PDA

View Full Version : BroncoGator Gear????

Denver Native (Carol)
06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
http://www.broncogator.com/

Yep, can you believe it :lol:

dogfish
06-10-2010, 12:34 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

that is ****ing awesome!

pnbronco
06-10-2010, 12:37 PM
:laugh:...Oh my....:laugh:

missingnumber7
06-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Are Gator jerseys going to outnumber Elway jerseys this year?

I've already been asked by several friends who are huge Gator fans, but don't like the NFL if I want to sell any of my season tickets to them.

Dirk
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I actually like it!

Will I buy one? No....but I do like it!

T.K.O.
06-10-2010, 03:29 PM
better get em fast...the nfl is gonna slap a lawsuit on that place before you can say TEB....:laugh:
i dont care if they copyrighted the logo the powers that be will gobble them up.
the big mistake was making the mane so similar to the broncos logo

Ravage!!!
06-10-2010, 03:49 PM
better get em fast...the nfl is gonna slap a lawsuit on that place before you can say TEB....:laugh:
i dont care if they copyrighted the logo the powers that be will gobble them up.
the big mistake was making the mane so similar to the broncos logo

Similar is not the same. Not to mention, they aren't selling them AS bronco gear or nfl gear. Its a completely different entity altogether.

T.K.O.
06-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Similar is not the same. Not to mention, they aren't selling them AS bronco gear or nfl gear. Its a completely different entity altogether.

ok...but we are talking about a corperation that is fighting the use of the phrase "who dat" on merchandise...just saying they will try and stop this.
i think its wrong but you can bet they will.
they know the revenue is being generated by tebow and the fact that he is now a bronco....the nfl owns the rights to both

TimTebow15MVP
06-10-2010, 04:55 PM
If only i was not a Florida State fan.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
06-10-2010, 06:04 PM
If I see a bunch of gator gear in Denver during the regular season I'm never watching football again.

Lonestar
06-10-2010, 06:10 PM
If I see a bunch of gator gear in Denver during the regular season I'm never watching football again.

promise?:salute:

Kapaibro
06-10-2010, 06:13 PM
that is cool

SR
06-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Disgusting.

BroncoWave
06-10-2010, 08:45 PM
ok...but we are talking about a corperation that is fighting the use of the phrase "who dat" on merchandise...just saying they will try and stop this.
i think its wrong but you can bet they will.
they know the revenue is being generated by tebow and the fact that he is now a bronco....the nfl owns the rights to both

This is completely different than that. The who dat stuff that the nfl was mad about had the actual saints logo on it which is intellectual property of the NFL.

This logo only resembles the Broncos logo but it's different enough where the NFL really can't do anything about it. I mean, look at the logos of Boise St. and Western Michigan. They are also very similar to the Broncos logo but you don't see the NFL suing them.

dogfish
06-10-2010, 11:20 PM

dude, you are the master of the overly dramatic exaggeration. . .

:lol:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
06-11-2010, 12:53 AM
dude, you are the master of the overly dramatic exaggeration. . .

:lol:

Guilty as hell!!! :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2010, 10:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=5296180

Ed Marlow is nervously sitting next to a 4-foot alligator.

He's on the set of WKMG-Ch. 6 in his hometown of Orlando. But it's not the gator that he's worried about. It's the bright lights of the 11 p.m. newscast. Marlow is a guest. Here to talk about his new website BroncoGator.

In two short months, Marlow's life has changed dramatically and all because of his passion for one man: Tim Tebow.

"It was right after the 25th selection in the first round. A friend and I were talking and said, 'Well, alright. Now we're Broncos fans,' " Marlow said. "That was the inception. Right at that moment. Like 90 seconds after the pick."

Marlow wanted a symbol that represented Tebow's past and present. He collaborated with a friend, Nick Roehrick, on a design that combined the Florida Gator and Denver Bronco mascots, which Roehrick then drew by hand.

The BroncoGator had come to life.

But Marlow didn't have any big plans for the creation at first. He was just going to make a few shirts for himself and some likeminded Gator fans. Then word started to spread. Marlow built a website. Then a Facebook page with this mission statement:

"We are fans committed to Tim Tebow who are now Denver Bronco fans! Come on Gator Nation, let's show some BIG LOVE for TT and support the one team that believed!"

Big love is an understatement. The BroncoGator Facebook page now has more than 21,000 fans. And the website has been flooded with orders for BroncoGator apparel.

"We're struggling, playing catch-up," Marlow said. "We were prepared for a number of orders, but it's just really been exploding."

Tebow fans are gearing up for Sept. 12. That's when the Broncos travel to Jacksonville to take on the Jaguars for their first game of the season. Marlow is christening the event the World's Second Largest Cocktail Party to welcome Tebow home.

The name has caught on and the local media at WKMG-Ch. 6 want to know more about it. So Marlow has borrowed an alligator from a friend, something you can only do in Central Florida. It's just enough to take the pressure and a little attention off him during his big TV debut. Some people are a little upset about the name of the party.

"There was a little backlash," Marlow explains. "It's just an homage to the annual Florida-Georgia game that we all call the World's Largest Cocktail Party, but it doesn't mean you have to show up and get drunk all weekend. It's just a name."

Although Tebow is of legal drinking age, he chooses to abstain. Marlow assures there will be plenty of alcohol-free, virgin cocktails on hand. There will also be more live gators, much bigger than the one sitting next to him on the news set. Probably some gator wrestling shows too.

Marlow has never gotten the chance to meet Tebow, but would love the opportunity. He also has no idea if he's seen the BroncoGator website or outpouring of support by Gator fans for Tebow and his new team.

"I don't see how he couldn't have [seen the website], but at the same time this is a guy who's turning down seven figure endorsement deals to focus on football," Marlow said. "So he may not have time for anything like this since he's focusing so much on his job."

CrazyHorse
06-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I really like the logo.

BroncoBJ
06-21-2010, 11:00 PM
:lol: ... Yea, I saw that. It all made me laugh. Its cool if your a Gators/Broncos fan. But since I'm just a Broncos fan, I'll stick to buying just Broncos gear. :salute:

pnbronco
06-21-2010, 11:38 PM
I hit there site today by accident and saw this...you knew it was going to happen:

“As of Sunday the 20th at midnight, this site will be temporarily closed while we negotiate a redesign with the NCAA/NFL. We will be back ASAP, until then ALL ORDERS RECEIVED BEFORE MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY WILL BE TAKEN AND HONORED. IF YOU ORDER, IT WILL SHIP WITH OUR CURRENT LOGO. We gave our word to try and work with them on a redesign and we will honor our word, to them and to you, our Broncogator fans.”

“All orders already received will be handled the same as always as far as shipping, returns, exchanges, etc. We are NOT going anywhere. We will constantly be available every day to meet your questions and concerns and to provide great customer service!”

Dirk
06-22-2010, 05:46 AM
Yeah, you knew that since some $$ was going to be made, the big boys would want their cut.

Nomad
06-22-2010, 07:40 AM
Yeah, you knew that since some $$ was going to be made, the big boys would want their cut.

Yeah, the little man can't make any cash off those ****s from the NFL or NCAA! It's all in jest!!

camdisco24
06-22-2010, 01:27 PM
To me that means he's probably making some good money. The NFL wants a piece of that!

BroncoWave
06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
I'd really love to be the lawyer for BroncoGator. To me, that really isn't similar enough for the NFL to claim it as their intellectual property. One big thing I would bring up is why isn't the NFL going after Boise St. and Western Michigan when their logos are more similar to the Broncos logo than this one is. I figure they'll settle but I think if they really fought it out, the NFL wouldn't win.

TXBRONC
06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
I'd really love to be the lawyer for BroncoGator. To me, that really isn't similar enough for the NFL to claim it as their intellectual property. One big thing I would bring up is why isn't the NFL going after Boise St. and Western Michigan when their logos are more similar to the Broncos logo than this one is. I figure they'll settle but I think if they really fought it out, the NFL wouldn't win.

I don't think so. Boise State's is not similar to Denver by long shot. Western Michigan is closer but it would be stretch to say that they are that similar.

Besides that I think BSU for sure had that particular logo longer than Denver has has it's current logo.

BroncoWave
06-22-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't think so. Boise State's is not similar to Denver by long shot. Western Michigan is closer but it would be stretch to say that they are that similar.

Besides that I think BSU for sure had that particular logo longer than Denver has has it's current logo.

Nope, BSU got that logo in 02, Western Michigan in 98, both after the Broncos got theirs.

I think both of those logos are more similar to the Broncos logo than the BroncoGator logo is though. Regardless, I don't think any of the 3 are close enough for the NFL to try to sue.

Here are pictures just for comparison's sake:

http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/Logos/boise_state_logo.jpg

http://www.macbattles.com/forum/images/stories/westernmichigan.jpg

http://broncogator.com/images/top-header.jpg

I think Boise St's is way more similar because it's the same colors, same team name, and the design is similar. It was clearly patterned after our logo.

BroncoWave
06-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Plus, I think his disclaimer on his site protects him pretty well and if he really does have a copyright like he says, I don't think the NFL will win. Since he claims it's parody, which is completely legal, I don't see the problem.

TXBRONC
06-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Plus, I think his disclaimer on his site protects him pretty well and if he really does have a copyright like he says, I don't think the NFL will win. Since he claims it's parody, which is completely legal, I don't see the problem.

Well apparently he didn't think it protected him will enough.

Also those logos are a lot different than the Denver's if you tried to take to court you would lose.

BroncoWave
06-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Well apparently he didn't think it protected him will enough.

Also those logos are a lot different than the Denver's if you tried to take to court you would lose.

Well once there's pending litigation he has to do what he did, doesn't matter how well he thought his disclaimer protected him.

As for the second part I agree, I'm just saying that I think the Boise St. logo is more similar than the BroncoGator logo, and that either one would lose in court IMO. Although the NFL will probably have much better lawyers than this BroncoGator guy, so that could be a problem.

GGMoogly
06-22-2010, 06:52 PM
As a CU alum, I'd like to see BroncoBuff gear! Well...then again, maybe not. :spit: