PDA

View Full Version : Moreno = Stud

honz
06-06-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_15236372?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Wesley Woodyard shared a little secret regarding Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno.

NFL practices are often kept secret from the public. Teams don't sell tickets. The media usually aren't allowed to observe.

But practice is often where a player makes his move toward a roster spot, toward a depth-chart promotion, toward improvement. There is even speculation the move toward greatness starts with practice.

As someone who is in on the Broncos' secret practices, Woodyard, a third-year linebacker and special- teams leader, sent along a privileged anecdote that suggests Moreno will be a much-improved running back in 2010.

"I will say this is the first time he's beaten me several times in one-on-one tackle drills," Woodyard said. "I think he's more comfortable with himself. He's playing faster. It's a big difference with him."

There is perhaps no greater backhanded compliment than to offer how one has improved. Moreno wasn't bad as a rookie last year, rushing for 947 yards, catching 28 passes and scoring nine touchdowns.

But Moreno also fell short of the lofty expectations that accompany a No. 12 overall draft pick. He averaged only 3.8 yards per carry, including a get-the-punt-team-ready 2.7 rush average during the team's season-ending, four-game losing streak.

And so as Moreno prepares for his second NFL season, there is room for improvement.

"I'm definitely more comfortable," he said. "Last year, everything was moving so fast. You had to stay on top of that, remember this, do this. Now it all comes back to you. You just get into a flow, and you can start to flow now instead of thinking."

Think body parts of a running back and there are thoughts of churning legs, fancy feet, shifty hips, maybe powerful shoulders. But running backs also have brains, sometimes to their detriment.

There is part of the brain that thinks about coaches' instruction and remembering the playbook.

"I felt that a little bit last year," Moreno said. "I was just trying to make sure I was right."

There is another part of the brain that can absorb an assignment without thinking about it. Freed of thought, instincts send signals to a running back's feet, legs and hips.

Run, Knowshon, run.

Maybe that's why running backs such as Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton also averaged less than 4.0 yards per carry as rookies, only to finish as the top two running backs in NFL history.

"This year I feel like I'm out there letting it all out," Moreno said. "I'm loose."

And it shows, if only to those let in on the secret of practice. Soon enough, all will see what Moreno feels, and what his coaches and teammates can see. The Broncos begin their preseason schedule Aug. 15 at Cincinnati and their regular season Sept. 12 at Jacksonville.

"He's doing a really nice job of carrying out his assignments in every aspect of his game," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said.

"He's been impressive in terms of his pass protection, which as a rookie he could do it, but it wasn't always consistent. Now it's been pretty consistent.

"He gets open and he catches the ball in the passing game on a regular basis, daily, and should be an impact player in the passing game for us. He's in his second year, and he knows more what to do. We're expecting a good year from him in a lot of different ways."

Besides eliminating arresting thought, Moreno has improved physically.

He has added two pounds, all seemingly in shoulder muscle, from his 210-pound playing weight of last season. And remember, he suffered a knee injury on his second preseason carry last year and wasn't 100 percent recovered until close to midseason.

He'll also be running behind a larger offensive line. Currently, 14 of the 15 offensive linemen on the Broncos' roster weigh at least 300 pounds. Better for a Moreno mash of a 1-yard on third-and-inches.

"It's definitely a big emphasis," Moreno said. "You've got to keep that drive going. You can't go back to the sideline after third-and-inches."

Better, perhaps, for Moreno to run free at the beginning of his run, so he can record a few more runs of 20-plus yards.

"It is a little beefy up there," Moreno said. "But they're moving too. It's not like it's beefy and sluggish to their spot. Those big boys are moving."

Removed is the hefty hype Moreno lugged into last season as a highly touted rookie. It's just football this year. Healthy, uninhibited, free-wheeling, running-free football.

"I haven't noticed him getting yelled at by any of the coaches, telling him he needs to run this route or whatever," Woodyard said. "He's out there telling other people what to do, so that's always a positive sign."

Some secrets are better off told.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

broncobryce
06-06-2010, 11:37 AM
I really believe he will have a breakout year. 12 TD's at least. 1300 yards.

UnderArmour
06-06-2010, 11:54 AM
20 TDs 2000 yards at least. Championship. :beer:

broncobryce
06-06-2010, 11:57 AM
I smell sarcasm.

Slick
06-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Show me on Sundays Knowshon.

Shazam!
06-06-2010, 12:54 PM
If Know is improved, it will be a drastic improvement offensively if the OL is upgraded.

camdisco24
06-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I think he'll be pretty dang good behind a better O-line.
I have high hopes for him this season

atwater27
06-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Good god i hate the offseason.

nevcraw
06-06-2010, 01:50 PM
in other news Thunder just pooped in his stall.

DenBronx
06-06-2010, 02:38 PM
I would like to see his average per carry go up. 2.7 yards per carry down the stretch killed up. If our new improved OLine does it's job then Morenos production will climb espescially in the YPC.

Lonestar
06-06-2010, 03:08 PM
I suspect that he will do better this year. that rookie year things go awfully fast for them they are not used to the speed of the game and they are learning everything new.

His reaction time is cut way down when they have to think before they do something instead of it being automatic.

Coupled with not running into the rookie wall this year as his body will be acclimatized so to speak with the altitude and length of the season.

I look forward to a better season from him especially behind a better PBS unit.

silkamilkamonico
06-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I think he's a system player, that will make plays based on what the oline gives him, rather than creating plays with his unique skillset, which IMO he just doesn't have.

DenBronx
06-06-2010, 03:40 PM
I think he's a system player, that will make plays based on what the oline gives him, rather than creating plays with his unique skillset, which IMO he just doesn't have.

He created his own plays in college. I'd like to see him make a play when nothing is there here in the NFL too. Maybe he just didn't feel he had the freedom to use his physical talents as a rookie. I think with the right play calling he could be very good RB for us.

We have so many question marks in almost every position on our team now. This could get real ugly...

elsid13
06-06-2010, 04:03 PM
He created his own plays in college. I'd like to see him make a play when nothing is there here in the NFL too. Maybe he just didn't feel he had the freedom to use his physical talents as a rookie. I think with the right play calling he could be very good RB for us.

We have so many question marks in almost every position on our team now. This could get real ugly...

Even at UGA he was at his best at following his blocking then making a move. That doesn't happen as easily in the NFL, when many a time a RB needs to make that one defender miss in the hole to be successful.

silkamilkamonico
06-06-2010, 04:08 PM

Every NFL RB created their own plays in college. I think he's more of a bruising shifty type RB built in a small speedy RB's body, but unfortunately he doesn't have the speed or the elusiveness.

honz
06-06-2010, 04:09 PM

Tell me he doesn't make something out of nothing on a lot of these plays. He needs to do it more consistently for sure, but he has the ability.

92owAaBGf_A

BroncoWave
06-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Tell me he doesn't make something out of nothing on a lot of these plays. He needs to do it more consistently for sure, but he has the ability.

Nah, it's easier just to be ignorant and say he sucks because he didn't make the pro bowl as a rookie. Don't you know, it's absolutely impossible to improve from how you play as a rookie!

milehigh
06-06-2010, 04:24 PM
He would be preparing for his senior season at Georgia if he would of stayed in school. You lose credibility if you honestly think he won't improve.

Bosco
06-06-2010, 04:55 PM

Moreno had the best skillset of any running back coming out in 2009, which is why he was picked so high.

atwater27
06-06-2010, 05:09 PM

92owAaBGf_A

He is tough and quick. With experience, he will be a complete back, and hopefully the cornerstone of our offense for years.

SoCalImport
06-06-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm not worried about Moreno. He'll be fine. (by fine I mean a stud)

tomjonesrocks
06-06-2010, 07:34 PM

92owAaBGf_A

Even in the highlights he looks slow to me.

I really don't think he is or ever will become anything special--really he's looking like a TERRIBLE first round pick for the team considering the glaring needs at the time. I think he's a career 900-yards-a-year guy. With a more dynamic back on the roster he could be a nice change-of-pace guy in a committee. That's truly the highest upside I see for him.

There have been a lot of these articles saying how "great" he's looked so far in the offseason--but he was running at full speed mid-season last year. Moreno doesn't have a breakaway gear and is too small to be a pounder either. Despite the fact that he was hailed as an OUTSTANDING blocker he got smoked on countless occasions last year. I just fail to see much upside here.

There's usually something that really jumps out at you with the truly great backs--speed, power, or vision. I don't see anything that jumps out at me with Moreno. He's looking as average-as-you-can get so far.

Truly hope I'm wrong -- and will gladly eat my words if I am. :coffee:

atwater27
06-06-2010, 08:20 PM
He is not slow. How can you even say that after watching how quickly he moves??? I admit he lacks a 4th and 5th gear, but gets to 3rd in the blink of an eye. Reminds me of Warrick Dunn.

Lonestar
06-06-2010, 08:35 PM
He is tough and quick. With experience, he will be a complete back, and hopefully the cornerstone of our offense for years.

Unless there is something we do NOT know about him I think your spot on with this.

Having a OL that can actually do its job and the game EXP he now has should get him a several hunderd extra yard this year with most likely a few less carries.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lonestar
06-06-2010, 10:01 PM

I really don't think he is or ever will become anything special--really he's looking like a TERRIBLE first round pick for the team considering the glaring needs at the time. I think he's a career 900-yards-a-year guy. With a more dynamic back on the roster he could be a nice change-of-pace guy in a committee. That's truly the highest upside I see for him.

There have been a lot of these articles saying how "great" he's looked so far in the offseason--but he was running at full speed mid-season last year. Moreno doesn't have a breakaway gear and is too small to be a pounder either. Despite the fact that he was hailed as an OUTSTANDING blocker he got smoked on countless occasions last year. I just fail to see much upside here.

There's usually something that really jumps out at you with the truly great backs--speed, power, or vision. I don't see anything that jumps out at me with Moreno. He's looking as average-as-you-can get so far.

Guess then TD was uber slow. as he had zero passing gear. Bur seemed to out run a lot of players.

I'm will to let him have another year before calling him a bust like you seemed to do.

Bosco
06-06-2010, 11:38 PM

Wow, that is horribly wrong in so many different ways.

Dirk
06-07-2010, 05:40 AM
Guess then TD was uber slow. as he had zero passing gear. Bur seemed to out run a lot of players.

I'm will to let him have another year before calling him a bust like you seemed to do.

I totally agree. TD was always knocked because of his speed. But once he got moving he could move. It just takes having a bunch of 200lb CBs chasing you to get you moving! :lol:

broncofaninfla
06-07-2010, 07:58 AM
I liked Moreno in college but didn't see much to get excited about in 09. Reminds me of Peter Warrick in terms of the hype not matching the skill level. With that being said the plans are for him to be the show case running back he was drafted to be so I'm hoping I eat a healthy does of crow this season.

T.K.O.
06-07-2010, 09:39 AM
i tore a ligament in my right foot about 3 weeks ago and i can tell you besides the fact that my right foot hurts like hell,my left leg has been sore and feels like rubber from using it to compensate .
i'm far from pro athlete condition,but it is painfully obvious that he was likely twice as worn down at the end of the season from dealing with injury as well as being a rookie.
not making excuses just stating the facts.
we will see a smarter ,stronger and more confident runner on the field this year.and his name is "knowshon":salute:

Lonestar
06-07-2010, 10:00 AM
That is the key being healthy, not "thinking" just instictive with his moves and running.

While I have always liked my RBs to be atleast 220 just to handle the wear and tear of the long NFL season, I think this kid can have a better year behind a OL that has the size and smarts to run the PBS. Maybe mentality is a better term last years guys wher flat mismatched trying to block one on one. For that matter have been for along time.

I like that Josh has seen the RED zone, short yardage issues and has taken steps to fix that.

arapaho2
06-07-2010, 10:37 AM
when it flat out comes down to rushing the ball...i dont get the " thinking to much...unsure.... to me those are signs of someone unsure of his skill set

whats so fn hard about ... make a basket, hold on to the ball...and run through the hole ..there should be no thinking..as long as you know whether the play is inside, off tackle or stretch....take the ball, use the ability that got you drafted in the first round to get some yards

whats to think of...uhh should i run right into that linebacker or should i go through the hole?

blocking for sure, i can see the struggle and hopefull improvment

for me moreno is gonna make or break this team...its gonna be on him, without a legit #1 wr, despite those blind enought to think gaff is:lol:...the balls in his court. if moreno can establish himself as a top back, someone defenses need to plan for and be concerned over...if he can get the run game going week in and out...then that opens up the passing game ...and those guys need all the help they can get

if he cant.....then our offense is in for a world of shit

are you ready knowshon?....cause we need you to step up big

TimTebow15MVP
06-07-2010, 10:49 AM

What are you taling about?Moreno made plays all by himself for the most part last year. when your getting the ball with 2 guys up the middle in ur face 3 yards intothe back field just getting 2 yards is awesome. our OL opened up little holes last year, then factor in him not playing off instincts and thinking as a rookie and thats what you get. Better OL and more comfortable in the offense will bring nothing but success this year for moreno.

underrated29
06-07-2010, 10:52 AM

And you will eat your words. I will happily supply them to you. He is a stud and I am sorry that you do not have the best eye in grading talent. But I know you will enjoy watching him as much as everyone else that is a broncos fan this year...

PS- can we all please stop with the negative nacy but "i hope Im wrong" crap.

I think moreno sucks, but I hope I am wrong
I think Orton sucks this year but I hope I am wrong
I think the OL his big problems but I hope I am wrong
I think we only win 4 games but I hope I am wrong
I think nut only bags dogs, but I hope I am wrong

We all know that you are a bronco fan and want them to do well.

TimTebow15MVP
06-07-2010, 10:52 AM
when it flat out comes down to rushing the ball...i dont get the " thinking to much...unsure.... to me those are signs of someone unsure of his skill set

whats so fn hard about ... make a basket, hold on to the ball...and run through the hole ..there should be no thinking..as long as you know whether the play is inside, off tackle or stretch....take the ball, use the ability that got you drafted in the first round to get some yards

whats to think of...uhh should i run right into that linebacker or should i go through the hole?

for me moreno is gonna make or break this team...its gonna be on him, without a legit #1 wr, despite those blind enought to think gaff is:lol:...the balls in his court. if moreno can establish himself as a top back, someone defenses need to plan for and be concerned over...if he can get the run game going week in and out...then that opens up the passing game ...and those guys need all the help they can get

Yeah you make it sound so simple..... Its too bad theres more to to playing RB than just running the ball, theres also something called assignments, and a playbook. Sitting back there when the play is called thinking damn is this play the one i think there calling before it happens is thinking instead of flowing.

TimTebow15MVP
06-07-2010, 10:54 AM
And you will eat your words. I will happily supply them to you. He is a stud and I am sorry that you do not have the best eye in grading talent. But I know you will enjoy watching him as much as everyone else that is a broncos fan this year...

PS- can we all please stop with the negative nacy but "i hope Im wrong" crap.

I think moreno sucks, but I hope I am wrong
I think Orton sucks this year but I hope I am wrong
I think the OL his big problems but I hope I am wrong
I think we only win 4 games but I hope I am wrong
I think nut only bags dogs, but I hope I am wrong

We all know that you are a bronco fan and want them to do well.

Thats the new way of hating, You say all these negative things but you say "i hope im wrong" so when and if a players breaks on the scene u wont have to eat as much crow.

Elevation inc
06-07-2010, 12:35 PM

yeah your right whats so hard about it even you should be able to do it if all you gotta do is hold the ball and run through the hole right:D

just kidding dont take offense....:beer:

arapaho2
06-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah you make it sound so simple..... Its too bad theres more to to playing RB than just running the ball, theres also something called assignments, and a playbook. Sitting back there when the play is called thinking damn is this play the one i think there calling before it happens is thinking instead of flowing.

thats why i said...when it comes down to simply running the ball

reading is fundemental

arapaho2
06-07-2010, 12:58 PM
yeah your right whats so hard about it even you should be able to do it if all you gotta do is hold the ball and run through the hole right:D

just kidding dont take offense....:beer:

no offense...if you dont take offense to the fact we see countless rookies rb come in and make a huge impact...i expected the #12 overall pick to come in and make a differance...he really didnt

im saying if you have the physical talent...whether you know the total offense or not..when the qb hands you the ball you let your talent run the ball...and in that i didnt see much that left me saying "wow this guy is a stud"

portis came here with the shadow of TD..and with a incumbant in anderson that showed some great stuff his rookie season....he had a fumbling problem..was knocked as a blocking weakness and had troubles with the playbook

what he did was let his natual talent take over...you think he grapsed the complext run first shannahan offense any more than moreno got mcds?..no

but as a rookie he ran for 1508 yards, 5.5 ave...15 tds...you knew without a doubt you had a star

didnt see that from moreno

moreno in my opinion is the key this season...he must step up and take over marshalls spot as the teams biggest offensive weapon

im not saying he cant...im saying he must

Dirk
06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Portis had the privilege of Denver's zone blocking scheme when it was close to it's best. :rolleyes:

underrated29
06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Portis had the privilege of Denver's zone blocking scheme when it was close to it's best. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Those two are not comparible in any fashion except they are both RB and both had a bronco on their logo. The teams, the schemes, the coaches, the players, everything is waaaaaaaaayyyyyy different.

Its like comparing how high a frog and a snake can jump.

Tempus Fugit
06-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Moreno didn't impress me at all, and I don't expect that to change. On the other hand, the offense doesn't need an elite running back, and it doesn't even really need an impressive running back. It needs a running back who can achieve high conversion numbers. If Moreno can get to that point, he'll have been worth the pick. If he can't, McDaniels will regret going RB so early.

Lonestar
06-07-2010, 02:46 PM

I could be wrong on this BUT I think Gibbs was still in charge of the OL at that point and we still ha some horses up front except Zim who retired after getting a Ring.

Poortis was/is a lousy example as at that point there were still few teams worried about the ZBS. So few IF any besides DEN used it why get worried about it in regular season. Knowing that for the most part it sucked inside the twenties.

Some are grasping at straws to defend a weak position.
Good post.

Lonestar
06-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Moreno didn't impress me at all, and I don't expect that to change. On the other hand, the offense doesn't need an elite running back, and it doesn't even really need an impressive running back. It needs a running back who can achieve high conversion numbers. If Moreno can get to that point, he'll have been worth the pick. If he can't, McDaniels will regret going RB so early.

While you are correct in not needing one for the O to works having one last year since everthing was new to everyone would have helped take so pressure off.

Having failuers on the vaunted OL in injuries and incompentence did not help matters in any way.

I believe that Jish is looking for a Kevin Faulk type that can do it all but not CARRY the team.

WARHORSE
06-07-2010, 03:35 PM
One thing about knowshon......he has power.

He didnt play with vision this year, but I know he has vision because hes put it on display in college.

Part of being able to bring that to bear is not having to think about things so much.

I think McDaniels offense is a complicated one, so we all know his head was spinning.

While that doesnt mean he will become an elite back, he definitely has the ability.

He has shift, hes explosive, he has really good hands, and he wants to hurt someone blocking.

I LOVE his skillset, and once the game slows down for him I believe he will do better.

If he doesnt become more of a factor this year, it will be a great disappointment.

He also needs to keep people off hitting his legs, or his career will be a short one.

Tempus Fugit
06-07-2010, 04:16 PM
While you are correct in not needing one for the O to works having one last year since everthing was new to everyone would have helped take so pressure off.

Having failuers on the vaunted OL in injuries and incompentence did not help matters in any way.

I believe that Jish is looking for a Kevin Faulk type that can do it all but not CARRY the team.

Kevin Faulk is a small guy who doesn't generally run except out of the shotgun, works 3rd downs receiving and running draws, and blocks tremendously for his size. That's the Arrington role. Moreno/Buckhalter/fill-in-the-blank will be playing the role of Maroney/Taylor/Morris. Their job is to make 4+ yards on 1st down, 3+ yards on second down, and convert 3rd and short when the team doesn't go with passing formations and the 3rd down back. It's really all about consistency.

I expect that what they are going to be looking for is something similar to what the Patriots got out of Maroney in 2007. Take a look at his success percentage via Football Outsiders if you want to see what I mean, because I think that's what McDaniels will be looking for out of Moreno.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb2007

Lonestar
06-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Kevin Faulk is a small guy who doesn't generally run except out of the shotgun, works 3rd downs receiving and running draws, and blocks tremendously for his size. That's the Arrington role. Moreno/Buckhalter/fill-in-the-blank will be playing the role of Maroney/Taylor/Morris. Their job is to make 4+ yards on 1st down, 3+ yards on second down, and convert 3rd and short when the team doesn't go with passing formations and the 3rd down back. It's really all about consistency.

I expect that what they are going to be looking for is something similar to what the Patriots got out of Maroney in 2007. Take a look at his success percentage via Football Outsiders if you want to see what I mean, because I think that's what McDaniels will be looking for out of Moreno.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb2007

thanks for the stats.

He is really only short and pound per pound plays like a 225 pounder from what I have seen of him.

Always thought that Hillis was our fault surprised me he was not used that way.

Day1BroncoFan
06-07-2010, 04:36 PM
I think Moreno could be great this year and I hope I'm right. :D

Elevation inc
06-08-2010, 12:34 AM
no offense...if you dont take offense to the fact we see countless rookies rb come in and make a huge impact...i expected the #12 overall pick to come in and make a differance...he really didnt

im saying if you have the physical talent...whether you know the total offense or not..when the qb hands you the ball you let your talent run the ball...and in that i didnt see much that left me saying "wow this guy is a stud"

portis came here with the shadow of TD..and with a incumbant in anderson that showed some great stuff his rookie season....he had a fumbling problem..was knocked as a blocking weakness and had troubles with the playbook

what he did was let his natual talent take over...you think he grapsed the complext run first shannahan offense any more than moreno got mcds?..no

but as a rookie he ran for 1508 yards, 5.5 ave...15 tds...you knew without a doubt you had a star

didnt see that from moreno

moreno in my opinion is the key this season...he must step up and take over marshalls spot as the teams biggest offensive weapon

im not saying he cant...im saying he must

i dont take offense cause i disagree some for every rookie back that does have a good first year there are another 7-8 in the first 3 rds that take a few years to become stars.....some take longer than others its not unexpected....do we need bigger things from moreno to get somewhere....absolutely....will we see it this year, the early signs are good....but as someone else said knowshon show us on sundays....

i have no problem with people talking about players needing to have better years, my problem is with knocking rookies who while had some struggles still played there asses off for us....the guys is the best runner we have had in denver in some years his stats as a rookie prove it......i mean i will call selvin young and andre hall back if you want.....lol

we all want knowshon to do better things but he was a hurt rookie last year and still had more TD's by a RB in denver since portis......thats a good promising start.....many players on this team need to improve if we want a SB, but knocking a rookie in year 1 becasue he didnt run for 1500 yds is just lame......

Northman
06-08-2010, 12:42 AM
I just want him to hold onto the ball. Everything else is irrelevant to me.

arapaho2
06-09-2010, 11:03 AM
i dont take offense cause i disagree some for every rookie back that does have a good first year there are another 7-8 in the first 3 rds that take a few years to become stars.....some take longer than others its not unexpected....do we need bigger things from moreno to get somewhere....absolutely....will we see it this year, the early signs are good....but as someone else said knowshon show us on sundays....

i have no problem with people talking about players needing to have better years, my problem is with knocking rookies who while had some struggles still played there asses off for us....the guys is the best runner we have had in denver in some years his stats as a rookie prove it......i mean i will call selvin young and andre hall back if you want.....lol

we all want knowshon to do better things but he was a hurt rookie last year and still had more TD's by a RB in denver since portis......thats a good promising start.....many players on this team need to improve if we want a SB, but knocking a rookie in year 1 becasue he didnt run for 1500 yds is just lame......

never knocked him did i....i said he never showed me that ...wow...so this is why we got him....that..shit the dudes gonna be a beast....factor

i seen a slower type back that couldnt see the holes and never cracked a 100 in a single game and had a miserable 3.8 average

NOT....what you expect from a 1ST round rb whos the primary rb of the denver broncos

all im saying is...when TD started...we seen that star in him...when LT started...we all seen that star...

i just didnt see anything that wow'ed me

i know the guys got the talent...lets hope he puts it together

as i said before... without marshall ...i believe the offense is riding on morenos shoulders now...our offensive success relies on how moreno does

underrated29
06-09-2010, 11:59 AM
i seen a slower type back that couldnt see the holes and never cracked a 100 in a single game and had a miserable 3.8 average

NOT....what you expect from a 1ST round rb whos the primary rb of the denver broncos
s

I seen a RB that came just short of 1k yards rushing. And a RB who had 9 tds--10 if the refs got the call right against San diego.

I SAW our RB score more TDs than anyone except Kyle orton and Brandon Marshall.

I saw a RB in his rookie year go for 1100+ all around yards and 9 tds!!

That is exactly what I expect to see from a #1 RB in his rookie year

Seriously, what does it take for him to be good in your eyes. A higher YPC?? Who gives a F. 1500+ yards? Get real.

Our system will not be the system that has any back go over 1500 yards. We pass it too much. But when a rook steps in right away against great defenses on an average team and puts up almost 1200 total yards and 9/10 tds I think that warrants a pretty successful year esp. for a rookie.

arapaho2
06-09-2010, 12:20 PM
I seen a RB that came just short of 1k yards rushing. And a RB who had 9 tds--10 if the refs got the call right against San diego.

I SAW our RB score more TDs than anyone except Kyle orton and Brandon Marshall.

I saw a RB in his rookie year go for 1100+ all around yards and 9 tds!!

That is exactly what I expect to see from a #1 RB in his rookie year

Seriously, what does it take for him to be good in your eyes. A higher YPC?? Who gives a F. 1500+ yards? Get real.

Our system will not be the system that has any back go over 1500 yards. We pass it too much. But when a rook steps in right away against great defenses on an average team and puts up almost 1200 total yards and 9/10 tds I think that warrants a pretty successful year esp. for a rookie.

never said he wasnt good did i?...

but since you asked...is it to much to get a dominating game from him as a rookie as a sign of his potential?

look at other years rookies
criss johnson...1228 yards...4 100+ games includeing a 168yard
steve slaton..1282..........5 100+ yards games
forte........1234........3 100+

selvin young had 729 yards on 149 carries as a rookie...218 less yards on 107 less carries....is he still playing?

im not knocking moreno..i have alot of hope for the broncos team that he is a terriffic rb....i just didnt see alot that he showed as a rook

if you cant handle that..oh well

Elevation inc
06-09-2010, 01:18 PM
never said he wasnt good did i?...

but since you asked...is it to much to get a dominating game from him as a rookie as a sign of his potential?

look at other years rookies
criss johnson...1228 yards...4 100+ games includeing a 168yard
steve slaton..1282..........5 100+ yards games
forte........1234........3 100+

selvin young had 729 yards on 149 carries as a rookie...218 less yards on 107 less carries....is he still playing?

im not knocking moreno..i have alot of hope for the broncos team that he is a terriffic rb....i just didnt see alot that he showed as a rook

if you cant handle that..oh well

steve slaton was benched most of last year for piss poor play and fumbling problems as a soph, forte avg lesst than 2.5 YPC most of his games, and selvin had 2 TD's his whole first year...horrible examples....

Chris johnson is really the only dominating rookie who follwed it up wit ha great sophmore year.....i would rather start with 900 yds and build on that then 1500 a rokkie year only to have the rook choke his sophmore year and rush for only 500...

3 year window should determine a backs effectiveness and chance at greatness, people are blind to moreno because he didnt have a dominating game???? how many games did it take for marshall to crack 100yds.....things take time.....shit cedric benson took 4 years for christ sakes

for every chris johnson there are a bunch that take 2 plus years...denagelo williams is one of the top backs in the game....go watch his first 2 years i guarentee you wont see anything to make you think he wouldamount to anything.....

Elevation inc
06-09-2010, 01:23 PM
i have no problem with people being dissapointed and admant at how bad ayers and smith played...but lumping moreno in that fold is just asinine and foolhardy.....

As a rookie smith played like crap, moreno didnt even come close to playing as bad as smith or ayers....

are top 3 rookies last year were moreno, mcbath and bruton....all 3 should be given le way as they all contributed to the team in big ways last year.....every player on this team needs to improve from brian dawkins and champ bailey to alphonso smith, bucky, and ayers......holding just moreno accountable becasue he didnt get 1500 yds is simply dumbfounding.....

i really think many of you need a histroy lesson on 1st rd RB's....and the time it takes for success......

honz
06-09-2010, 01:24 PM

What does it take? To play for someone else besides McDaniels.