PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Injury Thread

BOSSHOGG30
05-29-2008, 01:09 PM
We have a lot of fragile players... I guess it comes with the game of football... though we might need a thread to keep up with all the injuries this year. Let's hope we don't have as many as we did last year this year.

To start things off................

Dre' Bly will miss the rest of Broncos passing camp with a pulled hamstring.

Bly suffered the injury on Tuesday, and is expected to return when team camp starts on Monday. "It didn't pop or anything, so it's nothing bad," Bly said.
Source: Denver Post

Lonestar
05-29-2008, 01:13 PM
lets not forget thenrys and his hamstring

Lonestar
05-29-2008, 01:14 PM
then there is Marshall and the McDonald's bag, TV and severed arteries and nerve damage..

underrated29
05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
scheffs foot.

yardog
05-29-2008, 01:34 PM
This could be a long thread. :tsk:

slim
05-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Not a good start this year. A bad, bad sign.

LRtagger
05-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Does Jay's Diabetus count :D

Lonestar
05-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Does Jay's Diabetus count :D

last years news.. should not be a factor this year.. IMO

Thnikkaman
05-29-2008, 02:09 PM
How about we don't worry about this thread being retroactive?

shank
05-30-2008, 02:51 PM
mustard out 8-10 weeks with torn hamstring.

why are all of our players' hamstrings so injury prone?!

BOSSHOGG30
05-30-2008, 02:55 PM
My approval rating with Rich Tuten and our Strength and Conditioning program isn't very good right now. Greg Saporta and Dwayne Chandler can be added to that list.

BOSSHOGG30
05-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Broncos FB/RB Mike Bell sat out Friday's voluntary workout with a pulled hamstring.

Seriously, another Broncos hamstring injury. Bell, who scored eight times in 2006, scored none last season. He's highly unlikely to make the team.

BOSSHOGG30
05-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Keary Colbert missed the last day of the Broncos' passing camp Friday with a hamstring pull.

Unless the injury lingers, this shouldn't matter much. Colbert is battling Darrell Jackson to start and was probably a slight underdog before the injury.

BOSSHOGG30
05-30-2008, 02:59 PM
mustard out 8-10 weeks with torn hamstring.

why are all of our players' hamstrings so injury prone?!

Improper stretching...not enough stretching

Oh and bye bye Mustard...he will get cut now.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Nooooooooo, that means Nate Jackson makes the team. NooasooaOO!O

pnbronco
05-30-2008, 03:06 PM
My approval rating with Rich Tuten and our Strength and Conditioning program isn't very good right now. Greg Saporta and Dwayne Chandler can be added to that list.

I can't believe this. How can you have that many pulled hamstrings this early? This could be a really long thread...

shank
05-30-2008, 03:19 PM
this is rigoddamndiculous

Sassy
05-30-2008, 06:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9428619

"The end of the Broncos' passing camp left some strain on leg muscles.

In the case of backup tight end Chad Mustard, the strain extended into a tear. Mustard will be out eight to 10 weeks following surgery to repair a torn hamstring.

The Broncos had several other players miss the final day of passing camp today with pulled hamstrings, including receiver Keary Colbert, fullback-tailback Mike Bell and rookie fullback-linebacker Spencer Larsen.

They joined tight end Tony Scheffler (foot), running back Travis Henry (hamstring), cornerback Dre' Bly (hamstring) and defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson (wrist, knee) as players who missed the end of passing camp. No. 3 receiver Brandon Stokley also missed the workout Friday for personal reasons.

With the exception of Mustard and Scheffler, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan expects all those players back on the practice field Monday for the start of the two-week team camp."

Watchthemiddle
05-30-2008, 07:12 PM
I would be willing to bet that we are not alone and there are many teams throughout the NFL experiencing a lot of players with strained hammy's.

All of these players have been working out in the offseason, but not pushing it like they have in these camps. Its a given every year. Better now, then come late July.

Hoshdude7
05-30-2008, 10:34 PM
mike shannahan will sprain his ankle, and this will be the reason we won't make the playoffs.

Traveler
05-31-2008, 07:00 AM
I really do think the team should have someone from outside the organization take a look at Tuten's training regimen.

BOSSHOGG30
06-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Add Tom Nalen to this list

Lonestar
06-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Add Tom Nalen to this list

so what has happened to do this?

shank
06-06-2008, 03:57 PM
so what has happened to do this?

he's having knee surgery, but is only expected to be out 2-3 weeks.

BOSSHOGG30
06-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Broncos fourth-round rookie C Kory Lichtensteiger is still recovering from surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.

On the heels of starting center Tom Nalen's arthroscopic surgery, coach Mike Shanahan indicated that Lichtensteiger will not practice until July camp. Veteran Casey Wiegmann is holding down the fort for now.
Source: Boulder Daily Camera

claymore
06-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Broncos fourth-round rookie C Kory Lichtensteiger is still recovering from surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.

On the heels of starting center Tom Nalen's arthroscopic surgery, coach Mike Shanahan indicated that Lichtensteiger will not practice until July camp. Veteran Casey Wiegmann is holding down the fort for now.
Source: Boulder Daily CameraIm not a football genius but I would think Moving Hamilton to center and letting harris get some reps at guard would be a better fit imo. But Harris is probably injured to.

Ziggy
06-08-2008, 11:26 AM
This is the reason they signed Weigmann. He can back up both C and G. Wiegmann has been durable and reliable in his career. Let him and Nalen hold down the fort at C this year while Lichtensteiger recovers and learns the Broncos system. Next year he can take over the middle.

DenBronx
06-08-2008, 12:51 PM
i hate when this thread gets bumped. :tsk: i mean thank you boss for all the info but i hate seeing new injuries each week. this team never seems to stay healthy, even in the offseason.