PDA

View Full Version : Luc Bourdon dead

BOSSHOGG30
05-29-2008, 02:12 PM
The Fan 590 in Toronto is reporting that Luc Bourdon has died in a motorcycle accident in New Brunswick today.

Bourdon was 21-years-old. He was a first round selection and tenth overall choice in the 2005 Entry Draft. He played 27 games with the Canucks this season and was considered a top prospect. Our condolences go out to the Bourdon family.

Flatinum
05-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Sad day in hockey and for all true hockey fans.

BOSSHOGG30
05-29-2008, 02:19 PM
RIP Luc

God be with the family, friends, and fans close to Luc

Medford Bronco
05-29-2008, 02:55 PM
May he RIP. This sucks :sad:

underrated29
05-29-2008, 03:32 PM
whoa-

Sad, very sad.

Everyone says he was a top prospect. I dont recal seeing him play but i did see some of his numbers and they werent that great. i am not even sure if he was leading his team in goals.

Either way, its a shame that we wont be able to see him develop.

BOSSHOGG30
05-29-2008, 04:28 PM
whoa-

Sad, very sad.

Everyone says he was a top prospect. I dont recal seeing him play but i did see some of his numbers and they werent that great. i am not even sure if he was leading his team in goals.

Either way, its a shame that we wont be able to see him develop.

He was a defensman. His was a very good one too. He showed a lot of talent. He did have some problems with injuries that keep him out of games. He did show a lot of promise. From everything I read on him he was a good kid and very active and loved in the community. He will be greatly missed.

underrated29
05-29-2008, 04:57 PM
He was a defensman. His was a very good one too. He showed a lot of talent. He did have some problems with injuries that keep him out of games. He did show a lot of promise. From everything I read on him he was a good kid and very active and loved in the community. He will be greatly missed.

Well thats probably why he wasnt a leading scorer. I thought he was a forward. I really really want to get a motorcycle, but stories like these just keep holding me back. (money too.)

RIP buddy.

BroncoBJ
05-29-2008, 05:00 PM
I don't know who that is :(
But that is sad to see someone as young as him die.
RIP Luc :salute:

pnbronco
05-29-2008, 06:26 PM
This is so sad, esp with someone so very young. My condolences to his family and team mates. I must of met him when he came to Denver, I just don't remember right now.

BroncoFanatic
05-29-2008, 07:28 PM
It's a sad thing to see someone so young lose their life like this. My condolences to his family, on and off the ice

East Coast Fan
05-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Very sad news indeed. 21 years old; that just ain't right...

God must've needed a good defensive prospect...;)

Timmy!
05-30-2008, 06:23 AM
This sucks. May he be at peace.

EastCoastBronco
05-30-2008, 07:14 AM
It's pretty much the top story in the news around these parts today. Prelims say he ran his motorcycle into a tractor trailer.
Sad to see any kid that age get their ticket punched.

Medford Bronco
05-30-2008, 09:29 AM
My condolonces go out to his whole family.

This is a horrible tragedy. So much promise to go
up in smoke so quickly. :Cry:

Thnikkaman
05-30-2008, 11:46 AM
RIP.

I can't really add anymore to this thread than what has already been said. This sucks.

East Coast Fan
05-30-2008, 03:25 PM
It turns out that he was Penguins (demoted) defenseman Kris Letang's roomate in juniors and Letang is very broken up about it understandably. Apparently he bought the cycle only 3 days prior to his fatal accident. Sad, very sad.

pnbronco
05-30-2008, 08:05 PM
It turns out that he was Penguins (demoted) defenseman Kris Letang's roomate in juniors and Letang is very broken up about it understandably. Apparently he bought the cycle only 3 days prior to his fatal accident. Sad, very sad.

You know when something this tragic happens there really is never an answer. Hearing that he just got the cycle is tough, it brings up so many "what if's". I will keep his family in my prayers and I'm sure the Canuks will do all they can to be there for his family.