PDA

View Full Version : all xbox 360 people...I got the red ring of death.

underrated29
06-01-2008, 11:33 AM
I was playing burnout revenge as my son loves watching the cars race... Twice now in the middle of playing i have gotten the red ring of death..

Anyone know why, or how to fix it?

aww. my son is very very:tsk::tsk:

and i am very very :mad::mad:

please help:beer:

Timmy!
06-01-2008, 09:22 PM
I believe you have to contact microsoft (sorry..don't know the website...try googling it) and they will send you a box to send your xbox to them and they will fix it free of charge, if it's under warranty. I don't know all the fine details as I don't know anybody personally who has had to do this, but I have heard stories over the net and am pretty sure that's what you need to do.

MOtorboat
06-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I believe you have to contact microsoft (sorry..don't know the website...try googling it) and they will send you a box to send your xbox to them and they will fix it free of charge, if it's under warranty. I don't know all the fine details as I don't know anybody personally who has had to do this, but I have heard stories over the net and am pretty sure that's what you need to do.

www.microsoft.com. :coffee:

I've heard bad things about the "ring"

Requiem / The Dagda
06-01-2008, 10:40 PM
You can always send it into them, Microsoft extended lifetime warranties to all people who purchased them if anything were to have failed that wasn't your fault. Did you get this at Best Buy or a place who had an extended warranty? Maybe you have one? I don't know how to fix them manually, mostly they deal with hardware failures. I've had it happen twice, I'm on my third 360. Best of luck to ya my buddy.

BroncoJoe
06-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Guess I'll be looking at the PS3...

Heard too many stories of this happening with the 360.

MasterShake
06-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Remember, 4 rings=loose connection, 3 rings=dead. Microsoft has a good return policy, and the new ones have the quieter motors and better cooling systems. Good luck.

Escobar
06-02-2008, 01:27 AM
Xbox 360's suck.

sneakers
06-02-2008, 06:13 AM
Ohs Noooos!

If it makes you feel better, my PS3 broke a while back (a few days before GTA IV was released) and it took around 9 or so days before I got it back fixed.

Timmy!
06-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Remember, 4 rings=loose connection, 3 rings=dead. Microsoft has a good return policy, and the new ones have the quieter motors and better cooling systems. Good luck.

I'm pretty sure I have the newer model. My 360 is kinda loud, but nothing compared to what I've heard some people say. Also, no ring of death for me. If it was gonna happen I think the 14 straight hours of playing GTA IV when it came out without give the 360 a break would have done it. I've felt in the back, and it does get warm, but not hot. I think the problem is only with the 360 that were sold during the 1st year or so they were out?

claymore
06-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Hahahaha Im glad I bought a PS3!

MasterShake
06-02-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm pretty sure I have the newer model. My 360 is kinda loud, but nothing compared to what I've heard some people say. Also, no ring of death for me. If it was gonna happen I think the 14 straight hours of playing GTA IV when it came out without give the 360 a break would have done it. I've felt in the back, and it does get warm, but not hot. I think the problem is only with the 360 that were sold during the 1st year or so they were out?

Sounds about right.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Underrated, in case you wanted to know -- I went to bed right last night and dreamt about my 360 getting the red rings. Must have been this thread. :D

Benetto
06-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Sneakers...Whats your PS3 Gamer tag?

underrated29
06-02-2008, 11:59 AM
wow....Its crazy because we were talking about this in the xbox thread and i was like i havent had the ring of death...Then i freaking got it....

Master shake- good call on the ring numebrs- i didnt know that. I will have to try to play it again and count the rings.

I do have that like extra fan thingy that hooks on to the back of the box, so i dont know if that helps the cooling. Its supposed to.. I just dont know.

I havent played the box in a while. Dust? i have no idea.

Thanks for the link to send it in....My wife bought it at circuit city for me, but it was a year or two ago- i dont think she got any additional warranties. Not sure, but i doubt it.

Dream- dont let my thread give you nightmares like that!

If you lose connection is it like the disc is skipping or wires are comming lose?

claymore
06-02-2008, 12:13 PM
This is crazy........ My Co worker just came in and said this happened to him last night. LMFAO....... This sucks.

underrated29
06-02-2008, 12:31 PM
dude its a curse. Its got to be something in the air or something.

I would say they maybe send out a signal through the internet to f them up, but mine is hooked up.

Bill gates you are a douche!:beer:

nj10
06-02-2008, 01:42 PM
It happened to me too...just call the xbox hotline. Tell them what's up. They send you a box. You send them your xbox in it. They send you one they've repaired for someone else so you can have one back sooner...

underrated29
06-02-2008, 02:02 PM
nice. any idea how much it costs.... i dont think i still have a waranty on it.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-02-2008, 02:58 PM
If the Universe implodes, I'm blaming it all on you Underrated and your heathen 360.

underrated29
06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
LOL.

yeah that would be bad. And i will take the blame for it.

But there is a solution to this problem if it does. We need to fix it. Since everything goes wrong in the world because of me.

Then everything must also go right because of me..

Thats why I am hereby establishing the Underrated29 fund.

Please everyone donate a little to the U29 fund. Then i can fix my box, and save the whole world at the same time.

Its fool proof!