PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Stokleys Father Passes

Spiritguy
06-06-2010, 12:26 PM
For anyone who doesn't know, Brandon Stokley's father, Nelson Stokley, passed away Saturday morning. RIP Nelson, Prayers for Brandon and his family

BREAKING NEWS: Former UL football coach Nelson Stokley passes away

Former UL football coach and athletic director Nelson Stokley passed away Saturday morning following a lengthy battle with Alzheimer's Disease.

link (http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20100605/SPORTS/100605009)

Italianmobstr7
06-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Prayers go out to Brandon and his family.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2010, 03:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5257431

LAFAYETTE, La. -- Louisiana-Lafayette's former football coach and athletic director Nelson Stokley has died from complications brought on by Alzheimer's disease.

University officials confirmed that Stokley died Saturday at the age of 66.

Stokley, a native of Kennedy, Texas, led the Ragin' Cajuns for 13 seasons -- from 1986-98 -- and ranks second on the school's all-time coaching victories list. He also served as athletic director from 1988 until 1992.

Among the players he guided to success in the NFL are his son, Brandon Stokley, a wide receiver with the Denver Broncos, and quarterback Jake Delhomme, who led the Carolina Panthers to the Super Bowl after the 2003 season and will play his first season with the Cleveland Browns this fall.

Funeral services are pending.

My prayers also to Brandon and his family.

broncophan
06-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Wow......66 years old seems kind of young to die from complications of Alzheimer's disease.........Prayers to the family......

GEM
06-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the Stokely family.

LordTrychon
06-06-2010, 04:11 PM
RIP Mr. Stokely. :salute:

girler
06-06-2010, 04:55 PM
My condolences to the Stokely family and friends. :(

Dirk
06-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Wow. That is way too young!!

Loosing my father a couple years ago I know how tough it is. I pray Stokes and his family get through the mourning phase as painless as possible.

Spiritguy
06-07-2010, 11:30 AM
I remember going through the Alzheimer's thing with my grandmother when I was a kid. (wayyyyy back in the 70's heheheh) She wasn't "present" for around 10 years. Then on a thanksgiving my mom, sis and I went to visit her and she was "fully there". We spent a few hours with her and she drifted off to sleep. Got a call the next day that she had passed.

It's possible that they knew it was "a matter of time" so to speak and the shock wasn't as great. it's always the sudden departure that hurts the most.

Either way Alzheimer's sucks!

Lonestar
06-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Well he is probably in a better place, since NO ONE knows how it is where they were before death.

That is the issue what is going on in their minds are they being mentally tortured by not remembering what they did this morning.

I hope someday soon that they figure out what causes this insidous disease as it is robbing relatives of a precious resource their parents and other elders.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Brandon as he is pure class. I suspect he will be dedicating this season to Dad.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Superchop 7
06-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Sad news,

My best wishes go out to Brandon and the family.

RIP

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
06-07-2010, 01:55 PM
66 Is still too young. :(