PDA

View Full Version : Dreadnought Schnitzel

Dreadnought
06-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I present Dreadnought Schnitzel, a dinner of my own invention and of which I am mighty proud

Take boneless pork chops or pork tenderloin. Pound Hell out of them until they are really thin, like maybe 1/16". Dip in egg, flour, and fry in olive oil, sprinkling a good bit of paprika on them as they fry. While these are frying do up the sauce.

The sauce is prepared as follows.

1/4 cup light cream
1 large onion
1 Hungarian wax pepper
1/2 cup white wine
Hungarian paprika
white pepper
a couple of cloves of garlic
a bit of butter
salt

Chop up and sautee the garlic, onion and pepper in the white wine and butter. Once these are pretty well cooked stir in the cream and season with white pepper, salt, and paprika to taste. Serve the whole mess on top of egg noodles. I accompanied it with white wine from a box. Its actually pretty easy and fairly cheap but it looks like a complicated fancy meal.

I have earned major points for this one in the past - it was the first meal I ever cooked for my wife back when we were dating

broncofaninfla
06-11-2010, 02:59 PM
I love me some hungarian food, thanks!

Dreadnought
06-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I love me some hungarian food, thanks!

There is a kind of Hungarian red wine called "Bull's Blood" goes with this pretty well. I served with white out of consideration for wife, but red can work, esp if you go heavy on the pepper and paprika

slim
06-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I like recipes that call for 1/2 cup of wine (or 1/2 cup of beer).

They are fun to make.

KCL
06-11-2010, 04:11 PM
when I read the thread title..I was thinking of something else...now that I've read it...it does sound good.