PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry Released!

Pages : [1] 2

TheSportsGuru
06-02-2008, 11:01 AM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/6/2/544148/travis-henry-released

Surprise, Surprise!

NightTrainLayne
06-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Woah! Wasn't expecting that.

BeefStew25
06-02-2008, 11:04 AM
And Bo Diddley died. Crap.

Northman
LMAO!

Where's Nature Boy at? Guess Travis wont be starting week 1 afterall.

claymore
“Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl,” Head Coach Mike Shanahan said. “We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team.”
Wow.......

SBboundBRONCOS
06-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Woah! Wasn't expecting that.

i sense a bit of sarcasm in that typing

oh well, dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya travis :beer:

G_Money
06-02-2008, 11:05 AM
“Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl,” Head Coach Mike Shanahan said. “We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team.”

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh:

Apparently they really like Pittman and Torain as the other workhorse backs to help out Young.

Congrats Hall, you just made the team with a decent pre-season.

~G

BroncoJoe
06-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Holy shyte.

Completely unexpected at this time.

NightTrainLayne
06-02-2008, 11:09 AM
i sense a bit of sarcasm in that typing

oh well, dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya travis :beer:

No, no sarcasm.

I thought that Travis' days were numbered after this most recent "injury", but didn't expect him to be released even before camp.

GEM
Anyone else have the feeling that something is coming up for Henry? Dirty UA or something like that? Or do ya'll just feel this is him getting beat out and the Broncos tiring of the bs?

BeefStew25
Tubby just jumped out of his office window.

HolyDiver
http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/6/2/544148/travis-henry-released

Surprise, Surprise!

Yes !!!!! Great news.....................It's the Selvin Young show now boys.

claymore
06-02-2008, 11:10 AM
LMAO! Big Hoss is no more!!!!!!!

BroncoJoe
Paging Mr. Tubby.

Mr. Tubby, please pick up the white paging telephone.

Paging Mr. Tubby.

NightTrainLayne

I'll miss Tubby. We should take some time grieving his loss. ..

OK, now that that's over, who WILL be the starter?

BroncoJoe
06-02-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm going to call him.

Randomtask
06-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Sweet.

BOSSHOGG30
06-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Tubby will be fine... he will just start calling Pittman the big Hoss now.

HolyDiver
06-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Anyone else have the feeling that something is coming up for Henry? Dirty UA or something like that? Or do ya'll just feel this is him getting beat out and the Broncos tiring of the bs?

It's another youth movement...............We have four good Tailbacks .....Young, Hall, Toran ( all 1st or 2nd year) and Pittman.

BeefStew25
I just spoke with Tubby and he is in severe disbelief. The last time he was like this was the whole Plummer bru ha ha.

BroncoJoe
OK - I'm concerned. Tubby did not answer his cell phone.

tubby
06-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Bout time. Henry is garbage. :lol:

NightTrainLayne

I just spoke with Tubby and he is in severe disbelief. The last time he was like this was the whole Plummer bru ha ha.

His office is on the ground-floor isn't it?

DenBronx
why did they wait so late to do this? at least see what henry can bring in training camp....was it cap friendly to do it now or better to wait after june 1st?

BeefStew25
06-02-2008, 11:17 AM
OK - I'm concerned. Tubby did not answer his cell phone.

I think I got to him first. I heard the loading of a shotgun and the click of the line.

He is like the warden in Shawshank right now. I don't think he is willing to do his time.

DenBronx
06-02-2008, 11:19 AM
i dont think henry was garbage but thats my opinion i guess. he had way too many hang ups though. i'm glad guys like torain and young are going to get some serious looks. pittman is now the official goal line back.

this of course means i need a new adoptee....

NameUsedBefore
Not at all surprised.

GEM
It's another youth movement...............We have four good Tailbacks .....Young, Hall, Toran ( all 1st or 2nd year) and

Just seems a really odd time to do it. Having Henry around could have driven some of those younger guys to steal his job. Oh well, I'm not complaining. I'm happy he's gone. Distractions and babies mamas dramas is gone.

tubby
06-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Tubby will be fine... he will just start calling Pittman the big Hoss now.

Yeah, or Torian....#42.

BroncoJoe
06-02-2008, 11:20 AM
I wonder if some of the Travis lovers will come back to the site...

(exluding Tubby, of course)

Northman
06-02-2008, 11:21 AM
why did they wait so late to do this? at least see what henry can bring in training camp....was it cap friendly to do it now or better to wait after june 1st?

I think when they say there is a commitment problem its pretty self explanatory.

red98
WOW! Wasn't expecting that to happen until August!

Retired_Member_001
CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES!

:beer:

Where's NatureBoy now?

I'm so glad we released that slow, injury prone, thick, condom phobic idiot. I believe we are definitely a better team for it. All he was going to do was sit on the sideline smoking drugs, getting women pregnant. There's no point in having a cancer like that.

Good move Shanny!

(I'll be more excited when I hear this from the Broncos themselves).

Day1BroncoFan
06-02-2008, 11:22 AM
I saw this coming. Shanny obviously thinks Henry isn't worth taking to pre-season.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-02-2008, 11:23 AM
I expected by the end of camp, but this early. . . heh. Yay!

HolyDiver
06-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Full Name: Michael Pittman
Born: August 14, 1975
New Orleans, LA
Height: 6-0
Weight: 228 lbs. Age: 32
Pos: RB
Experience: 11 years
College: Fresno State FANTASY
Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
NFL: 9.3% (-0.0%)
Avg. Draft Position:
NFL: Undrafted

Pittman might be able to play a little Fullback at almost 230 pounds..............That way we can keep Young, Toran AND Hall. ..............Sapp and Hillis make 6 Runningbacks.

SBboundBRONCOS
06-02-2008, 11:26 AM
It's another youth movement...............We have four good Tailbacks .....Young, Hall, Toran ( all 1st or 2nd year) and Pittman.

actually hall is in his 3rd or 4th year he was on a couple practice squads i believe, not that it really is a big deal

tubby
06-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh man. This reminds me of the day we traded the Bulldozer to the Lions.

BroncoJoe
06-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Oh man. This reminds me of the day we traded the Bulldozer to the Lions.

I think it has to do with the idiotic nicknames you assign them.

Retired_Member_001
On a serious note, I wonder how this will affect Henry's payment to all the baby momma's?

Watchthemiddle
Full Name: Michael Pittman
Born: August 14, 1975
New Orleans, LA
Height: 6-0
Weight: 228 lbs. Age: 32
Pos: RB
Experience: 11 years
College: Fresno State FANTASY
Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
NFL: 9.3% (-0.0%)
Avg. Draft Position:
NFL: Undrafted

Pittman might be able to play a little Fullback at almost 230 pounds..............That way we can keep Young, Toran AND Hall. ..............Sapp and Hillis make 6 Runningbacks.

I have finally found my long lost twin.....born on the same day.:laugh:

Anyway, I am glad the Broncos cut their loses now. No need to let it drag on through august and have Henry taking reps away from guys in camp who were actually going to make the team

underrated29
06-02-2008, 11:39 AM
ok i am surprised!!!

i will eat the crow, i thought there was no way we were cutting travis.

Retired_Member_001
06-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Ok, now I know it's completely 100% true and that the celebrations can start:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8039

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos announced on Monday that running back Travis Henry has been released from the team.

"Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl," said Head Coach Mike Shanahan. "We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team."

Henry signed with the Broncos as a free agent on March 5, 2007, and played one season with the club. In 2007, he rushed for 691 yards on 167 carries (4.1 avg.) with four touchdowns in 12 games, including seven starts.

Henry, in his eighth year in the league, spent two seasons (2005-06) with Tennessee after beginning his career with Buffalo in 2001.

The Florida native has rushed for 6,086 yards on 1,488 attempts -- good for a 4.1 average -- with 38 touchdowns in his career. Over that span he also has 141 receptions for 951 yards and two touchdowns.

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 11:46 AM
mikey just gain a bit of respect in my eyes.. cut a clown that could not stay healthy, say no to drugs or unprotected sex..

I hope all of the kids he fathered have been covered by trust accounts.. However I would guess not..

Once a scum bag always a scum bag..

Now we get to here the real story about his time with the Broncos, because no doubt he will whine about it to the press. telling everyone that will listen that mikey is a short dictator..

turftoad
06-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Torain is going to see the ball a lot. Lex is the one we need to be worried about.

Retired_Member_001
06-02-2008, 11:48 AM
mikey just gain a bit of respect in my eyes.. cut a clown that could not stay healthy, say no to drugs or unprotected sex..

I hope all of the kids he fathered have been covered by trust accounts.. However I would guess not..

Once a scum bag always a scum bag..

Now we get to here the real story about his time with the Broncos, because no doubt he will whine about it to the press. telling everyone that will listen that mikey is a short dictator..

There's no doubt that Henry, being the scumbag that he is, will cry about it to the press. Whenever we are in a critical stage of the season, Henry will whine about it again to try and put us off. Henry will be lucky to find a new team, so unfortunately, we won't probably have the pleasure of playing against him.

MHCBill
06-02-2008, 11:49 AM
I think he was cut because they were running out of numbers to give to the players.

underrated29
06-02-2008, 11:52 AM
so what is the deal...

Do you think shanny likes the new slevin and his added weight. Are they gonna make him the starter.

Or is shanny really, sure his "first round talent" torain is the guy and he is kicking some ass?

Or pittman is good enough with hall and young.

Go hall!!

Retired_Member_001
06-02-2008, 11:52 AM
This line really sticks out:

“We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team.” - Shanny.

Day1BroncoFan
06-02-2008, 11:54 AM
I think Henry's work ethincs are why he was cut to start with and Shanny is willing to take a chance on someone he can count on to be there and not stay home when he a booboo.

BeefStew25
06-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I bet me missed or was late to some rehab sessions (for his leg, not his weed habit).

In addition to getting rid of Henry, this is great for the younger guys to see there is consequences (however long it takes) for being a turd.

Tubby, lay a log for us.

HolyDiver
06-02-2008, 11:56 AM
so what is the deal...

Do you think shanny likes the new slevin and his added weight. Are they gonna make him the starter.

Or is shanny really, sure his "first round talent" torain is the guy and he is kicking some ass?

Or pittman is good enough with hall and young.

Go hall!!

729 yards rushing, 5.2 ypc and 35 receptions in a part time role? ................uh, yeah.............I'm sure Shanahan see's what I do, that Young can be a 1500 yard back averaging 5 ypc and catching another 50 passes.

BOSSHOGG30
06-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Getting rid of the trash...Sauerbrun see ya, Walker see ya, Henry see ya, next up? Marshall? Thomas? (I wouldn't advise you guys to keep screwing up)

Ziggy
06-02-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't think it's a surprise to a lot of people that Henry didn't make the final cut, but it's a huge surprise that he didn't even make it to camp. Wow. Talk about making a statement. Shanny just told the whole team in one swift move that you're either with us and giving 100%, or you're out the door. I like it!

56crash
06-02-2008, 12:00 PM
I think Henry's work ethincs are why he was cut to start with and Shanny is willing to take a chance on someone he can count on to be there and not stay home when he a booboo.

Last years mess with fat players burned into Shanahan's head seeing sam adams waddle off the field burned into his head a image of never a fatso ever a again on my team .

Retired_Member_001
06-02-2008, 12:01 PM
I don't think it's a surprise to a lot of people that Henry didn't make the final cut, but it's a huge surprise that he didn't even make it to camp. Wow. Talk about making a statement. Shanny just told the whole team in one swift move that you're either with us and giving 100%, or you're out the door. I like it!

Exactly.

It sends a message to Brandon Marshall, that this is the treatment guys who have attitude problems get. Hopefully, BMarsh wises up and realizes this. You have to let the guys know that they need to take Football seriously and not mess things up. Shanahan has definitely won alot of respect.

BOSSHOGG30
06-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Makes you wonder if Pittman and Hall are actually vying for one roster spot? I would have to think that Torian and Young are guaranteed roster spots.

Day1BroncoFan
06-02-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm hoping no one is garuanteed anything unless they out perform the competition.

BeefStew25
06-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Good dump Tubby.

Ricky
06-02-2008, 12:12 PM
I must admit this move surprised me. but those comments from Shanny say it all. Time to move past the drama.

BroncoJoe
06-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Can't you at least hit the toilet?

He was having a problem "hitting the hole".

Ziggy
06-02-2008, 12:18 PM
CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES!

:beer:

Where's NatureBoy now?

Banned at the moment :D

MOtorboat
06-02-2008, 12:23 PM
:2thumbs:

underrated29
06-02-2008, 12:25 PM

Boy he and travis do have a lot alike.

both had to leave early from their camps, and chances are we wont see either of them again.

Retired_Member_001
06-02-2008, 12:27 PM

I thought he was moving house.

You know? With him being cut from his football team and all.

Ziggy
06-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Bowlen had made a statement earlier this offseason that the team needed to make significant changes across the board, including in the locker room. I wonder if he had this move in mind when he made that statement.

Retired_Member_001
06-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm being 100% serious here, I'm not joking. Do you think that Travis Henry got another woman pregnant? He's struggling to keep up with payments as it is, maybe the Broncos found out about another one and thought "that's enough". Henry had to borrow money from the Titans to pay off previous debts to the kids, maybe the Broncos didn't want the same situation.

Just wondering.

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Bowlen had made a statement earlier this offseason that the team needed to make significant changes across the board, including in the locker room. I wonder if he had this move in mind when he made that statement.

I think so and one of the ways was to get a more cap friendly contract in hand first.. .

Thenry the true dum de dumdum..

MOtorboat
06-02-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm being 100% serious here, I'm not joking. Do you think that Travis Henry got another woman pregnant? He's struggling to keep up with payments as it is, maybe the Broncos found out about another one and thought "that's enough". Henry had to borrow money from the Titans to pay off previous debts to the kids, maybe the Broncos didn't want the same situation.

Just wondering.

That, unfortunately, is a valid point, wookie...was it JUST the injury? Was it the injury a culmination of things? Or, did something else happen?

Retired_Member_001
06-02-2008, 12:35 PM
That, unfortunately, is a valid point, wookie...was it JUST the injury? Was it the injury a culmination of things? Or, did something else happen?

Exactly.

I'm thinking another child or more drug charges. Something must have happened for Shanahan to cut him so early. I mean it was inevitable, but for it to come so early? Something must have happened.

GEM
06-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Wookie that is what I eluded to earlier in the thread. This just seems like really odd timing. I'm wondering if the Broncos got word of a dirty UA coming up and cut him before we were tied to him for another year. Given his track record, it's not completely out of the question.

Ziggy
06-02-2008, 12:39 PM
It could have been another incident, or it may just be that Shanny wanted to make sure that Torain really is 100% and Pittman still had something left in the tank before he let him go.

Dreadnought
06-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Outstanding. More addition by subtraction. Makes me even more psyched for the next Season to get here not to have that disgrace in Oragne and Blue.

I think there may be something to the speculation that there's another shoe to drop for this A-hole. Either that or he was just loafing and goldbricking. Enough with that crap, and goodbye Travis Henry!

NightTrainLayne
06-02-2008, 12:41 PM
The simplest explanation is that Henry didn't stay in shape in the off-season, got injured, and was not pursuing his injury rehab with the zeal that the staff thought he should.

Let's remember when the Pittman signing came in relation to Henry's injury.

BeefStew25
06-02-2008, 12:41 PM

Just wondering.

It could have been, but I bet it could have been something as simple as a missed rehab session. Travis had no leeway.

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Exactly.

I'm thinking another child or more drug charges. Something must have happened for Shanahan to cut him so early. I mean it was inevitable, but for it to come so early? Something must have happened.

I think the most logical explanation was he no longer fit into our plans it is after June 1st and any cap issues are spread over two years now instead of eating them all this year..

Retired_Member_001
06-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Wookie that is what I eluded to earlier in the thread. This just seems like really odd timing. I'm wondering if the Broncos got word of a dirty UA coming up and cut him before we were tied to him for another year. Given his track record, it's not completely out of the question.

Exactly.

I don't think Shanahan wants to go through more court cases trying to defend Travis.

Retired_Member_001
06-02-2008, 12:43 PM
I think the most logical explanation was he no longer fit into our plans it is after June 1st and any cap issues are spread over two years now instead of eating them all this year..

This is possible, but my theory could still proove to be true.

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 12:47 PM
This is possible, but my theory could still proove to be true.

I think it was alot of things that just added up to more distractions than we need with this young team..

He got a more cap friendly deal in the off season.. Is suspect there was terminology in there about nose to the grindstone..

Also made the money less to eat CAP wise whatever it was is now spread over TWO years not one..

shenanigans at his best..

BroncoFanatic
06-02-2008, 01:06 PM
I think it was alot of things that just added up to more distractions than we need with this young team..

He got a more cap friendly deal in the off season.. Is suspect there was terminology in there about nose to the grindstone..

Also made the money less to eat CAP wise whatever it was is now spread over TWO years not one..

shenanigans at his best..

Are you saying that Shanny got Henry to renegotiate his contract for the express purpose of reducing the cap hit? That would mean that the intent was to cut Henry even back then. Damned diabolical, that would be:target:

pnbronco
06-02-2008, 01:26 PM
The simplest explanation is that Henry didn't stay in shape in the off-season, got injured, and was not pursuing his injury rehab with the zeal that the staff thought he should.

Let's remember when the Pittman signing came in relation to Henry's injury.

Man the one morning I don't get on. This did come as a surprise and my first thought was what did he do now. I think NTL is probably on track. That he didn't stay in shape and has not been reporting for treatments like he was suppose to. I think they are at the end of their ropes with him and he gets hurt before camp. Then he's probably not doing his rehab like they set up. I thought the Pittman was strange at the time, but maybe the trainers told Shany that this guy can not stay healthy when he does work out. Wookie I would not be surprised if something comes out though. Going to be an interesting season.....

BroncoBJ
06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Well I'm happy to see him get released. I really didn't think that I would see Travis get released, especially not on the 1st round of cuts. I'm excited though because I wanted Selvin or Torain to start. :elefant:
I'll even settle for Pittman. :salute:

dogfish
06-02-2008, 01:39 PM
since med's not here, i'll say it for him-- no more father of the year!

:wave:

personally, i really don't care why we cut him-- it doesn't matter at this point, he's gone and that's that. . . i'm fine with the move, as i was concerned about potentially having to cut some of our young talent at the position. . . i was afraid that andre hall was a likely odd man out, and i hated the thought of letting him go-- he's been a favorite of mine since we signed him, and hopefully now he'll make the team. . . pittman offers more versatility, and has been more durable (as well as having championship experience). . . with henry's fragility, i thought we were in for a year of RBBC anyways, so we may as well give the younger guys a chance to show what they can do. . .

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Are you saying that Shanny got Henry to renegotiate his contract for the express purpose of reducing the cap hit? That would mean that the intent was to cut Henry even back then. Damned diabolical, that would be:target:

Who knows what evils lurks in the minds of men?

The Shadow knows..

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Adios,

mother

Stargazer
06-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I thought this was interesting:

The Broncos' decision to release Travis Henry this morning has been coming for months. Broncos' insiders said the team had been unhappy with Henry virtually all spring. In a rare statement about a released player, Denver coach Mike Shanahan made a point to say Henry had a lack of "commitment" to the team.

The final straw came in the past week when Henry stopped attending the team's OTA sessions. Yes, Henry was hurt with a hamstring injury he suffered 17 days ago, but injured players are required to show up for work. Henry didn't. Perhaps he was upset that he knew he had to fight for playing time with Selvin Young, Ryan Torain and Michael Pittman. Whatever the reason, the team tired of Henry's lack of dedication.

-Bill Williamson, ESPN

Broncospsycho77
06-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Let the Selvin Young Era begin. I'm excited.

broncogirl7
06-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Goodbye baby-maker...hello to S.Young, the game-maker.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-02-2008, 02:26 PM
It's not going to be a Selvin Young era, so all that crap talk can stop. There isn't a team in the NFL that relies on one single running back to get them through the season. If Torain proves worthy and ready as a rookie, he'll see very good playing time behind Young, and could quite possibly replace them. Young may have added some bulk to him, but that doesn't change the notion that Shanahan has on him of being a change of pace guy, 10-15 carries a game. Give Torain the other half of that, and we're good to go. That's how the NFL works.

BroncoNut
06-02-2008, 02:33 PM
It's not going to be a Selvin Young era, so all that crap talk can stop. There isn't a team in the NFL that relies on one single running back to get them through the season. If Torain proves worthy and ready as a rookie, he'll see very good playing time behind Young, and could quite possibly replace them. Young may have added some bulk to him, but that doesn't change the notion that Shanahan has on him of being a change of pace guy, 10-15 carries a game. Give Torain the other half of that, and we're good to go. That's how the NFL works.

this is an excellent post by an outstanding young man.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-02-2008, 02:41 PM
I guess I shouldn't count out other backs like Hall, etc. who have some abilities as well, but I'm pretty confident if Torain and his Lisfranc are fine (as it appears to be) and when the pads come on and he does well, he'll be seeing some adequate PT. The best part of all this, regardless of the caliber of backs we have is that we don't have a locker room distraction anymore, and we have younger players that are hungry and eager to compete. Sure, I think that Young's aspirations (2,000 yards, etc.) are extremely lofty and unreasonable, but it's great to have players who are shooting for the stars and trying to make the best out of the opportunities available.

This team is better without Travis Henry, and we'll get an ample opportunity to see whether or not the people we have this year are a good solution moving forward, or if we'll have to find someone better in the off-season or draft next season. Right now, I'm content with a Young/Torain backfield. I think that Young will probably start the season unless Torain really surprises, but his physical running style is better for the early downs, and when the defense is worn down, that's when you let Young do his thing.

At either case, I'm excited for the young people who deserve a spot on this team and are eager to play. It'll make the battle at camp for the starting position even better. Let's hope all these guys can stay healthy, and let's hope for another top five rushing season for Denver!

GEM
06-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Adios,

mother

Mother trucker, right jr? :laugh: I use that one a lot since I have kiddos.

Day1BroncoFan
06-02-2008, 03:05 PM

The Broncos' decision to release Travis Henry this morning has been coming for months. Broncos' insiders said the team had been unhappy with Henry virtually all spring. In a rare statement about a released player, Denver coach Mike Shanahan made a point to say Henry had a lack of "commitment" to the team.

The final straw came in the past week when Henry stopped attending the team's OTA sessions. Yes, Henry was hurt with a hamstring injury he suffered 17 days ago, but injured players are required to show up for work. Henry didn't. Perhaps he was upset that he knew he had to fight for playing time with Selvin Young, Ryan Torain and Michael Pittman. Whatever the reason, the team tired of Henry's lack of dedication.

-Bill Williamson, ESPN

Maybe he had and inkling his head was on the block.

Spider
06-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Tr5avis henery released .....Bout damn time ...... He probably sprung his ankle heading out the door

dogfish
06-02-2008, 03:07 PM

-Bill Williamson, ESPN

yep, that'll getcha shit-canned pretty quickly. . .

hey, maybe travis was just using that extra time to look after his kids!

:coffee:

GEM
06-02-2008, 03:08 PM

Funniest post all day! :laugh:

:coffee: :D

BOSSHOGG30
06-02-2008, 03:08 PM

or make new ones.

TXBRONC
06-02-2008, 03:09 PM
I would have never guessed that they would release this soon. I'm sure Shanahan believes he's doing what is in the best interest of the team.

Spider
06-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Pittman we brought in is no better though ........ Go with Selvin young ......

BOSSHOGG30
06-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I wonder how the other vets are taking this...... I know they didn't like seeing Elam walk, but now you are seeing a few signs of the older guys getting pushed out or phased out. Champ and bly are probably wondering why we drafted Jack Williams. Wonder if there is something to this as well?

TXBRONC
06-02-2008, 03:12 PM

I would guess that after last season's fiasco and now him being yet again Shanahan figured enough is enough.

Medford Bronco
06-02-2008, 03:14 PM

-Bill Williamson, ESPN

You mean Henry have some common sense and try to work :pound:
and use his brain to study. The only studying he does is not how to be a good citizen or
how to smoke a J...what a jerk he is .

good bye scum of the earth.

You are one of the few human beings that I think is more of a slime than Bill Bellicheck :lol:

Requiem / The Dagda
06-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I wonder how the other vets are taking this...... I know they didn't like seeing Elam walk, but now you are seeing a few signs of the older guys getting pushed out or phased out. Champ and bly are probably wondering why we drafted Jack Williams. Wonder if there is something to this as well?

Uh?

We drafted Jack Williams because both our starting cornerbacks are nearing or are thirty years old, on top of that, we had two cornerbacks who are free agents at the end of the season and nobody else behind them. Insurance policy, obviously.

BOSSHOGG30
06-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Pittman we brought in is no better though ........ Go with Selvin young ......

Pittman is under-rated...he seems to be getting better with age.

His first 4 years he averaged 3.85 yards per carry

Over his last 5 years he has averaged 4.7 yards per carry

He also has two season with over 70 receptions so you know he has good hands out of the back field.

Spider
06-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Pittman is under-rated...he seems to be getting better with age.

His first 4 years he averaged 3.85 yards per carry

Over his last 5 years he has averaged 4.7 yards per carry

He also has two season with over 70 receptions so you know he has good hands out of the back field.

Yeah but didnt he run his pregnant girl friend off the road ? got no use for scum like that

pnbronco
06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
You mean Henry have some common sense and try to work :pound:
and use his brain to study. The only studying he does is not how to be a good citizen or
how to smoke a J...what a jerk he is .

good bye scum of the earth.

You are one of the few human beings that I think is more of a slime than Bill Bellicheck :lol:

So Med how does Henry and Bellicheck compare to the Flyers, this pn running under a table, for the rest of you get over to hockey and join us......

dogfish
06-02-2008, 03:19 PM

if they aren't skipping OTAs, this shouldn't be any big concern to them. . . i understand what you're saying about us going in a different direction and starting a (badly needed!) youth movement, but shenanigans does have a long history of being loyal to the vets that are loyal to him. . . rod smith is STILL on the team, and he gave TD and easy ed probably more chances to make comebacks than most other teams would have. . . and even though they made lynch take less money, he's still coming back for his forty-fifth NFL season. . .

aging vets on every team in the league have reason for concern, but IMO we've been much less mercenary over the years than teams like new england and philly. . . of course, that's worked out pretty well for them, so maybe we're catching on, and the older guys should be nervous. . . but i really don't think a guy like champ has anything to worry about from jack williams! :lol: and honestly, i doubt many tears will be shed for travis in the locker roomafter he started skipping OTAs. . . our vets are professionals, they know that junk isn't gonna fly. . . .

Medford Bronco
06-02-2008, 03:20 PM
So Med how does Henry and Bellicheck compare to the Flyers, this pn running under a table, for the rest of you get over to hockey and join us......

Henry is more scummy than even the Flyers:laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
06-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Yeah but didnt he run his pregnant girl friend off the road ? got no use for scum like that

I thought the facts came out that his wife was responsible for the accident? I don't remember too much about that story, but I thought I remember something coming out that his wifes car hit Michael Pittman's car.

Broncospsycho77
06-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Okay, just a show of hands... who thinks this is a bad move? :lol:

TXBRONC
06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
if they aren't skipping OTAs, this shouldn't be any big concern to them. . . i understand what you're saying about us going in a different direction and starting a (badly needed!) youth movement, but shenanigans does have a long history of being loyal to the vets that are loyal to him. . . rod smith is STILL on the team, and he gave TD and easy ed probably more chances to make comebacks than most other teams would have. . . and even though they made lynch take less money, he's still coming back for his forty-fifth NFL season. . .

aging vets on every team in the league have reason for concern, but IMO we've been much less mercenary over the years than teams like new england and philly. . . of course, that's worked out pretty well for them, so maybe we're catching on, and the older guys should be nervous. . . but i really don't think a guy like champ has anything to worry about from jack williams! :lol: and honestly, i doubt many tears will be shed for travis in the locker roomafter he started skipping OTAs. . . our vets are professionals, they know that junk isn't gonna fly. . . .

I'll go out on a limb with you that Champ and Bly do not have anything worry from Jack Williams. But I would also guess that he was brought in with eye to the future.

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Okay, just a show of hands... who thinks this is a bad move? :lol:

which move thenry, young, torain or now muscle man..

If cutting henry is the question only nature boy..

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 03:39 PM
I'll go out on a limb with you that Champ and Bly do not have anything worry from Jack Williams. But I would also guess that he was brought in with eye to the future.

I would also add that it being a second day pick rarely bothers a pro bowl HOF CB..

Broncos Mtnman
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I thought the facts came out that his wife was responsible for the accident? I don't remember too much about that story, but I thought I remember something coming out that his wifes car hit Michael Pittman's car.

MP owned up to that one.

However, it should be noted that he and his wife have reconciled since the event (2003 I believe) and they are still married today.

He's been clean ever since.

elsid13
06-02-2008, 04:09 PM

He attempted to drive her car through the family room wall were she was sitting. I believe she was pregent at the time and he had a kid in the backseat.

Day1BroncoFan
06-02-2008, 04:11 PM
He attempted to drive her car through the family room wall were she was sitting. I believe she was pregent at the time and he had a kid in the backseat.

That's not very comforting about him. Why do we trade one bad for another?

Since he's been clean for a while I'll give him a chance or two. :salute:

elsid13
06-02-2008, 04:11 PM
I think that we will see Torain and Young battle for a starting role, with a dark horse of Bell in the mix. I know some think Bell is worthless, but Turner likes the kid and think that he quality back. Plus some of the Mane insiders have stated that Bell didn't lose his job because he couldn't play, but rather that Young was to impressive that camp.

Den21vsBal19
06-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Pleasant news when I finally get online :D

shank
06-02-2008, 04:34 PM

:confused:

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Broncos Release Travis Henry
The Broncos announced today that they have released RB Travis Henry. “Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl,” coach Mike Shanahan said. “We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team.”

We aren't sure what they mean by commitment to the team, but Henry has had substance abuse issues throughout his stay with Denver, so the move isn't a shocker. RB Selvin Young now appears to be the starter in Denver with rookie Ryan Torain, Andre Hall, and newly signed Michael Pittman also battling for carries.

Ryan Brooks
VP of Operations
Fantasy Planet LP

scott.475
06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Wow, go to the Broncos home page, click on the "Vidoe&Audio" tab, and watch the Shanahan presser on Henry...he is NOT happy!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609

elsid13
06-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Wow, go to the Broncos home page, click on the "Vidoe&Audio" tab, and watch the Shanahan presser on Henry...he is NOT happy!

The best comments - You don't do the little things, you're not going to be here

And - I haven't talked him and told him yet, I just released him

Sassy
06-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Woah...Shanahan released him and didn't tell him before he told the media?

silkamilkamonico
06-02-2008, 05:04 PM
And - I haven't talked him and told him yet, I just released him

I'm not going to pretend I know the buisness side of the NFL, but that's lame. Have enough balls to tell the guy to his face.

But great move by Shanahan. He's really taking the character issues serious, and putting his foot down. The one thing this will do is create a blueprint of how not to act if you want to be part of the team.

I really like the direction he's taking this team.

Ziggy
06-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Woah...Shanahan released him and didn't tell him before he told the media?

That's gotta hurt. He must be REALLY pissed. I wonder how many times he's done that.

Sassy
06-02-2008, 05:06 PM
That's gotta hurt. He must be REALLY pissed. I wonder how many times he's done that.

That's seems uncharacteristic of Shanahan.

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm not going to pretend I know the buisness side of the NFL, but that's lame. Have enough balls to tell the guy to his face.
But great move by Shanahan. He's really taking the character issues serious, and putting his foot down. The one thing this will do is create a blueprint of how not to act if you want to be part of the team.

One would guess if he showed up today he would have been face to face..

I suspect that he called his agent and told him he was gone.. I'd also guess it was because he had not been showing up for practice..

mikey said he did not think it was a surprise to any of the players..

Rick
06-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Maybe he is showing that if you don't care about the team enough to give it your all, you miss practice, etc, then just get the hell out and your not worth even sitting down with.

maybe he reserves sitting down with guys he cuts but that at least gave it their all...

elsid13
06-02-2008, 05:09 PM

Usually Shanahan mans up to the situation. Remember the little man upstairs comments from IHOP? I get the feeling that Henry was no show, and Shanahan had enough. Plus there was dig, were he said that other players weren't surprised by this.

BOSSHOGG30
06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Selvin Young

The Denver Post's Jim Armstrong believes Broncos coach Mike Shanahan no longer sees Selvin Young as a mere 10-15 carry-per-game back.

Shanahan said in January that he thought Young's body wouldn't hold up if asked to shoulder a full load. Armstrong thinks Shanny's changed his mind after seeing Young take on a "workout-warrior routine" to bulk up this spring.
Source: Denver Post

Michael Pittman

Michael Pittman is currently the Broncos' second-string tailback behind Selvin Young, according to the Denver Post.

Andre Hall, Ryan Torain, and undrafted rookie Anthony Alridge round out the backfield, presumably in that order, though depth charts at this time of year mean little on a Mike Shanahan team. Hall and Torain will push Pittman hard all summer. Alridge, a smallish speed demon, is another player to watch.
Source: Denver Post

silkamilkamonico
06-02-2008, 05:12 PM
One would guess if he showed up today he would have been face to face..

I suspect that he called his agent and told him he was gone.. I'd also guess it was because he had not been showing up for practice..

mikey said he did not think it was a surprise to any of the players..

As long as he informed Henry before the media, which is unlikely according to his comment.

Den21vsBal19
06-02-2008, 05:13 PM

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609
Definitely not a happy camper :laugh:

Guess Travis better not ask Shanny for an employment reference ;)

atwater27
06-02-2008, 05:15 PM
It's not going to be a Selvin Young era, so all that crap talk can stop.

Says the man with the crystal ball

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 05:15 PM
As long as he informed Henry before the media, which is unlikely according to his comment.

I think his comment was he has not set down with him yet.. and from the looks of it it will not happen.. I'd guess henrys agent was the first to hear..

I'd also venture to guess that someone tried to contact him before today..

Spider
06-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I think that we will see Torain and Young battle for a starting role, with a dark horse of Bell in the mix. I know some think Bell is worthless, but Turner likes the kid and think that he quality back. Plus some of the Mane insiders have stated that Bell didn't lose his job because he couldn't play, but rather that Young was to impressive that camp.

I am pullin for Young , the Kid hits the holes well , and he finishes the run ........

elsid13
06-02-2008, 05:40 PM
I am pullin for Young , the Kid hits the holes well , and he finishes the run ........

I am going for Bell, but you know I was calling for the kid when he played at U of Arizona

BOSSHOGG30
06-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Did anyone sign Kevin Jones yet? I would like to add him to the mix.

atwater27
06-02-2008, 05:44 PM

Hell. Kevin Jones and Lamont Jordan should come in for a visit. It couldn't hurt.

elsid13
06-02-2008, 05:45 PM

The guy's foot is a disaster. I don't think he going to play in the NFL again.

Spider
06-02-2008, 05:58 PM
I am going for Bell, but you know I was calling for the kid when he played at U of Arizona

Yeah you was.........:D

atwater27
06-02-2008, 06:03 PM
The guy's foot is a disaster. I don't think he going to play in the NFL again.

Supposedly, his last workout was amazing.

elsid13
06-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah you was.........:D

I do have an eye for talent that seems to fit the Bronco's System. I did call Torain too

elsid13
06-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Supposedly, his last workout was amazing.

I missed that. Were was it posted?

SmilinAssasSin27
06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Henry wasn't healthy

Selvin can't stay healthy

Torain can't stay healthy

Hall can't stay healthy

Pittman is a journeyman

Our RB corps is screwed. At least Henry had talent and proven ability to dominate in this league. Oh well, he wasn't the long term solution anyhow.

shank
06-02-2008, 06:15 PM
I missed that. Were was it posted?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080529/BLOG21/80529096

atwater27
06-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Kevin Jones-RB- Lions May. 29 - 6:05 pm et

MLive.com characterized free agent Kevin Jones' open workout as "amazing."

"I know the NFL will be shocked," said Dr. D.S. Ping, who leads Jones' rehab work. "He can go into camp right now. All he needs is football conditioning." Jones reportedly yelled out "Colletto," referring to new Lions OC Jim Colletto, before running his sprints. "I felt he was one of the reasons (for Jones' release)," said the unsigned tailback. "I don't have any personal feelings toward him, it's just some extra motivation."
Source: MLive.com

Kevin Jones-RB- Lions May. 29 - 1:44 pm et

The Detroit Free Press reports that Kevin Jones looked impressive during a workout on Thursday.

Free Press reporter Nicholas Cotsonika said that Jones looked ahead of schedule in his recovery, and "you had to wonder if he would make the Lions regret cutting him." Jones, who has visited New England and Tennessee says that he has received contract offers, but none were good enough. He has an open workout scheduled for June 28.
Source: Detroit Free Press

broncohead
06-02-2008, 06:23 PM
I didnt' think that Henry would be on the team next season but I at least thought he would last through preseason

elsid13
06-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks I watched the video, and I think he looks slow (for NFL running back). And what with the 2nd video were it looks like he working out in someone's garage

Tned
06-02-2008, 06:31 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh:

Apparently they really like Pittman and Torain as the other workhorse backs to help out Young.

Congrats Hall, you just made the team with a decent pre-season.

~G

I know I am WAY behind on this thread, as I have just gotten home, but don't forget about the possibility of Hillis to help carry the load as well. He was a tailback before being converted to fullback to make room for Jones and McFadden.

honz
06-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, the Pittman signing suddenly makes a lot more sense to me.

Timmy!
06-02-2008, 06:45 PM
WOW. I'll eat a little crow, as I thought he would be the starting back in week 1. On the other hand, I'm not sad to see babies daddy go. Maybe Young will hit his 2000 yard prediction...

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I didnt' think that Henry would be on the team next season but I at least thought he would last through preseason

I thought he'd make it to TC unless his injury did not heal or he was caught with mikeys wife which other came first..
Pardon the pun

Tned
06-02-2008, 06:53 PM

Probably was just the combination of missing the OTA and it now being after June 1st, making it a June 1st cut allowing them to spread any cap hit over '08 and '09. They do have the option to pre-designate someone a June 1st cut (for cap purposes), but they could have used those on other people earlier in the year, or there was simply no need to go through the extra hasle of the June 1st designation for a few weeks, just wait until after June 1st and cut him..

I do have an eye for talent that seems to fit the Bronco's System. I did call Torain too

While he isn't blazing, if his foot is healed, he is intriguing.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Updated Story

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jun/02/broncos-release-rb-henry/

ENGLEWOOD — Call it one and done.

Yes, call it one highly disappointing season, followed by an even more disappointing offseason, and running back Travis Henry’s troubled one-year stint with the Broncos officially ended Monday when the veteran running back was released.

He apparently so infuriated team brass he was not even given a face-to-face meeting before being shown the door.

“We have certain expectations about the way we do things,” Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said. “He didn’t meet those. That’s it. So this is the way we’re going to go.”

Henry was not at the Broncos’ Dove Valley complex Monday, and Shanahan said he did not meet with the running back before releasing him.

“I haven’t told him, I just released him. I haven’t talked to him,” Shanahan said after the team’s workout.

Henry had missed much of the team’s passing camp the past two weeks because of a hamstring injury, and his attendance at the team’s offseason functions was privately said to have been spotty at best.

Asked if Henry had not shown up Monday — the Broncos are scheduled for a team camp four days this week and four days next week — Shanahan said, “I think what I said says it all. He showed up last week, and we made a decision.”

Henry could not be reached for comment Monday. Henry’s agent, Hadley Engelhard, was out of the country and could not immediately be reached.

Henry missed four games of the 2007 season because of a rib injury and a partially torn posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. After opening the season with at least 128 yards rushing in three of his first four games in a Broncos uniform, Henry did not rush for more than 65 yards in any game for the remainder of the season and finished with 691.

In the Broncos’ final two games, he carried the ball only four times combined.

“We’re looking for guys who do the little things the right way, and if you don’t do the little things the right way, you’re not going to be with the organization,” Shanahan said. “... And he’s not going to be with us.”

Henry also came with plenty of off-the-field baggage that included revelations in court documents in Georgia last season that he had fathered nine children by nine women and his battle, and eventual victory, in an appeal hearing with the NFL over what had been characterized as a positive drug test.

Shanahan had been one of Henry’s most vocal supporters during the dispute with the NFL and was even fined $25,000 by the league for some remarks he made in the player’s defense. But after going through the first part of the offseason conditioning program and the passing camp in May, Shanahan decided he had seen enough.

“I think our players expected it, I don’t think it surprised them,” Shanahan said of Henry’s release. “He’s an excellent running back, but to do the things, (to) go where we want to go, everybody’s got to be going the right direction. (He’s) just too inconsistent as a person, and if you’re inconsistent as a person you’re usually not going to win championships.”

Because Henry already had surrendered a $6 million option bonus earlier this year in a contract renegotiation, the Broncos’ hit against the salary cap for Henry’s release is expected to be in the $4.8 million range.

And because they released Henry after June 1, the Broncos can split that total between the ’08 and ’09 seasons.

“I believe in a second chance,” Shanahan said. “... That’s not the case here. You give guys chances and they don’t take advantage of them and he’s not with us anymore.”

Henry’s exit also pushes Michael Pittman — the 11-year veteran was signed to a one-year deal last week — Selvin Young, Andre Hall and rookie Ryan Torain up the depth chart. Of the four, the 228-pound Pittman is the only one who has carried the ball more than 200 times in an NFL season.

Shanahan has openly questioned the ability of Young (207) and Hall (212) to hold up physically as potential every-down backs, and Torain is coming off a serious foot injury that kept him out of six games last season at Arizona State University. But Pittman said he believed Henry’s release was an opportunity for the remaining backs.

“I know my intention every year is to start,” Pittman said. “You compete to come in first; you never compete to come in second. We’ve got a lot of hungry guys here and we’re all competing, but I’d like to be the guy.

“It’s one less back here, and the competition is open. Nothing is written in cement now. I’m going to press to be the starter; Selvin Young is going to press to be the starter; Andre Hall, the same thing.

“I believe (the Broncos will) put the best man out on the football field. And I do believe that’s me. I’ve been there, I’ve done it, I’ve played in the Super Bowl, I’ve played on a championship team. But we’ve got hungry guys, and they are going to play the best guy.”

Said Shanahan: “I feel very good about it ... We’ve got a lot of talent. “I’m excited about the people that we have.”

Injury report: Players who did not participate in Monday’s practice were Chad Mustard, out the next 8-10 weeks after surgery to repair a torn hamstring; wide receiver Brandon Marshall (arm) and tight end Tony Scheffler (foot).

Marshall was on the field for conditioning work as he continues his return from offseason surgery to repair a gash in his forearm.

LUG THE ROCK

With Travis Henry’s release, here’s who remains at running back for the Broncos:

Player, Age. The lowdown

Michael Pittman, 32. Proven, tough and durable, but will turn 33 in August.

Selvin Young, 24.Two 100-yard games in ’07; Shanahan has questioned his ability to take down-to-down pounding at 207 pounds.

Andre Hall, 25. Averaged 4.9 yards per carry in limited work (44 carries) in ’07.

Ryan Torain, 21. The 222-pound rookie missed six games at Arizona State in ’07 with a foot injury.

Mike Bell, 25. Had 677 yards as a rookie in ’06 but moved to fullback in ’07.

Cecil Sapp, 29. Veteran hasn’t had more than 18 carries in a season.

Anthony Alridge, 24. Hyper-speed rookie is expected to be a third-down back if he makes the roster.

broncosfanscott
06-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I can honestly say I thought he would be playing during the season. On the other hand I am not surprised that he got released. Man that weed must have been really worth it.

Let's hope that whoever gets the lead role is healthy.........for the whole season.

NameUsedBefore
06-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Oh my gaw, I love Shanahan's ability to just bury players when they don't act up to snuff, especially the ones who are seen as pretty solid players. Not a lot of coaches have the balls to do some of the things he does.

dogfish
06-02-2008, 08:05 PM

well, what's he supposed to do, drive over to henry's house and let him know in person? shenanigans has more important things to do, like coaching the guys who were actually there. . . OTAs are part of henry's job, and if you've been underperforming at work and then decide to not show up at all, you should know what's likely to happen-- henry forfeited his right to a courteous handling of the situation when he didn't show. . .

Hobe
06-02-2008, 08:08 PM
I didn’t expect this either. Henry must have stepped over the line once to often. However, I think Pittman was brought in because Shanny was getting fed up with Henry.

Pittman isn’t the answer and defiantly not part of a youth movement. If he can still punch the ball through on short yardage he maybe here and get about 8 or 10 plays a game. Some one else has to step up to the #1 spot. Sapp and Bell had their chance. If they stay it is for Special teams. So…

…did Young really bulk up? We’ll see.
…Alridge is to small for an every down back. For him to make the team it will be as a returner or 3rd down back.
…Torian’s numbers in collage were good but not great.
…Hillis played tailback before collage. I was thinking the other day, who the tailback that Franco Harris blocked for in Collage? Liddle Mitchell wasn’t it?

Training camp and preseason are going to be very interesting. I can’t wait to see the first official depth chart.

silkamilkamonico
06-02-2008, 08:54 PM
well, what's he supposed to do, drive over to henry's house and let him know in person? shenanigans has more important things to do, like coaching the guys who were actually there. . .

In this day and age, you would think a telephone could work wonders in this kind of situation.

Sassy
06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
In this day and age, you would think a telephone could work wonders in this kind of situation.

Just a guess...but you think after missing workouts/camps...that Henry is going to answer his phone? He probably knew he was in the doghouse...

silkamilkamonico
06-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Just a guess...but you think after missing workouts/camps...that Henry is going to answer his phone? He probably knew he was in the doghouse...

Henry answering his phone or not doesn't have any bearing on Shanahan's intent/or not, of letting Henry be one of the first outside team headquarters to know.

It's an irrelevant argument anyways.

SmilinAssasSin27
06-02-2008, 09:14 PM
We will draft a RB in the first 2 rounds next year...bank on it.

Sassy
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
KRIEGER: Character flaws cost Henry
By Dave Krieger, Rocky Mountain News
Originally published 06:31 p.m., June 2, 2008
Updated 06:31 p.m., June 2, 2008

ENGLEWOOD — A respected Broncos veteran who shall remain nameless let it be known during quarterback camp that simply by jettisoning Javon Walker and Ian Gold in the offseason, the Broncos became a better team.

This was a reference not to talent but to team chemistry, to that elusive sense of unity the Broncos used to know.

Mike Shanahan seldom admits a bad decision publicly, but he will correctify, as Larry Coyer would say, even while he defends the decision he's reversing.

Which will explain Monday's third and final shoe drop of the offseason, an early morning farewell to the last surviving member of the Broncos' 2007 axis of knuckleheads.

As occasional column contributor Tony Lovitt of San Diego points out, Travis Henry could be forgiven if he was distracted from his football duties, what with Father's Day coming up and all.

"Travesty," as my colleague Drew Litton nicknamed him, can now devote full attention to his nine children by nine women across four southern states, assuming these numbers have not increased since last year's Georgia child support court case that exposed them.

Confronted with this information on the eve of the '07 season, Shanahan did not deny that it might offer a window into the man's character. He did say he had no idea when he signed Henry five months earlier.

When Henry came up dirty on a league drug test during the season, Shanahan defended him, explaining he'd put on his Andy Griffith badge and given Henry a lie detector test, which he passed. When Henry's appeal to the NFL was upheld, it looked like vindication for both player and coach.

But behind the scenes, Henry's knuckleheadedness was slowly wearing on the organization. Teammate Andre Hall, one of the backs who will compete for Henry's touches, said his former teammate brought his release on himself. Asked what he meant, Hall trod carefully:

"I really can't say too much. I guess cause he didn't show. I don't really know too much about what's going on, what happened. He had a hamstring injury, I know that much. I know he's supposed to been out here, a lot of guys are out here hurt, and he didn't show up."

The camel's back was already pretty well loaded. Shanahan cut him on the spot, without waiting for an explanation. This became apparent when he was asked to characterize Henry's reaction.

"I haven't told him yet," Shanahan said after Monday's workout, the first of a two-week team camp. "I just released him. Haven't talked to him."

This was a marked contrast to his handling of the failed drug test, and a measure of how far Henry's credibility had fallen within the organization. Evidently, Henry exhausted a long list of excuses for missing the team's "voluntary" offseason workout program. In fact, I'm told he now holds the club's unofficial record for sick relatives.

This actually makes sense when you consider how many kids he has, although it requires believing that he also takes responsibility for them. Let's just say the Georgia court case raised some doubts about this. Documents in the case showed him spending $250,000 of his Broncos signing bonus on a Mercedes and gold jewelry while under court order to establish a trust for a 3-year-old for past failure to pay child support.

It would be nice to report that on second thought Shanahan regretted signing such an irresponsible fellow and cut him to improve his team's character quotient. Indeed, when I asked about the importance of character in his roster decisions this year, Shanahan offered the obligatory assurance that character wins championships.

Unfortunately, the veteran running back he signed last week in apparent anticipation of Monday's move, Michael Pittman, has a history of domestic violence almost as long as Henry's history of irresponsible paternity.

While attending Fresno State in 1997, Pittman was arrested for allegedly holding a former girlfriend by the neck and slamming her face into a car seat, according to The Associated Press. He was sentenced to a batterer's treatment program and two years' probation.

In the summer of 2001, as a member of the Arizona Cardinals, he was again arrested on domestic violence charges, after which the Cardinals released him, according to the AP.

In May 2003, as a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Pittman was arrested in Phoenix and charged with ramming his Hummer into his wife's Mercedes, which was carrying his wife, babysitter and 2-year-old son at the time.

The St. Petersburg Times reported that Pittman's wife, Melissa, told investigators she was subjected to 30 or 40 incidents of domestic violence she never reported to police.

So cutting Travis Henry was not a statement about character so much as a choice between character flaws. It was Henry's bad luck that his character flaw — a con man's fixation on serving himself — happens to be a locker room liability, too.--------------------------

56crash
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
While attending Fresno State in 1997, Pittman was arrested for allegedly holding a former girlfriend by the neck and slamming her face into a car seat, according to The Associated Press. He was sentenced to a batterer's treatment program and two years' probation.

In the summer of 2001, as a member of the Arizona Cardinals, he was again arrested on domestic violence charges, after which the Cardinals released him, according to the AP.

In May 2003, as a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Pittman was arrested in Phoenix and charged with ramming his Hummer into his wife's Mercedes, which was carrying his wife, babysitter and 2-year-old son at the time.

I am now pulling for Mike Bell to make the team over pittman

Reidman
06-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Boy, I'd be scared to become a RB in Denver these days...;)

dogfish
06-02-2008, 09:26 PM
wow, looks like pittman is the biggest piece of shit we've had since wife-beater carswell. . . . :coffee:

Reidman
06-02-2008, 09:31 PM
wow, looks like pittman is the biggest piece of shit we've had since wife-beater carswell. . . . :coffee:

Fits right in with our previous tailbacks! Should be a perfect fit...:laugh:

Dreadnought
06-02-2008, 09:34 PM

Agreed. I don't like the Pittman signing, and I don't like Pittman. Go Mike Bell, Ryan Torain, Selvin Young, Cedric Cobb, Peyton Hillis, and anybody esle we bring in.

I am now pulling for Mike Bell to make the team over pittman[/QUOTE]

tomjonesrocks
06-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Hmm. This is all well and good--but it would have been nice if we'd gone with a more highly touted back in the draft if we'd known we were going to kick Henry to the curb.

Torian's really going to have to prove that he's more than a warm body a la Mike Bell for this draft to make sense now. It's a curious development, that's for sure.

BOSSHOGG30
06-02-2008, 09:46 PM
The Raiders' release of LaMont Jordan is less likely to be imminent now that Denver has cut Travis Henry, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

Clayton says owner Al Davis doesn't want the Broncos signing Jordan, which might not happen anyway. But Davis wants to make sure he doesn't help a rival. Jordan probably wouldn't intrigue Denver because of his shifty style.
Source: ESPN Insider

scott.475
06-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Goodbye to a locker room cancer...again.

I really don't care that Mike released him through the media...we have no idea what really happened. I do know that Mike is not afraid to sit down with his players and tell them the truth, this is the same man that told Jerry Rice that he no longer had the ability to be a #1 OR #2 WR, after all. He may have called Travis several times, saying he needed to talk to him. He may have left notes on his locker that Travis might have seen if he actually showed up. I am sure Travis' actions had everything to do with how Mike handled this, and I have no reason to criticize Mike about it. For whatever reason Mike has for doing the way he did, it is not because he was a coward.

Rick
06-02-2008, 09:52 PM
I guess it is just me, maybe my strange personality, but if a guy can't bother to ever show up for work then i really could careless if the boss sits down with him or not, just get his ass out.

Kaylore
06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I just wanted to express how grateful I am that they did this. This removes an embarrassing player from the team.

Sassy
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
I just wanted to express how grateful I am that they did this. This removes an embarrassing player from the team.

Great...now can they cut Pittman as well?

Rick
06-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I think Pitman has a good shot at making the club since Henry is gone and Pitman is a vet back that is versitile but if the kids make a show in camp and preseason then Pitman won't make final roster.

He is insurance.

56crash
06-02-2008, 10:06 PM
I think Pitman has a good shot at making the club since Henry is gone and Pitman is a vet back that is versitile but if the kids make a show in camp and preseason then Pitman won't make final roster.

He is insurance.

All I got to say is come on Kids !!!!

pnbronco
06-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I agree, come on kids!!!

WARHORSE
06-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Wow.

Pittman is like..............Sprewell on roids.

My daddy was no saint. But one thing he never did and he spent the time to instill in me was: men dont hit women...........period.

dogfish
06-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Wow.

My daddy was no saint. But one thing he never did and he spent the time to instill in me was: men dont hit women...........period.

yea. . . IMO there is a special place in hell reserved for women-beaters. . .

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 11:22 PM

herny was to busy paying childs supoort he could not afford a telephone..

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Boy, I'd be scared to become a RB in Denver these days...;)

only if you know process servers by their first name..

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 11:31 PM
yea. . . IMO there is a special place in hell reserved for women-beaters. . .

its called Cincinnati..

scott.475
06-02-2008, 11:43 PM
its called Cincinnati..

Oakland

Massachusettes

Detroit

pnbronco
06-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Wow.

I hear you War. Both my husband and myself have told my son you never hit a women. We also told my daughter if a man ever hits you it's time to leave, you never put up with that.

Davii
06-03-2008, 12:02 AM
addition by subtraction if you ask me. bye bye henry.

DenverBronkHoes
06-03-2008, 12:05 AM
im not going to read thru this..... all im going to say that if anyone is surprised by this you need to analyze the situation better. Mike Shanahan pulled a bone-headed "lefty" throw on this. He knew Travis was problems and signed him up anyway. The man had his issues with pot. The NFL is a privately owned corporation who can make their own rules about that and Henry should have applied himself better. He won the case... but did he really end up winning? The guy was broke, borrowing money from the Titans to pay child support of 9 kids from 8 women in 6 different states..... ARE YOU KIDDING....? And Shanny knew all this....

Shananhan should take the heat for this but again he finds a way to keep the teflon nice and shiny. He knew Henry's troubles and signed him anyway. I love what the guy can do on the field but it just isnt worth it. We got younger kids that want to play with no baggage... PERIOD

BroncoNut
06-03-2008, 12:08 AM
im not going to read thru this..... all im going to say that if anyone is surprised by this you need to analyze the situation better. Mike Shanahan pulled a bone-headed "lefty" throw on this. He knew Travis was problems and signed him up anyway. The man had his issues with pot. The NFL is a privately owned corporation who can make their own rules about that and Henry should have applied himself better. He won the case... but did he really end up winning? The guy was broke, borrowing money from the Titans to pay child support of 9 kids from 8 women in 6 different states..... ARE YOU KIDDING....? And Shanny knew all this....

Shananhan should take the heat for this but again he finds a way to keep the teflon nice and shiny. He knew Henry's troubles and signed him anyway. I love what the guy can do on the field but it just isnt worth it. We got younger kids that want to play with no baggage... PERIOD

I am out for Bear tonight Hoe. did I just read your post saying that this guy had problems with pot???? Is there isuch a thing in your pathethic world? I am interested. If you have a problem, call me you dirtbag. i need to locate my cellie anyway.

DenverBronkHoes
06-03-2008, 12:10 AM
I am out for Bear tonight Hoe. did I just read your post saying that this guy had problems with pot???? Is there isuch a thing in your pathethic world? I am interested. If you have a problem, call me you dirtbag. i need to locate my cellie anyway.

pay me millions to edit videos and film........ ill stop smoking weed no problem.... Hell, ill even use condoms

Lonestar
06-03-2008, 12:14 AM
last year mikey was grasping at straws again looking for the quick fix to get him to the promised land.

He one he keeps promising Pat, the team and the fans of DEN.

He screwed hogan goat and while doing so screwed himself..

Do you think Pat did not make these changes this year about going draft instead of FA again like mikey has done since about 2000.

This was not mikeys decision it was Pats millions spent and alot of it going to dead cap space year after year after year..

Now we have $6.8mil in dead space to eat over two years AGAIN..

JUST maybe mikey has learned his lesson this time..

pnbronco
06-03-2008, 12:22 AM
last year mikey was grasping at straws again looking for the quick fix to get him to the promised land.

He one he keeps promising Pat, the team and the fans of DEN.

He screwed hogan goat and while doing so screwed himself..

Do you think Pat did not make these changes this year about going draft instead of FA again like mikey has done since about 2000.

This was not mikeys decision it was Pats millions spent and alot of it going to dead cap space year after year after year..

JUST maybe mikey has learned his lesson this time..

So how much dead space does that give us between Henry and Walker? Also for what time????

topscribe
06-03-2008, 01:20 AM
"Now that he's retired and all, the Packers are sending Brett Favre his locker as
a career keepsake.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking? I'm wondering, now that Travis Henry is
gone, if the Broncos will send him his specimen cup."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9455912

:laugh: :lol: :pound: http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/BIGrofl2-1.gif

-----

dogfish
06-03-2008, 01:51 AM
"Now that he's retired and all, the Packers are sending Brett Favre his locker as
a career keepsake.

:laugh: :lol: :pound: http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/BIGrofl2-1.gif

-----

they'd be better off sending him some condoms. . . . :coffee:

is it possible to send him a swift kick in the ass?

Northman
06-03-2008, 02:41 AM
addition by subtraction if you ask me. bye bye henry.

Amen.

topscribe
06-03-2008, 02:45 AM
By Bill Williamson, retrieved from Hashmarks (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-7-394/Henry-s-departure-was-brewing.html):

The Broncos' decision to release Travis Henry this morning has been coming
for months. Broncos insiders said the team had been unhappy with Henry
virtually all spring. In a rare statement about a released player, Denver
coach Mike Shanahan made a point to say Henry had a lack of
"commitment" to the team.

The final straw came in the past week when Henry stopped attending the
team's OTA sessions. Yes, Henry was hurt with a hamstring injury he
suffered 17 days ago, but injured players are required to show up for work.
Henry didn't. Perhaps he was upset that he knew he had to fight for playing
time with Selvin Young, Ryan Torain and Michael Pittman. Whatever the
reason, the team tired of Henry's lack of dedication.

The Henry experience in Denver was one giant disaster. After he signed a
five-year deal with more than $12 million in bonuses, Henry's days in Denver
began to get rocky last August when it was disclosed in a Georgia court
that he had fathered nine children with nine different mothers in a six-year
span.

In early October, the Broncos received a major distraction when it was
disclosed that Henry had tested positive for marijuana use and was subject
to a one-year NFL suspension. Henry was leading the NFL in rushing after
four games at the time of the bombshell. After two long months of
distractions, Henry won an appeal of the suspension. Still, he was never the
same running back after the story broke. He didn't have a 100-yard game
the rest of the season and was plagued by nagging injuries.

The Broncos decided to keep Henry this offseason but reduced his salary to
$1 million. Denver's decision to sign Pittman last week was a sign the team
was heading toward this move.

Monday, it did. It will be a surprise if Henry ever plays in the NFL again.

With Henry one strike away from a year's suspension and with all the bad
publicity, teams will not want to sign this player who at 29 is showing signs
of wear and tear. Shaun Alexander, who has no off-field issues hovering
over his head, can't get a job, so Henry will be especially challenged finding
work. The only chance Henry gets a job is if a desperate team wants him
and he agrees to a minimum salary.

This is truly a shame. Henry came to Denver with a lot of promise. He fit the
Broncos' zone-blocking system and the team was fully committed to him,
but he made one mistake after another.

-----

Northman
06-03-2008, 02:47 AM
By Bill Williamson, retrieved from Hashmarks (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-7-394/Henry-s-departure-was-brewing.html):

The Broncos' decision to release Travis Henry this morning has been coming
for months. Broncos insiders said the team had been unhappy with Henry
virtually all spring. In a rare statement about a released player, Denver
coach Mike Shanahan made a point to say Henry had a lack of
"commitment" to the team.

The final straw came in the past week when Henry stopped attending the
team's OTA sessions. Yes, Henry was hurt with a hamstring injury he
suffered 17 days ago, but injured players are required to show up for work.
Henry didn't. Perhaps he was upset that he knew he had to fight for playing
time with Selvin Young, Ryan Torain and Michael Pittman. Whatever the
reason, the team tired of Henry's lack of dedication.

The Henry experience in Denver was one giant disaster. After he signed a
five-year deal with more than $12 million in bonuses, Henry's days in Denver
began to get rocky last August when it was disclosed in a Georgia court
that he had fathered nine children with nine different mothers in a six-year
span.

In early October, the Broncos received a major distraction when it was
disclosed that Henry had tested positive for marijuana use and was subject
to a one-year NFL suspension. Henry was leading the NFL in rushing after
four games at the time of the bombshell. After two long months of
distractions, Henry won an appeal of the suspension. Still, he was never the
same running back after the story broke. He didn't have a 100-yard game
the rest of the season and was plagued by nagging injuries.

The Broncos decided to keep Henry this offseason but reduced his salary to
$1 million. Denver's decision to sign Pittman last week was a sign the team
was heading toward this move.

Monday, it did. It will be a surprise if Henry ever plays in the NFL again.

With Henry one strike away from a year's suspension and with all the bad
publicity, teams will not want to sign this player who at 29 is showing signs
of wear and tear. Shaun Alexander, who has no off-field issues hovering
over his head, can't get a job, so Henry will be especially challenged finding
work. The only chance Henry gets a job is if a desperate team wants him
and he agrees to a minimum salary.

This is truly a shame. Henry came to Denver with a lot of promise. He fit the
Broncos' zone-blocking system and the team was fully committed to him,
but he made one mistake after another.

-----

Dude, what are you talking about? Henry was the next Walter Payton. Dumb move by the Broncos.

*Snicker*
:laugh:

Lonestar
06-03-2008, 03:27 AM
So how much dead space does that give us between Henry and Walker? Also for what time????

well walker will all come this year.. Not sure what the total is, but morons will be $6.8mil spread over two years 2008 and 09..

How about an atta boy for mikey screwing these two pooches.. Plus I think we also might have to dead cap for rice, fatass and an assortment of others..But they might have all been last years issues..

I suspect someone on here or mane is a capologist..

Tned
06-03-2008, 06:32 AM
The guy was broke, borrowing money from the Titans to pay child support of 9 kids from 8 women in 6 different states..... ARE YOU KIDDING....? And Shanny knew all this....

I didn't recall this story breaking until after he was a Bronco. Was the 9 kids (I thought it was 7 women) common knowledge before he was signed by the Broncos?

LRtagger
06-03-2008, 07:03 AM
DAMNIT I missed this entire thread!! This just made my vacation so much better

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DenverBronkHoes
06-03-2008, 09:11 AM
I didn't recall this story breaking until after he was a Bronco. Was the 9 kids (I thought it was 7 women) common knowledge before he was signed by the Broncos?

T

first point i made on the FREAK was he had 2 strikes for failing drug tests.... I personally did not know of the child support stuff... It was known tho, just not publically.

Shanny either didnt do his homework, ot just took yet another chance on a character issue guy. Theres simply too much going on for him to focus on football... That kind of stuff is what causes injuries and commitment issues.

How the hell u going to score TDs when ur worrying about when the next child support payment is due. Henry made alot of dumb decisions....

Shanny should not be given anymore slack... Im sick of this crap. Who we signing next? The Unabomber? I hear he can run a 4.5 and will run people over.....

DenverBronkHoes
06-03-2008, 09:17 AM
borrowing money from the Titans was common enough knowledge for Shanny to know what the deal was.....

turftoad
06-03-2008, 09:35 AM
HENRY, SHANAHAN ALTERCATION PRECEDED RELEASE?
Posted by Mike Florio on June 3, 2008, 7:09 a.m.
Rumors are swirling that the seemingly abrupt decision of the Broncos to cut running back Travis Henry was ultimately prompted by an altercation of some kind involving Henry and coach Mike Shanahan.

Though we’re not hearing that Henry pulled a Latrell Sprewell on the Broncos’ head coach, or that the incident in any way turned physical, several sources have told us that there was some type of unpleasant exchange between the two at some point within the past few weeks.

Presumably, the Broncos waited to cut Henry until after they got Michael Pittman under contract. If Henry had been cut before Pittman was signed, Pittman’s leverage would have increased.

And so the end result is that Shanahan has wasted another $6.7 million of owner Pat Bowlen’s money. Despite the apparent fact that the decision didn’t arise from Henry’s football skills, the reality that the Broncos were forced to part ways with Henry due to his attitude and/or off-field conduct further proves that Shanahan simply isn’t a good judge of character when it comes to football players.

But he’s definitely a good coach, because as a coach he continues to generally achieve at a relatively high level despite having one hand tied behind his back via his generally poor decisions in free agency and the draft.

My take on this is I'm just as glad as everyone else that Henry is gone.

That said, this WILL hurt our running game this year like it or not. Henry, when on the field could tote the rock. If healthy for the whole season last year he would have been a top 5 back.
We go into this year with unknowns. We all hope Young can come in and win the #1 job but has yet to prove he can handle it.

Torain is a rook 5th rounder comming off of foot surgery.

Pittman will be a change of pace back and Hall is a good back up at best.

If this story is true and there was an altercation, you have to think that Shanny was counting on Henry being on the field.

You can't help think that if Henry was gone pryor to the draft it would have changed our draft needs and our draft as a whole.

Day1BroncoFan
06-03-2008, 09:40 AM
T

first point i made on the FREAK was he had 2 strikes for failing drug tests.... I personally did not know of the child support stuff... It was known tho, just not publically.

Shanny either didnt do his homework, ot just took yet another chance on a character issue guy. Theres simply too much going on for him to focus on football... That kind of stuff is what causes injuries and commitment issues.

How the hell u going to score TDs when ur worrying about when the next child support payment is due. Henry made alot of dumb decisions....

Shanny should not be given anymore slack... Im sick of this crap. Who we signing next? The Unabomber? I hear he can run a 4.5 and will run people over.....

I hear he's great at exploding in the end zone too. :laugh: :lol:

lex
06-03-2008, 09:48 AM
HENRY, SHANAHAN ALTERCATION PRECEDED RELEASE?
Posted by Mike Florio on June 3, 2008, 7:09 a.m.
Rumors are swirling that the seemingly abrupt decision of the Broncos to cut running back Travis Henry was ultimately prompted by an altercation of some kind involving Henry and coach Mike Shanahan.

Though we’re not hearing that Henry pulled a Latrell Sprewell on the Broncos’ head coach, or that the incident in any way turned physical, several sources have told us that there was some type of unpleasant exchange between the two at some point within the past few weeks.

Presumably, the Broncos waited to cut Henry until after they got Michael Pittman under contract. If Henry had been cut before Pittman was signed, Pittman’s leverage would have increased.

And so the end result is that Shanahan has wasted another $6.7 million of owner Pat Bowlen’s money. Despite the apparent fact that the decision didn’t arise from Henry’s football skills, the reality that the Broncos were forced to part ways with Henry due to his attitude and/or off-field conduct further proves that Shanahan simply isn’t a good judge of character when it comes to football players.

But he’s definitely a good coach, because as a coach he continues to generally achieve at a relatively high level despite having one hand tied behind his back via his generally poor decisions in free agency and the draft.

In other news, Mike Shanahan is not the head coach of the Michigan Wolverines.

Stargazer
06-03-2008, 10:00 AM

The dead cap space is not a big deal since the team is focusing on the draft and low price FA's.

BOSSHOGG30
06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Jonathan Stewart would look like a better pick right now to match up with Selvin Young.

Let's hope Ryan Clady is the real deal like most of you guys thougt before we drafted him. I still think Carolina took the better approach come draft day when they landed Jonathan Stewart and Jeff Otah. Time will tell.

sacmar
06-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Don't let the doorknob......

NightTrainLayne
06-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Don't let the doorknob......

You going to the MNF opener against Oakland?

Davii
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
ill stop smoking weed no problem.... Hell, ill even use condoms

LIES! ALL LIES!!!

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

GEM
06-03-2008, 11:01 AM
LIES! ALL LIES!!!

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

There's tornado and flood warnings in your area and you are on the forums. :laugh:

Davii
06-03-2008, 11:05 AM
There's tornado and flood warnings in your area and you are on the forums. :laugh:

Damn skippy. I have a surge protector, i'm good!

Lonestar
06-03-2008, 11:09 AM

I would think this is something one would talk to former coach about and I think scouting dept might have some responsibility also.. Maybe even reading the old local papers would have done it..

I'm guessing in all future contracts there maybe a morals clause or a "no character surprises one". At least I'd hope so considering all of the flyer's we have taken on "second chance" morons..

Day1BroncoFan
06-03-2008, 11:09 AM
I guess you could say Henry just got a dishonorable discharge from the Broncos.

Davii
06-03-2008, 11:11 AM
I guess you could say Henry just got a dishonorable discharge from the Broncos.

Nah, Bad Conduct Discharge, the Big Chicken Dinner. If it was a Dishonorable it would've involved Pat Bowlen dropping an elbow.

Lonestar
06-03-2008, 11:13 AM
I hear he's great at exploding in the end zone too. :laugh: :lol:

I had heard that his girlfriends said his lower explosions were pretty good also..

Lonestar
06-03-2008, 11:22 AM
The dead cap space is not a big deal since the team is focusing on the draft and low price FA's.

It is when your dropping 6.8mil here and 15mil there.. all of a sudden your talking big money, did all of rices and fat boys signing bonuses all go out in 2007 or is some of that in this years cap. What about big money Warren? those are just a few.

We also signed Robertsons to a healthy bonus this year if he does not work out like everyone thinks his money becomes due quickly..

Many years this team had 10-20% of the cap being eaten up on dead cap issues..

This is just one more nail in mikey GM coffin.. Sooner or later Pat is going to call the markers due.. Sooner would not be to SOON IMO.

BOSSHOGG30
06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Broncos | Team saves cap room with Henry release
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 09:32:27 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos ended up saving $1.1 million in cap space by releasing RB Travis Henry Monday, June 2, as opposed to suffering a $2.5 million net loss had they released him in May.

Ziggy
06-03-2008, 11:51 AM
It is when your dropping 6.8mil here and 15mil there.. all of a sudden your talking big money, did all of rices and fat boys signing bonuses all go out in 2007 or is some of that in this years cap. What about big money Warren? those are just a few.

We also signed Robertsons to a healthy bonus this year if he does not work out like everyone thinks his money becomes due quickly..

Many years this team had 10-20% of the cap being eaten up on dead cap issues..

This is just one more nail in mikey GM coffin.. Sooner or later Pat is going to call the markers due.. Sooner would not be to SOON IMO.

Here are the numbers:

This is the bulk of Denver's dead cap space. In each of the last 2 seasons, the average of dead money per club was just less than 10 million.

Javon Walker- 4.7 mill
Simeon Rice- 3 Mill
Sam Adams 1.25 Mill
Still trying to find Henry's final number

Total Payroll- 102,152,344 Million (Not counting rookies)
NFL Rank- 15th

edit: Henry will count 1.2 Mill against the cap this year, 3.6 Mill next year

HolyDiver
06-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I like the team we are going into the season with.............Alot of young talent competing for starting spots.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Here are the numbers:

This is the bulk of Denver's dead cap space. In each of the last 2 seasons, the average of dead money per club was just less than 10 million.

Javon Walker- 4.7 mill
Simeon Rice- 3 Mill
Sam Adams 1.25 Mill

NFL Rank- 15th

edit: Henry will count 1.2 Mill against the cap this year, 3.6 Mill next year

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...ease-rb-henry/

Because Henry already had surrendered a $6 million option bonus earlier this year in a contract renegotiation, the Broncos’ hit against the salary cap for Henry’s release is expected to be in the $4.8 million range.

And because they released Henry after June 1, the Broncos can split that total between the ’08 and ’09 seasons.

Lonestar
Here are the numbers:

Javon Walker- 4.7 mill
Simeon Rice- 3 Mill
Sam Adams 1.25 Mill

NFL Rank- 15th

just curious where did you find the numbers, could you me spare a link?

I think the rookie payroll is included in the total cap number..

I sounds like thenrys money is about according to Bosses post jsut above your..
John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos ended up saving $1.1 million in cap space by releasing RB Travis Henry Monday, June 2, as opposed to suffering a $2.5 million net loss had they released him in May.

Ziggy
Henry lost about 18 million by being a lazy deuchebag. Call it karma, call it reaping what you sew, call it what you want. I call it justice.

Lonestar
06-03-2008, 11:57 AM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...ease-rb-henry/

your link does not work!!

Ziggy
06-03-2008, 12:04 PM
just curious where did you find the numbers, could you me spare a link?

I think the rookie payroll is included in the total cap number..

I sounds like thenrys money is about according to Bosses post jsut above your..

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/default.aspx

There ya go JR. I didn't see rookies in the numbers.

As far as Henry's numbers, they came from the Denver Post:

In retrospect, Henry was gone the minute the Broncos worked out an agreement last week to sign veteran running back Michael Pittman. By waiting until after June 1 to release Henry, the Broncos were able to defer most of their salary cap hit until 2009. Henry will count $1.2 million against the cap this year, $3.6 million next year.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9454382

Denver Native (Carol)
06-03-2008, 12:05 PM
your link does not work!!

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jun/02/broncos-release-rb-henry/

Call it one and done.

Yes, call it one highly disappointing season, followed by an even more disappointing offseason, and running back Travis Henry's troubled one-year stint with the Broncos officially ended Monday when the veteran running back was released.

He apparently so infuriated team brass, he was not even given a face-to-face meeting before being shown the door.

"We have certain expectations about the way we do things," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said. "He didn't meet those. That's it. So this is the way we're going to go."

Henry was not at the Broncos' Dove Valley complex Monday, and Shanahan said he did not meet with the running back before releasing him.

"I haven't told him, I just released him. I haven't talked to him," Shanahan said after the team's workout.

Henry had missed much of the team's passing camp the past two weeks because of a hamstring injury, and his attendance at the team's offseason functions was privately said to have been spotty at best.

Asked if Henry had not shown up Monday - the Broncos are scheduled for a team camp four days this week and four days next week - Shanahan said, "I think what I said says it all. He showed up last week, and we made a decision."

Henry could not be reached for comment. His agent, Hadley Engelhard, was out of the country and could not immediately be reached.

Henry missed four games of the 2007 season because of a rib injury and a partially torn posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. After opening the season with at least 128 yards rushing in three of his first four games in a Broncos uniform, Henry did not rush for more than 65 yards in any game the remainder of the season and finished with 691.

He had only four carries over the Broncos' final two games.

"We're looking for guys who do the little things the right way, and if you don't do the little things the right way, you're not going to be with the organization," Shanahan said. " . . . And he's not going to be with us."

Henry also came with plenty of off-the-field baggage that included revelations in court documents in Georgia last season that he had fathered nine children by nine women and his battle, and eventual victory, in an appeal hearing with the NFL over what had been characterized as a positive drug test.

Shanahan had been one of Henry's most vocal supporters during the dispute with the NFL and was even fined $25,000 by the league for some remarks he made in the player's defense. But after going through the first part of the offseason conditioning program and the passing camp in May, Shanahan decided he had seen enough.

"I think our players expected it, I don't think it surprised them," Shanahan said of Henry's release. "He's an excellent running back, but to do the things, (to) go where we want to go, everybody's got to be going the right direction. (He's) just too inconsistent as a person, and if you're inconsistent as a person you're usually not going to win championships."

Because Henry already had surrendered a $6 million option bonus earlier this year in a contract renegotiation, the Broncos' hit against the salary cap for Henry's release is expected to be in the $4.8 million range.

And because they released Henry after June 1, the Broncos can split that total between the '08 and '09 seasons.

"I believe in a second chance," Shanahan said. " . . . That's not the case here. You give guys chances and they don't take advantage of them and he's not with us anymore."

Henry's exit also pushes Michael Pittman - the 11-year veteran was signed to a one-year deal last week - Selvin Young, Andre Hall and rookie Ryan Torain up the depth chart. Of the four, the 228-pound Pittman is the only one who has carried the ball more than 200 times in an NFL season.

Shanahan has openly questioned the ability of Young (207 pounds) and Hall (212) to hold up physically as potential every- down backs, and Torain is coming off a serious foot injury that kept him out of six games last season at Arizona State University.

But Pittman said he believed Henry's release was an opportunity for the remaining backs.

"I know my intention every year is to start," Pittman said. "You compete to come in first. You never compete to come in second. We've got a lot of hungry guys here and we're all competing, but I'd like to be the guy.

"It's one less back here, and the competition is open. Nothing is written in cement now. I'm going to press to be the starter. Selvin Young is going to press to be the starter. Andre Hall, the same thing.

"I believe (the Broncos will) put the best man out on the football field. And I do believe that's me. I've been there, I've done it, I've played in the Super Bowl, I've played on a championship team. But we've got hungry guys, and they are going to play the best guy."

Said Shanahan: "I feel very good about it. . . . We've got a lot of talent. I'm excited about the people that we have."

turftoad
06-03-2008, 03:16 PM
CANUK ????????????????????????????????????????? What the??

topscribe
06-03-2008, 03:46 PM
whats up todd!

I didn't even notice.

:welcome:

-----

Lonestar
06-03-2008, 04:36 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/default.aspx

There ya go JR. I didn't see rookies in the numbers.

As far as Henry's numbers, they came from the Denver Post:

In retrospect, Henry was gone the minute the Broncos worked out an agreement last week to sign veteran running back Michael Pittman. By waiting until after June 1 to release Henry, the Broncos were able to defer most of their salary cap hit until 2009. Henry will count $1.2 million against the cap this year, $3.6 million next year.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9454382

best I see was 2007 numbers and therefore this years rookie numbers will not be seen.. Yet moss, crowder and Thomas numbers were on there..

I have been always told there is a Rookie "pool" that is used to sign the rookies however it must be taken from the total cap bucket.. Now there i some confusion on who is included in that bucket .. I have heard it is only the 53 active duty players and also heard it includes PS and IR.. Perhaps someone can clarify this.

Also I used to get actual number form the NFLPA web site it has seemed to change this year..

Does anyone have a new link into seeing what they are really making??

this used to be my link..

http://www.nflplayers.com/user/index.aspx?fmid=378&lmid=378&pid=0&type=l

Would take me to a choose what player, team menu longer as you can see.

Cugel
06-04-2008, 12:10 AM
KRIEGER: Character flaws cost Henry
By Dave Krieger, Rocky Mountain News
Originally published 06:31 p.m., June 2, 2008
Updated 06:31 p.m., June 2, 2008

ENGLEWOOD — A respected Broncos veteran who shall remain nameless let it be known during quarterback camp that simply by jettisoning Javon Walker and Ian Gold in the offseason, the Broncos became a better team.

This was a reference not to talent but to team chemistry, to that elusive sense of unity the Broncos used to know.

Mike Shanahan seldom admits a bad decision publicly, but he will correctify, as Larry Coyer would say, even while he defends the decision he's reversing.

Which will explain Monday's third and final shoe drop of the offseason, an early morning farewell to the last surviving member of the Broncos' 2007 axis of knuckleheads.

As occasional column contributor Tony Lovitt of San Diego points out, Travis Henry could be forgiven if he was distracted from his football duties, what with Father's Day coming up and all.

"Travesty," as my colleague Drew Litton nicknamed him, can now devote full attention to his nine children by nine women across four southern states, assuming these numbers have not increased since last year's Georgia child support court case that exposed them.

Confronted with this information on the eve of the '07 season, Shanahan did not deny that it might offer a window into the man's character. He did say he had no idea when he signed Henry five months earlier.

When Henry came up dirty on a league drug test during the season, Shanahan defended him, explaining he'd put on his Andy Griffith badge and given Henry a lie detector test, which he passed. When Henry's appeal to the NFL was upheld, it looked like vindication for both player and coach.

But behind the scenes, Henry's knuckleheadedness was slowly wearing on the organization. Teammate Andre Hall, one of the backs who will compete for Henry's touches, said his former teammate brought his release on himself. Asked what he meant, Hall trod carefully:

"I really can't say too much. I guess cause he didn't show. I don't really know too much about what's going on, what happened. He had a hamstring injury, I know that much. I know he's supposed to been out here, a lot of guys are out here hurt, and he didn't show up."

The camel's back was already pretty well loaded. Shanahan cut him on the spot, without waiting for an explanation. This became apparent when he was asked to characterize Henry's reaction.

"I haven't told him yet," Shanahan said after Monday's workout, the first of a two-week team camp. "I just released him. Haven't talked to him."

This was a marked contrast to his handling of the failed drug test, and a measure of how far Henry's credibility had fallen within the organization. Evidently, Henry exhausted a long list of excuses for missing the team's "voluntary" offseason workout program. In fact, I'm told he now holds the club's unofficial record for sick relatives.

This actually makes sense when you consider how many kids he has, although it requires believing that he also takes responsibility for them. Let's just say the Georgia court case raised some doubts about this. Documents in the case showed him spending $250,000 of his Broncos signing bonus on a Mercedes and gold jewelry while under court order to establish a trust for a 3-year-old for past failure to pay child support.

It would be nice to report that on second thought Shanahan regretted signing such an irresponsible fellow and cut him to improve his team's character quotient. Indeed, when I asked about the importance of character in his roster decisions this year, Shanahan offered the obligatory assurance that character wins championships.

Unfortunately, the veteran running back he signed last week in apparent anticipation of Monday's move, Michael Pittman, has a history of domestic violence almost as long as Henry's history of irresponsible paternity.

The St. Petersburg Times reported that Pittman's wife, Melissa, told investigators she was subjected to 30 or 40 incidents of domestic violence she never reported to police.

So cutting Travis Henry was not a statement about character so much as a choice between character flaws. It was Henry's bad luck that his character flaw — a con man's fixation on serving himself — happens to be a locker room liability, too.--------------------------

You know, I don't see the Pittman signing as being a good one. I didn't care at all about Henry's 9 illegitimate children, because that just says he's an idiot off the field. He beat the drug charge last year because he was innocent and proved it. Believe me the league didn't WANT to let him off. They just had ZERO case against him, so they had to.

But this Pittman 30-40 domestic violence incidents? That's a serial batterer.

I'd say his chances of remaining out of court are slim and none. It's pretty clear that the "domestic abuse counseling" didn't take. He's still the same vicious thug that he was before.

I rarely comment on a player's off-field incidents, but I don't like this signing at all! There's no place in the NFL for wife-batterers. I think that's a much worse crime than smoking weed.:coffee:

Davii
06-04-2008, 12:19 AM
You know, I don't see the Pittman signing as being a good one. I didn't care at all about Henry's 9 illegitimate children, because that just says he's an idiot off the field. He beat the drug charge last year because he was innocent and proved it. Believe me the league didn't WANT to let him off. They just had ZERO case against him, so they had to.

I'd say his chances of remaining out of court are slim and none. It's pretty clear that the "domestic abuse counseling" didn't take. He's still the same vicious thug that he was before.

I rarely comment on a player's off-field incidents, but I don't like this signing at all! There's no place in the NFL for wife-batterers. I think that's a much worse crime than smoking weed.:coffee:

Agreed. I don't like it either.

The only thing I want to point out is Henry didn't beat the NFL because he was innocent. He beat the NFL because they didn't follow their rules on the testing.

Watchthemiddle
06-04-2008, 12:23 AM

your last statement will be the "true" test for SHanahan.

Character....vs....just words

Cugel
06-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Agreed. I don't like it either.

The only thing I want to point out is Henry didn't beat the NFL because he was innocent. He beat the NFL because they didn't follow their rules on the testing.

I'd say that you're flat wrong on that one. Henry tested before and after the positive test and was negative both times. He submitted a hair sample which covered the entire period where the false positive was reported and THAT was negative. Hair samples are more conclusive than other tests.

Then he passed a lie detector test.

Overall, there's overwhelming evidence that he was simply the victim of a false positive reading. That reading was marginal. If he'd smoked weed the "before" reading would be negative, the "after" reading would be off the scale and the "following" reading would also be positive, but lower than the first one.

In short you can't hide THC from multiple tests. It's going to show up. Even worse, a hair sample can't conceal weed use at all. (The only way to cheat that test is to cut the hair off afterwards, then the new growth would be "clean"). Henry didn't do that.

All in all there is just NO credible evidence that Henry smoked weed, which is why Shanahan stood by him at the time.

And the league did NOT want to exonerate Henry. They were all set to make an example of him.

As for the league not following procedures, they had a perfectly valid legal argument: which was that they notified Henry that his proposed "expert" would NOT be permitted to witness the test under league rules and also provided him with a list of acceptable experts who were not affiliated with labs.

Henry could argue all he wanted that the test violated due process, but in fact that argument wasn't all that strong if he was notified before the test and actually had the right to have an expert present and declined to do so because his proposed expert was not certified.

As an attorney I could argue his side of the case, but I wouldn't be totally confident of winning. I think the league could have prevailed in court on that one. If the collective bargaining agreement stated that lab-affiliated experts would not be permitted, then that's that. Henry would lose.

Furthermore, there was nothing in the test procedure itself that was inherently unfair. It was just a clearly false positive.

Faced with the evidence of before and after testing versus a very marginal positive result from one test, the league backed down.

They didn't want to do so. They were all set to "make an example" out of Henry to show the players that the commissioner's new "get tough" policy would be enforced.

None of this of course means that Henry is intelligent or a good player to keep. He totally wore out his welcome with his failure to adhere to the off-season conditioning program.

But, as for Pittman, I think he's a MUCH higher risk than Henry ever was. How long before Pittman is arrested again on domestic violence charges if he's beaten his wife more than 40 times?

That's just thugish behavior and a truly rotten B astard to beat up women!

NightTrainLayne
06-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Well-stated Cugel.

Dreadnought
06-04-2008, 02:29 PM
I've got a funny feeling that Pittman won't make the final roster. Could be wrong, but I don't see him ever playing a regular season game. He's old, mediocre, and an A-hole on top of it all.

Lonestar
06-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Hair growth is pretty fast and unless they also collected a hair sample that same day if he were to shave his head or cut it close 2-3 weeks after the situation it would all be NEW growth thus nothing to test for.. Thus the test for hair was inconclusive.

IIRC

The reason the thing was overturned simply was they did not allow "his Representative" to be present when they redid the "Second sample".

Something about the rep being the same one they used or some nonsense like that..

Instead of rescheduling it when they could get another henry rep there they went ahead and tested the original second half of the sample without henry having a rep present to verify it..

They knew that they had violated the NFLPA and it would not hold up to review so they let him off on technicality..

I guessing that the procedures are now firmly in place.. to make sure that something like this does not happen again..

Now whether he was to stupid to stay away from the stuff or if it was fallout at a party he was at I do not know but I'd guess knowing his lack of self control he did it or was close enough for the urine sample to nail him.

It was nice that mikey stood by the moron.. See what it got him? I'm guessing it will not happen again with a mariginal character guy..

Medford Bronco
06-04-2008, 04:27 PM
a career keepsake.

:laugh:: : http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/BIGrofl2-1.gif

-----

I thought that they should send him these

http://www.ripnroll.com/images/trojansamplerlrg.jpg

and this

http://blog.wired.com/biotech/images/193116005801_ss500_sclzzzzzzz_v111420428.jpg :lol:

Npba900
06-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Well the NFL stands for "NOT FOR LONG"! I see Henry's release as an opportunity for Mike Bell to make the team this year.

Also, we don't know if Selvin Young can make it through camp and the pre-season w/o getting nicked up and injured; and as posters have already said, Pittman could have more character issues as well.

Shanahan has already said he's looking for responsible mature team players who should be willing to perform and make the right decisions on and off the field and who are willing to put their team and the Broncos first. Pittman doesn't exactly fit this mold.

As for Bell, thus far he's been the ultimate self-sacrificing type of team player with no off the field baggage. Bell makes the team if his blocking has vastly improved and if he doesnt' fumble.

So the RB spots are still wide open.

Cugel
06-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Hair growth is pretty fast and unless they also collected a hair sample that same day if he were to shave his head or cut it close 2-3 weeks after the situation it would all be NEW growth thus nothing to test for.. Thus the test for hair was inconclusive.
That isn't what happened in this case. The hair sample was taken the next day or the day after, not weeks later, IIRC.

Also, if he'd had a hair-cut in between that would be rather obvious and the test would be inconclusive.

But, if he smoked weed, the positive test would never have been "marginal." It would be way off the scale. Then the next blood test would also be a positive, but lower.

THC shows up in tests more than a month later, it's really easy to test for compared to other substances, because it is absorbed by fat cells and when these break down, it releases minute particles into the blood and these can be tested.

Overall, I'd say that the evidence is strongly against Henry having smoked weed.

As for the testing procedures, Henry had an opportunity to have his expert witness both tests, including the "B" sample. However, he refused to change his expert to one who would be authorized by the league under the CBA.

Henry's agent was lab-affiliated and he was notified BEFORE the test that the expert would not be allowed, and was sent a list of non-lab-affiliated experts who would be acceptable.

Now, unless the NFL was in violation of the CBA by requiring non-lab affiliated experts, then Henry would lose a due-process challenge. He had the opportunity to have his expert there and didn't do it.

There was presumably proper chain of custody of the evidence and proper testing procedures were followed.

(In reality, the only thing Henry's expert could do if he was there was witness that they didn't follow incorrect procedures. The player-expert wouldn't have the right to do their own test).

Lonestar
06-05-2008, 05:25 PM
That isn't what happened in this case. The hair sample was taken the next day or the day after, not weeks later, IIRC.

Also, if he'd had a hair-cut in between that would be rather obvious and the test would be inconclusive.

But, if he smoked weed, the positive test would never have been "marginal." It would be way off the scale. Then the next blood test would also be a positive, but lower.

THC shows up in tests more than a month later, it's really easy to test for compared to other substances, because it is absorbed by fat cells and when these break down, it releases minute particles into the blood and these can be tested.

Overall, I'd say that the evidence is strongly against Henry having smoked weed.

As for the testing procedures, Henry had an opportunity to have his expert witness both tests, including the "B" sample. However, he refused to change his expert to one who would be authorized by the league under the CBA.

Henry's agent was lab-affiliated and he was notified BEFORE the test that the expert would not be allowed, and was sent a list of non-lab-affiliated experts who would be acceptable.

Now, unless the NFL was in violation of the CBA by requiring non-lab affiliated experts, then Henry would lose a due-process challenge. He had the opportunity to have his expert there and didn't do it.

There was presumably proper chain of custody of the evidence and proper testing procedures were followed.

(In reality, the only thing Henry's expert could do if he was there was witness that they didn't follow incorrect procedures. The player-expert wouldn't have the right to do their own test).

I pretty much concur with everything you say here but I was under the impression that the hair sample was done after the appeal process was started. As as dumb as this clown was he would have known immediately to have gotten a hair cut.

I'd have done it on the way home after the piss test..

As the hair grows the substance they test for goes into the hair and is trapped in it forever, once the substance is out of the blood stream it will no longer be absorbed into the hair follicle..

Also as I understood it his "rep" was not allowed to witness the testing of sample B from his original sample. That as the reason they backed down.. had they waited till he had a "rep" there it would have irreversible in eyes of the league..

But since his "rep" was disallowed he was not represented during the retest.

Had it been a simple everything came out clean it would not have been for ever to make a ruling and thus no controversy..

There is no doubt in my mind regardless of the "official" comments that someone screwed the pooch and did the retest without him or his rep being there to watch it.. therefore throwing everything open for more legal than it is worth things to happen..

I'll also bet they have an unwritten Thenry rule that sees that regardless of how long it takes the players rep will oversee the second retest..

I'll bet we can agree on that can't we..

20yardline
06-05-2008, 08:36 PM
It is time to move on. Selvin Young is ready to step up.

Npba900
06-05-2008, 09:45 PM

Pittman's domestic battering issues are a serious matter, especially when you look at the size of his arms! There is just very little going on upstairs when it comes down maturely dealing with the opposite sex! Oh well, if he has another gender squabble and the police get involved....he's as good as gone b/c Shanahan won't put up with it. The theme this year is "Character On and Off The Field".

Npba900
06-05-2008, 09:46 PM
It is time to move on. Selvin Young is ready to step up.

I'm pulling for Selvin. Let's just hope his body can hold up this season.

scott.475
06-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Not defending what Pittman's past is, but I wonder if something in him has changed since then? His last (known) domestic problem was 5 years ago. Without a serious change of heart, batterers won't go 5 years between incidents. I would hope his wife, or others in their circle, would have had the ability to report if anything more had been going on. I hope he had a soul changing experience, not because he is a Bronco, but because it is the right thing, regardless.

I hope Selvin can make it happen, he is exciting to watch.

Pittman's wife was voted Tampa's Fittest Female:

http://www.pittman32.com/images/tampabays_fittest_female.jpg

They also run a travel agency. His personal website is www.pittman32.com

SmilinAssasSin27
06-08-2008, 09:08 AM
I bet it'd fit quite nicely...

Jwalk - JayCutty6Goes - CasinoRoyal
06-08-2008, 04:09 PM
This was kind of expected. The guy was not comitted to the Broncos. Im on board with Shanny on this one.

weazel
06-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Travis Henry is going...

wow Pittman's wife is hot!

...what was I saying? oh well, Pittmans wife is hot!

Simple Jaded
06-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Give me and Ms Tampa's Fittest Female four......maybe five, minutes alone, she be wanna marry a cracka......

Skinny
06-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Give me and Ms Tampa's Fittest Female four......maybe five, minutes alone, she be wanna marry a cracka......I would rather have that five minutes with the cutie in yer sig. :elefant:

SmilinAssasSin27
06-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I would rather have that five minutes with the cutie in yer sig. :elefant:

Don't lie...you mean his avatar.

broncogirl7
06-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Not defending what Pittman's past is, but I wonder if something in him has changed since then? His last (known) domestic problem was 5 years ago. Without a serious change of heart, batterers won't go 5 years between incidents. I would hope his wife, or others in their circle, would have had the ability to report if anything more had been going on. I hope he had a soul changing experience, not because he is a Bronco, but because it is the right thing, regardless.

I hope Selvin can make it happen, he is exciting to watch.

Pittman's wife was voted Tampa's Fittest Female:

http://www.pittman32.com/images/tampabays_fittest_female.jpg

They also run a travel agency. His personal website is www.pittman32.com

Do we know if he received any counseling for his domestic battery charges? If there was 30-40 incidents...that is a huge problem, but if it's been 5 years and he's been in counseling...maybe there is hope.

Skinny
06-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Don't lie...you mean his avatar.Homers blue underwear turn me off. But if i was desperate for a beer .....