View Full Version : Food you can't stand

gnomeflinger
06-23-2010, 05:09 PM
http://treesflowersbirds.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/spam.jpg

underrated29
06-23-2010, 05:18 PM
MAYONNAISE!!!!!!!!!!

F*** That.

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it!

slim
06-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Sushi

Dreadnought
06-23-2010, 05:29 PM
MAYONNAISE!!!!!!!!!!

F*** That.

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it!

:tsk:

Liver. Lima Beans. Clams. Ketchup. for starters

T.K.O.
06-23-2010, 05:33 PM
BEETS......YUUUUUUUUUUUK !

http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/photofiles/list/2091/2736beet_root.jpg

underrated29
06-23-2010, 05:52 PM

Liver. Lima Beans. Clams. Ketchup. for starters

kETCHUP!?

That is the original. You have to like catsup. ;)

Speaking of that. How in the eff. did mayonnaise kick ketchup out anyway. Mayo is now synonymous with bread and sandwiches. Seriously, wtf, when did that happen? Why?

Why is mayo so important for bread? Butter,Ketchup, BBQ sauce, Peanut butter and jelly, M'fers!!!! Those belong on bread and sandwiches. I now have to specifically request NO MAYO on Everything because it somehow became the standard of Crap!

T.K.O.
06-23-2010, 05:58 PM
and 1/2 the time when you ask for no mayo....they put it on anyway:mad:

gnomeflinger
06-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Ketchup is a standard for sandwiches? Other than burgers and fries, what good is ketchup for?

atwater27
06-23-2010, 06:59 PM
eggplant. effing gross. Just the name egg and plant together is enough to turn my stomach. That and it's gross.

OrangeHoof
06-23-2010, 07:03 PM
When I was a little kid I snuck off with a whole bag of red licorice and got terribly sick to my stomach. Since then, even a whiff of licorice makes me nauseous. I'm allergic to mushrooms (which was the 'meat substitute' at my college dorm cafeteria).

As for foods I hate....eh, there are some but no standouts I can think of. And I will take anything with ketchup on it over anything with mayonnaise or mustard on it.

gnomeflinger
06-23-2010, 07:28 PM
When I was a little kid I snuck off with a whole bag of red licorice and got terribly sick to my stomach. Since then, even a whiff of licorice makes me nauseous. I'm allergic to mushrooms (which was the 'meat substitute' at my college dorm cafeteria).

As for foods I hate....eh, there are some but no standouts I can think of. And I will take anything with ketchup on it over anything with mayonnaise or mustard on it.

Red Vines make me nauseous. Twizzlers don't.

Kapaibro
06-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Mushrooms. I hate the way they feel when you bite them. Ngggggggggggahhhhhh!

Also, I can't drink tequila any more. Student drinking binge with tequila. Even the smell makes me nauseous.

Dreadnought
06-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Ketchup is a standard for sandwiches? Other than burgers and fries, what good is ketchup for?

Caulk? Ant poison? Glue? Other than those I'm at a loss. Its not edible.

Caviar = Gross. Rich people are welcome to it

KCL
06-23-2010, 08:47 PM
FTR I love fried spam...:lol:

I have never eaten liver but it sounds so gross..I won't.
And Dread...no ketchup?

U29-How about kumquats? :D

underrated29
06-23-2010, 10:27 PM

Chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, chicken nuggets/tenders, anything chicken actually is pretty good, brats, I hear mac n cheese but never tried it myself.

Besides a piece of crap what is mayonnaise good for?

KC-cumquats are only for you me lady.:D But I will still devour those artichokes.

BroncoBJ
06-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Cant stand noodles .. or beats really. And another one that I don't like that most people seem to like is tator tots. Cant stand it.

Lotta foods I don't like that much but those ones are def up there. :elefant:

sneakers
06-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Mushrooms

weazel
06-23-2010, 11:31 PM
food I will not touch

beets
flan
frozen pizzas

schnooks1
06-23-2010, 11:43 PM
I hate crawfish to eat but great for bait!
I don't like Cake, ice cream, cupcakes, little debbies... brownies... really anything sweet
Liver and onions (my mom cooked that for my dad a lot...... gross smell in the house for days!)
peanut butter
syrup
pancakes/waffles/french toast

I do like lots of foods.. mostly mexican, Italian but not a HUGE meat eater, though I do love a good fillet!

BroncoWave
06-24-2010, 12:16 AM
I hate almost all condiments: ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce...don't like any of it.

gnomeflinger
06-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Oreos, Peeps, and marshmallows.

Kapaibro
06-24-2010, 01:32 AM
beetroot is actually quite nice when roasted

OrangeHoof
06-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Besides a piece of crap what is mayonnaise good for?

Mayonnaise is the lubricant for people who would otherwise choke on their sandwich - that's all I can figure.

Ketchup is a key ingredient in cocktail sauce (horseradish and lemon juice are the other two) which I eat all the time with fried seafood (shrimp, oysters, catfish...).

broncophan
06-24-2010, 01:52 AM
coconut
pickled eggs
macaroni salad

gnomeflinger
06-24-2010, 02:11 AM
coconut
pickled eggs
macaroni salad

Are pickled eggs the same as deviled eggs? I can't stand deviled eggs. :puke:

broncophan
06-24-2010, 02:14 AM
Are pickled eggs the same as deviled eggs? I can't stand deviled eggs. :puke:

no.....pickled eggs have (I think) vinegar and something else on them that turns them red.....not sure what.....but I absolutely hate it....

gnomeflinger
06-24-2010, 02:30 AM
no.....pickled eggs have (I think) vinegar and something else on them that turns them red.....not sure what.....but I absolutely hate it....

That just sounds nasty.

milehigh
06-24-2010, 03:02 AM
I hate lima beans and rice especially white rice. Im ricist.

Skinny
06-24-2010, 03:47 AM
Collard greens.

drewloc
06-24-2010, 06:43 AM
I absolutely hate cooked spinach, also can't stand asparagus. Both are nasty.

T.K.O.
06-24-2010, 08:56 AM
lentil or split pea soup.......icky !
never tried liver,when i was about 7 yrs old my granfather told me i was,nt leaving the table until i ate the liver and onions he put in front of me......i slept at the table that night until my mom picked me up at about 1 am:laugh:

Dreadnought
06-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Tofu. Suitable food for Hippies, and even there I have my doubts if the monniker "food" should even apply. "Gunk" seems a better description.

slim
06-24-2010, 10:29 AM
lentil or split pea soup.......icky !
never tried liver,when i was about 7 yrs old my granfather told me i was,nt leaving the table until i ate the liver and onions he put in front of me......i slept at the table that night until my mom picked me up at about 1 am:laugh:

Yeah, split pea soup tastes like ass.

I can't believe the hate that mushrooms are getting. Mushrooms are awesome!

Dreadnought
06-24-2010, 10:53 AM

Took me decades to warm up to mushroom - olives too - then the clouds parted, the scales fell from my eyes, and I was finally able to perceive their glory!

The texture is a bit tough to get used to.

KCL
06-24-2010, 11:03 AM

I highfived this for the mushrooms....not the other..I have no idea what pea soup or ass taste like.

slim
06-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Took me decades to warm up to mushroom - olives too - then the clouds parted, the scales fell from my eyes, and I was finally able to perceive their glory!

The texture is a bit tough to get used to.

Mushroom and olives are both yummy.

slim
06-24-2010, 11:19 AM
I highfived this for the mushrooms....not the other..I have no idea what pea soup or ass taste like.

There is no need for you to taste either, please just take my word for it.

underrated29
06-24-2010, 11:19 AM
MMMmmmmmm. Some Giant Portabella mushrooms....Yum.

ok here is my list, not much but it is the stuff most people like so they think its weird:

Mayo, mustard, any salad, any salad dressing, Ranch (almost hate it as much as mayo), coffee, meatloaf(not the band), liver, onions & tomatoes when not part of a sauce or meal, miracle whip, <- apparently there is a difference between it and mayo, tuna, beats, escargo, baked potato, anything from mcdonalds, raw fish---ok i havent tried real sushi yet, but how it could taste better than cooked i do not know.

Thats it.

KCL
06-24-2010, 11:21 AM
There is no need for you to taste either, please just take my word for it.

Oh I do...I do.

weazel
06-24-2010, 12:24 PM

red??? you havent had a good pickled egg then.

a pickled egg is just a hard boiled egg that is pickled in pickle juice. they are quite good. so are deviled!!

gnomeflinger
06-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Plain M&M's

claymore
06-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Carrots and Ketchup. I cant think of any other food, dish or condiment I hate.

frauschieze
06-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Pickled anything. White vinegar in ANYTHING. Miracle Whip. I believe I've ranted on the last one enough here already.

Dreadnought
06-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Pickled anything. White vinegar in ANYTHING. Miracle Whip. I believe I've ranted on the last one enough here already.

Its been a while, and there aren't enough bad things to say about Miracle Whip. It is a tool of Satan's, set to ensnare us. When I see it, I know I am in a bad place and should get myself away from there post haste. Pray, rant on.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Its been a while, and there aren't enough bad things to say about Miracle Whip. It is a tool of Satan's, set to ensnare us. When I see it, I know I am in a bad place and should get myself away from there post haste. Pray, rant on.

OOOOOOOH, I love Miracle Whip - just don't put mayonaise near me

frauschieze
06-24-2010, 05:45 PM

There are only two kinds of people in this world, Carol. Two kinds. I am disappointed to find out you're on the wrong side. :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-24-2010, 05:47 PM
There are only two kinds of people in this world, Carol. Two kinds. I am disappointed to find out you're on the wrong side. :tsk:

Sooooooo - does that mean I will be receiving a Concerning Your Post :D

Dreadnought
06-24-2010, 05:50 PM

Such a sensible woman, too...

Denver Native (Carol)
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM

Such a sensible woman, too...

And how do you think I became so sensible - you guessed it - Miracle Whip :elefant:

GEM
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
I absolutely hate cooked spinach, also can't stand asparagus. Both are nasty.

I love good steamed asparagus, but it has to be fresh.

Hate spinach with a ******* passion.

broncophan
06-24-2010, 05:58 PM

I can remember years ago when I worked at a grocery store.....I dropped a case of miracle whip.....back then they were glass jars......and miracle whip got all over the floor.......and it immediately "ate" the wax right off the floor.I told myself then, I would never eat miracle whip again......not that I am a health nut or anything......it just kind of freaked me out.

T.K.O.
06-24-2010, 06:04 PM
miracle whip is the root of all evil !:tsk:

T.K.O.
06-24-2010, 06:06 PM
I can remember years ago when I worked at a grocery store.....I dropped a case of miracle whip.....back then they were glass jars......and miracle whip got all over the floor.......and it immediately "ate" the wax right off the floor.I told myself then, I would never eat miracle whip again......not that I am a health nut or anything......it just kind of freaked me out.

and mayo would have given the floor a shine you could see yourself in !:beer:
actually i hate both,unless mayo is used properly in potato salad

Kapaibro
06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
I am allergic to coffee, so the smell alone makes me nauseous.

I hate sweet corn fritters. My mother made them once for me. Just once. I had to eat the 2 on my plate, or get the remaining fritters for every meal. Took me about 3 hours to choke them down.

Day1BroncoFan
06-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I second the red beets

http://aromacucina.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/12/roast_beets.jpg

Lonestar
06-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Guess I finally figured out some of the members from what hey do not like.

I will try anything once if for no other reason that I might like it.

I do not like cooked spinach, caviar, olives (had an olive binge at about 12).

Things I do like but rarely eat because no on in the house likes them cooked red beets, liver and onions, miracle whip once I found out what MAyo tasted like.

By the way Butter is not good for you, but place a tub of maragrine in the garbage for a few days you will be pleased to know that EVEN flies will not eat it. SO butter is in the frig at our house used in moderation.

gnomeflinger
06-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Sooooooo - does that mean I will be receiving a Concerning Your Post :D

I think this means that if there is a question on whether you should be banned, and all the evidence stacked for and against you is tied, and the deciding vote is between mayo and Miracle Whip, it's not gonna be good for you. :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-24-2010, 09:35 PM
I think this means that if there is a question on whether you should be banned, and all the evidence stacked for and against you is tied, and the deciding vote is between mayo and Miracle Whip, it's not gonna be good for you. :laugh:

Well - and on top of that, I think I blew up the Game Room - it just keeps freezing up on me :frusty::frusty::frusty::behindsofa::nervous:

OrangeHoof
06-24-2010, 09:52 PM
One thing I won't eat is wasabi. One taste was enough. Looks and tastes like nuclear waste or anti-freeze. Something like that.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-24-2010, 10:06 PM
One thing I won't eat is wasabi. One taste was enough. Looks and tastes like nuclear waste or anti-freeze. Something like that.

What in the heck is wasabi?

T.K.O.
06-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Well - and on top of that, I think I blew up the Game Room - it just keeps freezing up on me :frusty::frusty::frusty::behindsofa::nervous:

naw...i just won all the money and the house does,nt know what to do about it !:beer:

Lonestar
06-24-2010, 10:11 PM

IIRC Korean cabbage hotter than hell.

Kapaibro
06-24-2010, 10:40 PM

it's the green mustard stuff on sushi. It sucks! First time I ate it I thought it was avocado paste!

I used to hate olives, but after living in Spain, I got over that!

Timmy!
06-24-2010, 11:54 PM
All the ketchup and miracle whip hate is sickening. Asparagus is effing horrible.

claymore
06-25-2010, 06:58 AM
All the ketchup and miracle whip hate is sickening. Asparagus is effing horrible.

miracle whip, I hate that to. LOVE ASPARAGUS!!!!!!!

Wasabi is generally sold either in the form of a root which must be very finely grated before use, or as a ready-to-use paste (either real wasabi or a mixture of horseradish, mustard, and food coloring), usually in tubes approximately the size and shape of travel toothpaste tubes.[2] The paste form is usually just horseradish, since fresh wasabi is extremely perishable and more expensive than horseradish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasabi

I didnt know I was getting fake wasabi. I wanna try the real stuff now.

Slick
06-25-2010, 07:27 AM
blue cheese is disgusting, same with plain yellow mustard.

T.K.O.
06-25-2010, 10:34 AM
IIRC Korean cabbage hotter than hell.

japanese horseradish...
funny story about wasabe....
i was driving with a friend once to go golfing and he asked if i had any gum or mints,my mom used to live in japan and she had given me a squeeze tube of pure wasabe (looked like a tube of toothpaste).which i just happened to bring along.
so i said to my buddy "i dont have gum or mints but i just got this "cool mint gel...it's like a breath freshening paste"
the foo....i mean the dude says i'll try some !
so he holds out his finger and i squeeze out about and inch and a half long pile of the stuff....he gleefully inserts the finger full of fiery paste and ......wait for it......he begins to cough and gag....his eyes start to water ...and he begins screaming "WHAT THE F......"
being a concerned friend i start laughing hysterically....:lol:
it was the most awesome "spur of the moment prank !:laugh:

and then after we went golfing (and drinking many beers,no we did not drive after had a hotel at the course) he said "it was'nt that hot it just surprised him.....so.i of course dared him to try it again.and with beer bravado he really loaded up a finger and went for it.....:laugh:
he was once again screaming and running around looking for more beer almost instantaneously:beer:

topscribe
06-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Oysters. I was about 10 years old, and our family was at the Farm Bureau chili
supper. That was a big doin's back then, seeing as how the nearest town,
Grover, Colo., had a population of about 125 if you counted the horse.

Anyway, the dishes of the night were chili and oyster stew. My dad loved oyster
stew. I didn't like the smell of it, so I always opted for chili. But on that fateful
night, my dad talked me into taking a taste, saying that I would really like it.

Ever since that oyster swam down my throat, I have cringed at the thought of
eating oysters.

Now, Rocky Mountain oysters . . . mmmmm . . . :eating:

-----

T.K.O.
06-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Oysters. I was about 10 years old, and our family was at the Farm Bureau chili
supper. That was a big doin's back then, seeing as how the nearest town,
Grover, Colo., had a population of about 125 if you counted the horse.

Anyway, the dishes of the night were chili and oyster stew. My dad loved oyster
stew. I didn't like the smell of it, so I always opted for chili. But on that fateful
night, my dad talked me into taking a taste, saying that I would really like it.

Ever since that oyster swam down my throat, I have cringed at the thought of
eating oysters.

Now, Rocky Mountain oysters . . . mmmmm . . . :eating:

-----

"thou shall not eat BALLS"
T.K.O. 1-1

Lonestar
06-25-2010, 11:16 AM
As I grew up in a poor household it was a lot of mac and cheese and meat and potatos.

When I got an expense acount I tried lots of food that I did not know about as a kid.

My eyes were opened up to lots of tasty foods and found out in a hurry wgat I would pay for out of my own pocket and what I would not.

Love a great salad with crumbled blue cheese, a nice fillet cooked black on the outside MR in the middle.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

topscribe
06-25-2010, 11:20 AM
As I grew up in a poor household it was a lot of mac and cheese and meat and potatos.

When I got an expense acount I tried lots of food that I did not know about as a kid.

My eyes were opened up to lots of tasty foods and found out in a hurry wgat I would pay for out of my own pocket and what I would not.

Love a great salad with crumbled blue cheese, a nice fillet cooked black on the outside MR in the middle.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Fix one of those for Dread . . . with ketchup on it. :lol:

----

Skinny
06-25-2010, 02:33 PM
IIRC Korean cabbage hotter than hell.Kimchi. Hottest food i've ever ate. Burns going down, burns coming out. Never again.

slim
06-25-2010, 02:34 PM
I like kimchi.

It smells like ass, but it tastes good :hungry:

Skinny
06-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah, it doesn't taste bad at all, if you can handle blowing smoke rings out your ass. You are a man amongst boys slim.

Day1BroncoFan
06-25-2010, 04:08 PM
I like kimchi. Not all kimchi is made to burn your ass. Like anything it depends on what the maker puts in the recipe.

weazel
06-25-2010, 04:19 PM
japanese horseradish...
i was driving with a friend once to go golfing and he asked if i had any gum or mints,my mom used to live in japan and she had given me a squeeze tube of pure wasabe (looked like a tube of toothpaste).which i just happened to bring along.
so i said to my buddy "i dont have gum or mints but i just got this "cool mint gel...it's like a breath freshening paste"
so he holds out his finger and i squeeze out about and inch and a half long pile of the stuff....he gleefully inserts the finger full of fiery paste and ......wait for it......he begins to cough and gag....his eyes start to water ...and he begins screaming "WHAT THE F......"

and then after we went golfing (and drinking many beers,no we did not drive after had a hotel at the course) he said "it was'nt that hot it just surprised him.....so.i of course dared him to try it again.and with beer bravado he really loaded up a finger and went for it.....:laugh:
he was once again screaming and running around looking for more beer almost instantaneously:beer:

we used to ahvea chicken wing place here that ahd 100 different flavors or soemthing and oen of them was jsut wasabi. damn they were gross.

NightTrainLayne
06-25-2010, 04:24 PM
japanese horseradish...

I love wasabi. What's really great about it, is that it can burn like the dickens, but then it's just gone. It doesn't linger around all evening like a jalapeno or other chiles.

T.K.O.
06-25-2010, 04:29 PM
I love wasabe. What's really great about it, is that it can burn like the dickens, but then it's just gone. It doesn't linger around all evening like a jalapeno or other chiles.

yeah it's fun !
i do the same thing with pure horseradish and prime rib....load one up heavy and then a few bites without...then in a couple minutes.....go for it again:elefant:

NightTrainLayne
06-25-2010, 04:33 PM
yeah it's fun !
i do the same thing with pure horseradish and prime rib....load one up heavy and then a few bites without...then in a couple minutes.....go for it again:elefant:

I'm not big on the HR on prime rib, but wasabi just "goes" with sushi for me.

Skinny
06-25-2010, 05:08 PM
I like kimchi. Not all kimchi is made to burn your ass. Like anything it depends on what the maker puts in the recipe.Authentic, homemade, Korean, kimchi. If it does'nt burn yer ass then it's just cabbage.

*Atwater*
06-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Pancakes, White Rice, Ketchup on hot dogs :tsk: , pickles, and Mayonnaise.

topscribe
06-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Pancakes, White Rice, Ketchup on hot dogs :tsk: , pickles, and Mayonnaise.

I don't blame you. Sounds like an awful combination . . . :shocked:

-----

Apollo
06-27-2010, 09:07 AM
I hate cheesy stuff...

There are some cheeses that are less cheesy and more salty, these are okay.

But everything else is *puke*.

Cutler5280
06-29-2010, 12:19 PM

I would high five you a Billion times if I could ...

Beets are terrible

underrated29
06-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Was gonna put this in the suck thread, but then this one popped upl...

Just got back from burger king...My plain chicken sandwich. was not so plain. I said NO FREAKING MAYONNAISE!!!!

WHAT THE F is so hard about this. And why is it a standard on a dam chicken!? And why can't they speak english so they get my order right.

NightTrainLayne
06-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Sweet Potatoes. I simply cannot eat them. It's the texture more than the flavor. Just can't do it.

Dreadnought
06-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Sweet Potatoes. I simply cannot eat them. It's the texture more than the flavor. Just can't do it.

The flavor is gross too. They aren't actually food

frauschieze
06-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Sweet potatoes, when cut into thin fries, seasoned, and deep fried, then dunked in sauce, they are acceptable as food.

BroncoNut
06-29-2010, 02:43 PM
There's no food that comes to mind that I would say I can't stand. there's got to be something though. I guess I'm not too big on raw Marshmallows.

BroncoNut
06-29-2010, 02:46 PM

I effin love beets. The ones I get at the salad bar I go to anyway. the guy I go there with told me that he used to eat a lot of beets and it made his semen red. It scared him when that happened, but the doc asked him if he ate a lot of beets and he said yes he did and the doc said that was why

Dreadnought
06-29-2010, 02:52 PM
I effin love beets. The ones I get at the salad bar I go to anyway. the guy I go there with told me that he used to eat a lot of beets and it made his semen red. It scared him when that happened, but the doc asked him if he ate a lot of beets and he said yes he did and the doc said that was why

Well see now that is something I never knew before. Thank you for that pearl of wisdom, Nut. I'll try to remember it

claymore
06-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Well, I know what im doing this weekend. Eatting Beets and jacking off.

T.K.O.
06-29-2010, 02:55 PM

so in other words you have 2 things to this weekend...instead of the usual 1:D

claymore
06-29-2010, 02:58 PM
so in other words you have 2 things to this weekend...instead of the usual 1:D

That was a wicked burn TKO! :mad:

T.K.O.
06-29-2010, 03:00 PM
That was a wicked burn TKO! :mad:

"wicked burn" ? i thought you used astro glide ?;)
i think the term you are looking for is "BEET-ing off":laugh:
i got a million of em'

BroncoNut
06-29-2010, 03:01 PM
that's what he told me. asparagus makes your pee smell funnier than it usually does, so it makes sense to me. I'm going to research it.

claymore
06-29-2010, 03:05 PM
that's what he told me. asparagus makes your pee smell funnier than it usually does, so it makes sense to me. I'm going to research it.

I cant believe you havent looked at giz under a microsope. Thats the first thing Id do.

BroncoNut
06-29-2010, 03:11 PM
I cant believe you havent looked at giz under a microsope. Thats the first thing Id do.

I don't have a microscope at home and I don't collect specimens at work.

You remind me of a story though. My little brother got a microscope when he was oh. shall we say, at that age. me and my sister asked him what he looked at under it. He said fingernails and boogers. When my sis was gone he said nut, do you know what else I look at under the scope? (Gee, I wonder..... ). Yep, semen.

claymore
06-29-2010, 03:14 PM
I don't have a microscope at home and I don't collect specimens at work.

You remind me of a story though. My little brother got a microscope when he was oh. shall we say, at that age. me and my sister asked him what he looked at under it. He said fingernails and boogers. When my sis was gone he said nut, do you know what else I look at under the scope? (Gee, I wonder..... ). Yep, semen.

What'd he find on the boogers?

BroncoNut
06-29-2010, 03:16 PM
What'd he find on the boogers?

I don't know. that was a long time ago. I don't think I asked. I can't imagine anything too intersting.

topscribe
06-29-2010, 04:33 PM

I had a teacher by the name of Jack Hoff. I'm not kidding.

I don't know how he made it through life . . . :shocked:

-----

T.K.O.
06-30-2010, 02:57 PM
1/8/2009 9:21:00 AM
Jack Hoff

Hoff http://www.norfolkdailynews.com/SiteImages/Article/14161a.jpg

Jack H. Hoff of Norfolk will celebrate his 80th birthday with an open house on Saturday, Jan. 10, from 2 to 4 p.m. at Bank of the West, 602 Norfolk Ave. (side door). The event will be hosted by his children. His family includes his wife, Naomi, and children and their spouses, Tom and Rogene Hoff, John and Diane Hoff, Mike and Donna Hoff, Pat and Bethene Hoff and RoseAnn and Larry Janssen, all of Norfolk, Christine and Mike Anson of Clearwater and Sharon and David Schwartz of Harlan, Iowa. He has 12 grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. Cards will reach him at 2412 Westside Ave., Norfolk, NE 68701. His birthday is Jan. 9.

BroncoNut
06-30-2010, 03:01 PM
1/8/2009 9:21:00 AM
Jack Hoff

Hoff http://www.norfolkdailynews.com/SiteImages/Article/14161a.jpg

Jack H. Hoff of Norfolk will celebrate his 80th birthday with an open house on Saturday, Jan. 10, from 2 to 4 p.m. at Bank of the West, 602 Norfolk Ave. (side door). The event will be hosted by his children. His family includes his wife, Naomi, and children and their spouses, Tom and Rogene Hoff, John and Diane Hoff, Mike and Donna Hoff, Pat and Bethene Hoff and RoseAnn and Larry Janssen, all of Norfolk, Christine and Mike Anson of Clearwater and Sharon and David Schwartz of Harlan, Iowa. He has 12 grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. Cards will reach him at 2412 Westside Ave., Norfolk, NE 68701. His birthday is Jan. 9.

I'm going to send that 'JackHoff" a birthday card. January 9th, the day before my dad's bday (whose also a "JackHoff" btw).

Anyway, back to topic homos. I don't really care for pate'

Dreadnought
06-30-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm going to send that 'JackHoff" a birthday card. January 9th, the day before my dad's bday (whose also a "JackHoff" btw).

Anyway, back to topic homos. I don't really care for pate'

Pate has the look and smell of 9-Lives about it. Possibly Super Supper

BroncoNut
06-30-2010, 03:10 PM

I didn't even know 9 lives was still manufactured. That was with Morris the cat wasn't it?

topscribe
06-30-2010, 03:11 PM

Hmmm . . . my cat likes Super Supper straight.

Me, I can't stand the stuff unless I have some dark Karo syrup to put on it . . .

-----

T.K.O.
06-30-2010, 03:36 PM
I didn't even know 9 lives was still manufactured. That was with Morris the cat wasn't it?

i'm pretty sure it came in a variety of flavors...fish,chicken,beef etc...
but not "with morris the cat":D
sorry

T.K.O.
06-30-2010, 03:55 PM
http://www.headlinehumor.com/images/headlines/h8.jpg

Buff
08-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Sushi, bologna, bratwursts, sauerkraut, blue cheese, plain yellow mustard (honey or dijon is ok) and most wild game (deer, elk, pheasant, etc.).

Of all those, sauerkraut has got to be the worst. I am grossed out when people shovel rotten cabbage into their mouths. It literally smells rotten.

Dirk
08-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Sushi, bologna, bratwursts, sauerkraut, blue cheese, plain yellow mustard (honey or dijon is ok) and most wild game (deer, elk, pheasant, etc.).

Of all those, sauerkraut has got to be the worst. I am grossed out when people shovel rotten cabbage into their mouths. It literally smells rotten.

haha! I love sauerkraut and polish sausage. That's good eatin!

Nomad
08-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Most Italian food! I'll eat spagetti or pizza but does that count!!

slim
08-18-2010, 06:01 PM

You don't like brats or kraut?

I don't think our e-lationship is strong enough to take something like this.

Jaws
08-18-2010, 06:12 PM
If any beet haters have some to give away I'll have it to make juice.

I don't like turnips and swedes, boiled carrots-unless their fresh from the garden,boiled white cabbage or cauliflower-a pointless tasteless veg.

Don't like custard either.

frauschieze
08-18-2010, 06:26 PM
What the heck are swedes?

Besides peeps from Sweden.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2010, 06:31 PM
What the heck are swedes?

Besides peeps from Sweden.

I had no clue either, apparently they are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutabaga

The rutabaga, swede (from Swedish turnip), or yellow turnip (Brassica napobrassica, or Brassica napus var. napobrassica, or Brassica napus subsp. rapifera) is a root vegetable that originated as a cross between the cabbage and the turnip. The roots are prepared for food in a variety of ways, and its leaves can also be eaten as a leaf vegetable.

Tned
08-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Eggs with salmonella

Overtime
08-19-2010, 01:27 AM
spinach
cauliflower
beets
cabbage
cranberries
tomatoes
enchiladas
caviar
liver
brisket
roast beef
cherries (except in pie)
italian dressing (for salads)
pickles
mustard
relish
almonds
pecans
coconut (strangely i like the cocunut doughnuts in the package you get at the convenience store)
spam

Jaws
08-19-2010, 03:50 AM
Frau and Carol, I don't like to eat people from Sweden either.
I find Scandinavians a little too under seasoned!

Nomad
08-24-2010, 10:26 AM
water chesnuts :yuck:

frauschieze
08-24-2010, 10:29 AM
water chesnuts :yuck:

Those are a sad excuse for food. No flavor and their texture is horrendous.

broncofaninfla
08-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Anything with onions. Can't stomach liver either...

Buff
08-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Those are a sad excuse for food. No flavor and their texture is horrendous.

Water Chestnuts are awesome. I like the texture - nice little crunch. One of the best appetizers ever is water chestnuts wrapped in bacon & cooked in BBQ sauce.

slim
08-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Water Chestnuts are awesome. I like the texture - nice little crunch. One of the best appetizers ever is water chestnuts wrapped in bacon & cooked in BBQ sauce.

You like water chestnuts but not bratwurst?

I don't know what to say to that.

Dreadnought
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
You like water chestnuts but not bratwurst?

I don't know what to say to that.

Buff is an odd young man, Slim. Likeable and charismatic, certainly, but he clearly has some strange deviant tastes in some areas. Which areas? Not for me to say, not for me to condemn, and certainly not for discussion here. Water chestnuts over brats and sauerkraut though, clearly qualifies.

slim
08-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Buff is an odd young man, Slim. Likeable and charismatic, certainly, but he clearly has some strange deviant tastes in some areas. Which areas? Not for me to say, not for me to condemn, and certainly not for discussion here. Water chestnuts over brats and sauerkraut though, clearly qualifies.

Yes, sometimes I hate him....but sometimes I love him (not in gay way).

I have the same type of love/hate relationship with tofu.

frauschieze
08-24-2010, 03:41 PM

I'd eat that....minus the water chestnuts and BBQ sauce.

One of the most horrible appetizers ever are bacon wrapped, cream cheese filled jalapenos. They always smell SOOOOO delicious, they lure me into thinking they will be scrumptious and I always end up eating one and coming to the realization, yet again, that I do not like jalapenos AT ALL. The bacon and cheesy goodness is not enough to make up for that atrocity of a pepper.

Buff
08-24-2010, 04:14 PM

Personally, I would classify the people eating fermented cabbage as the deviants in this instance, but who am I to judge?

Nomad
08-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Personally, I would classify the people eating fermented cabbage as the deviants in this instance, but who am I to judge?

sauerkraut:yuck:

Buff
08-24-2010, 04:16 PM
I'd eat that....minus the water chestnuts and BBQ sauce.

One of the most horrible appetizers ever are bacon wrapped, cream cheese filled jalapenos. They always smell SOOOOO delicious, they lure me into thinking they will be scrumptious and I always end up eating one and coming to the realization, yet again, that I do not like jalapenos AT ALL. The bacon and cheesy goodness is not enough to make up for that atrocity of a pepper.

This might get me kicked off the boards, but jalapenos > green chiles.

I'm not opposed to green chile per se, but I can think of more dishes that I like w/ japs than green chile.

BigDaddyBronco
08-24-2010, 04:18 PM
this might get me kicked off the boards, but jalapenos > green chiles.

I'm not opposed to green chile per se, but i can think of more dishes that i like w/ japs than green chile.
gfy.

Rex
08-24-2010, 04:18 PM

I'm not opposed to green chile per se, but I can think of more dishes that I like w/ japs than green chile.

kweer.

Buff
08-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Wait a second...

Rex
08-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Wait a second...

uh huh.

That's right biatch.

BigDaddyBronco
08-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Wait a second...
Pwned.

Buff
08-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Well I'll be damned...

frauschieze
08-24-2010, 04:22 PM

I rescind my previous invitation re: room and board.

It's like I don't know you at all anymore.

slim
08-24-2010, 04:23 PM
I have been keeping a list of all of buff's likes and dislikes.

It is pretty concerning, when taken as a whole.

BigDaddyBronco
08-24-2010, 04:25 PM
I have been keeping a list of all of buff's likes and dislikes.

It is pretty concerning, when taken as a whole.
Did you put AV7 on the list?

slim
08-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Did you put AV7 on the list?

Of course.

I have been stalking buff for awhile now.

Dreadnought
08-24-2010, 04:29 PM

Sauerkraurt is pickled cabbage, not fermented. the Koreans eat the fermented stuff, but then they also eat dogs.

So there

BigDaddyBronco
08-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Of course.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Buff
08-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Of course.

I probably should have considered this before moving to Phoenix.

slim
08-24-2010, 04:32 PM
I probably should have considered this before moving to Phoenix.

Say what now?

Buff
08-24-2010, 04:34 PM
You heard me.

I'm reppin' the 602 ahwatukee style.

slim
08-24-2010, 04:36 PM
You heard me.

I'm reppin' the 602 ahwatukee style.

Welcome to the desert.

I am going to need proof of your residency/immigration status.

Buff
08-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the desert.

I am going to need proof of your residency/immigration status.

I left one desert for the only place in America that is hotter. Vegas forecast: 107 degrees. Phoenix: 111 degrees.

This place is not fit for man nor beast.

slim
08-24-2010, 04:39 PM
I left one desert for the only place in America that is hotter. Vegas forecast: 107 degrees. Phoenix: 111 degrees.

This place is not fit for man nor beast.

Did you land a job here?

Or are you stalking me?

GEM
08-24-2010, 04:42 PM

Buff eats japs. Those women have names, Buff. Geez.

gnomeflinger
08-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Sauerkraurt is pickled cabbage, not fermented. the Koreans eat the fermented stuff, but then they also eat dogs.

So there

A customer of my husband is an Asian guy, who named his dog Stir-Fry. :lol:

GEM
08-25-2010, 02:29 PM
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is when you go to the chinese places, they have these little octopus. THose things are effing nasty. My daughter loves em. Tried them once and had to politely spit it into a napkin. BLECH!! I don't like sushi either. Usually the seaweed crap does me in.

BroncoNut
08-25-2010, 02:36 PM
korean food is alot of squid IIRC. I wasnt' too big on that. kinda chewy

Day1BroncoFan
08-25-2010, 04:54 PM
I like the Korean BBQ and bulgogi is pretty good. Have you ever went to a Korean resturant where you cook your own food right at the table? Can be very good and you get all you can eat for a per person price. You don't have to eat the eel and octopus.

Jaws
08-25-2010, 05:24 PM
I love squid and seaweed.
Nori, kombu and wakame are my favourite seaweeds.
I'll eat hijicki and arame now and then as well. Very nutritious.
I think I'm in the wrong thread!

Dreadnought
09-24-2010, 02:30 PM
I've never had Shirako, and I promise I never will. I'm curious if anyone here has tried this stuff?

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2009/disgusting-delicacies-p12.php

It is in fact Codfish sperm, and it looks just as gross as it sounds. Who the Hell ever thought to eat this stuff to begin with?!

OrangeHoof
09-24-2010, 03:11 PM
I wonder who gets the job of jerking off the cod? Maybe it's the same guy who makes crab balls. :lol: