PDA

View Full Version : Who does Demaryius Thomas remind you of?

broncobryce
06-20-2010, 12:58 PM
I have heard people throw around names like TO, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Colsten, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald.

Calm down, I know he hasn't proved anything yet but I'm sure you've seen the highlights. He reminds me of Fitz and Moss the way he attacks the ball in the air. If you check the stats he had at least a 50 yard pass in almost every game. Hopefully he can do the same for us here.

Northman
06-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Cant really say honestly. But if he performs like Marsh or Fitz im a happy camper.

broncobryce
06-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Cant really say honestly. But if he performs like Marsh or Fitz im a happy camper.

Me too. But I don't really think him and Marshall are similar players. Marshall is the ultimate possession receiver. Thomas I think will be more of a deep threat type player. Not saying he can't be a possession guy, but I think we got Decker for that.

UnderArmour
06-20-2010, 01:04 PM
He reminds me of no one because he has yet to play a single NFL snap. Ask this question in 3 seasons and even if he is good, the answer will probably be Demaryius Thomas because he will have developed his own skill set.

Northman
06-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Me too. But I don't really think him and Marshall are similar players. Marshall is the ultimate possession receiver. Thomas I think will be more of a deep threat type player. Not saying he can't be a possession guy, but I think we got Decker for that.

Well, if he is a deep threat than lets hope we have a QB by then who can get him the ball on a regular basis. Going by what i saw last year McD likes the dink and dunk stuff 90% of the time so hopefully he can be more than just the deep threat.

Tned
06-20-2010, 01:13 PM
I think it's really hard to evaluate just based on what he did in college. Until we see how he matches up (speed/physicality) against NFL defenders, it will be hard to say what type of receiver he is.

broncobryce
06-20-2010, 01:16 PM
He reminds me of no one because he has yet to play a single NFL snap. Ask this question in 3 seasons and even if he is good, the answer will probably be Demaryius Thomas because he will have developed his own skill set.

As I said, I know he hasn't. If you watch the highlights of him IN COLLEGE he is great at attacking the ball in the air. That is a good trait to have.

WARHORSE
06-20-2010, 01:18 PM
He caught a touchdown pass in front of Champ Bailey in his first practice on a slant.

That doesnt make him all world........but for a rookie to come in and do that on day one.......it tells you hes got: (in the words of Napoleon Dynamite)

SuKILLZ

He knows how to use his body to shield off the smaller guy whether high in the air or on the run.....that will help him immensely in this league.

We all know he scored very high on the Wonderlic, but I was very impressed recently when a reporter asked him if he knew the playbook, he didnt hesitate, he said yes, I know it. He didnt say he was still learning, he didnt say hes getting used to it, he didnt say it was a work in progress, he said he knew it.
We know he doesnt mean in an on the field level, we know hes talking mentally and that he has to rep it in practice and gameday to get it second nature. Still, to know it mentally at this point is awesome.

I am more eager to see what Thomas does than any other player we drafted.

UnderArmour
06-20-2010, 01:24 PM
As I said, I know he hasn't. If you watch the highlights of him IN COLLEGE he is great at attacking the ball in the air. That is a good trait to have.

Still though, even if he is as good as any of the players mentioned, he will be put into his own class anyways. Anquan Boldin, Hines Ward, and Plaxico Burress are the types of players that DT resembles coming out of college, but that's because of the system he played in. He is the type of receiver that Champ sometimes gets beat by, the physical type of receiver, not so much the Moss/Fitz type. Anyone remember Chad Ochocinco making a fool of Champ on MNF? Porter? That type of receiver.

silkamilkamonico
06-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Keyshawn Johnson

Broncolingus
06-20-2010, 01:31 PM
I have heard people throw around names like TO, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Colsten, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald.

Calm down, I know he hasn't proved anything yet but I'm sure you've seen the highlights. He reminds me of Fitz and Moss the way he attacks the ball in the air. If you check the stats he had at least a 50 yard pass in almost every game. Hopefully he can do the same for us here.

Whaa?? He can throw too?

Maybe that solves the QB question for Denver...

:D

topscribe
06-20-2010, 01:45 PM
I think it's really hard to evaluate just based on what he did in college. Until we see how he matches up (speed/physicality) against NFL defenders, it will be hard to say what type of receiver he is.

Word. From college to the pros is a BIG step up.

For right now, he reminds me of a rookie . . .

-----

EMB6903
06-20-2010, 02:10 PM

I agree.. Havent seen enough of him to give him a comparison. He didnt get nearly as many looks as most of the recievers in this class. One thing you can tell is he has great ball skills and is an angry runner. Lets just hope he can get open at the next level.

dogfish
06-20-2010, 02:16 PM
he kinda reminds me of NTL-- they both have soulful eyes. . . .

honz
06-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Well, if he is a deep threat than lets hope we have a QB by then who can get him the ball on a regular basis. Going by what i saw last year McD likes the dink and dunk stuff 90% of the time so hopefully he can be more than just the deep threat.
NE went deep to Moss all the time with McD. I think it had more to do with not having a trued deep threat on the team than anything. Orton probably had something to do with it as well...he was careful with the ball. Remember when Simms went deep against the Skins? Lmao.

Bosco
06-20-2010, 05:32 PM
NE went deep to Moss all the time with McD. I think it had more to do with not having a trued deep threat on the team than anything.

That's exactly why we drafted Thomas. :D

Thomas is more like Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss than Fitzgerald and Marshall.

LordTrychon
06-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Ashley Lelie

Northman
06-20-2010, 06:06 PM
NE went deep to Moss all the time with McD. I think it had more to do with not having a trued deep threat on the team than anything. Orton probably had something to do with it as well...he was careful with the ball. Remember when Simms went deep against the Skins? Lmao.

Marshall can go deep so can Royal. Its having the right Qb and having faith in that Qb to be able to do it accurately enough to where you dont turn the ball over. Denver doesnt have a QB who can do that right now (unless its Quinn and Tebow) who can do that on a regular basis with consistency.

Bosco
06-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Marshall can go deep

Given enough time.

topscribe
06-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Marshall can go deep so can Royal. Its having the right Qb and having faith in that Qb to be able to do it accurately enough to where you dont turn the ball over. Denver doesnt have a QB who can do that right now (unless its Quinn and Tebow) who can do that on a regular basis with consistency.

Well actually, no. Marshall is not a legitimate deep threat, and Royal has yet to
prove he is one. The fact is, Gaffney was the only one last year who mounted
anything close to any consistency deep.

Regarding QBs, Tebow is unproven. Such a statement cannot be made about
him. Quinn has a strong arm, but he is not accurate deep. Reports from camp
are that Orton has been working on his deep accuracy and that it has improved.
Also from camp is that Quinn is still inaccurate.

Your analysis is based on conjecture. I'm going by what has leaked out of camp.
Nonetheless, neither of us knows for sure yet . . . about any of them . . .

-----

Lonestar
06-20-2010, 10:01 PM

Still beating that dead horse about not being able to throw the long ball BECAUSE KO did not last year.

In order to be able to throw it.

It has to be in the play book.

You have to have WR that have enough speed to make it happen.

If they do not have the speed they have to be able to lose a CB in some manner.

Enough practice betweem the QB and WR to get some timing down.

Regardless of all of those things we may or may not had.
We did not have:

an OL that could block long enough to let a pattern develop.

A QB that had the phyiscal ability to throw the longer toss.

Trying to get touch on a ball after a compound dislocation of the index finger on his throwing hand.

Or trying to throw with a high ankle sprain.

Neither whuch was condusive to getting any timing down.

Plus add to the issue that BM had to play wanker in TC and get his ass susupended sure did not help develop timing for the time frame he was suspended.

When your #1 WR is out then everyone else gets jugled around so timing. Probably did not become natural till later in the year if ever.

So quick to blame Josh and everyone that he brought in you can't see the forrest for the trees.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Denver Native (Carol)
06-20-2010, 10:08 PM
All I can say is - COME ON TRAINING CAMP It can't get here TOOOOOOOOOO soon

Nomad
06-20-2010, 10:13 PM
All I can say is - COME ON TRAINING CAMP It can't get here TOOOOOOOOOO soon

I hear you DN! Not much to say about the team/players until then or possibly until pre season!!!

T.K.O.
06-21-2010, 10:28 AM
if decker can be 75% easy eddie and thomas can be 75% rod smith and tebow can be 75% big JOHN....we have a shot at taking back the division soon !:salute:

MasterShake
06-21-2010, 11:30 AM
if decker can be 75% easy eddie and thomas can be 75% rod smith and tebow can be 75% big JOHN....we have a shot at taking back the division soon !:salute:

As long as Thomas is 0% Ashley Lelie I'd be ok. I have hight hopes for Decker and Thomas, but its way too early to tell!

Lonestar
06-21-2010, 11:33 AM

Thomas has more speed than Rod did, the only questions are work ethic and hands.

Decker if he can do 75% of his college stuff will be the next Eddie Mac.

As for Tebow if his arm is 75% of Johns the rest of his game is better.

I think we have the makings of a dyNASTY.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Italianmobstr7
06-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Marshall. McD said himself that's why we got the guy. He was the WR who reminded him most of BM but without the baggage. I hope he'll be better than Marshall (but I won't hold my breath). He was definitely my favorite draft pick though, and I hope he becomes a great player for us!

Bosco
06-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Marshall. McD said himself that's why we got the guy. He was the WR who reminded him most of BM but without the baggage. I'd be real interested to see that quote and the context it was made in, because outside of their physical size Thomas and Marshall are nothing alike.

TXBRONC
06-21-2010, 11:35 PM

He reminds me of Demaryius Thomas. :heh:

Seriously, I don't know right now. I haven't seen enough of him to make any kind of assesment like that.

TXBRONC
06-21-2010, 11:39 PM

Got that right if he can be as productive as Marshall or Fitzgerald I'll be very happy.