PDA

View Full Version : Quarterback Masoli Dismissed

Broncolingus
06-09-2010, 09:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5268741

EUGENE, Ore. -- Suspended Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli was kicked off the team Wednesday, two days after a police officer cited him for marijuana possession and driving infractions.

In a statement, the university said Masoli was dropped because he did not "adhere to obligations" outlined by coach Chip Kelly. The coach, through a spokesman, declined to comment.

A Springfield police officer cited Masoli late Monday on charges of possessing less than one ounce of marijuana, driving with a suspended license and failure to stop when entering a roadway, said Sgt. Tom Borchers of the Springfield Police Department.

Masoli can either pay a fine or contest the accusations at a June 24 court appearance, Borchers said.

Kelly suspended Masoli in March for the entire 2010 season after the QB pleaded guilty to burglary for his role in the theft of laptops and a guitar from a fraternity. Masoli remained on scholarship and practiced with the team this spring in hopes of returning for the 2011 season.

Masoli has one season of eligibility remaining.

Masoli threw for 2,147 yards and 15 touchdowns last season. He also rushed for 668 yards and 13 touchdowns in a season that ended with a Rose Bowl loss to Ohio State.

The San Francisco native finished his Oregon career with 1,386 rushing yards, the most ever by a Ducks quarterback.

I wonder what all the ***** supporters that were calling this scumbags critics have to say now...:tsk:

Good effin riddance...

sneakers
07-03-2010, 01:35 AM
I heard he is going to enter the NFL supplimental draft (I still have no idea what this is) in July.

Lonestar
07-03-2010, 04:03 AM
Quick folks we need to draft this kid cause he has mad skills.

Whoops I forgot we now have a coach that places class over POTENTIAL.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

topscribe
07-03-2010, 07:31 AM
I wonder what goes through the mind of a person who is so eager to throw his career to the wind . . .

-----

Skinny
07-03-2010, 08:19 AM
I heard he is going to enter the NFL supplimental draft (I still have no idea what this is) in July.He should transfer. With his track record there is a pretty good chance he does'nt get drafted, even through the supplemental. La. Tech is one rumored destination. There was a Miss. St. rumor going around but appearantly his mom squashed (http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2010/07/01/masoli-to-mississippi-state-not-so-fast-his-mom-says/) that yesterday. It's crazy, it's like a soap opera. The coverage of college athletics today is so thick you can slice it with a '76 Buick Electra. That's a pretty big car btw.

Lonestar
07-03-2010, 08:24 AM
I wonder what goes through the mind of a person who is so eager to throw his career to the wind . . .

-----

Cocaine or booze mostly.

Lonestar
07-03-2010, 08:30 AM
The coverage of college athletics today is so thick you can slice it with a '76 Buick Electra. That's a pretty big car btw.

Actually so big they put cruise ship fog horns on them.

I have. An old Roadmaster and love to get behind morons going 10-20 below the speedlimit and give it a TOOT. The morons junp about 6 inches out of their seats. If they were not wearing seat belts they would hit the roof.

Almost surprise it does not release the air bags.

When old blu goes the BATTERY and the horn get transfeered to my civic. The little battery in the Civic could not handle the wattage necessry for it.

Skinny
07-03-2010, 08:34 AM
I would love to have a horn like that. That would be the next best thing to having a tank.

atwater27
07-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Quick folks we need to draft this kid cause he has mad skills.

Are you on his payroll, because you make one hell of a secretary.

Lonestar
07-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Are you on his payroll, because you make one hell of a secretary.

If you mean Joshes no but someone needs ti watch his back here.

If you man the other kid he is just a moron flushing his career down the toilet.
Not sure he can be saved at this point.

Maybe he did it so he does not have to set out a season. Although not sure he still does not have to.

If he does not it is a brilliant move to get to play for another team with a frsh start.

Lonestar
07-03-2010, 08:57 AM
I would love to have a horn like that. That would be the next best thing to having a tank.

Well someone backed into the grill aboiut six monyhs ago and there is not a body panel that does not have a major ding in it.

Intimidating as hell espcially looking in the rear view mirror. After a toot they scdaddle out of the fast lane so fast it makes them almost dangerous.

It used to be my Father in-laws and when he died his wife put all the dings in it because it is such a boat.

Took it away from her after she got lost going to the PX for the 5-6th time. That plus her third fender bender going to the airport to pick someone up.

Figured it needed to go to the shop for repairs and while she askes about it from time ti time the dementia/ altheimers it is the last issue she needs.

Softskull
07-03-2010, 09:16 AM

You mean like Perrish Cox?

Lonestar
07-03-2010, 09:25 AM
You mean like Perrish Cox?

And what was his rap sheet vs. Draft spot.

You do not have to like the coach. But that was a weak shot at best.

Softskull
07-03-2010, 09:50 AM
And what was his rap sheet vs. Draft spot.

You do not have to like the coach. But that was a weak shot at best.

I love Perrish Cox's potential. And as a fifth rounder, he was a steal. But your normal drooling over the coach BS is wrong again. As far as class over potential, Perrish Cox doesn’t have much class, but has tons of potential. He's 23 years old, unmarried father of three, who bailed on his team before their biggest game of the year. When asked about the issue by all NFL teams, he was apologetic, but felt like he was being harassed. Yeah, classy. He was picked EXCLUSIVELY because of potential.

If Masoli goes supplemental, no teams will give up much for him either.

Lonestar
07-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I love Perrish Cox's potential. And as a fifth rounder, he was a steal. But your normal drooling over the coach BS is wrong again. As far as class over potential, Perrish Cox doesn’t have much class, but has tons of potential. He's 23 years old, unmarried father of three, who bailed on his team before their biggest game of the year. When asked about the issue by all NFL teams, he was apologetic, but felt like he was being harassed. Yeah, classy. He was picked EXCLUSIVELY because of potential.

If Masoli goes supplemental, no teams will give up much for him either.

Let's be honest here while I was normally high in Mikey and his draft classes when he first got here. I am doing no less for Josh.

Until such time as he gets to nikeys failure rate as a personnel guy I'm going to support him.

With that ONE exception of cox and frankly I was not aware of what he did since I do not have time to follow college FB.

If that was indeed the reason a 5th round choice for him is a steal for the potential.

Every thing I have read about the kid as a bronco is he is a huslter. As long as he keeps his nose clean not sure I'm going to whine about him.

Now if that is the only player you have to whine about Josh bringing in as a draft choice for character issues it is a petty at best compliant.

One would think he deserves a second chance to show the world they we're wrong.

Nomad
07-03-2010, 10:47 AM

-----

Yep! And I have no sympathy for them!

BRONCOS need to stay away from this guy, though a good player, too much baggage and liability!!

Softskull
07-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Let's be honest here while I was normally high in Mikey and his draft classes when he first got here. I am doing no less for Josh.

Until such time as he gets to nikeys failure rate as a personnel guy I'm going to support him.

With that ONE exception of cox and frankly I was not aware of what he did since I do not have time to follow college FB.

If that was indeed the reason a 5th round choice for him is a steal for the potential.

Every thing I have read about the kid as a bronco is he is a huslter. As long as he keeps his nose clean not sure I'm going to whine about him.

Now if that is the only player you have to whine about Josh bringing in as a draft choice for character issues it is a petty at best compliant.

One would think he deserves a second chance to show the world they we're wrong.

Generally, I agree with everything you've written here. And I'm not whining about Josh, I'm just pointing out that our new head coach takes chances on players that aren't as shiney as Tebow. I'm ok with that. Not everyone can be an alter boy, nor do they need to be in the NFL. But I'm not the one that keeps blathering on the "coach only picks team players" nonsense.

I really like the Cox pick and am glad he's a Bronco. I think it's ok to be immature when you're young. Most will outgrow it eventually. Cox was projected as a first round pick by many until he was suspended by the team.