PDA

View Full Version : Pre- Pre season, super bowl picks.

underrated29
06-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Alright- Go on record now for the pre presesason superbowl picks.

Yes, we all know the broncos are repping the AFC, but list another afc team just incase.

I got Baltimore from (afc) vs Greenbay from (nfc) doing a showdown in the superbowl. And Baltimore winning in a slugfest.

drewloc
06-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Alright- Go on record now for the pre presesason superbowl picks.

Yes, we all know the broncos are repping the AFC, but list another afc team just incase.

I got Baltimore from (afc) vs Greenbay from (nfc) doing a showdown in the superbowl. And Baltimore winning in a slugfest.

Good idea U29, I'm going to go with Indy in the AFC and Green Bay in the NFC. I think if Al Harris and Aaron Kampman can stay healthy, they have a shot. Also Aaron Rodgers is a damn good QB.

GGMoogly
06-19-2010, 02:36 PM
I've picked Green Bay and Denver for the last thirty years (got it right once :D).
No need to change now.

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Hmmm,

I have to agree, i think right now its got to be Green Bay and Indy. But if Favre comes back that could change things.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Baltimore over SF

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 03:09 PM
lions over the raiders....3-0:elefant:

broncos vs redskins would be sweet :D

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 03:11 PM
lions over the raiders....3-0:elefant:

broncos vs redskins would be sweet :D

That'd be pretty epic, although if McD lost a SB to Shanny, this forum might implode from the mass orgasm from the likes of arapho and superchop! :lol:

Northman
06-19-2010, 03:12 PM
That'd be pretty epic, although if McD lost a SB to Shanny, this forum might implode from the mass orgasm from the likes of arapho and superchop! :lol:

McD would have to make the playoffs first. ;)

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 04:19 PM
so would shanny......

Northman
06-19-2010, 04:20 PM
so would shanny......

Um ok. Last i checked he's made it with the Broncos a number of times along with 2 rings. :lol:

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 04:32 PM
um ok.... wow i never thought of it like that. so a team has to make the playoffs to get to the superbowl !thanks for the insight.
it would be pretty hard for mcd to have made it to the playoffs and won 2 superbowls in his first year....right ?
i doubt the intent of this thread was to start another josh bash thread so maybe you could take it to one of those....hmmmm K ?

Northman
06-19-2010, 04:33 PM
um ok....
it would be pretty hard for mcd to have made it to the playoffs and won 2 superbowls in his first year....right ?
i doubt the intent of this thread was to start another josh bash thread so maybe you could take it to one of those....hmmmm K ?

Dont blame me dude, you brought up the Denver vs Washington senario. :lol:

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Dont blame me dude, you brought up the Denver vs Washington senario. :lol:

maybe you could post your own superbowl picks/wishes rather than attempt to impune mine.that would be different for you.give that a try.come up with something new....all by yourself

Northman
06-19-2010, 04:43 PM
maybe you could post your own superbowl picks/wishes rather than attempt to impune mine.that would be different for you.give that a try.come up with something new....all by yourself

Try post #4.

Lonestar
06-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Um ok. Last i checked he's made it with the Broncos a number of times along with 2 rings. :lol:

Your man love for mikey is epic.

I guess I now see why you hate everything Josh.

What mikey put to together let no man put assunder.

It is all crystal clear now. :salute: for finally admitting to it.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
06-19-2010, 05:28 PM

Oh man you got me, oh noes!

Of course its wrong but dont let me stop you.
Mobile Post via Mobile.jrs.lackofreality.com/forums

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Oh man you got me, oh noes!

Of course its wrong but dont let me stop you.

Some people can't face facts. Whatcha gonna do? :whoknows:

Northman
06-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Some people can't face facts. Whatcha gonna do? :whoknows:

Forget facts, they cant accept anything not pro McD. Of course, thats all Shanahan's fault.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 05:40 PM
i'm pretty sure that everyone here realizes that in order for the broncos and the redskins to compete in a superbowl...both clubs would have to get to the playoffs.
as would the packers and the colts
etc...
it's not rocket science guys:laugh:

Northman
Welcome to the wonderful life of Broncosforums.

T.K.O.
i killed a guy with a trident

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 05:44 PM
i killed a guy with a trident

I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

atwater27
06-19-2010, 07:42 PM

Northman is HARDLY alone. Shanny is a thousand times the coach McD is. Good luck with that "Respect doesn't have to be earned" thing you got going with the new guy.

atwater27
06-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Packers vs Pats, with the same result as the 1st time.

BroncoBJ
06-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Well obviously I'm hoping for the Broncos. :elefant:

But This one is going to be a tad bit random and shocking. But its better then just taking the safe route. Gotta take risks and go out on a limb.

But I'm going to say Houston against the Vikings ( with Favre). :elefant:

And Houston will win in Dallas and it will just piss them off even more. :lol:

Damn Houston's first year in the playoffs will result in a Superbowl win. :eek:

GGMoogly
06-19-2010, 07:57 PM

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes33/youngfrank128.jpeg

Yes! Yes! Say it! He...was...my...BOYFRIEND!

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 08:01 PM

Yes! Yes! Say it! He...was...my...BOYFRIEND!

:lol: Young Frankenstein is one of my favorite movies.

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 08:02 PM

Yes! Yes! Say it! He...Vas...my...BOYFRIEND!

had to fix that:laugh:

Poet
06-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Basically I start at the division winners. San Diego, New England, Indy and Cincinnati. The WC teams from last year were New York and Baltimore.

San Diego isn't on my legitimate list because they underachieve in the playoffs against anyone who isn't Indy. I don't like Baltimore, they have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL, minus Ed Reed. All of their cornerbacks are literally bad. You can't win a SB like that unless you have a truly awesome pass rush, and I'm not talking about their average good one, I mean a beastly one in terms of all-time. They hedged against their secondary by getting Boldin, who is a great WR, but he's injury prone. Flacco is an average QB, the hype around him is silly.

So I cross off SD and Baltimore from my SB list. Then you look at New England. That defense is in decline and so is their offense. Randy Moss is still an elite WR, and Tom Brady is at worst the third best QB in the league (I have him second behind Manning). I don't think Welker will be what he was, but I expect him to still be a beast. But other than the Brady to Moss and Welker connection, their team isn't exciting. Still, Bill Belichick is the best coach in football, and I still don't ever count out the Patriots. Still (again), on paper they don't look better than they were last year by much, and that's assuming Welker comes back to old form.

The Jets are a mystery team. They have a lot of big names, both in and past their prime, but most should be able to contribute. The defining thing for the Jets' season is Mark Sanchez. They were able to hide the liability of a young QB being their starter last year by running the ball and trick plays. Cincinnati was stupid enough to fall for their trick plays, but I think those tricks won't work as well. If Sanchez can avoid the sophomore slump and improve as a QB, this team is a very legitimate SB contender.

So then you look at the last two teams, my Bengals and the Colts. Cincinnati is better positioned than I expected them to be coming into the year, but they're no SB team, either. Palmer is still good but he's a question mark in terms of durability, and his last playoff game was wretched. Cincinnati is betting heavily on first round pick Jermaine Gresham to produce this year, and for either Andre Caldwell or Jordan Shipley to help out Ocho and newly acquired Antonio Bryant. The Bengals' pass rush is a quesion, and while I do have faith in a lot of guys in terms of improvement and in Antwan Odom in returning to a good player, question marks are question marks.

Then you get to Indy. Their defense was actually pretty good last year. They have the best player in the NFL. Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne and Manning are still in their prime, and Pierre Garcon, Anthony Gonzalez and the other young players are steadily improving.

On paper, Indy is hands down your best team in the AFC. But, getting back to the SB after losing one is an incredibly hard feat to accomplish.

So then you stare at the teams who just missed the playoffs last year in the AFC. Tennessee was playing very good football at the end of the year, and Vince Young was looking like a real quarterback. Pittsburgh is still stacked and they never miss the postseason twice. Ironically for both Tennessee and Pittsburgh both have questions concerning their QB's ability to step onto the field via legal issues.

Then you have the Texans who can be dismissed because their defense isn't good enough, their coach is a joke and they do nothing but choke year after year.

Miami seems like a good darkhorse team, Sporano does more with less good talent than anyone else in the NFL, and they did acquire the great but moronic Brandon Marshall. Still, they have a young QB and play in a competitive division.

Over to the NFC the frontrunners are the Saints, Minnesota (if Favre comes back or AP doesn't fumble constantly) and Dallas. I don't consider any team in the NFC West to be a real SB contender. The Cardinals don't have a QB, the Niners don't have a QB, the Seahawks are in rebuilding mode and the Rams....god Stephen Jackson is going to waste.

I think Philly is going to realize how spoiled and stupid they are when they don't have a QB who can work wonders with nothing. The Giants are finding out that maybe Brandon Jacob needs to be in a running back by committee situation to flourish, and they have a lot of questions on defense.

The Falcons could bounce back in a surprising way, but their defense doesn't inspire me to think them anything more than a first or maybe second round playoff team.

The Packers are a very good team. If anyone is shocked that they get to the SB, they are silly. That being said, their secondary is old. Woodson was a good corner last year, but as usual any corner who makes INTs and gets a few TD's is vastly overrated. People tend to forget that Woodson was only good and not superb in actual coverage. Al Harris is bad. His name carries him, which is conveinent because his legs sure can't when a fast WR lines up on him. The Packers biggest questions are "can we get to the QB and stop people from getting to ours?" If those questions are even answered "Kinda sorta yeah," and "Kinda sorta yeah," they are a real SB team.

/long boring post.

BroncoTech
06-19-2010, 11:24 PM
I like Saints, they'll feature a new well oiled slippery running game and with Brees they have a shot. For AFC I guess Jets, passing of the guard in indy and ne.

FanInAZ
06-19-2010, 11:46 PM
I believe the Colts made it last year because they were the most talented team in the AFC. Barring them getting hit by the injury bug, I don't really believe that anyone can stop them. I'm still amazed that the Saints reached the NFC title game, let alone won it and the SB. However, unless Favre retires or goes south, they are my pick for the NFC.

Manning will not lose two SBs in a row. Therefore, Colts over Vikings.

CrazyHorse
06-21-2010, 02:39 AM
Vikings and Jets. The team with Favre is victorious.

TXBRONC
06-21-2010, 09:55 AM
I believe the Colts made it last year because they were the most talented team in the AFC. Barring them getting hit by the injury bug, I don't really believe that anyone can stop them. I'm still amazed that the Saints reached the NFC title game, let alone won it and the SB. However, unless Favre retires or goes south, they are my pick for the NFC.

Manning will not lose two SBs in a row. Therefore, Colts over Vikings.

The Colts still have problems defending the run and they ok against the pass. So imo if they don't shore up the run defense they'll have a hard time making it back to the Super Bowl.