADO.
06-06-2008, 10:47 AM

Well, in that case, lose the stupid picture of the rat tail, and post the article AND the link.
There. Solved 2 stupid issues with one post.

BOSSHOGG30
06-06-2008, 10:52 AM

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9495639

8th paragraph down

Enjoy:D

pnbronco
06-06-2008, 10:55 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9495639

8th paragraph down

Enjoy:D

So how long do we have to wait for the abs??? :D

tubby
06-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I am so glad Ian Gold is gone. That guy was a turd.

DenBronx
06-06-2008, 11:15 AM
I am so glad Ian Gold is gone. That guy was a turd.

he really only had 1 or 2 decent games last year. he used to be alot better but completely fell off the map. glad he's gone and glad boss came in to play the strong side.

i was pissed about walker but now that he is a raider i am actually looking forward to our defense lighting him up. he is not worth the money the paid him...not even close.

henry....what a joke and waste of time.

todd....glad he isnt a bronco. you dont bad mouth the best returner in the game through the media and kick straight to him after he keeps returning kicks. he can take his steriods, stupidity and anger problems and go kick for the cfl with vanderjerk.

and dont forget simeon rice.

Kaylore
06-06-2008, 11:21 AM
From DPO:

Todd Sauerbrun, Javon Walker, Ian Gold and Travis Henry were all let go for some degree of attitudinal reasons, not talent.

That's not really true. Ian Gold was not producing on the field.

underrated29
06-06-2008, 11:27 AM
ok- kay,socal good to see ya here.

2. I think it was shanny and the staff that said kick it to hester, not sour, ftr.

3. good, i am glad the lockeroom is at ease now.

4. MOst improtantly, the defense, hopefully will be back to top 10.

good god that was awful last year.

5. Boss- i like you, but dont post your sexy abs. Mr. beefy will get to excited.

GEM
06-06-2008, 11:28 AM

2. I think it was shanny and the staff that said kick it to hester, not sour, ftr.

5. Boss- i like you, but dont post your sexy abs. Mr. beefy will get to excited.

Shut up under!

BMF Bronco
06-06-2008, 11:31 AM

Dude was pathetic last year, he would over-persue virtually every time!

DenBronx
06-06-2008, 11:35 AM

maybe so but players can also use common sense. qb's and defense audible all the time. if sour reconized a problem then maybe he shouldnt have kicked it directly into his hands. right down the middle everytime??? cmon now!

DenBronx
06-06-2008, 11:37 AM

he missed alot of tackles. i liked that he could get to the backfield faster than most but then could do nothing once he got there.

pnbronco
06-06-2008, 11:39 AM

Boss UR is a good guy, but stop at 4. So Gem, Beef and myself and others on this board have a good day, we work hard.

So my hope is that the Broncos are not great on paper but show their magic on the field and that they play like a team, not individuals trying to make highlights.

BMF Bronco
06-06-2008, 11:39 AM
exactly! It's like Clifford Franklin on the Movie "the replacements" got down the field but couldn't do shit without elephant spooge on his hands.

Kaylore
06-06-2008, 11:40 AM

Seriously. He tackled high and ran in late. It was bad. It made his incessant cheer leading less endearing, too.

DenBronx
06-06-2008, 11:49 AM
kaylore are you going to be giving a report from training camp again this year??? if so please post it here as well. thx

underrated29
06-06-2008, 11:54 AM
he not!:tsk::tsk:

topscribe
06-06-2008, 12:06 PM

Those were my thoughts. I remember reading stories on how Gold would be
whooping it up on the sidelines, rooting for the team when he wasn't in there.
Of course, I'm not privy to the locker room, but I am not aware of any
problems he had in there. I just think Gold was over the hill, and I am grateful
to him for the excellent play he did give us when he was in his prime.

-----

Kaylore
06-06-2008, 12:09 PM
I think Gold was a mistake to bring back. Aside from being more than he was worth, he displaced DJ and hurt his development. We should have gone out and signed or drafted a true Sam and kept DJ at will.

Lonestar
06-06-2008, 12:12 PM
I had not heard that gold was a cancer in the locker room..

I personally was against him coming back and taking DJ spot but that is history. I can say I'm happy he is GONE. I was not really ever impressed with his LB play, sure he made a lot of tackles mostly from behind, but being a featherweight LB unable to shed blocks off set that stat..

What the article failed to comment about is bring in mr no character pittman in to take baby mamma's spot..

Lonestar
06-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I think Gold was a mistake to bring back. Aside from being more than he was worth, he displaced DJ and hurt his development. We should have gone out and signed or drafted a true Sam and kept DJ at will.

I agree completely and was saying much the same thing in my post above.. But since I'm a lousy typist was doing it while you posted..

BTW I agree with Denbronx please share your TC posts with us here..

underrated29
06-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Maybe we should make a bullitened sticky thread.

Attention all football fans- kay and socal unfortunately arent going to be doing the wonderful TC reports this year..... They are selfish, and put work before us.....

There will be no reports unless someone else steps up and attends.

I will try to make it out there on one weekend, but thats about all i can get away for.

topscribe
06-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I agree completely and was saying much the same thing in my post above.. But since I'm a lousy typist was doing it while you posted..

BTW I agree with Denbronx please share your TC posts with us here..

I think Khan said he wasn't going to be able to provide them this year, that he has to work.

Isn't that right, Khan?

-----

topscribe
06-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I had not heard that gold was a cancer in the locker room..

I personally was against him coming back and taking DJ spot but that is history. I can say I'm happy he is GONE. I was not really ever impressed with his LB play, sure he made a lot of tackles mostly from behind, but being a featherweight LB unable to shed blocks off set that stat..

What the article failed to comment about is bring in mr no character pittman in to take baby mamma's spot..

Not sure Pittman belongs in that group of ne'er-do-wells. It's been a while
since he's goofed up. This article (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9495437) came out in the Denver Post about his
"repentance."

-----

BeefStew25
06-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Well, in that case, lose the stupid picture of the rat tail, and post the article AND the link.
There. Solved 2 stupid issues with one post.

Have you met Spider?

Lonestar
06-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Not sure Pittman belongs in that group of ne'er-do-wells. It's been a while
since he's goofed up. This article (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9495437) came out in the Denver Post about his
"repentance."

-----

had not seen it here is a copy.. hopefully it is true and will remain this way.

Broncos' RB defending his life
Pittman says he's changed; Shanahan and fan back him up
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 06/06/2008 01:42:36 AM MDT

Pittman: "I've matured." (David Zalubowski, The Associated Press )Todd Sauerbrun, the jilted former Broncos punter, had just finished plea-bargaining to a lesser charge in a Denver courtroom last week when he stopped to scoff at his old team's desire to replace bad characters with good.

"The guys I've seen them pick up, you're going to tell me those are good character people?" Sauerbrun told reporters. "I think not."

These reports were naturally followed by references to the Broncos' recent signing of Michael Pittman, a veteran running back who in 2001 and 2003 was arrested in domestic violence incidents involving his wife.

"I don't know if it was temper as (much as) it was (being) new in the marriage," Pittman said this week. "I was used to do everything on my own, not having to share my life, and making bad decisions. I've matured.

"I'm 32 years old now. I go around and talk to kids about it. Go to high schools. I speak at seminars. I talk about making right decisions. My wife and I are still together. We're in love. We've moved on from it and we're stronger from it."

From Florida, Travis Sullivan read how Pittman's past transgressions were becoming an unfair, blanket description of the man he had come to admire. Sullivan came to know Pittman six years ago during the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' training camp. Sullivan had written a letter to Pittman, enclosing a $100 check to cover his request for an autographed jersey for his 6-year-old son, Ryan.

Pittman sent back the check with the autographed jersey, then had tickets waiting for Ryan and his family for every home game. After each game, Pittman always handed Ryan his game gloves. To this day, Pittman and Ryan stay in touch.

"It's tough for me to put into words what I feel about him as a person for what he's done for my family," Travis Sullivan said. "There's people you read about in the paper and draw your own conclusions about who they are and what they are, but until you really get to know somebody, you probably don't know them."

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan compared Pittman's character to that of veteran receiver Rod Smith. Despite a domestic violence charge in 2000, Smith was able to restore his honorable reputation through his strong work ethic, professionalism and selflessness.

"There's a lot of similarities between Rod and Michael Pittman," Shanahan said. "I think once people get to know Michael Pittman, they're going to find out this is a guy of strong character."

Pittman said he attended court-ordered classes because of his past transgressions, but he became a better person through his will to change.

"You have to want to change your ways, the way you think," he said. "At the time, I was younger, I had a me-against- the-world-type attitude. Now, when we get in some type of argument, we talk it out until we reach some type of decision, and we move on."

DenBronx
06-06-2008, 12:58 PM
pleeeeeaaaaze khannnnnnn!!!!! do it for the fans!!! your reports we're very good. call in sick or something....at least one weekend.

who can go to this??? top or jwriz? cmon someone step it up. id go but i live in california. tned??? boss??? beef???

topscribe
06-06-2008, 12:59 PM
pleeeeeaaaaze khannnnnnn!!!!! do it for the fans!!! your reports we're very good. call in sick or something....at least one weekend.

who can go to this??? top or jwriz? cmon someone step it up. id go but i live in california. tned??? boss??? beef???

The price of fuel these days would preclude my attending TC from Tucson this year. :D

-----

pnbronco
06-06-2008, 01:10 PM
The price of fuel these days would preclude my attending TC from Tucson this year. :D

-----

I didn't know you live in Tucson. You just know so much it seems like you have to live here. Heck I live in north Denver and will have to figure out how many times I can make it down there with fuel costs.

Thanks for the article Jrwiz on Pittman. He might be someone I need to talk to, sounds like a good grown up....

BTW: Boss I'm still checking in between work.....

topscribe
06-06-2008, 01:15 PM
I didn't know you live in Tucson. You just know so much it seems like you have to live here. Heck I live in north Denver and will have to figure out how many times I can make it down there with fuel costs.

Thanks for the article Jrwiz on Pittman. He might be someone I need to talk to, sounds like a good grown up....

BTW: Boss I'm still checking in between work.....

I grew up in Colorado, principally the Greeley area.

And I do a good job of faking it. :D

Seriously, I am humbled by the knowledge of some of the others on this
board. Which is one reason I'm here.

-----

Kaylore
06-06-2008, 01:18 PM
I think Khan said he wasn't going to be able to provide them this year, that he has to work.

Isn't that right, Khan?

-----

Yes, that's correct. There's a host of reasons with work and PTO being the main ones.

BeefStew25
06-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Seriously, I am humbled by the knowledge of some of the others on this
board. Which is one reason I'm here.

-----

Thank you Top. That really means alot to me and nut.

Lonestar
06-06-2008, 01:25 PM

I live in TEXAS, Top in AZ, SO I doubt if we are going and BTW if we went who would keep all the clowns in line.. :D

topscribe
06-06-2008, 01:28 PM
I live in TEXAS, Top in AZ, SO I doubt if we are going and BTW if we went who would keep all the clowns in line.. :D

I don't think it's right for you to talk about Beef and Nut like that.

. . . I don't care what they say about them . . .

-----

Northman
06-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Its great that we are cleaning house so to speak but im just sad it took them 4 years to understand this.

topscribe
06-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Its great that we are cleaning house so to speak but im just sad it took them 4 years to understand this.

At the last minute, they decided not to send you to clear out the Locker Room.

They wanted to keep the damage to the building to a minimum . . .

-----

Lonestar
06-06-2008, 01:52 PM

Good posts, however I think it has been more than 4 years of bad player decisions on mikey part..

I'll bet there may be a couple more clowns to nail also.. Lets hope that from here on out we stay clear of the expensive FA and have great drafts forever..

Building this team from the ground up with quality character players..