PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report predictions on Eddie Royal

Dean
06-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Here is what they have to say.

Bleacher Report

If you're looking for 11 sleepers, and some riveting in-depth analysis, well you have come to the right place.
Representing 8 teams, here are 11 of the NFL's 2010 Wide Receiver sleepers.
When it comes to WR Sleepers speed is a virtual necessity; especially for rookies looking to break into GM's fantasy drafts.
Speed will not only give the player an advantage to make it on the roster, given most coaches are well aware of the premium speed adds to the team, but it will also give the receiver an opportunity to possess a multifaceted role in regards to their ability to be able to participate in the kick return game.
Having a sleeper who is racking up yards and TD's on both units... Priceless~!!
Devin Aromashodu
Armanti Edwards
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Eddie Royal
Jeremy Maclin
Mike Wallace
Honorable Mentions
Kenny Britt
Antonio Brown
Early Doucet
Emmanuel Sanders
Blair White

Eddie Royal:Broncos

Eddie Royal has a strong hold on both the punt and kick return jobs

Eddie Royal has been spending the bulk of his offseason time working out. He too looks to be taking a "Wes Welker" type role in the slot.

After a terrible sophomore slump that caused Royal to dip to 37 receptions for 345 yards. This after lighting up my fantasy team the year before. He along with Chris Johnson and Desean Jackson, helped me overcome losing Tom Brady that year.

However last season Royal did not have one TD to speak of.

Josh McDaniels' very complex scheme, a scheme that has kept Brady Quinn and Tim Tebow out of the hunt for the starting role, looks to have played a huge role in Royals disappearance last season.

However, McDaniels expects Eddie Royal to bounce back this season.

“I don’t know, it’s tough to say,” Royal said about his quiet 2009 season. “It was everybody’s first year in the offense everybody was adjusting.”

"I think he's a smart player, a versatile player (and) a guy that we need to do better with," McDaniels said. "We didn't do a good enough job of getting Eddie involved in the offense in certain games and we have to do a better job of that. He is certainly capable."

“I think a lot of the guys are understanding the system and terminology, they have less questions than they had a year ago,” McDaniels said.

"There are a few players, obviously, the productivity maybe the year before they did not match it again last year. We are not happy about that either. Eddie Royal is kind of the same way, we want those players to continue to work and try to get better at what they do and then we need to try to find a way to integrate them in because they are all skillful players who do good things with the football in their hands." McDaniels said.

“We don’t think about pressure,” Royal said. “Our focus on the offense is everybody do their job and we’ll be OK.”

Orton said, "I just think a lot of it was I was new to him, he was new to me and we just kind of ... we missed some plays." Orton predicted Royal was "going to have a great year this year."

Copyright © 2010 Bleacher Report, Inc.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/409967-the-2010-nfl-wr-sleepers#page/5

T.K.O.
06-23-2010, 05:10 PM
go eddie go.....i hope he bust's 1000 yds this year:elefant:

tomjonesrocks
06-23-2010, 08:15 PM
If we're actually talking fantasy football here--I prefer to actually win my fantasy leagues. Thus I won't come within 100 feet of any Bronco on my team this year. The only player that has any appeal at all *might* be Moreno and I was sorry I drafted him last year (going down the stretch he was worthless--thankfully I got Jamaal Charles on the wire to cover for Moreno's fading or my season would have been sunk). I'm far from convinced he'll be any better this year despite some optimistic write-ups lately.

I don't see any individual Broncos WR putting up numbers this season am sorry to say. Royal vs the best corner on opposing teams' rosters? I don't think so. Deep sleeper is right. We're going to have "Lots of #1 WRs" this year :rolleyes:

*Maybe* I would take Prater as my last pick in the draft. In the thin air and with our inept offense I figure lots of settling for field goals might occur. That's about it though.

gobroncsnv
06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
I like Eddie, and I think he'll do just fine this year. Very nimble, quick out of his cuts, and will only be better in his second year in this offense, 3rd year in the league. Thanks, Dean.

Bosco
06-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Royal vs the best corner on opposing teams' rosters? I don't think so. Not very many teams use their top corners to shadow the opponent's top receiver anymore. Hell, I don't think Denver has done that with any regularity since Coyer was here.

Anyways, that doesn't matter much. With the way McDaniels is going to use Royal and his alignment in different formations he will be going up against everyone from linebackers to safeties, to corners and nickelbacks.

If Wes Welker can do it, than so can Royal, who is athletically superior in just about every way.