PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal...Thoughts?

Tebow4Ever
06-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Hello All, I was wanting to start a thread to get some opinions on Eddie Royal.IMO from what Ive heard and read about regarding his college career and ability he should make an impact as a KR/PR and even a slot reciever to start. Honestly, Royal is one of the players that I am most looking forward to see on the field from week 1. I keep reading comments about how in training camp he seems to be "Wowing" the other recievers and is definately out there making some eyecatching plays. Was wondering what everyone else thinks. Will he contribute on offense from the start?

BOSSHOGG30
06-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Hello All, I was wanting to start a thread to get some opinions on Eddie Royal.IMO from what Ive heard and read about regarding his college career and ability he should make an impact as a KR/PR and even a slot reciever to start. Honestly, Royal is one of the players that I am most looking forward to see on the field from week 1. I keep reading comments about how in training camp he seems to be "Wowing" the other recievers and is definately out there making some eyecatching plays. Was wondering what everyone else thinks. Will he contribute on offense from the start?

I've heard the "wowing" with players like Darius Watts, Nate Jackson, Brian Clark, and many others.... I wouldn't buy to much into that hype. As for what Royal will bring, he has potential and we will just have to wait and see. If he keeps his head on straight, works hard, and can stay healthy he should be great.

Tebow4Ever
06-05-2008, 09:19 AM
I've heard the "wowing" with players like Darius Watts, Nate Jackson, Brian Clark, and many others.... I wouldn't buy to much into that hype. As for what Royal will bring, he has potential and we will just have to wait and see. If he keeps his head on straight, works hard, and can stay healthy he should be great.

Good points Boss, I guess Im just hoping for a player to excel the way BMarsh did last year. It would be great watching Jay Cutler having some guys to throw to. They are saying that Darrel Jackson may be able to start if Marshall isnt ready but I dont know that I want to see the offense hanging on to that as a starter.Granted he has some experience but he's never had to catch balls from a QB that can actually throw with some velocity.Hasselback and Smith never gave him that.IMO

underrated29
06-05-2008, 09:21 AM
check my sig.

And he wil be more than a slot wr.

Tebow4Ever
06-05-2008, 09:23 AM
check my sig.

And he wil be more than a slot wr.

I sure hope so. Im definately on the Eddie Royal Bandwagon. Hoping to see him emerge as a reliable WR.

lex
06-05-2008, 09:57 AM
I think we took him too high. I like him as a player though.

haroldthebarrel
06-05-2008, 10:08 AM
my expectations arent very high. 300 yard receiving and a couple of tds in the return game.

I am very excited to see him as a punt returner, as it seems that small receivers who are good punt returners have a much better shot in the transition to receiver.

silkamilkamonico
06-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Anything he contributes as a WR right away is a plus.

WR's rarely step in and contribute as freshmen.

turftoad
06-05-2008, 11:32 AM

We won't contribute much on offense right away. He will contribute in the return game right away.

With the additions of Jackson and Colbert (who I'm not high on either one) will give Royal some time to get comfortible in the offense.

BroncoNut
06-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I like the name alot, it sounds cool, and he has a nice smile.

NightTrainLayne
06-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I like the name alot, it sounds cool, and he has a nice smile.

Nut, your analysis always brings a smile to my face.

BOSSHOGG30
06-05-2008, 11:46 AM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/chief_fan822003/PreCuts/royal.png

honz
06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Well, from that picture you can see that he definitely has a tight butt.

honz
06-05-2008, 11:53 AM
On a more serious note, I have high hopes for Fast Eddie. I doubt he contributes much as a receiver this year, but I definitely look forward to seeing him make people look silly on punt returns.

BOSSHOGG30
06-05-2008, 11:53 AM
I hope he doesn't hold the football like that in a Broncos uniform.

underrated29
06-05-2008, 12:11 PM
That would be a sick madden cover.

yeah- he better not hold the ball like that or we are going to lose lots of balls to the other team. I personally hope we run a lot of 3/4 wr sets this year and rb deep.

It will keep the d honest guarding all our guys and fast ed,stokes and marsh. Plus the rb will have a fair few yards of free space ahead of him. If jay doesnt hit a wr.

tubby
06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Offensive ROY

topscribe
06-05-2008, 01:11 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/chief_fan822003/PreCuts/royal.png

FAST EDDIE!!

We all wanted to stretch the field. He can stretch the field!! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/throckon.gif

-----

Ziggy
06-05-2008, 01:50 PM
If he gives us more than 1 TD in the return game this year, he'll automatically be the best returner the Broncos have had since Rick Upchurch, which unfortunately isn't saying much. How much he will play on offense depends a lot on injuries. If Stokely gets hurt again, I'm guessing Eddie would step into the slot immediately. As far as the #2 receiver goes, he'll have to prove that he's a better commodity at that spot than Colbert and Jackson.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Deltha O'Neal has been our best returner in recent memory.

underrated29
06-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Dont forget about darion gordon. He was one of the better in the league. I remember him taking a few punts and kicks back.

BroncoJoe
06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Didn't Rod Smith take one to the house once or twice?

NightTrainLayne
06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Didn't Rod Smith take one to the house once or twice?

I think once, but I could be wrong.

shank
06-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I think once, but I could be wrong.

yeah, once. he was public about how much he hated returning punts, lol, but the glorious bastage did it anyway.

TXBRONC
06-05-2008, 05:26 PM
We won't contribute much on offense right away. He will contribute in the return game right away.

With the additions of Jackson and Colbert (who I'm not high on either one) will give Royal some time to get comfortible in the offense.

That and the fact that Stokely will be back in the slot will make it hard for him to onto the field with offense.

scott.475
06-05-2008, 05:48 PM
yeah, once. he was public about how much he hated returning punts, lol, but the glorious bastage did it anyway.

Wan't that when O'Neal was having his breakdown? Wasn't that long ago. Was it against Seattle?

shank
06-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Wan't that when O'Neal was having his breakdown? Wasn't that long ago. Was it against Seattle?

yeah, i think deltha was a wr at this point...

it was against the chargers for shizzle (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?game_id=26431&displayPage=tab_box_score&season=2003&week=REG11)

Lonestar
06-05-2008, 06:11 PM
I think the odds of this kid breaking the line up as a rookie are slim to none..

So far in DEN under mikey not one rookie WR save ashley has spent much of any time on the field on game day..

I do not see it happening this year either.. Unless Marshall is toast then he will see more playing time..

TXBRONC
06-05-2008, 06:12 PM
If he gives us more than 1 TD in the return game this year, he'll automatically be the best returner the Broncos have had since Rick Upchurch, which unfortunately isn't saying much. How much he will play on offense depends a lot on injuries. If Stokely gets hurt again, I'm guessing Eddie would step into the slot immediately. As far as the #2 receiver goes, he'll have to prove that he's a better commodity at that spot than Colbert and Jackson.

Don't forget about Darrien Gordon. He was a very good punt returner while he was here.

Watchthemiddle
06-05-2008, 06:12 PM
D. Will was pretty explosive returning Punts.

TXBRONC
06-05-2008, 06:26 PM
D. Will was pretty explosive returning Punts.

Yes he was, it's tragic that we'll never know how good he could have been.

Lonestar
06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Yes he was, it's tragic that we'll never know how good he could have been.

I do not think mikey would have used him much, since he started playing full time his Numbers of returns went down..

mikey has been very reluctant to use starters on STs..

might have been a great ST guy had we had decent CB's