PDA

View Full Version : More money Up in smoke!!!

sanluis
06-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Denver has wasted a lot of Salary/ Cap space lately. Let's look at were 55 million dollars in just guaranteed money went.

Matt Lepsis= 9mil---- take the money and run!
Javon Walker= 15mil----cost a second round pick as well
Travis Henry= 12mil all them kids ain't cheap!
Simion Rice= 3mil--- WTH was that about?
Dre Bly= 16mil ---- he sucks, get over it.

What a waste, it was a small miracle Denver won as many games as they did last year. I think it was five by last minute field goals. And the poor money management made it so they couldn't even pay Elam his 3 mil for his services.:eek:

On a side note the waste of money is hurting the front office operation. Money is now so tight they have to share one pen and recycle toilet paper. Poor silly ponies!:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-02-2008, 06:53 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jun/02/broncos-release-rb-henry/

Because Henry already had surrendered a $6 million option bonus earlier this year in a contract renegotiation, the Broncos’ hit against the salary cap for Henry’s release is expected to be in the $4.8 million range.

And because they released Henry after June 1, the Broncos can split that total between the ’08 and ’09 seasons.

BeefStew25
06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
http://z.about.com/d/jewelry/1/5/u/4/denver_xxxIII.jpg

underrated29
06-02-2008, 07:49 PM
also the elam deal we were only 250k short of atlantas offer. But elam wanted it all guranteed upfront. Which means he only wants to play another year or so. We want a long term option.

So we got long term and cheap!

And we can spend a lot of money or a little, but most of our bling is in the picture beefstew posted...

Thats money san diego will never get to spend, let alone see.

Day1BroncoFan
06-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Denver has wasted a lot of Salary/ Cap space lately. Let's look at were 55 million dollars in just guaranteed money went.

What a waste, it was a small miracle Denver won as many games as they did last year. I think it was five by last minute field goals. And the poor money management made it so they couldn't even pay Elam his 3 mil for his services.:eek:

On a side note the waste of money is hurting the front office operation. Money is now so tight they have to share one pen and recycle toilet paper. Poor silly ponies!:lol:

How are your super bowl chances? Oh yea, they went up in smoke... AGAIN! :coffee:

We will be planting the chargirls on the petite little butts later this year.

dogfish
06-07-2008, 09:42 PM
at least denver can afford a stadium for their team to play in. . . .

;)

MOtorboat
06-08-2008, 01:31 AM

I suggest you do a little more research on how an NFL contract works.

Come back and give me a 2,000-word report on it.

TIA.

sanluis
06-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Over 11.5 mil paid to Travis for what? --- four good games :shocked::lol:

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9347/drew0501toonqv6.gif

:lol:

dogfish
06-09-2008, 03:10 PM
and travis won exactly as many rings in his one year in denver as LT has in a career in san diego. . . of course, LT is a sure-fire hall of famer. . . . since his career is winding down, i hear that they're already working on his bust-- they're going to use a pose from the biggest game of his career. . . .

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1829/lt0122la6.jpg

sanluis
06-09-2008, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=dogfish;272308]and travis won exactly as many rings in his one year in denver as LT has in a career in san diego. . . of course, LT is a sure-fire hall of famer. . . . since his career is winding down, i hear that they're already working on his bust-- they're going to use a pose from the biggest game of his career. . . .

Ouch!! good one dog!
:mad:

:lol: