PDA

View Full Version : RealFootball365:Power Rankings

Skinny
09-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Week 1 Power Rankings
By Connor Byrne
September 12, 2007 1:48 AM

Every Wednesday during the NFL regular season, RealFootball365.com will bring you its power poll, ranking the teams from the worst of the moment to the best.

6. Denver Broncos (1-0) - Exhibit A on why football is a strange game: The Broncos out-gained Buffalo by nearly 300 yards, but Denver won the game by only a single point. Nevertheless, with a QB like Jay Cutler, a runner like Travis Henry and the best cornerback duo in the league (Champ Bailey and Dré Bly), the Broncos could go a long way in 2007.

5. Dallas Cowboys (1-0) - A lot of pressure was built up during the offseason by fans eager to see how Tony Romo would fare this year. So far, so good. The second-year starter flung a league-leading 345 yards and four touchdowns in a 45-35 shootout win over Big Blue.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) - Pittsburgh's dominant, 34-7 victory over the Browns was like something right out of 2004 or '05. The Steelers, led by their defense, running game and Ben Roethlisberger, pounded the Browns into submission. Mike Tomlin has picked up right where Bill Cowher left off.

3. San Diego Chargers (1-0) - The Bears held LaDainian Tomlinson to 25 yards rushing and still lost. The only thing that could possibly stand in the way of the Chargers this season is coaching. Norv Turner has to prove that he can control all the Bolts' talent and push the right buttons.

2. New England Patriots (1-0) - Nine catches for 183 yards and a touchdown. Randy Moss is the best fourth-round pick in the league.

1. Indianapolis Colts (1-0) - You'd be hard-pressed to find a better half of football played than the Colts' final 30 minutes against New Orleans. Indy dominated in all three phases, outscoring the stunned Saints 31-0 on the way to a 41-10 triumph. When it's all said and done in '07, Colts safety Bob Sanders just might be the league's Defensive Player of the Year.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/19484.html

SR
09-12-2007, 06:18 PM
What did you do? Search for power rankings until you were blue in the face or just until you found some that would make homer Broncos fans happy? :laugh:

Skinny
09-12-2007, 06:39 PM
What did you do? Search for power rankings until you were blue in the face or just until you found some that would make homer Broncos fans happy? :laugh:lol, naw.

Pretty much everyone sees the others (SI,Fox,Etc.) in threads or other boards or just surfing the web in general.

Personally i thought this one seemed more reasonable to me through out 1-32 compared to the others and am interested to see what others think.

broncosinindy
09-12-2007, 08:09 PM
At this point that is where i would place the broncos that or 7th.

omac
09-13-2007, 08:32 AM
I don't agree with this one ....

3. San Diego Chargers (1-0) - The Bears held LaDainian Tomlinson to 25 yards rushing and still lost. The only thing that could possibly stand in the way of the Chargers this season is coaching. Norv Turner has to prove that he can control all the Bolts' talent and push the right buttons.

The Bears defense did what they set out to do; Tomlinson had, what, 25 yards rushing, and Rivers also had a bad day. The Bears gave them this win.

No matter, for their performance in this game, how can they be ranked #3? :sheep: Even a defense-riddled Detroit, or a losing effort by the Giants, showed so much more promise and firepower than San Diego did.

Call it like it is; the first game under Norv Turner sucked. Good thing for them, the Bears are offense-impaired. :flypig:

Lonestar
09-13-2007, 10:17 AM
I don't agree with this one ....

The Bears defense did what they set out to do; Tomlinson had, what, 25 yards rushing, and Rivers also had a bad day. The Bears gave them this win.

No matter, for their performance in this game, how can they be ranked #3? :sheep: Even a defense-riddled Detroit, or a losing effort by the Giants, showed so much more promise and firepower than San Diego did.

Call it like it is; the first game under Norv Turner sucked. Good thing for them, the Bears are offense-impaired. :flypig:

good post I agree 100%

omac
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
good post I agree 100%

Thanks, man. :cheers:

TXBRONC
09-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Week 1 Power Rankings
By Connor Byrne
September 12, 2007 1:48 AM

Every Wednesday during the NFL regular season, RealFootball365.com will bring you its power poll, ranking the teams from the worst of the moment to the best.

6. Denver Broncos (1-0) - Exhibit A on why football is a strange game: The Broncos out-gained Buffalo by nearly 300 yards, but Denver won the game by only a single point. Nevertheless, with a QB like Jay Cutler, a runner like Travis Henry and the best cornerback duo in the league (Champ Bailey and Dré Bly), the Broncos could go a long way in 2007.

5. Dallas Cowboys (1-0) - A lot of pressure was built up during the offseason by fans eager to see how Tony Romo would fare this year. So far, so good. The second-year starter flung a league-leading 345 yards and four touchdowns in a 45-35 shootout win over Big Blue.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) - Pittsburgh's dominant, 34-7 victory over the Browns was like something right out of 2004 or '05. The Steelers, led by their defense, running game and Ben Roethlisberger, pounded the Browns into submission. Mike Tomlin has picked up right where Bill Cowher left off.

2. New England Patriots (1-0) - Nine catches for 183 yards and a touchdown. Randy Moss is the best fourth-round pick in the league.

1. Indianapolis Colts (1-0) - You'd be hard-pressed to find a better half of football played than the Colts' final 30 minutes against New Orleans. Indy dominated in all three phases, outscoring the stunned Saints 31-0 on the way to a 41-10 triumph. When it's all said and done in '07, Colts safety Bob Sanders just might be the league's Defensive Player of the Year.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/19484.html

The final score I think is indicative some of the growing pains we'll see from Jay. However, if Jay can keep the offense clicking like that we'll see more a lot more points being put up by the offense.

Watchthemiddle
09-13-2007, 02:16 PM
As far as the Broncos go, I think that is accurate. I think that the low score and large amount of yards we racked up will be a good wake up call for this weeks game against the Raiders.

I look to see a blow out.

TXBRONC
09-13-2007, 02:18 PM
As far as the Broncos go, I think that is accurate. I think that the low score and large amount of yards we racked up will be a good wake up call for this weeks game against the Raiders.

I look to see a blow out.

I hope we blow them out, but generally we don't. That being said if the offense puts up somewhere in the neighborhood 30 points like out chances of winning.

Watchthemiddle
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
I hope we blow them out, but generally we don't. That being said if the offense puts up somewhere in the neighborhood 30 points like out chances of winning.

We do have a history of playing DOWN or UP to our competition. I hope this year is different.

I am having flashbacks of a few years ago when we beat the Raiders in Oakland I think...30-3

TXBRONC
09-13-2007, 02:26 PM
We do have a history of playing DOWN or UP to our competition. I hope this year is different.

I am having flashbacks of a few years ago when we beat the Raiders in Oakland I think...30-3

Was that the game played in the rain and Droughns was the starting tail back?

Watchthemiddle
09-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Was that the game played in the rain and Droughns was the starting tail back?

No, I remember it being nics and sunny in Cali and Rod Smith ran crossing patterns all day.

I think it was 2 seasons ago.

TXBRONC
09-13-2007, 02:39 PM
No, I remember it being nics and sunny in Cali and Rod Smith ran crossing patterns all day.

I think it was 2 seasons ago.

Now I remember that game, it was just before Christmas and I believe we clinched the division title that day.