PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2008 Special Teams

Ziggy
06-04-2008, 02:37 PM
In our 4th weekly installment of offseason roster predictions, let's take a crack at special teams. Predict the starters and backups at P,PK,PR, and KOR.
Here's mine:

P- Brett Kern
PK- Garrett Hartley
PR- Eddie Royal
KOR- Eddie Royal, Anthony Alridge

I going to go out on a limb here and say that Alridge will break a couple of big returns in the preseason and earn his spot on the team as backup punt returner and 2nd KO returner. With the infusion of youth and talent both through the draft and free agency, I'm hoping that our special teams become special this season. Oh how I miss the days of watching Rick Upchurch scare teams with his ability to change the momentum of the game with every return.

I know that most in this forum are on the Prater bandwagon because of his leg strength, but I don't see him making a high enough percentage of kicks to stick around. Ideally, he remedies his accuracy problems in the preseason and gives a FG kicker with the ability to put a good portion of his KO's in the endzone. If not, Hartley has been a fairly accurate kicker in college and has a strong enough leg to be servicable on kickoffs. I don't see Shanny keeping 3 kickers again.

BOSSHOGG30
06-04-2008, 02:43 PM
P- Danny Baugher
PK- Matt Prater
PR- Eddie Royal, Jack Williams
KOR- Eddie Royal, Jack Williams

shank
06-04-2008, 02:43 PM
baugher, prater, royal, hall

Ziggy
06-04-2008, 02:44 PM
P- Danny Baugher
PK- Matt Prater
PR- Eddie Royal, Jack Williams
KOR- Eddie Royal, Jack Williams

Well at least we agree on Royal. :laugh:

underrated29
06-04-2008, 02:47 PM
um i know nothing about the kickers so i got to say.

pr- royal, aldrige
kr-hall-aldrige

Requiem / The Dagda
06-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Gunners get you extra points if guessed correctly. :lol:

shank
06-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Gunners get you extra points if guessed correctly. :lol:

jack williams and josh barrett

BOSSHOGG30
06-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Special Teams Gunner: Josh Barrett

underrated29
06-04-2008, 03:42 PM
gunner- leach- even though he is snapping he always gets their first anyhow...but i would say barret or woodyard ( is he fast?)

Den21vsBal19
06-04-2008, 03:52 PM
gunner- leach- even though he is snapping he always gets their first anyhow...but i would say barret or woodyard ( is he fast?)
Leach really does have an amazingly uncanny ability to get to where he needs to be............

Although maybe that's the problem....................if your snapper's first man to the returner, somebody ain't doin' their job right

Lonestar
06-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Leach really does have an amazingly uncanny ability to get to where he needs to be............

Although maybe that's the problem....................if your snapper's first man to the returner, somebody ain't doin' their job right

amen brother your preaching to the choir.. maybe the new guy ST coach can fix that..

Den21vsBal19
06-04-2008, 07:15 PM
amen brother your preaching to the choir.. maybe the new guy ST coach can fix that..
He didn't seem to do much to change things last year.....................

Lonestar
06-04-2008, 07:16 PM
He didn't seem to do much to change things last year.....................

look what he had to work with.. hixon, elam and after that not much there..

Den21vsBal19
06-04-2008, 07:23 PM
look what he had to work with.. hixon, elam and after that not much there..
That is very true..................at least he knows exactly what he needs to do now :O