PDA

View Full Version : broncos vs colts on nfln....the beginning of the end for mike nolan ?

T.K.O.
06-18-2010, 04:24 PM
i have heard alot of speculation on why nolan was given the option of going to miami.
i have also heard several times that the indy game was the biggest reason for the "rift" between mcD and nolan.i guess lil' josh hammered big mike pretty hard for his work in letting the colts rip off a 21-0 lead.
and i guess they never really got past it as we lost 3 more games following.
anyway the game is gonna be on nfl network sunday at about 2pm mst if i recall.
i'm gonna watch it (though it will be painfull) to see just how bad our D looked and to watch marshall break the record again (for old times sake) !:salute:

Ravage!!!
06-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Our offense was worse than the defense.

broncophan
06-18-2010, 08:27 PM
I doubt one game of "letting" a team rip off a 21-0 lead was the reason for the end of Nolan in Denver.

Our defense made huge improvements last season.......and Nolan has been a very respected defensive coach for several years.....I am sure over the years Nolan has been ripped several times.....and "lil" Josh ripping him is not anything he has not seen before.

Bosco
06-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Our offense was worse than the defense.

Not really. Manning and Co. put up 21 points on our defense with ease, at which point they pretty much shut it down into a ball control style game. As soon as the game was close, they put their foot back on the gas and went right down the field on us again.

Bosco
06-18-2010, 10:11 PM
i have heard alot of speculation on why nolan was given the option of going to miami.
i have also heard several times that the indy game was the biggest reason for the "rift" between mcD and nolan.i guess lil' josh hammered big mike pretty hard for his work in letting the colts rip off a 21-0 lead.

You can see it happening. The cameras showed Josh McDaniels over one the sideline screaming into his headset with no one around him right after the Colts scored their 2nd or 3rd touchdown. Obviously that had to be Nolan on the receiving end of that.

broncobryce
06-18-2010, 10:18 PM
It was definitely the beginning of the end for Nolan. Thanks for the heads up.

camdisco24
06-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Interesting. I saw what the OP was referring to. Not sure if thats what did it, but there is alot in that game that suggests McD was fed up with Nolan.

Watching that game kind of made me realize that Nolan may not have been the answer long term. Sure, he turned this D around and they did great for a while. But he couldn't keep up with the changes and other teams figuring us out. If Martindale can pick up the pieces where Nolan left off and better Nolans shortcomings, our D will be pretty dang dominate from what I can see.

Bosco
06-18-2010, 11:25 PM
. But he couldn't keep up with the changes and other teams figuring us out. Pretty much the story of Nolan's career.

Tempus Fugit
06-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Interesting. I saw what the OP was referring to. Not sure if thats what did it, but there is alot in that game that suggests McD was fed up with Nolan.

Watching that game kind of made me realize that Nolan may not have been the answer long term. Sure, he turned this D around and they did great for a while. But he couldn't keep up with the changes and other teams figuring us out. If Martindale can pick up the pieces where Nolan left off and better Nolans shortcomings, our D will be pretty dang dominate from what I can see.

To be fair to Nolan, Martindale will have better defensive personnel to work with. The only area where the defense might step back is in the secondary, due to age. It should be improved both on the line and in the linebacking corps. I'm sure Nolan would have been able to make at least some use of such an improved group.

From the accounts I've read, Nolan's problem wasn't so much the defensive struggles as his not accepting the fact that he wasn't the big dog in the pack and taking the lead from the H.C. as he should have. He'll accept it in Miami, though, because he knows that Parcells has the big dog role all to himself.

jhildebrand
06-19-2010, 12:30 AM
So when is the offense going to be held to the same standard some of the posters hold the D to around here :confused:

How many times did the offense go for it on 4th at mid field or less only to turn the ball over? :confused:

How many turnovers did the D create that the O did nothing with? :confused:

Where was anybody else on O besides Brandon Marshall :confused:

When you are +2 or better in the TO category, you should win.

For some, it will always be the D's fault. The beauty is McD has another coordinator that is "his guy." At some point McD is going to have to win or be gone.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 12:49 AM
So when is the offense going to be held to the same standard some of the posters hold the D to around here :confused:

How many times did the offense go for it on 4th at mid field or less only to turn the ball over? :confused:

For some, it will always be the D's fault. The beauty is McD has another coordinator that is "his guy." At some point McD is going to have to win or be gone.

Hmm let's see, he shipped away his diva troublemaker WR, traded for 2 quarterbacks, and spent high draft picks on 2 WR and 2 o-linemen, but yeah, he's not holding to offense accountable or holding them to as high a standard as the defense! :lol:

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:34 AM

Answer: No

Its outright hysterical that people would rip a guy for allowing a 21-0 run on a rebuilding defense but then not come down on the offense for not scoring ANY points early in the game. Its not like Colts were the 2000 Ravens here. :lol::lol::lol:

Lonestar
06-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Pretty much sums it all up. Alpha dog giving orders, bitch getting his ass kicking could not handle it.

Bitch decides being the bitch in MIA is easier to deal with.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lonestar
06-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Hmm let's see, he shipped away his diva troublemaker WR, traded for 2 quarterbacks, and spent high draft picks on 2 WR and 2 o-linemen, but yeah, he's not holding to offense accountable or holding them to as high a standard as the defense! :lol:

You forgot overalled the Running game by replacing the OL coach RB coach, fired two OLINE starters, hired 3 new OL guys in the draft several more in FA.

Not to mention got 3 starters on the DL in the FA mode.

Josh saw what failed him and took steps on BOTH sides of the los to improve the TEAM.

To hold EVERYONE accoutable.

BTW might have missed a player or 3 so feel free to correct what I forgot.

Dirk
06-19-2010, 04:27 AM

There have been plenty of posts here where the offense has been critisized. :listen:

Northman
06-19-2010, 10:37 AM
There have been plenty of posts here where the offense has been critisized. :listen:

Got that right, offense was a bigger problem last year than defense. The so-called genius wasnt so great after all.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Got that right, offense was a bigger problem last year than defense. The so-called genius wasnt so great after all.

:rolleyes: Because he totally had great talent on offense last year and because first year coaches should always perfectly implement their offense with someone else's players.

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Not really. Manning and Co. put up 21 points on our defense with ease, at which point they pretty much shut it down into a ball control style game. As soon as the game was close, they put their foot back on the gas and went right down the field on us again.

Yes the offense was really worse than the defense they blew scoring chance and couldn't convert 3rd downs that's not defense fault.

You're also grasping at strawing if you're going to try and say Manning was just costing until the game got close. That's not Mannings style sorry.

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 10:51 AM

Apparently you missed the part about posters. :rolleyes:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Apparently you missed the part about posters. :rolleyes:

Where does the post I quoted mention posters at all? :confused:

In what way would "The so called genius wasn't so great after all" be referring to posters and not McDaniels? :confused:

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 10:55 AM

For some posters they wont be able to admit the offense failed in that game. There is already a comment in this thread how the offense actually played well. :rofl:

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Where does the post I quoted mention posters at all? :confused:

In what way would "The so called genius wasn't so great after all" be referring to posters and not McDaniels? :confused:

So when is the offense going to be held to the same standard some of the posters hold the D to around here.

Can you see it NOW. :rolleyes:

Your problem is that you misquoted J.

Northman
06-19-2010, 11:04 AM
:rolleyes: Because he totally had great talent on offense last year and because first year coaches should always perfectly implement their offense with someone else's players.

He had more talent on offense than defense that much is for certain. Its not anyone else's fault that he couldnt get along with the starting QB. You lie in the bed you make son. He took the 2nd rated offense and blew it up on his own accord so dont even go there. As for the defense, Nolan took over one of the worst and was expected to make wine out of water and for half the season got every bit of blood who could out of this team only to watch the HC piss all over him for it. Yea, certainly no hypocrisy there now is there? :lol:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 11:05 AM
So when is the offense going to be held to the same standard some of the posters hold the D to around here.

Can you see it NOW. :rolleyes:

Your problem is that you misquoted J.

Then perhaps you should have quoted that post to avoid confusion!

As for J, I saw what he posted but you if you read the last line of his post, it leads one to believe that he's saying McDaniels is holding the defense to a higher standard than he is holding the offense. While it appeared directed at the "posters" it was clearly a veiled pot-shot at McDaniels.

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Then perhaps you should have quoted that post to avoid confusion!

As for J, I saw what he posted but you if you read the last line of his post, it leads one to believe that he's saying McDaniels is holding the defense to a higher standard than he is holding the offense. While it appeared directed at the "posters" it was clearly a veiled pot-shot at McDaniels.

It doesn't lead anyone astray, that's just you wanting to see it that way.

honz
I could care less why Nolan is gone, honestly. I just hope that McD and Wink coach their asses off this year.

Northman
While it appeared directed at the "posters" it was clearly a veiled pot-shot at McDaniels.

You mean like this thread is regarding Nolan? Goddamn you guys are priceless.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 11:09 AM
He had more talent on offense than defense that much is for certain. Its not anyone else's fault that he couldnt get along with the starting QB. You lie in the bed you make son. He took the 2nd rated offense and blew it up on his own accord so dont even go there. As for the defense, Nolan took over one of the worst and was expected to make wine out of water and for half the season got every bit of blood who could out of this team only to watch the HC piss all over him for it. Yea, certainly no hypocrisy there now is there? :lol:

Yes, because he clearly came into Denver saying "I'm going to blow up this offense" :lol: Yeah you have to lay in the bed you make but let's not act like it was his intention to make that bed. If he'd known what a little bitch Cutler was he's have probably gone about things differently.

Ad for Nolan, it's already been clearly documented that the performance of the defense wasn't the sole reason McD got rid of him. And like has been said, he has overhauled the offense this offseason MUCH more than he has the defense, so I really fail to see this hypocrisy.

honz
06-19-2010, 11:12 AM
We don't know what happened, but he is gone. All we can do as fans is root for Wink and McD to succeed. Speculate all you want if it amuses you, but we will likely never know what truly happened.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 11:13 AM
You mean like this thread is regarding Nolan? Goddamn you guys are priceless.

In what way was this thread attacking Nolan? TKO said that he had heard this game was the beginning of the end for Nolan and he was watching the game to see if that was the case. I'm missing this attack on Nolan you are claiming. :confused:

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 11:13 AM
We don't know what happened, but he is gone. All we can do as fans is root for Wink and McD to succeed. Speculate all you want if it amuses you, but we will likely never know what truly happened.

Yep more than likely we never will.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 11:14 AM
It doesn't lead anyone astray, that's just you wanting to see it that way.

And it's me seeing enough of that poster's posts on McDaniels to know how he feels about him.

Northman
06-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes, because he clearly came into Denver saying "I'm going to blow up this offense" :lol: Yeah you have to lay in the bed you make but let's not act like it was his intention to make that bed. If he'd known what a little bitch Cutler was he's have probably gone about things differently.

Ad for Nolan, it's already been clearly documented that the performance of the defense wasn't the sole reason McD got rid of him. And like has been said, he has overhauled the offense this offseason MUCH more than he has the defense, so I really fail to see this hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy is easy. McD got bent out of shape because the defense started faultering down the stretch. But of course McD didnt bother to look at the fact that he took a QB who was supposedly one of the best in the redzone and couldnt even score or substain drives. And for the record, when your not intitially straight up about a phone call you take and try to lie to your QB about it that is intentional period. For a guy who is supposedly a QB friendly kind of guy he didnt do so hot there now did he. In the end Jay wanted out because he was a bitch about it but it all started with the dishonesty of HC would tried to be a sneaky punk about it.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 11:17 AM
The hypocrisy is easy. McD got bent out of shape because the defense started faultering down the stretch. But of course McD didnt bother to look at the fact that he took a QB who was supposedly one of the best in the redzone and couldnt even score or substain drives. And for the record, when your not intitially straight up about a phone call you take and try to lie to your QB about it that is intentional period. For a guy who is supposedly a QB friendly kind of guy he didnt do so hot there now did he. In the end Jay wanted out because he was a bitch about it but it all started with the dishonesty of HC would tried to be a sneaky punk about it.

:lol: Yes he did, he went out and traded for 2 first round QB's this offseason. Good freaking lord! :lol::lol::lol:

Based on his moves this offseason, he has done WAY more to fix the offense than the defense, so this premise that he got bent out of shape over the defense but not the offense is just a flat out lie.

Northman
06-19-2010, 11:17 AM

Well, when you speculate and post threads like these this is what happens. Dont bitch about people pointing out the hypocrisy Honz, point at the individuals who post garbage like this and make assumptions of their own. Its a two way street brother. Half this shit wouldnt start up if it wasnt for moronic threads like this.

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 11:19 AM
And it's me seeing enough of that poster's posts on McDaniels to know how he feels about him.

You're only speculating. Who the hell are you to impugn anyone?

Northman
06-19-2010, 11:19 AM
:lol: Yes he did, he went out and traded for 2 first round QB's this offseason. Good freaking lord! :lol::lol::lol:

Based on his moves this offseason, he has done WAY more to fix the offense than the defense, so this premise that he got bent out of shape over the defense but not the offense is just a flat out lie.

Wow, you are out of touch. He hasnt won anything this year yet BTB. Stay on topic son, we are talking about last year.

Northman
06-19-2010, 11:20 AM
You're only speculating. Who the hell are you to impune anyone?

******* owned.

Dirk
06-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Northman....any way you slice it. The teams fall from a great season is all YOUR fault!

It all started when you went to your first Broncos game. Let's not forget that. :tsk:

Northman
06-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Northman....any way you slice it. The teams fall from a great season is all YOUR fault!

It all started when you went to your first Broncos game. Let's not forget that. :tsk:

Oh snap. You got me.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Wow, you are out of touch. He hasnt won anything this year yet BTB. Stay on topic son, we are talking about last year.

:lol: What the hell was he supposed to do about it last year, put in Simms? Brandstater? He addressed the QB position as soon as he possibly could have.

Northman
06-19-2010, 11:25 AM
:lol: What the hell was he supposed to do about it last year, put in Simms? Brandstater? He addressed the QB position as soon as he possibly could have.

I dont care who the QB was, he was suppose to carry the weight and score. He said Orton was the answer. Next excuse......

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 11:30 AM
I dont care who the QB was, he was suppose to carry the weight and score. He said Orton was the answer. Next excuse......

And the defense was supposed to carry their weight and stop people, and neither of those things happened down the stretch, so McD has made big changes on both sides this offseason. I really fail to see this hypocrisy you speak of.

And I would love to see the quote where McD said "Orton is the answer". I have watched every single one of his press conferences as Broncos Head Coach and I have to say I'm not recalling him making that proclamation.

honz
06-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Well, when you speculate and post threads like these this is what happens. Dont bitch about people pointing out the hypocrisy Honz, point at the individuals who post garbage like this and make assumptions of their own. Its a two way street brother. Half this shit wouldnt start up if it wasnt for moronic threads like this.
WTF? Where did I say any of that? I'm not taking sides here. I find this thread pointless is all I am really saying.

Northman
06-19-2010, 11:38 AM
And the defense was supposed to carry their weight and stop people, and neither of those things happened down the stretch, so McD has made big changes on both sides this offseason. I really fail to see this hypocrisy you speak of.

And I would love to see the quote where McD said "Orton is the answer". I have watched every single one of his press conferences as Broncos Head Coach and I have to say I'm not recalling him making that proclamation.

McD has said that Orton has done very well with the playbook etc. which means he has the vote of confidence from his HC. Nowhere has McD ever said that Orton isnt the answer yet he drafts a QB in the first round and signs another former first rounder. Kind of tells me he says one thing but his actions say otherwise. Not that it bothers me as Orton isnt the answer in my opinion but going by Mcd's words one would think otherwise. As for last year, of course the defense is going to collapse when the offense cant score TD's or at least stay on the field for more than 3 plays. Most defenses cant hold off teams ESPECIALLY the Colts when your offense cant do anything.

Northman
06-19-2010, 11:39 AM
WTF? Where did I say any of that? I'm not taking sides here. I find this thread pointless is all I am really saying.

Im just clarifying my stance. The reason why a lot of this BS goes on is because certain individuals want to post bias articles and put blame elsewhere instead of where it ultimately should be. But like you, lets hope our HC is as good as he thinks he is for the sake of our favorite team.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 11:43 AM
McD has said that Orton has done very well with the playbook etc. which means he has the vote of confidence from his HC. Nowhere has McD ever said that Orton isnt the answer yet he drafts a QB in the first round and signs another former first rounder. Kind of tells me he says one thing but his actions say otherwise. Not that it bothers me as Orton isnt the answer in my opinion but going by Mcd's words one would think otherwise. As for last year, of course the defense is going to collapse when the offense cant score TD's or at least stay on the field for more than 3 plays. Most defenses cant hold off teams ESPECIALLY the Colts when your offense cant do anything.

:lol: What's he supposed to tell the media, that Orton sucks and he can't wait until the day that Tebow is ready to step on the field so that he never has to see that noodle-arm throw a pass for the Broncos again?

Of course he will praise Orton in the media, as he is currently his best option, but that doesn't make him a hypocrite for still trying to upgrade the position.

Northman
06-19-2010, 11:47 AM
:lol: What's he supposed to tell the media, that Orton sucks and he can't wait until the day that Tebow is ready to step on the field so that he never has to see that noodle-arm throw a pass for the Broncos again?

Of course he will praise Orton in the media, as he is currently his best option, but that doesn't make him a hypocrite for still trying to upgrade the position.

Then we agree to disagree. Simple as that.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 11:50 AM

So McD should just be honest and bash his staring QB in the media. That would clearly be his best course of action for the good of the team apparently. Gotcha! :2thumbs:

Northman
06-19-2010, 11:53 AM
So McD should just be honest and bash his staring QB in the media. That would clearly be his best course of action for the good of the team apparently. Gotcha! :2thumbs:

Thats not what im saying but no matter how i explain it you will read into it however you wish. Frankly, when you draft a QB in the first round you are already putting the writing on the wall. :coffee:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Thats not what im saying but no matter how i explain it you will read into it however you wish. Frankly, when you draft a QB in the first round you are already putting the writing on the wall. :coffee:

:lol: Then what are you saying? You are disagreeing with me in saying that McD should be positive about his starting QB in the media but you are also saying he shouldn't be negative? What, should he just not talk about him at all?

Obviously the writing is on the wall for Orton, but as long as he's the best option for McD, that's what he's going to tell the media. You are REALLY reaching by trying to find any hypocrisy here.

Northman
06-19-2010, 12:12 PM
:lol: Then what are you saying? You are disagreeing with me in saying that McD should be positive about his starting QB in the media but you are also saying he shouldn't be negative? What, should he just not talk about him at all?

Obviously the writing is on the wall for Orton, but as long as he's the best option for McD, that's what he's going to tell the media. You are REALLY reaching by trying to find any hypocrisy here.

Not really. We all know that when Reeves attempted to trade Elway and then drafted Maddox that it didnt sit well with both John and Pat. Now, obviously the situation is different because Elway didnt cry like a baby and Orton is nowhere near John's ability level but it did show the sneakiness and backstabbing that led to Reeves being fired. I never said that McD shouldnt be positive about Orton, in fact i already posted that he has "faith" in Orton in terms of the playbook and running the system as he pointed to at the end of last year. However, he went out and got Quinn which is fine because we needed someone better to back him up rather than Simms.

But, he then goes and drafts Tebow when he already has 2 young QB's whom he hasnt said anything negative at all to lead one to believe that he NEEDED to draft a young QB. Maybe if he had drafted one in the later rounds it wouldnt be so obvious but come on, taking one of the most highly profiled QB's in the first round isnt putting the writing on the wall? I mean, i commend Orton for handling the way he has but he does have to feel somewhat pissed that the coach will say one thing and then draft a guy like Tebow who he knows the world wants to see play. By drafting Tebow it shows that he doesnt have the confidence that Orton can be the long term solution. I dont see how anyone could see that from his actions.

Is Orton the best option right now? Im not so sure. Clearly, Tebow is not ready but Quinn i think would be better suited for this type of offense but how much experience he has in the system i do not know. But again, when you go out and blame the DC for struggling with the players he has and then you yourself cannot live up to your end of the team that is definitely hypocrisy. Whats the saying? Dont throw rocks at glass houses.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Not really. We all know that when Reeves attempted to trade Elway and then drafted Maddox that it didnt sit well with both John and Pat. Now, obviously the situation is different because Elway didnt cry like a baby and Orton is nowhere near John's ability level but it did show the sneakiness and backstabbing that led to Reeves being fired. I never said that McD shouldnt be positive about Orton, in fact i already posted that he has "faith" in Orton in terms of the playbook and running the system as he pointed to at the end of last year. However, he went out and got Quinn which is fine because we needed someone better to back him up rather than Simms.

But, he then goes and drafts Tebow when he already has 2 young QB's whom he hasnt said anything negative at all to lead one to believe that he NEEDED to draft a young QB. Maybe if he had drafted one in the later rounds it wouldnt be so obvious but come on, taking one of the most highly profiled QB's in the first round isnt putting the writing on the wall? I mean, i commend Orton for handling the way he has but he does have to feel somewhat pissed that the coach will say one thing and then draft a guy like Tebow who he knows the world wants to see play. By drafting Tebow it shows that he doesnt have the confidence that Orton can be the long term solution. I dont see how anyone could see that from his actions.

Is Orton the best option right now? Im not so sure. Clearly, Tebow is not ready but Quinn i think would be better suited for this type of offense but how much experience he has in the system i do not know. But again, when you go out and blame the DC for struggling with the players he has and then you yourself cannot live up to your end of the team that is definitely hypocrisy. Whats the saying? Dont throw rocks at glass houses.

Pure speculation. :coffee:

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 12:31 PM

That's exactly what you do as well just like the rest of us.

jhildebrand
06-19-2010, 12:34 PM

OK, so why wasn't the coordinator or play caller changed after one year? :confused: IIRC, the offense declined in every single statistical category DESPITE having more talent, chemistry, cohesion, and stability.

If it was good enough to "mutually resign" the D coordinator, DESPITE improving every single statistical category, for his so called failings, why not the OC and play caller? :confused:

Few and far between and hardly by any of the posters who find it fit to constantly trash the D.

By the way, I would listen but the funny thing about a forum is they don't say anything. I prefer to have my eyes open ;)

jhildebrand
06-19-2010, 12:43 PM

He had WAY more on offense than the D ever dreamed of. He had his #12 of the 1st round RB, he had "his" QB, it was his baby.

Funny thing is, Nolan had less talent, cast offs from everybody else, no chemistry among the players, new scheme, new coaches, new system and all of the other handicaps afforded to McDaniels YET his unit improved across the board.

So if Nolan failed so miserably, despite his unit improving across the board, and still finishing as a top 10 unit, what do you call McDaniels and the O.

Yes, because he clearly came into Denver saying "I'm going to blow up this offense"

He never said it but that is precisely what he did. Actions speak louder than words.

In fact, I recall a BRASH and ARROGANT interview with Scott and Al on the FAN, where McD guaranteed he would improve the O across the board. A funny thing happened, he failed miserably and they declined across the board!

Yeah you have to lay in the bed you make but let's not act like it was his intention to make that bed.

What do you mean? He runs everything. Nothing happens that he doesn't want to happen. McDaniels has complete control!

Tempus Fugit
06-19-2010, 12:44 PM

You're wasting your time. The anti-McDaniels stuff is not rational, not well thought out, not generally even close to accurate, and not going to change anytime soon especially because it's all about emotion rather than reason.

Northman
06-19-2010, 12:44 PM

Yep :coffee:

TKO

Bosco

You can see it happening. The cameras showed Josh McDaniels over one the sideline screaming into his headset with no one around him right after the Colts scored their 2nd or 3rd touchdown. Obviously that had to be Nolan on the receiving end of that.

Camdisco24

but there is alot in that game that suggests McD was fed up with Nolan.

Tempus Fugit

Nolan's problem wasn't so much the defensive struggles as his not accepting the fact that he wasn't the big dog in the pack and taking the lead from the H.C. as he should have.

JrMcDwiz

Pretty much sums it all up. Alpha dog giving orders, bitch getting his ass kicking could not handle it.

Northman
06-19-2010, 12:46 PM
You're wasting your time. The anti-McDaniels stuff is not rational, not well thought out, not generally even close to accurate, and not going to change anytime soon especially because it's all about emotion rather than reason.

jhildebrand
06-19-2010, 12:46 PM
And the defense was supposed to carry their weight and stop people, and neither of those things happened down the stretch.

How do you do that when you are on the field for 22 of 30 minutes in the second half of games? :confused:

As for the question about Orton, McDaniels responded to a question once the Orton deal was done. A reporter inquired about the rumors of Brady Quinn and Jason Campbell being trade targets. McDaniels came right out and said Orton was the guy they wanted all along (truly it was Cassell).

Tempus Fugit
06-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Tempus Fugit

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's what the reporters have said. It's not speculation passing on their words. It might be incorrect, if they are incorrect. That's a different issue.

:welcome:

Tempus Fugit
06-19-2010, 12:49 PM

No. Pure analysis. :coffee:

Northman
How do you do that when you are on the field for 22 of 30 minutes in the second half of games? :confused:

Yea, because taking the 29th ranked defense and managing to get it up to 7th is crappy while taking the 2nd ranked offense and dropping down to 15th is progress. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Northman
Sorry to disappoint you, but that's what the reporters have said. It's not speculation passing on their words. It might be incorrect, if they are incorrect. That's a different issue.

:welcome:

Again, speculation. Try harder. :coffee:

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 01:02 PM
No. Pure analysis. :coffee:

You've never provided analysis of anything all you've brought are your opinions. :coffee:

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:04 PM
You've never provided analysis of anything all you've brought are your opinions. :coffee:

Temp is the biggest blowhard on here. :lol:

Tempus Fugit
06-19-2010, 01:07 PM

http://baysideproducts.com/store/images/victoria_cheval_mirror.jpg

Tempus Fugit
06-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Again, speculation. Try harder. :coffee:

You might wish to consult a dictionary.

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:11 PM
You might wish to consult a dictionary.

Why? Obviously you have all the facts err wait.........

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Temp is the biggest blowhard on here. :lol:

There are probably two or three others that would be right there with him. :D

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 01:12 PM
http://baysideproducts.com/store/images/victoria_cheval_mirror.jpg

NO thanks I have one. Btw I wasn't the one making claims that are not factually based that's been your domain.

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:13 PM
NO thanks I have one.

Bwhahahahaahahaa.

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Bwhahahahaahahaa.

I'm glad you got a laugh out of it. :salute:

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 01:16 PM
i simply pointed out that i "had heard" that this game was the one that started the problems between nolan and mcD.and i wanted to watch it again and see if our defense was really so bad.and that i wanted to see marshall break the record for catches again.
i was giving people a heads up in a boring offseason.
i did not once say that the offense was kickin' ass by any means.
only thought it might give some insight as to what really went down between mcD and nolan....that's all.
north....i don't think it's necessary to label the thread "garbage" or whatever you called it.if it has become a "garbage thread you are more responsible than i am .:salute:

Ravage!!!
06-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Yes, because he clearly came into Denver saying "I'm going to blow up this offense" :lol: Yeah you have to lay in the bed you make but let's not act like it was his intention to make that bed.
Uhmm..the first thing he did was try to trade away our starting QB and trade FOR Matt Cassel. If that doesn't tell you his intentions were to blow up the offense, what does?

Ravage!!!
06-19-2010, 01:19 PM
From the accounts I've read, Nolan's problem wasn't so much the defensive struggles as his not accepting the fact that he wasn't the big dog in the pack and taking the lead from the H.C. as he should have. He'll accept it in Miami, though, because he knows that Parcells has the big dog role all to himself.

Yeah.. I read that too. From the posters on THIS message board. Not from anyone with any kind of real info. Purely BS speculation and bashing.

Tempus Fugit
06-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Why? Obviously you have all the facts err wait.........

During that 21-0 blitzkrieg, Nolan called some plays — particularly the run-blitz — that McDaniels didn't like. The hostile way McDaniels handled that communication breakdown was not well-received by Nolan. A month and four consecutive losses later, Nolan and McDaniels mutually agreed to part ways, without much comment.
In Martindale, McDaniels figures to have a more obedient defensive coordinator without losing much aggressiveness.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15205066

My post:

Pretty simple, really, unless you think Nolan is so stupid that he doesn't know Parcells is running the show in Miami.

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah.. I read that too. From the posters on THIS message board. Not from anyone with any kind of real info. Purely BS speculation and bashing.

Word. :salute:

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:21 PM
i simply pointed out that i "had heard" that this game was the one that started the problems between nolan and mcD.and i wanted to watch it again and see if our defense was really so bad.and that i wanted to see marshall break the record for catches again.
i was giving people a heads up in a boring offseason.
i did not once say that the offense was kickin' ass by any means.
only thought it might give some insight as to what really went down between mcD and nolan....that's all.
north....i don't think it's necessary to label the thread "garbage" or whatever you called it.if it has become a "garbage thread you are more responsible than i am .:salute:

You think the offseason has been boring? Really? Guess you havent been paying much attention as its been a cluster**** so far with the differing opinions on any given subject. Im simply responding to you and the others who are "speculating" about McD getting in Nolan's shit about giving up 21 points and simply pointing out the hypocrisy of McD having a big ZERO on his side of the ball. So yes, i think it was silly to specualate but you are in your right to do so just like i can challenge it no?

Tempus Fugit
06-19-2010, 01:21 PM

See my prevous post for enlightenment re: "Not from anyone with any kind of real info".

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:22 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15205066

My post:

Pretty simple, really, unless you think Nolan is so stupid that he doesn't know Parcells is running the show in Miami.

Where in the article did McDaniels state anything like that? I missed it. All i saw were players opinions and we know how far that goes depending on what side of the fence you sit on now doesnt it? Nothing in that article is fact just specualation and opinion.

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Peyton Manning and the Colts forced Mike Nolan from Denver
by BigBlueShoe on Jun 3, 2010 12:25 PM EDT in Colts News 12 comments

It gives me a small measure of pride that the Colts seemingly played a significant part in the break-up of the short-lived Josh McDaniels-Mike Nolan marriage in Denver.

It's no secret that THE reason the Broncos won anything last year was because of their defense. Josh McDaniels is an offensive coach, and when he was (mistakenly) hired as Denver's new head man he hired former 49ers coach Mike Nolan to run the defense. The coaching set-up was McDaniels ran the offense and did next to nothing with the defense. That was Nolan's territory.

When the Broncos started the 2009 season going 6-0, their defense was ranked #1 in the NFL, surrendering 11 points-per-game. Meanwhile, their offense was scoring 22 ppg, which is not "bad," but it was certainly not setting the world on fire.

After Denver's bye week, the team lost four games in a row, and ended the year losing 8 of 10. However, the real landslide with the Broncos occurred during Week Fourteen against the Colts. According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, players say the the rift between McDaniels and Nolan turned into the Grand Canyon during that game.

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Peyton Manning and the Colts forced Mike Nolan from Denver
by BigBlueShoe on Jun 3, 2010 12:25 PM EDT in Colts News 12 comments

It gives me a small measure of pride that the Colts seemingly played a significant part in the break-up of the short-lived Josh McDaniels-Mike Nolan marriage in Denver.

It's no secret that THE reason the Broncos won anything last year was because of their defense. Josh McDaniels is an offensive coach, and when he was (mistakenly) hired as Denver's new head man he hired former 49ers coach Mike Nolan to run the defense. The coaching set-up was McDaniels ran the offense and did next to nothing with the defense. That was Nolan's territory.

When the Broncos started the 2009 season going 6-0, their defense was ranked #1 in the NFL, surrendering 11 points-per-game. Meanwhile, their offense was scoring 22 ppg, which is not "bad," but it was certainly not setting the world on fire.

After Denver's bye week, the team lost four games in a row, and ended the year losing 8 of 10. However, the real landslide with the Broncos occurred during Week Fourteen against the Colts. According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, players say the the rift between McDaniels and Nolan turned into the Grand Canyon during that game.

See above post.

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Loss of Nolan could be big mistake.

Denver Broncos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/;_ylt=AiYNUSgRT9DCw2FC635GkXLSrYZ4) head coach Josh McDaniels probably hasn't meant to base the first year of running his team on a kinder, gentler version of "The Killing Fields", but it's starting to look like it. He alienated Jay Cutler (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760/;_ylt=ApHQWuwIF8vF_HQvOgYxo_fSrYZ4)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760/news;_ylt=Avm7gJyuT0STpDOJQz11hAPSrYZ4) out of town, benched Brandon Marshall (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7868/;_ylt=AtHYajYGm7BrWnxD0P5qpBTSrYZ4)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7868/news;_ylt=AqhsTbdLs6Iwwk8HSdi_stPSrYZ4) toward the end of the season (making it virtually impossible for the Broncos to retain their most talented receiver), and now ... well, he's really blown it. Word came out today that McDaniels and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan have "mutually agreed" to part ways (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgC6nt9DaSkuS2KraG4um9jSrYZ4?slug=ap-broncos-nolandeparts&prov=ap&type=lgns). After what Nolan did for the Broncos, team ownership should be completely outraged at this turn of events.

Under defensive coordinator Bob Slowik, the 2008 Broncos put up the second-worst Defensive DVOA (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AtZGLfTug.TLd9x4zsvaH1vSrYZ4/SIG=11ng7vnme/**http%3A//www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2008) of the last 15 years; only the 2008 Detroit Lions (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/det/;_ylt=AiGp_wmok4CiD4rY2IIoYrbSrYZ4) (you know, the 0-16 Detroit Lions) were worse. Nolan came in, switched to 3-4 personnel from the old 4-3, installed his scheme, and the 2009 Broncos enjoyed a historic defensive renaissance (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AsFMAruaqLzQNg5XPCG9IXHSrYZ4/SIG=11j6661gr/**http%3A//www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef). They put up the second-largest single-season turnaround in the history of Football Outsiders' numbers (only the 1998 Miami Dolphins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/;_ylt=Ahh.QOWxGYROKmvtX27RPr_SrYZ4) were better), and the 6-0 record that McDaniels received so much credit for had a lot more to do with Nolan -- the Broncos gave up just 66 points in those games, while new quarterback Kyle Orton (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7282/;_ylt=AioydD36hPe5Wyve9dX9s5_SrYZ4)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7282/news;_ylt=Aojqb7A6ET7BwN4I208X5WTSrYZ4) never threw for over two touchdowns in a game, and the running game was decidedly average. Nolan's defense did fall apart in the season finale against the Chiefs, but by then, the Broncos were pole vaulting with a rope -- their personnel deficits caught up to them, as did the results of McDaniels' temper tantrums.

The Broncos will eventually overcome the loss of Cutler and the probable departure of Marshall, but it's very difficult to find coaches who can bring their players to the heights of their potential. Nolan is unquestionably just such a coach. He's reportedly already on his way to talk to the Miami Dolphins about their recently vacated defensive coordinator position, which should tell you a thing or two about how much respect Nolan ha earned as a defensive leader. Few people in the NFL know more about building and coaching the 3-4 defense than Dolphins head man Bill Parcells, and there isn't anyone in the league with a better eye for coaching talent. Meanwhile, reports indicate that McDaniels is looking at former New England compatriot Dean Pees, the defensive coordinator that just parted ways with Bill Belichick.

It's tough to explain why McDaniels seems bound and determined to rid himself of the most talented members of his team, on and off the field. But something tells me he's going to regret this move more than the others he's made.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Uhmm..the first thing he did was try to trade away our starting QB and trade FOR Matt Cassel. If that doesn't tell you his intentions were to blow up the offense, what does?

Let me rephrase, I highly doubt his intention coming in was to NEGATIVELY blow up the offense. If he really was trying to trade for Cassel I have no doubt that he thought it would make the team better.

If you really think he was TRYING to make our offense worse, then you are far too delusional to discuss this any further with. He hasn't gone his entire career in football without a losing season because he wants to make the teams he is on worse.

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 01:29 PM
From Klis, via PFT:

As I was told by several players, the beginning of the end for Nolan was the Indianapolis Colts' game — the 13th of the season. To review, the Broncos carried an 8-4 record into that game, having won their last two. McDaniels won the coin toss, deferred, and then Peyton Manning put the Colts up 21-0 after three possessions.
During that 21-0 blitzkrieg, Nolan called some plays — particularly the run-blitz — that McDaniels didn't like. The hostile way McDaniels handled that communication breakdown was not well-received by Nolan. A month and four consecutive losses later, Nolan and McDaniels mutually agreed to part ways, without much comment.

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:31 PM
From Klis, via PFT:

As I was told by several players, the beginning of the end for Nolan was the Indianapolis Colts' game — the 13th of the season. To review, the Broncos carried an 8-4 record into that game, having won their last two. McDaniels won the coin toss, deferred, and then Peyton Manning put the Colts up 21-0 after three possessions.

Hence, hypocrisy.

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Loss of Nolan could be big mistake.

if the 31st ranked run defense for the final 6 games of the season is our D reaching its maximum potential i guess it won't matter who the DC is:laugh:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 01:33 PM
It's tough to explain why McDaniels seems bound and determined to rid himself of the most talented members of his team, on and off the field. But something tells me he's going to regret this move more than the others he's made.

It's idiotic quotes like this that make me not take articles like this seriously.

If McDaniels is so bound to get rid of the most talented members of his team, why are Clady, Harris, Kuper, Royal, Dumervil, Williams, and Bailey still here? :confused:

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Hence, hypocrisy.

by whom ?

TXBRONC
if the 31st ranked run defense for the final 6 games of the season is our D reaching its maximum potential i guess it won't matter who the DC is:laugh:

Yeah and we had an offense that went backwards didn't we TKO and the defense ended being ranked in the top ten. :rolleyes:

Northman

Considering the lack of offensive help any defense would collapse unless it was the 85' bears, 00' ravens, and 02' bucs. But since those defenses are hard to come by they actually have to get a little more help than what McDaniels offered. The fact that we made it 6 games off of defense is testament enough to who carried who for most of the season. We are going into a brand new season and we are still waiting for the offense to score. :lol:

BroncoWave
Hence, hypocrisy.

No, it isn't...

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:36 PM
by whom ?

By the HC.

You cant bitch at a 21-0 hole when you yourself cannot get the offense to score at all. HENCE HYPOCRISY.

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 01:36 PM
No, it isn't...

Yeah it is. :boring:

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:37 PM
It's idiotic quotes like this that make me not take articles like this seriously.

If McDaniels is so bound to get rid of the most talented members of his team, why are Clady, Harris, Kuper, Royal, Dumervil, Williams, and Bailey still here? :confused:

Hence why i cant take articles seriously that try and paint the one guy a villian who was the only reason we made it too 8-8. Yet, you buy into hook, line, and sinker. Go figure.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 01:38 PM
You cant bitch at a 21-0 hole when you yourself cannot get the offense to score at all. HENCE HYPOCRISY.

Yes, you can.

McD is the one who controls the offense so he can't really yell at himself. You have no idea how hard he was on himself about the offense struggling or how much effort he put into fixing it, so unless you are privy to those facts you really have no grounds for calling him a hypocrite.

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Yes, you can.

McD is the one who controls the offense so he can't really yell at himself. You have no idea how hard he was on himself about the offense struggling or how much effort he put into fixing it, so unless you are privy to those facts you really have no grounds for calling him a hypocrite.

And you do? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Hence why i cant take articles seriously that try and paint the one guy a villian who was the only reason we made it too 8-8. Yet, you buy into hook, line, and sinker. Go figure.

Game, set, match. :laugh:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 01:41 PM

Show me where I've bought into that. In fact, show me where I've blamed Nolan or the defense at all. You're just making things up now to suit your argument.

All I've said is that McD isn't a hypocrite because I feel that he has put in equal effort to fix the defense AND offense. NOWHERE in this thread or in any other thread have I vilified Nolan for how the end of the season went down. That is just a flat out lie.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Game, set, match. :laugh:

No, not really. Once again, someone please show me where I have bought into or agreed with an article that paints Nolan as the villain. I have done nothing of the sort. :confused:

Tempus Fugit
Hence, hypocrisy.

Again, you need to consult a dictionary. You misuse use words at an amazing pace.

T.K.O.
By the HC.

i am NOT bitching....i said again ! i had heard the reason for the rift between mcD and nolan started when the colts ripped off a 21 point lead !
i said nothing about wether or not I believed it was nolan's fault or the D was solely responsible.
i would have preffered for the broncos to have the offensive firepower to be the ones laying on the points ....DUH !
STOP making me out to be the one judging here ! I'M NOT !

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 01:43 PM
And you do? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, but I'm not the one accusing him of things like being a hypocrite, now am I? I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I don't know all the facts.

Tempus Fugit
06-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Where in the article did McDaniels state anything like that? I missed it. All i saw were players opinions and we know how far that goes depending on what side of the fence you sit on now doesnt it? Nothing in that article is fact just specualation and opinion.

What part of "From the accounts I've read" are you struggling to understand?

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:46 PM
All I've said is that McD isn't a hypocrite because I feel that he has put in equal effort to fix the defense AND offense. NOWHERE in this thread or in any other thread have I vilified Nolan for how the end of the season went down. That is just a flat out lie.

Than it has nothing to do with you BTB. Im talking about the people who are claiming that. Im talking about the hypocrisy where a HC bitches about a guy being in a 21-0 hole and that same guy cant get the offense to carry its own weight. This has nothing to do about his offseason moves dude. We are talking about the 09' season and where the offense failed to live up to the expectations and yet our HC gave our DC a bunch of grief for doing the same thing that McDaniels is and that is improving the team which doesnt happen overnight. So why is it expected that Nolan fix everything in one year and McD doesnt? Get my drift here? McD and Nolan got into a tiff because McD expected more from the guy than he was able to give at that present time. But obviously when Nolan gave him grief back about not living up to his expectations all of a sudden Nolan is expendable. I have never seen a HC who has this much of a problem getting along with players and coaches. Ever.

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:50 PM
No, but I'm not the one accusing him of things like being a hypocrite, now am I? I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I don't know all the facts.

Oh ******* boohoo. God forbid i have an opinion on something. Are you really that sad that i dont glorify the guy like some do on here? Really? Look at my last post as i explained exactly why i feel he is a hypocrite. Just because i have an opinion on how the man handles his business has no effect on this coming year. I hope to god he proves me wrong but until then he deserves nothing. Respect is earned, not given. Show me some progress and i would love to give the guy more kudos. Until then, he will have to wait at least coming from me. And yea, im the same way with EVERY coach.

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:50 PM
What part of "From the accounts I've read" are you struggling to understand?

Im sorry, are you still blabbering about something?

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Report: Nolan left Denver after Dolphins sought permission to interview him
Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2010 8:06 PM ET
The sudden departure of defensive coordinator Mike Nolan from the Broncos raised plenty of eyebrows around the league.

Why would Nolan want out of Denver? And why would Broncos coach Josh McDaniels let him go?

Steve Wyche of NFL.com has some answers. But, as is often the case in matters of this nature, the answers only give rise to more questions.

Per Wyche, the Dolphins submitted to the Broncos a written request to interview Nolan. McDaniels then asked Nolan whether he prefers to be with the Broncos or the Dolphins, and Nolan chose the Dolphins.

So McDaniels and the Broncos let him walk.

But how exactly did Nolan know that he'd get the job in Miami? And why in the hell would the Dolphins submit a request to interview Denver's defensive coordinator for the very same job in Miami?

Usually, such requests are made when the position would entail a promotion, like when McDaniels allowed offensive line coach Rick Dennison to leave Denver to become the offensive coordinator of the Texans, or when McDaniels eventually decided to allow running backs coach Bobby Turner to augment his position with the title of associate head coach in D.C.

So we're supposed to believe that the Dolphins took a shot in the dark in the hopes the Broncos would allow Nolan to make a lateral move to a team with which Denver potentially competes every year for wild-card positioning and/or home-field advantage, and Nolan took a leap of faith that by walking from the Broncos he'd have an equivalent job in Miami.

Or maybe, just maybe, the Dolphins contacted Nolan to work out a tentative deal, if Miami could persuade the Broncos to let Nolan walk. Of course, that would be tampering, but the Broncos apparently didn't have the desire to claim that the Dolphins had unauthorized contact with Nolan.

Even if that's precisely what occurred.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Than it has nothing to do with you BTB. Im talking about the people who are claiming that. Im talking about the hypocrisy where a HC bitches about a guy being in a 21-0 hole and that same guy cant get the offense to carry its own weight. This has nothing to do about his offseason moves dude. We are talking about the 09' season and where the offense failed to live up to the expectations and yet our HC gave our DC a bunch of grief for doing the same thing that McDaniels is and that is improving the team which doesnt happen overnight. So why is it expected that Nolan fix everything in one year and McD doesnt? Get my drift here? McD and Nolan got into a tiff because McD expected more from the guy than he was able to give at that present time. But obviously when Nolan gave him grief back about not living up to his expectations all of a sudden Nolan is expendable. I have never seen a HC who has this much of a problem getting along with players and coaches. Ever.

So because McD didn't have the offense where he wanted it, he's not allowed to try to push the d-coordinator to get more out of the defense? He's supposed to just shut up and let the defense suck because the offense is struggling? That's just ridiculous logic. Maybe Nolan should have had thicker skin and not worried about what the offense is doing. He was only the DC, remember. McDaniels, as the head coach, has the responsibility of making sure both sides of the ball are performing well. If Nolan had such a problem with that, it's probably for the best that he's gone.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Oh ******* boohoo. God forbid i have an opinion on something. Are you really that sad that i dont glorify the guy like some do on here? Really? Look at my last post as i explained exactly why i feel he is a hypocrite. Just because i have an opinion on how the man handles his business has no effect on this coming year. I hope to god he proves me wrong but until then he deserves nothing. Respect is earned, not given. Show me some progress and i would love to give the guy more kudos. Until then, he will have to wait at least coming from me. And yea, im the same way with EVERY coach.

It's one thing to take the wait and see approach and to not heap praise upon him, it's quite another thing to call him a hypocrite with NOTHING to back it up though. But whatever floats your boat.

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:57 PM
So because McD didn't have the offense where he wanted it, he's not allowed to try to push the d-coordinator to get more out of the defense?

Seriously bro, how much more could he get out of that skeleton crew? We saw something similiar in 06' when after the offense couldnt get out of the funk the defense eventually collapsed. It was a miracle within itself that Nolan got that defense to even play as well as they did. Take in the fact that history has shown us that Manning has our number, same with Bmore. But at some point the offense has to contribute in some manner to alleviate some of the pressure off the defense.

He's supposed to just shut up and let the defense suck because the offense is struggling? That's just ridiculous logic. Maybe Nolan should have had thicker skin and not worried about what the offense is doing. He was only the DC, remember. McDaniels, as the head coach, has the responsibility of making sure both sides of the ball are performing well. If Nolan had such a problem with that, it's probably for the best that he's gone.

Its not about Mcd being upset, its how he handles it. If you cant handle your personnel properly when EVERYONE is going through change and adapting to new schemes you would think he would handle those situations better.

Northman
06-19-2010, 01:58 PM
It's one thing to take the wait and see approach and to not heap praise upon him, it's quite another thing to call him a hypocrite with NOTHING to back it up though. But whatever floats your boat.

Thank you. :salute:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Seriously bro, how much more could he get out of that skeleton crew? We saw something similiar in 06' when after the offense couldnt get out of the funk the defense eventually collapsed. It was a miracle within itself that Nolan got that defense to even play as well as they did. Take in the fact that history has shown us that Manning has our number, same with Bmore. But at some point the offense has to contribute in some manner to alleviate some of the pressure off the defense.

Its not about Mcd being upset, its how he handles it. If you cant handle your personnel properly when EVERYONE is going through change and adapting to new schemes you would think he would handle those situations better.

Or it could be the case that Nolan hadn't gotten over being a head coach and couldn't take the heat of not being the head honcho any more. Like I said, it's McD's JOB to make sure both sides of the ball are performing well. If what you said is true about Nolan giving McD grief about his side not living up to expectations, then he had to go. It is not Nolan's place AT ALL to be giving the head coach grief about how the other side of the ball is performing.

And also, none of our other coaches seemed to have a problem with how McD was running things. Seems like Nolan was the only one with a beef.

Bosco
06-19-2010, 02:06 PM
So when is the offense going to be held to the same standard some of the posters hold the D to around here :confused: About the time they start out the season looking like one of the best in the league and then suffer an epic collapse.

You're also grasping at strawing if you're going to try and say Manning was just costing until the game got close. That's not Mannings style sorry. Watch the damn game for a change. It's painfully obvious that they took their foot off the gas until their very last scoring drive

He took the 2nd rated offense and blew it up on his own accord so dont even go there. You mean that 16th ranked offense?

The hypocrisy is easy. McD got bent out of shape because the defense started faultering down the stretch. But of course McD didnt bother to look at the fact that he took a QB who was supposedly one of the best in the redzone and couldnt even score or substain drives. Did you miss all the times McD was chewing out his offense, two of which were recorded very well?

This is what I don't get about you people. You guys make it seem like Josh was acting like a manic tyrant to Nolan while simultaneously convincing himself that the offense was just fine and dandy. Obviously that couldn't be further from the truth given the investment he has made in the offense over the last two off-seasons, yet people still act like he's just ignoring it.

And for the record, when your not intitially straight up about a phone call you take and try to lie to your QB about it that is intentional period. That never happened. The Lions and Bucs called us wanting to work out a trade and we declined them both. The team was never misleading about that fact, but Jay went out and claimed that the team was actively trying to shop him, which was never true.

For a guy who is supposedly a QB friendly kind of guy he didnt do so hot there now did he. In the end Jay wanted out because he was a bitch about it but it all started with the dishonesty of HC would tried to be a sneaky punk about it. Josh's dishonesty lead to Jay requesting a trade after Bates wasn't retained?

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Did you miss all the times McD was chewing out his offense, two of which were recorded very well?

This is what I don't get about you people. You guys make it seem like Josh was acting like a manic tyrant to Nolan while simultaneously convincing himself that the offense was just fine and dandy. Obviously that couldn't be further from the truth given the investment he has made in the offense over the last two off-seasons, yet people still act like he's just ignoring it.

Fantastic point!

tcrl7BPY-64

But yeah, he only yelled at Nolan and pretended the offense was fine! :lol:

and also...

_fsZoSx8H2Y

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Or it could be the case that Nolan hadn't gotten over being a head coach and couldn't take the heat of not being the head honcho any more. Like I said, it's McD's JOB to make sure both sides of the ball are performing well. If what you said is true about Nolan giving McD grief about his side not living up to expectations, then he had to go. It is not Nolan's place AT ALL to be giving the head coach grief about how the other side of the ball is performing.

I would think a young guy like McD would understand that Nolan is an experienced veteran coach who knows how to handle his business. I just find it hard to believe people dont think McD's shit dont stink. There are some qualities to like about the guy but others not so much. But you are entitled to your opinion.

And also, none of our other coaches seemed to have a problem with how McD was running things. Seems like Nolan was the only one with a beef.

Because they are all yes men. Not too mention none of them are nearly as experienced as Nolan. Nolan knows what he was doing but when he didnt have all the players yet in place there were bound to be letdowns. Now, you take a young HC who "thinks" he knows it all and hasnt been able to live up to his expectations as a offensvie genius it was bound to lead to a butting of heads. But i would guarantee that Nolan would of still worked with McD had he been a little more humble.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 02:16 PM
I would think a young guy like McD would understand that Nolan is an experienced veteran coach who knows how to handle his business. I just find it hard to believe people dont think McD's shit dont stink. There are some qualities to like about the guy but others not so much. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Because they are all yes men. Not too mention none of them are nearly as experienced as Nolan. Nolan knows what he was doing but when he didnt have all the players yet in place there were bound to be letdowns. Now, you take a young HC who "thinks" he knows it all and hasnt been able to live up to his expectations as a offensvie genius it was bound to lead to a butting of heads. But i would guarantee that Nolan would of still worked with McD had he been a little more humble.

So it's ok for Nolan to be a dick to McD because he has experience but it's not ok when McD does it, even though he's Nolan's superior. Wow, ok! :lol:

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Per Wyche," the Dolphins submitted to the Broncos a written request to interview Nolan. McDaniels then asked Nolan whether he prefers to be with the Broncos or the Dolphins, and Nolan chose the Dolphins."

So McDaniels and the Broncos let him walk.

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:19 PM
You mean that 16th ranked offense?

Scoring offense was 16th, not total offense which means 3rd down conversions, controlling the ball was far superior in 09'. Nice try.

Did you miss all the times McD was chewing out his offense, two of which were recorded very well?

We are talking specifically about the Colts game, again nice try.

Never said that. He has indeed addressed some of those this offseason which was never denied by me. Fish harder.

That never happened. The Lions and Bucs called us wanting to work out a trade and we declined them both. The team was never misleading about that fact, but Jay went out and claimed that the team was actively trying to shop him, which was never true.

Uh yea he was. Initially he told Jay the calls never happened. Only when it got reported in the media did McD come forward and say they did in fact get calls on a possible trade but were late to the party.

Josh's dishonesty lead to Jay requesting a trade after Bates wasn't retained?

Link please? Although Jay was upset about Bates i dont recall him ever asking for a trade at that point.

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:21 PM
So it's ok for Nolan to be a dick to McD because he has experience but it's not ok when McD does it, even though he's Nolan's superior. Wow, ok! :lol:

I never stated that. How do you come up with this shit?

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 02:24 PM
I never stated that. How do you come up with this shit?

You said yourself that when McD gave Nolan crap about the defense that Nolan shot back with how McD's side of the ball was performing, and you didn't criticize Nolan for doing that while you are slaying McDaniels, so...

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:26 PM
You said yourself that when McD gave Nolan crap about the defense that Nolan shot back with how McD's side of the ball was performing, and you didn't criticize Nolan for doing that while you are slaying McDaniels, so...

Em, no. Your better than this dude come on. I only said it wouldnt be surprising based off his experience that he would of shot back at McD. Not that it was right, wrong, or indifferent. :lol:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 02:29 PM
We are talking specifically about the Colts game, again nice try.

:lol: Child please. The Colts game wasn't the only game we played last season. It's completely fair game to show examples from other games of McD yelling at the offense to show that it's not only poor wittle Nolan that McD chewed out.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Em, no. Your better than this dude come on. I only said it wouldnt be surprising based off his experience that he would of shot back at McD. Not that it was right, wrong, or indifferent. :lol:

It would be COMPLETELY wrong. Nolan was not the head coach. McD is. It's not Nolan's place at all to say ANYTHING to McD about how he's running his offense.

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:33 PM
:lol: Child please. The Colts game wasn't the only game we played last season. It's completely fair game to show examples from other games of McD yelling at the offense to show that it's not only poor wittle Nolan that McD chewed out.

Uh, well i guess it would be grand if that is what we were actually talking about. But since we are talking about the offense not pulling their weight and the HC complaining about the defense giving up a 21-0 deficit i dont see how the rest comes into play. Its not about the yelling in particular. Its about yelling when you yourself arent doing your job on the field. McFly? You out there? :lol:

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:34 PM
It would be COMPLETELY wrong. Nolan was not the head coach. McD is. It's not Nolan's place at all to say ANYTHING to McD about how he's running his offense.

Sure, and it would be hypocritical to complain about it when your offense cant score any points which goes all the way back to my original point. Thanks BTB! :beer:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Sure, and it would be hypocritical to complain about it when your offense cant score any points which goes all the way back to my original point. Thanks BTB! :beer:

Which goes back to my point that it's stupid to say he shouldn't be allowed to yell at the defense because the offense is struggling. Thanks Northman! :beer:

And if the videos from other games are any indication, why would you assume that McD wasn't giving the offense in that game just as much crap as the defense? He didn't seem to have a problem with doing that in any other game. :confused:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Uh, well i guess it would be grand if that is what we were actually talking about. But since we are talking about the offense not pulling their weight and the HC complaining about the defense giving up a 21-0 deficit i dont see how the rest comes into play. Its not about the yelling in particular. Its about yelling when you yourself arent doing your job on the field. McFly? You out there? :lol:

lolwut? Once again, you are assuming that he ONLY yelled at the defense in that game and just ignored the offense's struggles. I know you don't really believe that.

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 02:43 PM
i think when you gameplan against a team like the colts you have to go into it knowing that you can't get into a deep hole early. it was critical that the D keep manning in check,especially early.
mcD was painfully aware by that point in the season that his offense was not built to come from behind.so the emphasis had to be on containing the colts offense and letting the broncos O try and keep it close.
when you go down 21-0 it pretty much puts tremendous pressure on the offense and virtually eliminates the running game.
hence marshall's record breaking catch performance....the colts D did'nt care if he caught 50 balls...the game was already won in the first few minutes.
i think that is why mcD blew a gasket,the entire gameplan was rendered moot in the 1st quarter.

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Which goes back to my point that it's stupid to say he shouldn't be allowed to yell at the defense because the offense is struggling. Thanks Northman! :beer:

And if the videos from other games are any indication, why would you assume that McD wasn't giving the offense in that game just as much crap as the defense? He didn't seem to have a problem with doing that in any other game. :confused:

Again, your not following the conversation man. You keep referring to the "talking" and im talking in regards to the actual "playing". I can see your just never going to understand what im talking about here so ill make it simple for you.

Did McDaniels make the offense better in 09' Yes or No?

Bosco
06-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Scoring offense was 16th, not total offense which means 3rd down conversions, controlling the ball was far superior in 09'. Nice try. Yeah, that "2nd ranked" offense was in yards. Where it counts (points) they were as average as you can get.

We are talking specifically about the Colts game, again nice try. So you're stating that you believe McD thought the offense was just fine in the Colts game?

Never said that. He has indeed addressed some of those this offseason which was never denied by me. Fish harder. Then why are you still harping on the offensive performance?

Uh yea he was. Initially he told Jay the calls never happened. Only when it got reported in the media did McD come forward and say they did in fact get calls on a possible trade but were late to the party. That was Cutler (a well documented liar) and his agent's version of the events. Josh McDaniels never claimed that the calls never happened to my recollection.

Link please? Although Jay was upset about Bates i dont recall him ever asking for a trade at that point. How about four of them?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/01/freeagency/index.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4722057

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/03/02/king-cutler-had-already-asked-to-be-traded/

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/blog/2010/01/06/will-bears-cede-to-jay-cutler-and-hire-jeremy-bates/

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:46 PM
i think when you gameplan against a team like the colts you have to go into it knowing that you can't get into a deep hole early. it was critical that the D keep manning in check,especially early.
mcD was painfully aware by that point in the season that his offense was not built to come from behind.so the emphasis had to be on containing the colts offense and letting the broncos O try and keep it close.
when you go down 21-0 it pretty much puts tremendous pressure on the offense and virtually eliminates the running game.
hence marshall's record breaking catch performance....the colts D did'nt care if he caught 50 balls...the game was already won in the first few minutes.
i think that is why mcD blew a gasket,the entire gameplan was rendered moot in the 1st quarter.

If McD had that expectation after having the 29th ranked defense the previous year he is out of his mind. But then again he did take a more productive offense and make it virtually useless again so you may have a point.

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:50 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/01/freeagency/index.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4722057

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/03/02/king-cutler-had-already-asked-to-be-traded/

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/blog/2010/01/06/will-bears-cede-to-jay-cutler-and-hire-jeremy-bates/

2 from King yet neither of them have a direct quote from the horses mouth. Pure speculation. :lol:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Again, your not following the conversation man. You keep referring to the "talking" and im talking in regards to the actual "playing". I can see your just never going to understand what im talking about here so ill make it simple for you.

Did McDaniels make the offense better in 09' Yes or No?

Fine, the offense wasn't much if any better that the year before, but how does that mean McD wasn't doing his job? Maybe the players he had just weren't good enough. Regardless of how the offense did though, the head coach oversees all aspects of the team. Just because the side of the field that's his specialty didn't perform as well as he wanted doesn't mean that he can't hold the defense to a high standard as well.

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Fine, the offense wasn't much if any better that the year before, but how does that mean McD wasn't doing his job?

Again, its not about him doing his job. It just means he had no room to bitch. I think we can all agree it was going to take more than one year to fix a lot of avenues on this team. So why is McD really going to get into another man's face when he himself had not shown any progress yet? I mean, you have to agree that Nolan did more for Denver last year than McD did right?

Maybe the players he had just weren't good enough. Regardless of how the offense did though, the head coach oversees all aspects of the team. Just because the side of the field that's his specialty didn't perform as well as he wanted doesn't mean that he can't hold the defense to a high standard as well.

Again, holding one to a standard is one thing. But creating a division based off of that when it was clear that more things needed to be fixed before creating that rift is a whole different animal entirely. I believe McD should of waited until the team got more balanced before hammering his DC the way he did. I dont think Nolan took a small belittling and made that big a deal out of it. From what ive "read" McD was trying take some of the playcalling away from Nolan and thats what created the rift. When you hire someone to do their job let them do it and help them get the pieces they need to succeed before trashing them. That is what im getting at.

Bosco
06-19-2010, 02:56 PM
2 from King yet neither of them have a direct quote from the horses mouth. Pure speculation. :lol:

Say what? The very first link is from King's article in Sports Illustrated. The second one references Schefter.

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 02:57 PM
If McD had that expectation after having the 29th ranked defense the previous year he is out of his mind. But then again he did take a more productive offense and make it virtually useless again so you may have a point.

every coach who plays against a high powered offense has to go into the game knowing the best chance you have to win is to control the clock and throw something at them defensively to keep them in check.
you dont take an injured kyle orton and a "simms" into a shootout with peyton manning. defense has to be the focus for such a game.
but the fact remains orton and marshall played valiantly that day and gave it their all.but could not overcome the early deficit.
i agree the offense was putrid down the stretch as was the defense.
we got manhandled by the frickin' Queefs. MANHANDLED at home !
we stunk on both sides of the ball .regardless Nolan was asked if he wanted to stay and he declined.if that is because he did'nt like mcD....fine.
but mcD is the HC and he can"t force players or coaches to stay if they dont want to without risking a major breakdown in team chemistry.which if you ask any superbowl championship team,is far more important than one or 2 or 3 people that want to be treated "special":salute:

Northman
06-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Say what? The very first link is from King's article in Sports Illustrated. The second one references Schefter.

The third link is Schalter or whatever his name is quoting King himself. And again, there is no direct quote from Cutler about asking for a trade. Just a rumor but we know how those go right? Everyone knows Jay was pissed about Bates but at no time did he request a trade (at least on record). Again, here is someone (you) taking a rumor and trying to proclaim it true to fit your arguement.

Northman
06-19-2010, 03:00 PM
every coach who plays against a high powered offense has to go into the game knowing the best chance you have to win is to control the clock and throw something at them defensively to keep them in check.
you dont take an injured kyle orton and a "simms" into a shootout with peyton manning. defense has to be the focus for such a game.
but the fact remains orton and marshall played valiantly that day and gave it their all.but could not overcome the early deficit.
i agree the offense was putrid down the stretch as was the defense.
we got manhandled by the frickin' Queefs. MANHANDLED at home !
we stunk on both sides of the ball .regardless Nolan was asked if he wanted to stay and he declined.if that is because he did'nt like mcD....fine.
but mcD is the HC and he can"t force players or coaches to stay if they dont want to without risking a major breakdown in team chemistry.which if you ask any superbowl championship team,is far more important than one or 2 or 3 people that want to be treated "special":salute:

I think we've covered that for part of the year the defense did what it could to a 6-0 start. After that, blame injuries to Orton, etc it doenst matter. The offense was stagnant all year long and couldnt control the clock at all and left the defense on an island for most of the year.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Again, its not about him doing his job. It just means he had no room to bitch. I think we can all agree it was going to take more than one year to fix a lot of avenues on this team. So why is McD really going to get into another man's face when he himself had not shown any progress yet? I mean, you have to agree that Nolan did more for Denver last year than McD did right?

Again, holding one to a standard is one thing. But creating a division based off of that when it was clear that more things needed to be fixed before creating that rift is a whole different animal entirely. I believe McD should of waited until the team got more balanced before hammering his DC the way he did. I dont think Nolan took a small belittling and made that big a deal out of it. From what ive "read" McD was trying take some of the playcalling away from Nolan and thats what created the rift. When you hire someone to do their job let them do it and help them get the pieces they need to succeed before trashing them. That is what im getting at.

Again, here is someone (you) taking a rumor and trying to proclaim it true to fit your arguement.

The hypocrisy in your argument is just OOZING from these 2 posts! :lol:

Most of what your said in the first post is also unsubstantiated rumor, but you have no problem buying into it and slaying McD, since it fits your view of him and all.

Northman
06-19-2010, 03:03 PM
The hypocrisy in your argument is just OOZING from these 2 posts! :lol:

Most of what your said in the first post is also unsubstantiated rumor, but you have no problem buying into it and slaying McD, since it fits your view of him and all.

Em no. I dont claim mine to be fact, just opinion.

Bosco
06-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Again, its not about him doing his job. It just means he had no room to bitch. I think we can all agree it was going to take more than one year to fix a lot of avenues on this team. So why is McD really going to get into another man's face when he himself had not shown any progress yet? Sorry, that is about the most ass backwards way of looking at this that I've ever heard. This is Josh's team, and Nolan is his subordinate. Everything that happens on the field ultimately falls at his feet. The idea that just because the offense struggled that he is somehow obligated to ignore the defense's failings is asinine to the highest degree.

I mean, you have to agree that Nolan did more for Denver last year than McD did right? Absolutely not. Josh brought the scheme and personnel (including Nolan and all his assistants) to Denver. Nolan simply helped with the gameplanning and defensive playcalling.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Sorry, that is about the most ass backwards way of looking at this that I've ever heard. This is Josh's team, and Nolan is his subordinate. Everything that happens on the field ultimately falls at his feet. The idea that just because the offense struggled that he is somehow obligated to ignore the defense's failings is asinine to the highest degree.

Absolutely not. Josh brought the scheme and personnel (including Nolan and all his assistants) to Denver. Nolan simply helped with the gameplanning and defensive playcalling.

THANK YOU! Very well put! Could not have said it better myself. :beer:

Northman
06-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Sorry, that is about the most ass backwards way of looking at this that I've ever heard. This is Josh's team, and Nolan is his subordinate. Everything that happens on the field ultimately falls at his feet. The idea that just because the offense struggled that he is somehow obligated to ignore the defense's failings is asinine to the highest degree.

WOW, just wow.

Ok, im done here. Ive NEVER stated he needs to ignore the defense. Until you guys can actually follow a simple conversation i will have to move onto another thread. Im utterly shocked. :lol:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 03:12 PM
WOW, just wow.

Ok, im done here. Ive NEVER stated he needs to ignore the defense. Until you guys can actually follow a simple conversation i will have to move onto another thread. Im utterly shocked. :lol:

:lol: Please, you've done EXACTLY what Bosco claimed in that post. Don't back away from it now!

Northman
06-19-2010, 03:13 PM
:lol: Please, you've done EXACTLY what Bosco claimed in that post. Don't back away from it now!

Find a quote of mine where i stated he needs to ignore the defense? Anywhere. Ill wait.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Find a quote of mine where i stated he needs to ignore the defense? Anywhere. Ill wait.

The word "ignore" was obviously hyperbole on his part (you do know what that is right?) but you have clearly been stating that he has no right give the defense crap since his offense wasn't great. And as Bosco said, that is a pretty bass ackwards way of looking at things.

Northman
06-19-2010, 03:20 PM
The word "ignore" was obviously hyperbole on his part (you do know what that is right?) but you have clearly been stating that he has no right give the defense crap since his offense wasn't great. And as Bosco said, that is a pretty bass ackwards way of looking at things.

I said that he could give him grief just that the way he was conveying it could of been more tactful considering the situation of the team. Nowhere did i say he needed to ignore the defense. Nice try.

At the end of the day its my opinion. Same as yours.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 03:22 PM
I said that he could give him grief just that the way he was conveying it could of been more tactful considering the situation of the team. Nowhere did i say he needed to ignore the defense. Nice try.

Nowhere did I say you did. Nice try. In fact, I explicitly stated that the word "ignore" was hyperbole. Guess you missed that part.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 03:23 PM

Also, you have no idea how he conveyed it other than from media rumors. :coffee:

Northman
06-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Also, you have no idea how he conveyed it other than from media rumors. :coffee:

Hence why i said it was my opinion. :coffee:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Hence why i said it was my opinion. :coffee:

Then you should probably quit stating it as if it's fact. :coffee:

Northman
06-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Then you should probably quit stating it as if it's fact. :coffee:

Never have stated it as fact. :coffee:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Never have stated it as fact. :coffee:

You have actually. In basically every post in this thread. :coffee:

Northman
06-19-2010, 03:35 PM
You have actually. In basically every post in this thread. :coffee:

Emm, nope. Said early on it was just an opinion. Might want to touch up on your reading comprehension mate. :coffee:

Post #48

Post #107

God forbid i have an opinion on something.

Bosco
06-19-2010, 03:47 PM
And again, there is no direct quote from Cutler about asking for a trade. Just a rumor but we know how those go right? Everyone knows Jay was pissed about Bates but at no time did he request a trade (at least on record). Of course not. If he admitted to it (he never actually denied it when questioned either) then it would expose the whole trade talks drama for exactly what it was; a catalyst to get him out of Denver.

Of course this is the same kid who openly requested a trade, is caught on camera celebrating at a basketball game, and then when he gets to Chicago tries to tell everyone that he never wanted to be traded.

Cutler's credibility is about zero.

Again, here is someone (you) taking a rumor and trying to proclaim it true to fit your arguement. The first two links contain reporting from King and Schefter. Even if you call bullshit on King, you've openly stated on this very forum that Schefter is the best NFL reporter out there, so you really have no choice but to give this the amount of credence that it deserves.

At the end of the day its my opinion. Same as yours. So what exactly is your problem? Are you pissed that he was so "vocal" (for lack of a better word) in going after Nolan, or that he did so while his offense was struggling?

Northman
06-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Of course not. If he admitted to it (he never actually denied it when questioned either) then it would expose the whole trade talks drama for exactly what it was; a catalyst to get him out of Denver.

Of course this is the same kid who openly requested a trade, is caught on camera celebrating at a basketball game, and then when he gets to Chicago tries to tell everyone that he never wanted to be traded.

Cutler's credibility is about zero.

The first two links contain reporting from King and Schefter. Even if you call bullshit on King, you've openly stated on this very forum that Schefter is the best NFL reporter out there, so you really have no choice but to give this the amount of credence that it deserves.

So what exactly is your problem? Are you pissed that he was so "vocal" (for lack of a better word) in going after Nolan, or that he did so while his offense was struggling?

Ive said my peace on this bro. You want to re-read the thread its all in there. At the end of the day its my opinion on that particular situation just like everyone else on here. No one here knows the real story but it doesnt stop them from giving their own views on any given topic.

Lonestar
06-19-2010, 04:01 PM

Lrets get this straight. NO where I reoeat NO where has been printed DIFINITE proof that Josh did anything besides listen to a trade proposal.

He did not initate the call but answered the phone and LISTENED. A comomon courtesy he would do with EVERY GM/HC in the NFL.

No where has it been proven elsewise.

As for the oft used "we were to late to the partt comment.

All that means was the deal was done before the other party had made the call to Him.

Do I think he would have traded jay absolutely for just cause. Two reasons cassell knew the scheme after a couple of years in it and he could work with him something that seemed to be in question even that early in their jay/Joshs relationship.

That would have been a no brainer and getting a couple of draft choice to boot. Would have made it just that much better.

So show me proof that he made the calls or intiated the trade and then Y'all can say he lied. Till then chicken little all you want but it falls on deaf ears from anyone that does not hate the guy.

Northman
06-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Lrets get this straight. NO where I reoeat NO where has been printed DIFINITE proof that Josh did anything besides listen to a trade proposal.

He did not initate the call but answered the phone and LISTENED. A comomon courtesy he would do with EVERY GM/HC in the NFL.

No where has it been proven elsewise.

As for the oft used "we were to late to the partt comment.

All that means was the deal was done before the other party had made the call to Him.

Do I think he would have traded jay absolutely for just cause. Two reasons cassell knew the scheme after a couple of years in it and he could work with him something that seemed to be in question even that early in their jay/Joshs relationship.

That would have been a no brainer and getting a couple of draft choice to boot. Would have made it just that much better.

So show me proof that he made the calls or intiated the trade and then Y'all can say he lied. Till then chicken little all you want but it falls on deaf ears from anyone that does not hate the guy.

All i read was blah blah blah.

Bosco
06-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Ive said my peace on this bro. You want to re-read the thread its all in there. At the end of the day its my opinion on that particular situation just like everyone else on here. No one here knows the real story but it doesnt stop them from giving their own views on any given topic.

You're the one who was getting on us for misrepresenting your views on the matter. I'm simply trying to figure out exactly what your views are.

Northman
06-19-2010, 04:47 PM
You're the one who was getting on us for misrepresenting your views on the matter. I'm simply trying to figure out exactly what your views are.

Already explained it. Go back and read the thread if that doesnt help nothing will G-money. :lol:

Bosco
06-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Already explained it. Go back and read the thread if that doesnt help nothing will G-money. :lol:

I've been through this thread, and that's the problem. You're complaints are shifting from being unhappy with McD getting after Nolan while the offense was struggling to just being unhappy with the way he treated Nolan.

I'm simply asking you to state, point blank, what your deal is.

Northman
06-19-2010, 05:01 PM
I've been through this thread, and that's the problem. You're complaints are shifting from being unhappy with McD getting after Nolan while the offense was struggling to just being unhappy with the way he treated Nolan.

I'm simply asking you to state, point blank, what your deal is.

I cant help you dude. Ive been very clear about what my opinion is on it. You dont agree and thats ok. Life will go on and so will the Broncos. :salute:

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 05:05 PM
I cant help you dude. Ive been very clear about what my opinion is on it. You dont agree and thats ok. Life will go on and so will the Broncos. :salute:

Dang North you must be a gutton for punishment. :lol:

Northman
06-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Dang North you must be gutton punishment. :lol:

What i dont get is no matter how many times or how many ways i explain it they are not going to agree so i have to say to myself whats the point? Im ready to move on but yet they want to keep it going even though they dont agree. I mean seriously? We agree to disagree, time to move on. :lol:

TXBRONC
06-19-2010, 05:17 PM
What i dont get is no matter how many times or how many ways i explain it they are not going to agree so i have to say to myself whats the point? Im ready to move on but yet they want to keep it going even though they dont agree. I mean seriously? We agree to disagree, time to move on. :lol:

Man if you change your mind and decide explain yourself again trying standing on your head maybe that will help. On second thought nah it wont. :laugh:

Bosco
06-19-2010, 05:21 PM

You're right, you stated your opinion very clearly. Essentially, Josh had no right to get after Nolan because the offense was struggling.

Its outright hysterical that people would rip a guy for allowing a 21-0 run on a rebuilding defense but then not come down on the offense for not scoring ANY points early in the game. Its not like Colts were the 2000 Ravens here. :lol::lol::lol:

The hypocrisy is easy. McD got bent out of shape because the defense started faultering down the stretch. But of course McD didnt bother to look at the fact that he took a QB who was supposedly one of the best in the redzone and couldnt even score or substain drives.

By the HC.

I believe McD should of waited until the team got more balanced before hammering his DC the way he did.

Then I told you how stupid it was...

And then comes the backpedaling...

WOW, just wow.

Of course it wasn't just me who saw it...

And then we get this...

I said that he could give him grief just that the way he was conveying it could of been more tactful considering the situation of the team.

So we have multiple quotes of you saying one thing, and then you shift gears and claim something else, yet somehow we're the bozos who are misrepresenting your views?

Right.

Again, I'll give you a chance to plainly state what your problem is. If you don't want to do that, fine, you'll just be the guy who thinks the head coaches right to get after his assistants is directly tied to his offense's performance.

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 05:27 PM
^pwnd

Northman
06-19-2010, 05:30 PM
You're right, you stated your opinion very clearly. Essentially, Josh had no right to get after Nolan because the offense was struggling.

Then I told you how stupid it was...

And then comes the backpedaling...

Of course it wasn't just me who saw it...

And then we get this...

So we have multiple quotes of you saying one thing, and then you shift gears and claim something else, yet somehow we're the bozos who are misrepresenting your views?

Right.

Again, I'll give you a chance to plainly state what your problem is. If you don't want to do that, fine, you'll just be the guy who thinks the head coaches right to get after his assistants is directly tied to his offense's performance.

You did all that work and still dont get it. Cant help you. :lol:

Bosco
06-19-2010, 05:38 PM
You did all that work and still dont get it. Cant help you. :lol:

Awesome. The "you spent all that time on me" and "you're too stupid to get it" cards are right out of the "I Just Got Owned on a Forum and Need to Save Face" playbook.

Throw out the "Obsession" accusation and you'll have it fully covered.

Northman
06-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Awesome. The "you spent all that time on me" and "you're too stupid to get it" cards are right out of the "I Just Got Owned on a Forum and Need to Save Face" playbook.

Throw out the "Obsession" accusation and you'll have it fully covered.

So you still dont get it. Okay. :salute:

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 05:42 PM

You're right, neither one of us get why you said MULTIPLE times that McD shouldn't chastise the defense because his offense wasn't doing well, then claimed MULTIPLE times that you didn't say that when you got called out on it. Forgive us for being confused by your flip-flopping.

Bosco
06-19-2010, 05:43 PM

I think my work is done here.

Northman
06-19-2010, 05:43 PM
I think my work is done here.

Mine was done like 5 pages ago. :lol:

Northman
06-19-2010, 05:47 PM
You're right, neither one of us get why you said MULTIPLE times that McD shouldn't chastise the defense because his offense wasn't doing well, then claimed MULTIPLE times that you didn't say that when you got called out on it. Forgive us for being confused by your flip-flopping.

Yet guys like TX, Ravage, Atwater27, Jihildebrand, and Broncophan totally understood it. Funny how that works.

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 05:51 PM
so....is anybody gonna watch the replay of the broncos vs colts game on nfln tomorrow ?
my son wants to take me golfing for father's day and my amazing wife is gonna make me some wicked good cert. angus beef steaks and alaskan king crab legs for dinner.
so i probably have to dvr it and watch it late.
i usually refuse to "re-watch" games the broncos lose but i really want to see this one again so i can make my own conclusions about the condition of the team at that point last year.:salute:

oh and by the way it is at 12:30 pm mst

Northman
06-19-2010, 05:53 PM
so....is anybody gonna watch the replay of the broncos vs colts game on nfln tomorrow ?
my son wants to take me golfing for father's day and my amazing wife is gonna make me some wicked good cert. angus beef steaks and alaskan king crab legs for dinner.
so i probably have to dvr it and watch it late.
i usually refuse to "re-watch" games the broncos lose but i really want to see this one again so i can make my own conclusions about the condition of the team at that point last year.:salute:

oh and by the way it is at 12:30 pm mst

Food sounds amazing although you need to try MD crabs just once in your lifetime if you ever get a chance. As for the game, i dont like watching losses any way shape or form. Too depressing.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Yet guys like TX, Ravage, Atwater27, Jihildebrand, and Broncophan totally understood it. Funny how that works.

I understood the point you were trying to make until you started flip-flopping and claiming you didn't make that point. That's where I became confused.

And btw, most of those posters chimed in before you started flip-flopping, so the fact that they agreed with your original claims really means nothing here.

Northman
06-19-2010, 06:00 PM
I understood the point you were trying to make until you started flip-flopping and claiming you didn't make that point. That's where I became confused.

And btw, most of those posters chimed in before you started flip-flopping, so the fact that they agreed with your original claims really means nothing here.

Well yea it does mate. It means they got my initial point which had zero to do with what you guys implied. I can accept that you dont like my point of view but please dont try and tell me i was insinuating something that i wasnt. Now can we finally just say that you dont agree with my outlook and move on?

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Food sounds amazing although you need to try MD crabs just once in your lifetime if you ever get a chance. As for the game, i dont like watching losses any way shape or form. Too depressing.

i went to MD for my granfathers 65 reunion from the academy.had crab cakes a couple times.yummy !
the best meal was at a dinner for the class at an officers club.
huge filet mignon and crab cakes. it was by far the best steak i had in my life.
the really sad part was these guys were all in their 80's and none of them ate more than 1/2 of their steaks !
probably 20 lbs of the best steak in the world got sent back to the kitchen...i wanted sooo bad to just start grabbing up those juicy mothas and stuff them in a to go bag....but that would have been soooooooo rude.
anyway i always wondered if the kitchen crew just tossed that stuff out or took it home:laugh:

Northman
06-19-2010, 06:02 PM
i went to MD for my granfathers 65 reunion from the academy.had crab cakes a couple times.yummy !
the best meal was at a dinner for the class at an officers club.
huge filet mignon and crab cakes. it was by far the best steak i had in my life.
the really sad part was these guys were all in their 80's and none of them ate more than 1/2 of their steaks !
probably 20 lbs of the best steak in the world got sent back to the kitchen...i wanted sooo bad to just start grabbing up those juicy mothas and stuff them in a to go bag....but that would have been soooooooo rude.
anyway i always wondered if the kitchen crew just tossed that stuff out or took it home:laugh:

Oh man, that would of been sweet. Yea, if you ever make it back out here definitely try the regular crabs with the Old Bay seasoning. I never had any until i got out here and i will never eat any other kind of crab. I cant believe they threw out all that extra steak. I would of been like you trying to snatch it up. :lol:

Bosco
06-19-2010, 06:05 PM

Exactly. His argument was consistent until I addressed it, then it completely shifted into being upset about how McD treated Nolan and when asked to clarify he refused to do so.

I'm not surprised personally. Rather than just go "Yeah, my opinion was pretty whack. My bad" he decided to try playing games.

Whatever. It's not our credibility taking the hit.

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh man, that would of been sweet. Yea, if you ever make it back out here definitely try the regular crabs with the Old Bay seasoning. I never had any until i got out here and i will never eat any other kind of crab. I cant believe they threw out all that extra steak. I would of been like you trying to snatch it up. :lol:

i always keep a can of old bay handy. good stuff.
i dont know why you can never get blue crabs in this part of the country? they ship lobster from maine,crab from alaska a ton of seafood from china...but never any MD crab.
i would scarf it up.
i did look opnline once and found a place that shipped from MD but it was like 100.00 bucks to get a couple pounds delivered !
F that ...i'll use the canned crab before i could justify that.

T.K.O.
06-19-2010, 06:15 PM

many of these guys were retired admirals and former chief of staff (under nixon)thomas moorer and other high up muckety mucks,so they were probably used to eating like kings.....not this kid :laugh:
i was watching the waitstaff taking away those plates like a little kid with no money watching all the other kids at the ice cream truck !:mad::shocked::lol:

Lonestar
06-19-2010, 06:24 PM

Not funny at all. They happen to be of the same mind you are mikey could do no wrong and Josh is from NE therefore a liar and a CHEAT.

But then his NE rings are more current than mikeys are.

I think I'll go with the current HC and GM combo any day over the old guy that got fired for cause.

Northman
06-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Not funny at all. They happen to be of the same mind you are mikey could do no wrong and Josh is from NE therefore a liar and a CHEAT.

Interesting theory, however how do you explain my stance at defending NE in terms of their cheating?

Lonestar
06-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Interesting theory, however how do you explain my stance at defending NE in terms of their cheating?

Was no aware you did but I'll bet that one or more of the pack didn't.

As I said many have different reasons for ragging on Josh. From being in mikes fan club to hating NE. And all the gambit in between.

Not everyone in the group does all the things I listed but they all seem to have the same hate in common for what ever reason.

Some of it goes back as far as Jake and jay wars. But the love some have shown for the dearly departed verges on sainthood.

Yet most of us are just seeing where the NEW guy takes us with a clear eye.

Later have workie to do no more oval office or drive time left.

jhildebrand
06-19-2010, 11:33 PM

And what was our rushing offense the final 6 games? :confused:

jhildebrand
06-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Yes, you can.

He didn't replace himself nor the "OC." He only replaced players. The D seems to receive disparate treatment for some reason.

jhildebrand
06-19-2010, 11:36 PM
Again, you need to consult a dictionary. You misuse use words at an amazing pace.

And yours consistently provide nothing to the dialogue other than weak witted attacks and poor attempts at sarcasm.

BroncoWave
06-19-2010, 11:56 PM
He didn't replace himself nor the "OC." He only replaced players. The D seems to receive disparate treatment for some reason.

:lol: So you're saying he should be the kind of coach who should quit on the team because his offense struggled? Wow, just, wow.

And McD kinda had to replace Nolan, seeing as he left on his own free will to go to another team! :lol:

Also, you should really learn what disparate treatment means.

Even though you say it in your sig, this post just proves that you are nothing more than a flat out hater.

Lonestar
06-20-2010, 12:49 PM

He brought in new players on both sides ON the LOS.

As for replacing. A DC that was necessary becuase the DC did not wish to take direction from his BOSS the HC. He left on his own accord.

Unless you are priviy to something the rest of us are not, of course.

But I suspect it will be just hate and discontent.

broncobryce
06-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Just saw the pick Orton threw in the endzone. Marshall took the blame 100 percent. He said Orton did exactly what he was supposed to but Marshall fell down. Classy by Marshall.

broncobryce
06-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Anyone watching this? I can't seem to figure what the D did so differently to stop manning. Seemed like they just tightened things up a bit.

Lonestar
06-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Or manning and company let up.

Northman
06-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Anyone watching this? I can't seem to figure what the D did so differently to stop manning. Seemed like they just tightened things up a bit.

Denver hasnt been able to figure Manning out in a very long time. Peyton gets wood when he hears he is playing Denver. :lol:

Lonestar
06-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Or manning and company let up.

Having a 21 point lead I suspect they took the foot off the gas a bit. INDY has not been known to embrass teams by running up the score.
Unlike NE.

Since I'm unable to edit from the mobile site I have to quote myself.

jhildebrand
06-20-2010, 04:01 PM
He brought in new players on both sides ON the LOS.

As for replacing. A DC that was necessary becuase the DC did not wish to take direction from his BOSS the HC. He left on his own accord.

Unless you are priviy to something the rest of us are not, of course.

But I suspect it will be just hate and discontent.

I don't need to be privy to a conversation. I have HISTORY!

Cutler was sent packing
Scheffler was sent packing
Marshall was sent packing
Hillis was sent packing
Anybody who dares defend themselves to the tyrant er coach gets their walking papers! I say tyrant because HIS UNIT was as much at fault for the 21-0 deficit as the D. All the three and outs, two failed 4th down attempts at midfield, inability to score TD's, inability to get points from turnovers. Seems a bit pot and kettle from my vantage point!

McDaniels cut off his nose to spite his face in resigning. Nolan was under contract. McDaniels could have, and should have, held him to that!

Finally, you guys have all these conspiracy theories that Miami tampered and Nolan was already long gone. YET you fail to mention that mcDaniels wanted Pees all along! From my vantage point, McDaniels wanted Nolan gone its as simple as that!

Bosco
06-20-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't need to be privy to a conversation. I have HISTORY!

Cutler was sent packing
Scheffler was sent packing
Marshall was sent packing
Hillis was sent packing
Anybody who dares defend themselves to the tyrant er coach gets their walking papers! I say tyrant because HIS UNIT was as much at fault for the 21-0 deficit as the D. All the three and outs, two failed 4th down attempts at midfield, inability to score TD's, inability to get points from turnovers. Seems a bit pot and kettle from my vantage point! Yep. Two douchebags, a criminal and a moron got their walking papers. I'm so torn up about that.

McDaniels cut off his nose to spite his face in resigning. Nolan was under contract. McDaniels could have, and should have, held him to that! He would have, if he wanted to keep Nolan.

Finally, you guys have all these conspiracy theories that Miami tampered and Nolan was already long gone. YET you fail to mention that mcDaniels wanted Pees all along! From my vantage point, McDaniels wanted Nolan gone its as simple as that! If McD wanted Pees so bad, then why wasn't he brought in for an interview, eventually taking a lesser job with Baltimore?

Answer: Because despite the media playing up the New England connection, Pees was nothing more than a consideration.

Lonestar
06-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Yep. Two douchebags, a criminal and a moron got their walking papers. I'm so torn up about that.

He would have, if he wanted to keep Nolan.

If McD wanted Pees so bad, then why wasn't he brought in for an interview, eventually taking a lesser job with Baltimore?

Answer: Because despite the media playing up the New England connection, Pees was nothing more than a consideration.

Some have just that much dislike that anything however so slight rings their bell.

They talk about conspriece theorys then bring one up in the next sentence.

Sorry frankly I do not give a damn about the departed (to some dearly departed) to me they were malcontents and me players and coaches.

I'll give the kid a chance (couple of years from now) before getting pissed.

It will not because he came from NE, or cut my favorite players. It will because he failed at rebuilding this team to glory status.

TXBRONC
06-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Some have just that much dislike that anything however so slight rings their bell.

They talk about conspriece theorys then bring one up in the next sentence.

Sorry frankly I do not give a damn about the departed (to some dearly departed) to me they were malcontents and me players and coaches.

I'll give the kid a chance (couple of years from now) before getting pissed.

It will not because he came from NE, or cut my favorite players. It will because he failed at rebuilding this team to glory status.

Just like you do over Shanahan. You're just like Pavlov's dogs when you come BF you salivate over how many time you can rip into Shanahan and every former player that you don't like. Pot meet kettle. :coffee:

T.K.O.
06-21-2010, 10:15 AM

i think the 2 tipped balls that dawk pulled in had alot to do with the colts not running the score up to 35 pionts pretty damn fast.
great job by dawkins.
i noticed the real killers were moreno's 4th down attempts.he was a rookie and often hesitated before making his cut last year (hopefully that will be behind him)
BUT....our oline was weak.i could see it alot in this game ,moreno was met in the backfield on alot of critical and obvious run plays.
when you can't get 2 yds (even 50% of the time ) when your drive depends on it....your pretty much screwed.
i noticed gaffney was running crisp routes and orton seemed to be hitting targets well.but their was absolutely no consistancy in the run game.
that combined with the early deficit killed our chances.
i found it interesting that the broncos hold a 11-9 all time mark against the colts.sure does'nt feel like it:laugh:
marshall was a beast in that game.the one thing i will always respect about brandon is his unwillingness to go down on the first,2nd,3rd hit !:salute: