PDA

View Full Version : Good news!

MasterShake
06-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Didn't know where to post this, so I'll just put it here. I got past the first round for a graphic design job with the Denver Broncos and have until monday to submit a test! Its a longshot. but I got some free Denver Broncos fonts and a design standards manual for the team. Pretty cool! :salute:

I signed up for alerts through the NFL.com jobs system years ago and this is the first Broncos related job to come through. What a sweet gig if I can land it!

The test consists of making a clipping path on a player, a full page ad for the team store, 4 web tiles, and a custom logo for a Broncos charity. I'll post my work when I'm done.

gnomeflinger
06-23-2010, 11:35 PM
I hope it goes well for you, Shake. This is AWESOME news! :hug:

frauschieze
06-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Wow! Good luck to you! I can't wait to see your work and I hope you get the position.

underrated29
06-24-2010, 11:28 AM
That is pretty sick man. Good luck with that!

MasterShake
06-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks everyone. Like I said the pool of applicants is down to about 30 so its a stretch to think I'll get it, but I know that I am super awesome and that is all that matters.

Its a thrill just to be nominated! :lol:

underrated29
06-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Why is it a stretch man? I don't get it. If you got the skills, which it seems like you do to even be in the running. Then why not ball out and give them all that they can handle.

Maybe its me, but when a situation like this presents itself, my work mind set is that i am going to win, and that i have already won, because the only way I can lose is if i allow another person to beat me. Not because they are better, but because I did not perform how i should have. I dont lose, i hate losing. I can accept it, but i do not like it one bit. Go for gold man. The only thing that can hold you back is yourself.

Dreadnought
06-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Do it, Shake! We're pulling for you!

slim
06-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Good luck, Shake.

Although I would steer away from the unicorn theme. No offense Mr. Luckyhorn.

MasterShake
06-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Why is it a stretch man? I don't get it. If you got the skills, which it seems like you do to even be in the running. Then why not ball out and give them all that they can handle.

Maybe its me, but when a situation like this presents itself, my work mind set is that i am going to win, and that i have already won, because the only way I can lose is if i allow another person to beat me. Not because they are better, but because I did not perform how i should have. I dont lose, i hate losing. I can accept it, but i do not like it one bit. Go for gold man. The only thing that can hold you back is yourself.

Trust me, I'm plenty confident but I am also realistic. In this job market, there are fantastic designers with 10 years of experience touting themselves as Junior Designers and sucking up jobs for half the pay of what they are used to.

I know if I can get an interview I can get a job (yes, I am that charming) so its just a wait and see approach. I really like my job now, so this would just be a cool thing to have. I'm pretty good either way! :salute:

MasterShake
06-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Here are some of my web ads for the team store I will be submitting:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/MBS-OnlineProShop.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/MBT-OnlineProShop.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/MR-OnlineProShop.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/BCH-OnlineProShop.jpg

MasterShake
06-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Just sent off my files to be critiqued. Now the waiting game...

Heres my last two pieces. A poster for the team store and a community logo. The logo looks goofy on the jpg in the city (you can see the outlines of my pen tool) but the final I sent in was a vector that looked pristine!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/broncoscommunity.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/broncosposter.png

OhSnap!
06-26-2010, 04:57 AM
loving your work man. you would have to be more than a long shot i wish i could design like that

MasterShake
06-26-2010, 07:49 AM
loving your work man. you would have to be more than a long shot i wish i could design like that

Thank you for the compliment. It would be so cool to be involved with the Broncos on any level, let alone making stuff that everyone at the stadium would see. Eventually I would do the Game Day programs and other things like that. I think they even design the tickets.

NightTrainLayne
06-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Thank you for the compliment. It would be so cool to be involved with the Broncos on any level, let alone making stuff that everyone at the stadium would see. Eventually I would do the Game Day programs and other things like that. I think they even design the tickets.

Wow. That's like a dream. Good luck.

frauschieze
06-26-2010, 12:10 PM
When do you find out? Is there another round or is this the last "test"?

MasterShake
06-26-2010, 12:51 PM
When do you find out? Is there another round or is this the last "test"?

Its a pool of around 20-30 applicants and they will choose a small group to interview. I should get notice of an interview or denial by mid next week since the test was due Monday.

broncophan
06-27-2010, 06:11 PM
wow....that is pretty damn cool!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Northman
06-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Didn't know where to post this, so I'll just put it here. I got past the first round for a graphic design job with the Denver Broncos and have until monday to submit a test! Its a longshot. but I got some free Denver Broncos fonts and a design standards manual for the team. Pretty cool! :salute:

I signed up for alerts through the NFL.com jobs system years ago and this is the first Broncos related job to come through. What a sweet gig if I can land it!

The test consists of making a clipping path on a player, a full page ad for the team store, 4 web tiles, and a custom logo for a Broncos charity. I'll post my work when I'm done.

Great job dude, i hope you get it. :salute: