PDA

View Full Version : OmanePrimeTime 2010: Fantasy Football League

Northman
06-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Alright its that time again folks. I currently have 2 spots left for the league this year so if you want to join here is the info. Its a free Yahoo league.

ID: 64906
Pass: 123456

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....mb=q74ILWgJfhn (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinleague?.scrumb=q74ILWgJfhn)

Northman
06-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Also a added note here:

As of right now this is the draft order but is subject to change. The only guarantee is the first two positions and 8,9, and 10th positions.

1. Gunn's Gunn's
2. Miami Sharks
3. random
4. random
5. random
6. random
7. random
8. Baneful Genesis
9. The C**t Smashers
10. Gods of Wrath

So for Tned, Goldfish, Beasts, Eye am (who has yet to join the invite), and the last spot will be done picking out of a hat but will fall between 3-7 selections.

For those who are not familiar with this league ive been doing it since 07' and these are the past champions.

09' Gods of Wrath
08' Tned's Brawlers
07' Baneful Genesis

FanInAZ
06-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Just signed up, AZ Steamrollers! (1 slot left)

Northman
06-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Ok, list is full now. Thanks for all those participating this year. :)

Devilspawn
06-26-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm in as Beast By The Pound.

Northman
06-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Awesome! Not only do i look forward to the Broncos beating your ass but i can do it in FF too! Woohoo! lmao

Just giving you a hard time. :)

Northman
07-07-2010, 03:51 PM
I have one more spot open for anyone who is interested.

Northman
07-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Still have one spot open for this year's fantasy league.

broncophan
07-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Still have one spot open for this year's fantasy league.

I am in.......thanks.....

Northman
07-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Not a problem. :)

Northman
07-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Here is the draft order:

1. Gunn's Gunns
2. Miami Sharks
3. Goldfish of Doom
4. Beast by the Pound
5. Tned's Brawlers
6. AZ Steamrollers
7. Broncophan's Team
8. Baneful Genesis
9. The **** Smashers
10. Gods of Wrath

Northman
08-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Just a reminder, this saturday is the online draft at 6pm Est.

Devilspawn
08-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Shit I won't make it. I'll be heading back from the inlaws without a computer. Time to set my rankings.

Northman
08-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Just a last reminder here, the draft starts in one hour.

FanInAZ
08-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I've had a tab open to the FF site for about the last 5 hours.

Northman
08-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I've had a tab open to the FF site for about the last 5 hours.

Anxious are we? lol

FanInAZ
08-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Anxious are we? lol

:D I'm getting myself mentally prepared :D

Last year I had a last minute computer hitch that caused me to miss the draft, so I'm taking no chances this year. Especially with this odd scoring system you came up with making all conventional FF wisdom irrelevant. I'm definitely going to use a totally different draft strategy today then I'll be using in a month for my other league.

Northman
08-07-2010, 04:16 PM
:D I'm getting myself mentally prepared :D

Last year I had a last minute computer hitch that caused me to miss the draft, so I'm taking no chances this year. Especially with this odd scoring system you came up with making all conventional FF wisdom irrelevant. I'm definitely going to use a totally different draft strategy today then I'll be using in a month for my other league.

Yea, my scoring system is way different that normal FF. Although i understand subtracting for turnovers and such i just find the thought too tedious to deal with. But the system seems to work well and people have seemed to like it the way its set up.

FanInAZ
08-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Yea, my scoring system is way different that normal FF. Although i understand subtracting for turnovers and such i just find the thought too tedious to deal with. But the system seems to work well and people have seemed to like it the way its set up.

The only problem that I had with the FF league I was in last year is that the 3 WR, 2 RB & 1 Flex format lead to a depleting of quality RBs; especially when the injuries started piling up in the middle of the season. The biggest thing that attracted me to your league is that your format should prevent that problem.

FanInAZ
08-07-2010, 06:01 PM
It happened again, last minute snafu resulted in the auto drafter picking for me.

My mom gave a ride back to my place with about 5 minutes to spare when I discovered that I left my keys at her place. I tried to get a wireless signal while she drove me back, but I couldn't keep one. This is the 2nd time that I've had this problem while being in her car, so their must be something in her Nissan Altima that interferes with my Mi-Fi device. By the time I got me keys and got into my apartment, the draft was over. The auto drafter gave me 2 Ks.

Northman
08-07-2010, 06:16 PM
It happened again, last minute snafu resulted in the auto drafter picking for me.

My mom gave a ride back to my place with about 5 minutes to spare when I discovered that I left my keys at her place. I tried to get a wireless signal while she drove me back, but I couldn't keep one. This is the 2nd time that I've had this problem while being in her car, so their must be something in her Nissan Altima that interferes with my Mi-Fi device. By the time I got me keys and got into my apartment, the draft was over. The auto drafter gave me 2 Ks.

Aw man. That sucks

I think you still got some decent players though. This is how i did.

So here are my players for this year:

Qb:
Matt Schaub
Donovan McNabb

RB:
Felix Jones
Fred Jackson
Thomas Jones

WR:
Brandon Marshall
Greg Jennings
Mario Manningham

TE:
Greg Olsen
Visanthe Shiancoe

K:
David Akers
Matt Prater

Def:
Baltimore

LB:
Ray Lewis
DeMarcus Ware

DE:
Jared Allen
Dwight Freeney

S:
Tyvon Branch

CB:
Terrell Thomas
Cedric Griffin

broncophan
08-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Pretty happy with my team....(auto picks)......I have Favre though.....wonder if he will play??......oh well.....I have Flacco as well......so not bad

I look forward to the competition ................

Thanks Northman.....

FanInAZ
08-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Good thing I stayed up late last night setting my rankings and was able to get on line just long enough to Que up my 3rd & 4 picks. I got the QBs and all of the starting, expect at WR, RB & TE, that I wanted. After a couple of quick FA swaps, I think I got a team that is ready to compete for the championship.

QB Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
WR Joshua Cribbs (Cle - WR)
WR Eddie Royal (Den - WR)
RB Darren Sproles (SD - RB)
RB C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)
TE Kellen Winslow (TB - TE)
W/T Davone Bess (Mia - WR)

BN Carson Palmer (Cin - QB)
BN Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
BN Tim Hightower (Ari - RB)
BN Jacoby Jones (Hou - WR)

K Ryan Longwell (Min - K)

DEF Minnesota (Min - DEF)
BN Cleveland (Cle - DEF)

LB Jon Beason (Car - LB)
DE Julius Peppers (Chi - DE)
S Yeremiah Bell (Mia - S)
CB Charles Woodson (GB - CB)

BN D.J. Williams (Den - LB)
BN Bernard Pollard (Hou - S)

Cribbs did well for me @ the beginning of last year, but then he slumped in the middle of the year. Therefore, I cut him only to watch him have a strong finish for another team. So this year, I'm going to hang on to him to the bitter end no matter what. If Royal is the Royal of '08, or Bess benefits from BM pulling all of the double coverage to him, then I could do OK @ WR.

My steal could be Tim Hightower. He is putting up a good showing in his RB battle right now, but so is Beanie Wells. If TH wins the starting job out right, then I might be set with him and Sproles at RB. However, this is looking more and more like they might share the carries. Its impossible to say how things will work out @ this point.

As far as TE, I just need Kellen Winslow Jr to be half the player that Kellen Winslow Sr was during the 70s & 80s.

FanInAZ
08-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Pretty happy with my team....(auto picks)......I have Favre though.....wonder if he will play??......oh well.....I have Flacco as well......so not bad

I look forward to the competition ................

Thanks Northman.....

Throw a package together for me if you'd be interested in Romo. Any package that includes Favre will be rejected out of hand.

broncophan
08-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Throw a package together for me if you'd be interested in Romo. Any package that includes Favre will be rejected out of hand.

I will take a look.....but honestly....I feel better with Favre(assuming he plays)...(even though I don't like him).....and Flacco......
then I would with Rodgers and Palmer...
I didn't know we had 3 qb's......I better go look again...lol

FanInAZ
08-07-2010, 07:25 PM
I will take a look.....but honestly....I feel better with Favre(assuming he plays)...(even though I don't like him).....and Flacco......
then I would with Rodgers and Palmer...
I didn't know we had 3 qb's......I better go look again...lol

Like I said, I was able to get in to make my 3rd and 4th pick. So I do have 3 QBs.

Tned
08-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Just a reminder, this saturday is the online draft at 6pm Est.

Holy crap, I didn't see this thread and never got an email reminder. Bummer.

broncophan
08-07-2010, 08:30 PM

If Favre retires.....I will trade him to you....:D

Northman
08-07-2010, 08:43 PM

You slut. Ive been bumping this thread all week. :tsk:

Tned
08-07-2010, 09:18 PM
You slut. Ive been bumping this thread all week. :tsk:

The computer didn't do too bad a job in drafting. Still can't believe I blew it.

Northman
08-07-2010, 09:20 PM
The computer didn't do too bad a job in drafting. Still can't believe I blew it.

Yea, hopefully you can make it work. At least you had your rankings set i think as it was on auto draft. But i did select this day because you said you were going to be mia later in the month.

Tned
08-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Yea, hopefully you can make it work. At least you had your rankings set i think as it was on auto draft. But i did select this day because you said you were going to be mia later in the month.

I know, that's when I saw you guys talking about the draft results I couldn't believe I blew it.

I was messing with DirecTV earlier. Probably just finished up around draft time. Was having the whole house DVR thingy installed.

There's always next year. I backed out of my local money league this year. Just too much going on these days.

Devilspawn
08-08-2010, 12:13 AM
I couldn't make it and I didn't have time to set my rankings. I'm sort of pleased with what I have. I think I can make this work.

Northman
08-08-2010, 12:41 AM
That girl has such great lips. :)

Devilspawn
08-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Her mouth isn't half bad either.

FanInAZ
09-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I think I'm ready for my 1st victim, I mean opponent, Goldfish of Doom. By the way, who is this guy or gal?

Northman
09-08-2010, 03:36 PM
I think I'm ready for my 1st victim, I mean opponent, Goldfish of Doom. By the way, who is this guy or gal?

Goldfish is a guy from a forum for metalheads named Ryan. Known him for a while and he generally doesnt know too much about football but he has improved since 2 years ago but it should be a win for you. :D

broncophan
09-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I have a couple "key" players playing tomorrow night....so I get an early start on kicking Tned's butt this weekend.....:)

Northman
09-08-2010, 04:27 PM
I have a couple "key" players playing tomorrow night....so I get an early start on kicking Tned's butt this weekend.....:)

Yea, Tned won my league a couple of years ago. Time for some payback. :lol:

broncophan
09-08-2010, 04:32 PM

LOL......I'll see what I can do........I really should not be talkin' shit though.....my defense looks bad.....my fault for missing the draft though and not having my players picked ahead of time for the autodraft.
that's o.k. though......I just thought I would give everyone an advantage to start out...:)

broncophan
09-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Well.....good luck everyone.....I have Brees....as my starting qb in this FF league....and Favre in the Broncosforums FF league......so I hope both qb's have great games.....
God......I hate rooting for Favre........

FanInAZ
09-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Well.....good luck everyone.....I have Brees....as my starting qb in this FF league....and Favre in the Broncosforums FF league......so I hope both qb's have great games.....
God......I hate rooting for Favre........

:D I'll trade you Romo for Brees straight up :D

FanInAZ
09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
LOL......I'll see what I can do........I really should not be talkin' shit though.....my defense looks bad.....my fault for missing the draft though and not having my players picked ahead of time for the autodraft.
that's o.k. though......I just thought I would give everyone an advantage to start out...:)

The draft only matters if those players don't get injured. Last year; the autodrafter gave me Adrian Peterson, Marion Barber & Willis McGahee. I did great for the 1st month, until Barber got injured and McGahee was over taken by Rice on the same week. My inability to find quality replacements for those 2 in FA caused the wheels to fall off.

Tned
09-09-2010, 04:47 PM

Payback for not letting me play last year!

Northman
09-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Payback for not letting me play last year!

Hey, the invite was there but you were being the usual slacker and didnt sign up. So now, you get owned this year. :D

Tned
09-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey, the invite was there but you were being the usual slacker and didnt sign up. So now, you get owned this year. :D

While my draft was 'questionable', I think I made some free agent moves that will keep me in contention.

Tned
09-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Well, Cutler outscoring Kolb by 98 points put me off to an 0-1 start. :-(

Northman
09-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Yea, despite Houston winning today NONE of it had to do with Schaub as he scored only 28 points for me. Meanwhile, Missy has Peyton and got 142 points in the same game. lmao

Good news is i guess that Gunns had Foster on the bench because he scored 73.

Tned
09-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Yea, despite Houston winning today NONE of it had to do with Schaub as he scored only 28 points for me. Meanwhile, Missy has Peyton and got 142 points in the same game. lmao

Good news is i guess that Gunns had Foster on the bench because he scored 73.

The only good news I have is that it looks like I am going to go 4-0 in the other Broncos related leagues I'm in.

FanInAZ
09-13-2010, 12:57 AM
The only good news I have is that it looks like I am going to go 4-0 in the other Broncos related leagues I'm in.

Well, I'm your 4th opponent in your other Broncos league. We'll have to see about that.

As far as this league, 2 of my 3 WRs who were supposed to have their FF stats enhance the by their ST play did nothing on ST. I also got burned by drinking of the C.J. Spiller kool-aid.

However, I did go "anti-St. Louis Rams" @ the last minute. I got Hightower & the Cards D and it paid off. I'm up by 41 points with my opponent only having Shonn Greene & Eric Smith left to play tomorrow night. Unless, Greene torches the Baltimore D, I think I got this 1 in the bag. I'm not saying he's going to get shut down, but that he's not going to put up 150 yds & 2 TDs.

Tned
09-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Well, I'm your 4th opponent in your other Broncos league. We'll have to see about that.

As far as this league, 2 of my 3 WRs who were supposed to have their FF stats enhance the by their ST play did nothing on ST. I also got burned by drinking of the C.J. Spiller kool-aid.

However, I did go "anti-St. Louis Rams" @ the last minute. I got Hightower & the Cards D and it paid off. I'm up by 41 points with my opponent only having Shonn Greene & Eric Smith left to play tomorrow night. Unless, Greene torches the Baltimore D, I think I got this 1 in the bag. I'm not saying he's going to get shut down, but that he's not going to put up 150 yds & 2 TDs.

I meant this week, not winning the league. We aren't playing each other this week, are we?

FanInAZ
09-13-2010, 04:53 AM
I meant this week, not winning the league. We aren't playing each other this week, are we?

You said in your previous post,...

I'm your 4th opponent opponent in that league.

Tned
09-13-2010, 09:08 AM
You said in your previous post,...

I'm your 4th opponent opponent in that league.

lol, I didn't explain that well. I'm in five leagues. North's OmanePrime and then four other leagues yours and three that Dogfish runs.

This week, I will win my Omaneprime game, but win in the other four leagues, so that would be 4-0 in the other four leagues I am in this week. So, this weekend, I will go 4-1 in my five leauges.

FanInAZ
09-13-2010, 10:49 PM
lol, I didn't explain that well. I'm in five leagues. North's OmanePrime and then four other leagues yours and three that Dogfish runs.

This week, I will win my Omaneprime game, but win in the other four leagues, so that would be 4-0 in the other four leagues I am in this week. So, this weekend, I will go 4-1 in my five leauges.

:lol: You need to get a life, and so does dogfish :lol:

Tned
09-13-2010, 11:28 PM
:lol: You need to get a life, and so does dogfish :lol:

I backed out of my local money league, which would have actually required me to show up for a draft, and turned down another local money league --- so, I am showing signs of progress.

Devilspawn
09-14-2010, 01:24 AM

Proud to be that one. :D :elefant:

Northman
09-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Phewww!

Pulled that win out of my ass today. Schaub with the help of OT got me the necessary points to put me over. Even Manningham helped out bigtime late. 1-1 now.

FanInAZ
09-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Phewww!

Pulled that win out of my ass today. Schaub with the help of OT got me the necessary points to put me over. Even Manningham helped out bigtime late. 1-1 now.

I still could have had you if the Raiders and/or Giants would've ran the stupid ball with McFadden and/or Bradshaw respectively.

Congrats anyways!

Northman
09-19-2010, 10:50 PM
I still could have had you if the Raiders and/or Giants would've ran the stupid ball with McFadden and/or Bradshaw respectively.

Congrats anyways!

Yea, it was close. Had Manningham not did what he did i may have only won by 2 points at best.

FanInAZ
10-05-2010, 04:23 AM
I think this is the best job I've ever done building a team through FA. My only problem is that the QB that scores 90+ points every week is one that I have sitting on the bench. Whoever I do start, only scores in the 50s-70s. And its someone different every week.

Week 1 Started: Rogers (52 vs Philadelphia) Best: Palmer (94 vs New England) Other: Romo (63 vs Washington)
Week 2 Started: Rogers (76 vs Buffalo) Best: Romo (91 vs Chicago) Other: Palmer (33 vs Baltimore)
Week 3 Started: Romo (70 vs Houston) Best: Rogers (91 vs Chicago) Other: Palmer (47 vs Carolina)
Week 4 Started: Rogers: (61 vs Detroit) Best Palmer (98 vs Cleveland) Other: Romo (Bye)

So Palmer has been my best performer twice and worst performer twice. Rogers & Romo have both been my best performer once & worst performer once. If I can just figure out who will be my best QB option every week, I could be a serious contender.

broncophan
10-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Man.....I am 0-4....and my team is terrible.....I really am trying.......although...I am kind of new to this fantasy football stuff.......I think I may need to fire my GM....

Northman
10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Yea, you are having a tough time out there. But hey, the good news is should you end up last you automatically get first pick next year in my league should you choose to play next year. lol

Northman
10-05-2010, 10:43 AM
I think this is the best job I've ever done building a team through FA. My only problem is that the QB that scores 90+ points every week is one that I have sitting on the bench. Whoever I do start, only scores in the 50s-70s. And its someone different every week.

Week 1 Started: Rogers (52 vs Philadelphia) Best: Palmer (94 vs New England) Other: Romo (63 vs Washington)
Week 2 Started: Rogers (76 vs Buffalo) Best: Romo (91 vs Chicago) Other: Palmer (33 vs Baltimore)
Week 3 Started: Romo (70 vs Houston) Best: Rogers (91 vs Chicago) Other: Palmer (47 vs Carolina)
Week 4 Started: Rogers: (61 vs Detroit) Best Palmer (98 vs Cleveland) Other: Romo (Bye)

So Palmer has been my best performer twice and worst performer twice. Rogers & Romo have both been my best performer once & worst performer once. If I can just figure out who will be my best QB option every week, I could be a serious contender.

I was looking at that. You got a crapload of points from defense last night though omg. lmao

FanInAZ
10-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I was looking at that. You got a crapload of points from defense last night though omg. lmao

New England's DEF point per game may be a bit sewed for the rest of the season after last night.

Northman
10-05-2010, 03:10 PM
New England's DEF point per game may be a bit sewed for the rest of the season after last night.

Indeed. When i designed the points and what each player/Def can get i loved the option of stuff like blocked kicks and kick returns. Even though your game was never in doubt its something like that where it can change the fantasy game entirely. Had someone been trailing by 60 points picked up Chung last night they would of won because the player himself got 83 points by his play. Its so cat and mouse but i love that aspect about my league. Its just a matter of finding the right players and chemistry for the season.

Northman
10-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Sweet, get to play Tned this week. This is a revenge game from my loss a couple of years ago and a chance to put homeboy in a deeper hole. :)

FanInAZ
10-13-2010, 07:19 PM
:D I beat up a Raider fan :D

Northman
10-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Man, i cant believe how bad the NFC is. Its like the AFCW there. lmao

FanInAZ
10-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Man, i cant believe how bad the NFC is. Its like the AFCW there. lmao

No kidding. I'm in last place in the AFC, would be in a 3 way tie if I was in the NFC.

FanInAZ
10-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Oh great, I just found out that I've lost Romo for at least the next 6 weeks.

Northman
12-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Well, another year has gone by. I was the number one seed and then lost in the opening round like a major chokejob. Bleh. To top it off i have to hear Missy bragging about winning this year. But, for those who are interested here is the draft order for next year (if everyone returns).

Draft order for 2011:

1. Broncophan's Team
2. Az Steamrollers
3. Beasts by the Pound
4. Gods of Wrath
5. Tned's Brawlers
6. Gunn's Gunn's
7. Goldfish of Doom
8. Baneful Genesis
9. The **** Smashers
10. Miami Sharks