SS- (43)Hill/(44)Bruton/(45)Barrett
CB- (46)Champ/(47)Goodman/(48)Nathan Jones/(49)Perrish Cox/(50)Alphonso Smith

P- (51)Colquitt
K-(52)Prater
LS- (53)Paxton

KR- Arrington/Royal
PR- Cox/Royal

PUP- D.REID/E. DECKER

PS. RB Lance Ball/WR Matt Willis/CB Tony Carter/CB Synquan Thompson/LB Jamie kirlew/OL Eric Olsen/OL Stanley Daniels

Nomad
06-22-2010, 07:32 AM
I hope Decker was worth the pick. He seems to be an injury waiting to happen and I'm not to fond of drafting a player and seeing them on PUP!!

Thanks INC! Looking foward to the season!

Elevation inc
06-22-2010, 07:42 AM
I hope Decker was worth the pick. He seems to be an injury waiting to happen and I'm not to fond of drafting a player and seeing them on PUP!!

Thanks INC! Looking foward to the season!

meh i think he will be good 2 go by the time we need to make a decision on him.....kinda reminds me of what we did with carlton powell and torain after we drafted them....deckers a much better prospect though....

Nomad
06-22-2010, 07:51 AM
meh i think he will be good 2 go by the time we need to make a decision on him.....kinda reminds me of what we did with carlton powell and torain after we drafted them....deckers a much better prospect though....

Well, we know how Torrain worked out!:lol: I hope it works out and he plays up to his ability without injury, though once injury prone always injury prone!!

T.K.O.
06-22-2010, 10:23 AM
where's my man..... Syd'Quan Thompson ?
gonna lead the league in PR's:salute:

dogfish
06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
i would high-five that post, but i can't high-five anything that has quinn ahead of tebow. . . :lol: looks about right otherwise. . .

Bosco
06-22-2010, 02:16 PM
The Z receiver (slot guy) is actually the #2, with Gaffney as the #3.

McKinley will be Royal's backup, Decker will backup Gaffney and Stokley is likely a goner.

nevcraw
06-22-2010, 09:45 PM

McKinley will be Royal's backup, Decker will backup Gaffney and Stokley is likely a goner.

i hate to say it b/c I hate to see him go but agreed - Stokes could be gone..

Elevation inc
06-23-2010, 04:44 AM

so you think;)....but your wrong.....lol....decker will be PUP and is not close to backing up gaffney.....Mckinnely isnt a good fit actually for the slot....he struggles in traffic.....royal and decker and stokes don't....stokes may be up there in age and this most likely will be his last year in denver, but he still is clutch....decker aint proved crap yet...he hasnt even run routes yet in OTA's

hamrob
06-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Decker is special and his potential is huge. Go back and take a look at all the catches made in College. He's the real deal. He'll get healthy. If it wasn't for his foot injury, he would have been a high 2nd. I don't see him sitting on the PUP list.

I agree with Quinn being 2nd, but I could see him taking the starting gig away from Kyle if and when he struggles. Tebow needs at least a year to develop.

TXBRONC
06-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Where's Chris Baker? I don't think he will get cut.

TXBRONC
06-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Never mind I see him.

Elevation inc
06-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Decker is special and his potential is huge. Go back and take a look at all the catches made in College. He's the real deal. He'll get healthy. If it wasn't for his foot injury, he would have been a high 2nd. I don't see him sitting on the PUP list.

I agree with Quinn being 2nd, but I could see him taking the starting gig away from Kyle if and when he struggles. Tebow needs at least a year to develop.

jesus.....yes decker is special and has good talent but he wasnt even running routes yet, he was doing walk throughs in OTA's and was 85% in running straight lines you think he is ready for contact and routes by TC???? i dont think so....i think he will be limited most of TC, and thats not including knowing the system....mental reps are one thing but you dont get a real feel for a system untill you do it full speed live in pads....which he isnt even ready for yet....and as a result he will be PUP.....you act like the PUP is a bad thing its actually a great thing we can make sure he is ready healthwise without forcing him to play and risking a re-injury which is very possible as lisfrancs are very tricky injuries unlike DT's foot injury.....

Lonestar
06-23-2010, 01:21 PM

the reason why Decker goes PUP is to protect him until we see how the healing works and if he can get the routes down.

It gives him an additional 6 weeks IIRC before they have to make up their minds what to do with him.

If the foot is good to go the still may IR him to get him more time protected from other teams

There is very little doubt in my mind this kid will not be the next Eddie Mac

Bosco
06-23-2010, 10:45 PM
so you think;)....but your wrong.....lol....decker will be PUP and is not close to backing up gaffney Who else would backup Gaffney? Decker is the only one currently on the roster with that skillset.

.....Mckinnely isnt a good fit actually for the slot....he struggles in traffic... That's exactly what McKinley is. He's not tall enough for the X spot and doesn't have the bulk needed for the Y spot. He is quick though, which is what you want in a slot receiver.

McKinley is extremely quick off the ball, runs great routes, and has breakaway speed with a 4.40 time in the 40-yard dash. McKinley will probably have to bulk up a little bit to be a major factor at the next level, but with that speed he could be a standout slot receiver and a significant contributor on special teams. A third or fourth round pick appears likely as long as he stays healthy.

Elevation inc
06-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Who else would backup Gaffney? Decker is the only one currently on the roster with that skillset.

That's exactly what McKinley is. He's not tall enough for the X spot and doesn't have the bulk needed for the Y spot. He is quick though, which is what you want in a slot receiver.

You will see with decker...i know we all love to hail rookies who haven't done anything, but the guy hasnt even run routes yet and is 85% only , and we are making him a lock to back-up somebody on the 53..???? quite funny......

PUP.....you heard it here first:beer:

Bosco
06-24-2010, 12:55 AM
You will see with decker...i know we all love to hail rookies who haven't done anything, but the guy hasnt even run routes yet and is 85% only , and we are making him a lock to back-up somebody on the 53..???? quite funny...... I don't need to see him run routes in camp to know how his skillset will translate to the pros.

PUP.....you heard it here first:beer: Even if that's the case, his role once he gets on the field will be backing up and eventually replacing Gaffney.

Elevation inc
06-24-2010, 01:05 AM
I don't need to see him run routes in camp to know how his skillset will translate to the pros.

Even if that's the case, his role once he gets on the field will be backing up and eventually replacing Gaffney.

right here we go....

MCD--"hey decker you cant run routes yet full speed and dont have the full grasp of the offense, and i know your just coming off a serious injury, but hey screw it you got a spot on the 53 and will be active week 1, no worry if you get hurt again"

Decker--"Thanks coach, cant wait till you see what i can do when i can actually start running again....gonna be a few weeks still to get back to running full speed let alone routes, but hey you da man coach"

Lloyd and Stokes--"Dude whats with MCd he is cutting 1 of us for a third rd draft pick that aint even practicing or running with the team yet...So much for fair treatment"

Again....decker is a PUP canidate and i would also wager wwhen he does come off PUP he still wont be backing up Gaffney....if gaffney goes down i pretty certain Mckinnely or lloyd takes gaffney's spot before decker.....

only reason DT will start as a rookie is because MCD will force his first rd pick much like he did with moreno last year.....Mckinnely had a very good TC last year, but how many games did he play as a WR during the season???? even with royal and stokes struggling....im telling you right now i would be very suprised to see MCD rush decker into action....he doesnt do that with rookies unless its neccesity(walton/Beadles) or there a first rd pick(DT/Moreno)

i like the decker pick....but i just dont see the need to rush him from a serious injury.....i dont even see the need to rush DT on the field i think royal/gaffney and lloyd are quite competent to do a very great job for us....sprinkle in stokes on some third downs and mckinnely here and there, and well i think we will be just fine...

Bosco
06-24-2010, 01:29 AM
I don't see what your issue is. I've readily recognized that Decker may very well start out on the PUP.

Elevation inc
06-24-2010, 02:49 AM
I don't see what your issue is. I've readily recognized that Decker may very well start out on the PUP.

really??? cause your first post that started our friendly banter....stated decker would back-up gaffney and stokes is gone.....doesnt seem to me to be a recognition of decker going to the PUP....

OrangeHoof
06-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Such an underwhelming roster. Looks like 6-10 to me.

Elevation inc
06-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Such an underrated roster. Looks like 10-6 to me.

FIXED......:lol::beer: i knew you could see the light

xzn
06-27-2010, 06:07 AM
You only list 8 OL which is at least one too few IMO.

Also, Alphonso Smith 5th on the depth chart is unlikely. He's had a year to get up to NFL speed and is far more talented than Cox, Thompson and Jones.

Those are my two problems with your list other than the uncertainty about Decker...

Elevation inc
06-28-2010, 03:20 AM
You only list 8 OL which is at least one too few IMO.

Also, Alphonso Smith 5th on the depth chart is unlikely. He's had a year to get up to NFL speed and is far more talented than Cox, Thompson and Jones.

Those are my two problems with your list other than the uncertainty about Decker...

fair enough...however Smith hasn't shown he is that guy yet when he does i belive he will be more than 5th then...but as of june 22nd in my mind he is behind both nate jones and perrish cox.....

as for 8 OL we ran with only 8 most of the time last year.....we have such a versatile OL the need to have nine or ten OL isnt a need....