vtroper
06-02-2008, 07:13 AM
Lord help us...

MOtorboat
06-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Use the mute button.

claymore
06-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Any one is better than korheiser. I do not like that SOB.

SOCALORADO.
06-02-2008, 08:30 AM

NO. these 2 assclowns are the absolute worse!! EVER!
Not one original thought amongst them. Nothing.
MUTE.

Reidman
06-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Seriously, mike and mike morning show guys..!!?!

That's the best they could do...?:confused:

BOSSHOGG30
06-02-2008, 09:10 AM
I love Mike and Mike... this is great.

NightTrainLayne
06-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Every year lately it's somebody new. At least there's only two. There is no need for a 3rd pinhead in the booth too.

Hopefully, no interviews with JaMarcus Russell's Grandma or anything like that.

Just show us the freaking game!

TXBRONC
06-02-2008, 09:13 AM
I love Mike and Mike... this is great.

I don't have any problem with Greenberg and Golic calling the game.

BroncoJoe
06-02-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm usually so into the game, the announcers are just "white" background noise.

Don't really care one way or another.

JoeF
06-02-2008, 09:18 AM

Gotta agree...wuz expectng that Korny/olio twit since it is MNF, these two are a tad of an uupgrade...lesser of two weevils almost.:throwrock:

So, what wuz the name of that S.Denver bar that sponsored a throwing of the brick @ the tv when Howard Cosell appeared...
time to re-institute that tradition!:cheers:

SBboundBRONCOS
06-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Every year lately it's somebody new. At least there's only two. There is no need for a 3rd pinhead in the booth too.

Hopefully, no interviews with JaMarcus Russell's Grandma or anything like that.

Just show us the freaking game!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68366

unfortunately the third just joind in the name of DA COACH himself, i will def be muting this SOB:mad:

Ziggy
06-02-2008, 10:25 AM
I'll take Mike and Mike over Cornheiser every time. Who really cares? It's MNF, the first game of the year, and we get to beat up on the Raiders in Oakland. If you have to start the season on the road, there's not many teams better to go build the young guys confidence against.

NightTrainLayne
06-02-2008, 10:32 AM
I'll take Mike and Mike over Cornheiser every time. Who really cares? It's MNF, the first game of the year, and we get to beat up on the Raiders in Oakland. If you have to start the season on the road, there's not many teams better to go build the young guys confidence against.

On the plus side, this means that M&M will be doing their show from Denver, and will give us some extra media attention for our beloved team.

BroncoFanatic
06-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Until proven otherwise, NO ONE is worse than Kornheiser

BroncoAV06
06-02-2008, 01:02 PM
No Jaws breaking down Cutler and his passes, that I would look forward to. PTI is enough for Tony, hate how ESPN thinks they need to over expose all the people on the network.

Hoshdude7
06-02-2008, 01:04 PM
I like Mike and Mike. They are definetly better than Kornheiser or Kermit.

topscribe
06-02-2008, 01:05 PM
If you're in the Denver area, you can turn down the TV and turn on KOA radio
(or whatever it is now . . . been a long time for me). If you're somewhere else
in the country, as am I, then . . . well, guess I'll mute the sound and maybe
put on some Ritchie Blackmore solos during the game or something. :whoknows:

-----

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 02:25 PM
On the plus side, this means that M&M will be doing their show from Denver, and will give us some extra media attention for our beloved team.

are they on the first plane to OAK to cover that game or are they doing it in absentia

BTW someone commented on getting to beat up on the raiders ahahahahah

Hobe
06-02-2008, 03:03 PM
The 49'ers and Cards in a Monday season opener?!? Snooze fest is right! Who would schedule two of the worst teams to a big prime time game?

Mike, Mike, Mike...Who cares. The only way I watching this game is if I have nothing else to do.

dogfish
06-02-2008, 03:47 PM
i'd take dr. phil and jerry springer over kornholer. . . .

NightTrainLayne
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
are they on the first plane to OAK to cover that game or are they doing it in absentia

BTW someone commented on getting to beat up on the raiders ahahahahah

My mistake. Still they'll have to say something about the Broncos. . .hopefully, positive.

TDmvp
06-02-2008, 06:32 PM
anything is better then kornhole .. and i don't mind Mike & Mike

Skinny
06-02-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't mind Golic at all, but Greenberg not so much.

honz
06-02-2008, 06:47 PM
I like Mike and Mike...I didn't realize that so many people hated them.

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I like Mike and Mike...I didn't realize that so many people hated them.

weenie mike is a tool, but the big guy knows his football..

broncosfanscott
06-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I listen to the Mike and Mike show sometimes and don't really have a problem with either of them. However, when it comes to those guys announcing all I can say is CRAP. Maybe they will surprise me and be decent. Who knows

Bronco Bible
06-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Seriously, mike and mike morning show guys..!!?!

That's the best they could do...?:confused:

Heck they are showing the gameTHE NEXT MORNING(east coast):tsk:

HolyDiver
06-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Heck they are showing the gameTHE NEXT MORNING(east coast):tsk:

Yeah, I think it stats 10:30.............eastern. That is reduculous to have two MNF games that night.

lex
06-03-2008, 09:25 AM
While it may not be as bad as Kornheiser, its still not good. I remember last year when they were doing their preseason analysis of various teams and Golic was being an absolute *****. Greenberg would ask him about Denver and he would say something nonrelated acting like a child. Golic seems like he has an axe to grind. If they act like theyre excited about this, its because of their own self promotion. And really, since when does hosting a popular morning talk show qualify anyone to broadcast MNF? Oy vay, how far MNF has fallen.

BOSSHOGG30
06-03-2008, 09:35 AM
I love the Mike & Mike show and I like Mike & Mike as doing the commentating. They are both good guys who love the sport. They bring two different points of views to the game. One a fan that isn't afraid to say what is on his mind but not annoying like Kornheiser was and then you have Golic who gives you that down to earth player prospective. They both have fun busting on each other and you can tell they get into their work. They might not be the best ever but I do enjoy a sincere and honest effort and they both know their football.

Stargazer
06-03-2008, 10:06 AM
I don't have any problem with Greenberg and Golic calling the game.

I don't either. Heck, why not? It's only for one game on ESPN and it's the second game.

BroncoWave
06-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I don't understand why people bitch about the announcers in a football game. To me, that's like bitching about the music in a strip club. Who cares? You're still in a strip club!

BOSSHOGG30
06-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I don't understand why people bitch about the announcers in a football game. To me, that's like bitching about the music in a strip club. Who cares? You're still in a strip club!

You are comparing being somewhere to watching something on tv...it is totally different.

I could care less who the announcers are if I'm at a Broncos game. I'm there I can watch, listen, and look at what ever I want.

When you watch the Broncos on TV and they spend the entire pregame show talking about Donald Driver and Brett Farve then the half time show with Brett Farves wife plus they keep the camera's in the box most of the game talking with celebrities instead of focusing on the game it self...it does get annoying. We are tuning into the game to watch Denver vs. ???? not to find out more about some movie, book, or how Brett Farve and his wife are doing.

BroncoWave
06-03-2008, 10:19 AM
You are comparing being somewhere to watching something on tv...it is totally different.

I could care less who the announcers are if I'm at a Broncos game. I'm there I can watch, listen, and look at what ever I want.

When you watch the Broncos on TV and they spend the entire pregame show talking about Donald Driver and Brett Farve then the half time show with Brett Farves wife plus they keep the camera's in the box most of the game talking with celebrities instead of focusing on the game it self...it does get annoying. We are tuning into the game to watch Denver vs. ???? not to find out more about some movie, book, or how Brett Farve and his wife are doing.

I can understand your point if the cameras are in the booth instead of the field, but as far as announcers go, I've never had a problem with any set of them. I'm like broncojoe, I'm so focused on the game, the announcers are just background noise.

BOSSHOGG30
06-03-2008, 10:21 AM
I can understand your point if the cameras are in the booth instead of the field, but as far as announcers go, I've never had a problem with any set of them. I'm like broncojoe, I'm so focused on the game, the announcers are just background noise.

As for the actual game action.... I think we all do this...but it is the overall experience of the event. If you have to listen to someone annoying in between plays, pregame, halftime, and post game reports it makes the overall experience less pleasant. You said you don't understand why people complain about announcers, but this is why.

BroncoWave
06-03-2008, 10:32 AM
As for the actual game action.... I think we all do this...but it is the overall experience of the event. If you have to listen to someone annoying in between plays, pregame, halftime, and post game reports it makes the overall experience less pleasant. You said you don't understand why people complain about announcers, but this is why.

As long as the Broncos win, we could have the shittiest announcers in the world, and it'd still be a pleasant experience for me! :D

Lonestar
06-03-2008, 11:31 AM
As long as the Broncos win, we could have the shittiest announcers in the world, and it'd still be a pleasant experience for me! :D

just be prepared for an unpleasant night..

BroncoWave
06-03-2008, 11:48 AM

:rolleyes:

BOSSHOGG30
06-03-2008, 11:49 AM

The Raiders? lol, I don't think so.

Broncogator
06-03-2008, 12:49 PM
NOBODY sucked as bad as Madden and summerall, with honorable metion to Joe Thiesman :mad:

yardog
06-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Mike Ditka back for special MNF broadcast
Mike Greenberg, Mike Golic and Mike Ditka were chosen to call the second game of ESPN's season-opening "Monday Night Football" doubleheader, Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders on Sept. 8. That game will follow the telecast of the Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers, which will be handled by Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Tony Kornheiser. That night the Packers are to retire the jersey of former quarterback Brett Favre. -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

SOCALORADO.
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I love the Mike & Mike show and I like Mike & Mike as doing the commentating. They are both good guys who love the sport. They bring two different points of views to the game. One a fan that isn't afraid to say what is on his mind but not annoying like Kornheiser was and then you have Golic who gives you that down to earth player prospective. They both have fun busting on each other and you can tell they get into their work. They might not be the best ever but I do enjoy a sincere and honest effort and they both know their football.

I couldnt disagree more. Both are the biggest idiots ive ever heard on radio, and i didnt listen too long.
Neither know anything about sports in general and are only in it to self promote.
Horrible decision to put these 2 assclowns in a booth.
greenberg is the biggest puss ever. I swear, hopefully Ditka smacks both of em out of the booth and does the whole game by himself.

Yeah, basically i think they blow!

lex
06-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I couldnt disagree more. Both are the biggest idiots ive ever heard on radio, and i didnt listen too long.
Neither know anything about sports in general and are only in it to self promote.
Horrible decision to put these 2 assclowns in a booth.
greenberg is the biggest puss ever. I swear, hopefully Ditka smacks both of em out of the booth and does the whole game by himself.

Yeah, basically i think they blow!

Nice rant. I give it an 9 out of 10.

TXBRONC
06-03-2008, 02:33 PM
I don't either. Heck, why not? It's only for one game on ESPN and it's the second game.

What's the sense in being upset by them calling the game? I'll watch because it's the Broncos not because Greenberg and Golic.

Az Snake
06-03-2008, 02:36 PM
The Raiders? lol, I don't think so.

Pray Greenie doesn't pick the Broncos ! :eek:

Stargazer
06-03-2008, 10:22 PM
What's the sense in being upset by them calling the game? I'll watch because it's the Broncos not because Greenberg and Golic.

I quoted you because I agree. I'm not upset at all. Heck, why not have Mike & Mike do the 2nd game? And now that Ditka will be added to the broadcast. Sounds good to me.

I'd rather listen to these 3 guys than the main MNF crew.

dendave
06-05-2008, 07:47 AM
The thing that cracks me up is, if you go to a game you don't listen to "play-by-play announcers" or color, just put on your favorite music and watch the game, you don't need announcers...with all the graphics they use now it's not like they are telling you anything you can't read on screen