PDA

View Full Version : Sauerbrun pissed off at Broncos:

turftoad
05-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Broncos | Sauerbrun says team didn't give him fair shot
Fri, 30 May 2008 01:42:48 -0700

The Rocky Mountain News reports free-agent P Todd Sauerbrun (Broncos) believed the Denver Broncos did him wrong by releasing him after a confrontation with a Denver taxi driver Dec. 7. The incident led to a citation and a visit to a detox facility. Sauerbrun is upset with head coach Mike Shanahan, who painted him as a bad apple and cut him quickly after the arrest in the same season in which Shanahan constantly defended RB Travis Henry over a failed drug test. Sauerbrun said, "The Broncos didn't give me a fair shot. I don't think they did me right. I do feel ill about it. And their new motto about character guys? The guys I've seen them pick up, you're going to tell me those are good character people? I think not."

atwater27
05-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Hell hath no fury like a punter scorned.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty sure he was given two chances? He was cut once for being a moron, then cut again. Maybe Todd's playing the wrong sport, perhaps he believes he deserves three strikes? Did he talk to the media drunk again?

BOSSHOGG30
05-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Sauerbrun screwed up in Carolina
He screwed up and lied to Shanny with the drug thing
and now the taxi thing.

3 strikes and your out.

atwater27
05-30-2008, 01:43 PM
I wonder if he is best buds with that numbnutz that used to kick for the Colts. wanker wack? vanderjack?

Buff
05-30-2008, 01:43 PM
To say Shanahan didn't give him a fair shake is ridiculous... This is the same guy who couldn't get off Shanny's nutsack for the past couple years because he picked up Todd when no one else would, treated the players like men, yada yada...

Sour Grapes.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-30-2008, 01:46 PM
You'd be sour too if you went from making hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions to now hauling in a cool income of food stamps.

Lonestar
05-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Ddo not be surprised to see him back in DEN after the current maroons slice a few out of bounds like they have almost forever..

Best punter that we have had in a Looong time..

Character is lip service in DEN

topscribe
05-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Poor baby . . . :Cry:

-----

Buff
05-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Ddo not be surprised to see him back in DEN after the current maroons slice a few out of bounds like they have almost forever..

Oh man, I don't know the last time I saw Shanny so mad as when Ernster completely melted down in San Diego... I thought he was going to burst a blood vessel.

topscribe
05-30-2008, 02:16 PM

Danny Baugher punted at Arizona like Sauerbrun never knew how. I couldn't
believe some of those moonshots. And the accuracy of his placement kicks
was just as amazing. If he's over his injury and resumes punting as well as he
did in college, Baugher will make you forget Sauerbrun.

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
05-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Kern > Paulescu > Baugher -- Go Brett Kern!

dogfish
05-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Kern > Paulescu > Baugher -- Go Brett Kern!

anubis >>> ernster

MOtorboat
05-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Well, if I was listed as a "P" on the Denver roster, I'd be a little worried about being stabbed in the leg.

You know, kind of common in Colorado.

pnbronco
05-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh man, I don't know the last time I saw Shanny so mad as when Ernster completely melted down in San Diego... I thought he was going to burst a blood vessel.

I heard Bowlen went nuts in the box also. Should be interesting.

Medford Bronco
05-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Sauerbraun is a POS

End of discussion :coffee:

BroncoJoe
05-30-2008, 03:13 PM
So, a steriod using drunk is upset with the Broncos?

B F D

tubby
05-30-2008, 03:52 PM
He has no one to blame but himself. Look in the mirror, you idiot.

ps. Ernster Sucks!

Retired_Member_001
05-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Sourbrun is pissed off at the Broncos.

But the Broncos are even more pissed off at him.

TXBRONC
05-31-2008, 11:02 PM
He was given two chances he has no reason to complain.

McKeough
06-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Hell hath no fury like a punter scorned.

Lmao, you owe me a new keyboard! :lol::lol::lol:

champbronc2
06-01-2008, 11:54 AM
WHo cares... the guy got enough chances, on and off the field.

Lonestar
06-01-2008, 12:25 PM
WHo cares... the guy got enough chances, on and off the field.

My guess is that you beleive this should also apply to Thenry?

Hobe
06-01-2008, 12:43 PM
It over in Denver. There are 31 other teams in the NFL. See if you can get in with one of them. :ciao:

PS – Whining about your old team will not help you get picked up.

NameUsedBefore
06-01-2008, 05:53 PM
He's probably pissed about having the one tattoo that guarantees you are a tool.

broncogirl7
06-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Sourburn pissed off. WAAAAAAAHHHHH!
I am pissed off at him, as I just watched the replay of the Chicago game where he continually kicked to Hester.

Lonestar
06-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Sourburn pissed off. WAAAAAAAHHHHH!
I am pissed off at him, as I just watched the replay of the Chicago game where he continually kicked to Hester.

he kicked there at someones direction he did not do it of his own volition..

TXBRONC
06-02-2008, 02:17 AM
he kicked there at someones direction he did not do it of his own volition..

I doubt it. Todd has always been criticized for his inability to directional punt.

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 02:37 AM
I doubt it. Todd has always been criticized for his inability to directional punt.

He was quoted in a article after the games saying he was told to kick to him, prior to the returns they were kicking away from him..

IIRC Todd was a pro bowl kicker for the reason he could direction kick, as well as pooch it into the red zone so they were pinned back deep.

topscribe
06-02-2008, 02:40 AM
He was quoted in a article after the games saying he was told to kick to him, prior to the returns they were kicking away from him..

IIRC Todd was a pro bowl kicker for the reason he could direction kick, as well as pooch it into the red zone so they were pinned back deep.

Now, if he could have just kicked that drinking and drug habit . . .

-----

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 02:42 AM
Now, if he could have just kicked that drinking and drug habit . . .

-----

I think the only drugs he was on were weight loss ones.. But I could be wrong.

broncogirl7
06-02-2008, 05:55 AM

Why in the world would someone tell him to kick to Hester? ;)
That's just crazy talk...:elefant:

TXBRONC
06-02-2008, 07:46 AM

No he was good directional punter nor was he good pooch. Consistently he was one the league leaders in touch backs on punts. That is not a hallmark being able to directional punt or pooch punt.

Yes I know ]Todd claimed he was told to kick to Hester. If really believe that I've got great land deal for ya.

TXBRONC
06-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Why in the world would someone tell him to kick to Hester? ;)
That's just crazy talk...:elefant:

I guess he was told to do so because Hester really isn't all that good of a return man. :noidea:

Lonestar
06-02-2008, 12:13 PM
No he was good directional punter nor was he good pooch. Consistently he was one the league leaders in touch backs on punts. That is not a hallmark being able to directional punt or pooch punt.

Yes I know ]Todd claimed he was told to kick to Hester. If really believe that I've got great land deal for ya.

I remember seeing him pooched the ball with his previous team and direction kick it.. For some reason we used to get alot of his games here in no mans land. Now perhaps I only saw his good games, When we got the guy I was real happy that we were finally getting a decent punter we had lacked for a Loooong time..

I think had it not been true someone (broncos staff) would have clarified it with a leak if nothing else to the press. Perhaps someone might have seen it but I have not..

I have all the ocean front land here in west Texas I need..

TXBRONC
06-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I remember seeing him pooched the ball with his previous team and direction kick it.. For some reason we used to get alot of his games here in no mans land. Now perhaps I only saw his good games, When we got the guy I was real happy that we were finally getting a decent punter we had lacked for a Loooong time..

I think had it not been true someone (broncos staff) would have clarified it with a leak if nothing else to the press. Perhaps someone might have seen it but I have not..

I have all the ocean front land here in west Texas I need..

Ok, but I remember him booming it into end zone more so than pooching it.

I haven't that would support either position, however what I do know he was released soon afterwards.