PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign Kuper

broncophan
06-04-2010, 07:25 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/DenverBroncos?v=wall&story_fbid=132790360069165

Broncos signed Kuper to a 6 year deal.......it's on facebook.....so it must be true.

GGMoogly
06-04-2010, 07:32 PM
As Kuper goes, so go the Broncos.:coffee:

UnderArmour
06-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Wow. Can't believe a guy like this was still available on the market. Glad we got him before some other team swooped in and grabbed him. (Also, Rotoworld confirmed it)

broncohead
06-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Nice!

HORSEPOWER 56
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Yep, it's official.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Wow. Can't believe a guy like this was still available on the market. Glad we got him before some other team swooped in and grabbed him. (Also, Rotoworld confirmed it)

He wasn't on the market, it was just an extension.

dogfish
06-04-2010, 08:07 PM
hell yea, love hearing this. . . that's my boy!

it's great to see one of our young vets actually get rewarded, and better to have a quality talent entering his prime locked up. . . now take care of dumervil. . . .

SoCalImport
06-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Great to hear that the neckless wonder will remain a Bronco for a long time :)

Lonestar
06-04-2010, 08:13 PM
So what was the deal besides 6 years.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 08:18 PM

I assume he gets money as well. :D

dogfish
06-04-2010, 08:28 PM

29 million, 15 guaranteed. . .

nice chunk of money for him, but IMO we signed him way cheap. . . OGs who aren't as good as he is (derrick dockery comes instantly to mind) have gotten far bigger deals, some of them several years ago. . . great for us, but i hope they don't think doom or clady will be signed that cheap. . .

TXBRONC
06-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I assume he gets money as well. :D

And a life time supply of Snickers Ice Cream bars.

Lonestar
06-04-2010, 09:14 PM

nice chunk of money for him, but IMO we signed him way cheap. . . OGs who aren't as good as he is (derrick dockery comes instantly to mind) have gotten far bigger deals, some of them several years ago. . . great for us, but i hope they don't think doom or clady will be signed that cheap. . .

I'm glad he got paid a shade less than 5 million a year. Which I suspect is well above the going rate for ORG's.

IIRC he signed his Offer earlier in the year so It was nice of the team to redo the contact fro 6 more years.

He can actually power block, and pass protect and has a real mean and nasty streak in him.

He deserved a new contract,

Because he indeed did more than just hands in the dirt rush the passer that Doom did last year.

When Doom learns and excels at it then IMO he deserves a biggie contract also. till then well, he is being paid good money for the coming season.

BTW IIRC it is a five or six fold increase in what he made last year.

honz
06-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Cool. I hope he doesn't get fat and lazy now.

Lonestar
06-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Cool. I hope he doesn't get fat and lazy now. got this feeling that kuper will not he, afterall is not Pryce...

dogfish
06-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Cool. I hope he doesn't get fat and lazy now.

tebow would kick your ass if he knew what you just said. . . . :tsk:

TXBRONC
06-04-2010, 09:42 PM

And he wouldn't even need to lay hand on him to do it.

Broncolingus
06-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Gosh-darn McD - keeping players like this!!!

What the hell!!!???

Why wasn't he cut/traded??!!!

:D

Lonestar
06-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Gosh-darn McD - keeping players like this!!!

What the hell!!!???

Why wasn't he cut/traded??!!!

especially since he was not an Ex pat imagine that.

What I think it means is he is finding the TEAM players WORTH keeping and signing them to decent contracts.

Shit canning those that are not TEAM players and or worth a crap.

Broncolingus
06-04-2010, 09:59 PM

What I think it means is he is finding the TEAM players WORTH keeping and signing them to decent contracts.

That's effing crazy, man!!!!

He's out of control!!!

I'm outta here!!!

nevcraw
06-04-2010, 10:13 PM

Wow!!!

Coach MCD -- Junior and and the boys are pitching in to buy you little something as token of your almightyness for signing your first long term contract to in house vet. we didn't know you had it in you..
thank you for doing your job. gush, gush..

honz
06-04-2010, 10:27 PM
My inside sources are telling me that Kuper has eaten 4 cheeseburgers, 7 short stacks of pancakes, and 3 cartons of Ben and Jerry's since signing the extension.

dogfish
06-04-2010, 10:30 PM
My inside sources are telling me that Kuper has eaten 4 cheeseburgers, 7 short stacks of pancakes, and 3 cartons of Ben and Jerry's since signing the extension.

good for him. . . . :D

Timmy!
06-04-2010, 10:52 PM
RG locked up for the next 6 years. Bueno.

Bosco
06-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Excellent.

UnderArmour
06-05-2010, 12:41 AM
He wasn't on the market, it was just an extension.

I know this. It was the standard Madden re-signing message, even if it was one of your own players.

Tned-Mobile
06-05-2010, 03:41 AM

It's the uncapped year. As a player, he got screwed big time. The 30% rule came into effect, which says that on extensions/renegotiations, a players base salary can't go up by more than 30% a year.

So, since he signed his $2.3 million (or so) tender, he salary for the extended years can't rise more than 30% each year ($2.99 Mil, $3.89 Mil, $5.05 Mil, etc).

It's the reason Dumervil has held off signing his tender offer, because it puts both him AND the Broncos in a tough spot in terms of signing a long term deal, as those types of salaries (or 30% above Doom's high tender value) just won't cut it for Doom's contract.

TXBRONC
06-05-2010, 08:16 AM
For what it's worth his contract makes him the second highest paid offensive lineman in team history.

GEM
06-05-2010, 09:05 AM

They're probably saving their pennies on Kup for those deals. :lol:

Spiritguy
06-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Kupes Dad over on the mane said Kupe and his wife are expecting (due in Sept.) Nice that the front office could get this done now.

T.K.O.
06-05-2010, 10:29 AM
i wish somebody would sign me to a 1 year .1 million dollar contract:shocked:

Spiritguy
06-05-2010, 10:45 AM
On his new contract

"I'm ecstatic. It just speaks volumes about those guys in the front office with Mr. (President and CEO Pat) Bowlen, (Head) Coach (Josh) McDaniels and (General Manager) Brian Xanders. They felt that they could build a team and I could be a part of it for a while."

On when he started talking to the Broncos about a long-term contract

"I kind of just let my agent deal with it. I'm sure it started before then. There were a lot of question marks this offseason with the uncapped year and what was going to happen with the restricted guys, and were guys going to get signed to long-term deals. I left a lot of it in his hands, and he did a great job."

On if he thought long-term deals were possible in the uncapped year

"I wasn't sure, and I'm very, very happy that it did happen. I think there's guys out there that were getting deals done. Not a ton, but to be one of those guys, it's an unbelievable feeling."

On if he has spoken with Broncos LB Elvis Dumervil about his contract situation

"I haven't talked to Elvis (Dumervil) too much about it. That's kind of his personal deal, too. I'll let him take care of his end of it. I just tried to do what I could to take care of mine."

On why he is excited to stay with the Broncos

"The history of the Broncos, the history of the offensive line here. I came in with some great players in Broncos history that I got to play next to -- Tom Nalen, Matt Lepsis, Ben Hamilton, some great players. The tradition. I love the city of Denver. Me and my wife grew up in Alaska, and Denver is kind of the next best thing for us as far as weather. It's nice here in the winter. The organization all together, everything's first class. Great coaching staff, I get along with everybody. It's not a lot these days that people get to say, and hopefully I'm fortunate enough to do this, and play my whole career here. It doesn't happen that often anymore."

On if he looks back at how far he has come since being a fifth-round draft pick in 2006

"I was just talking to my agent about it today. It's surreal, because that first year, coming in trying to make the roster, even trying to make the practice squad, you don't know how the coaching staff feels about you. Take every season year-to-year and kind of build yourself up, and you build confidence as you play more. I was fortunate enough to get in there my second year and start some games. Not too many people get to experience this."

On if he is familiar with a new blocking scheme

"We ran some power stuff in the past. We didn't major in it, but I feel that I can play in any system. I love the direction our team is going. I think that we're going to have a lot of success in the near future. We've got great guys in there in the locker room, the coaching staff and the front office. I can't explain any more how elated I am to be here."

On playing alongside OLs Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris on the offensive line

"Those two guys are, in my opinion, two of the best at their positions in the league. To be able to play next to Ryan Harris all the time, he makes me a better player, and Ryan Clady came into this league and just played awesome. To have us three guys to be able to play together hopefully for a long time, we're going to do some good things up front."

On taking on a leadership role on the offensive line

"I just kind of fell into it. Being in my fifth year, it's a little bit different because when I came in there were 10-, 11-, 13-year guys. But I definitely embrace it, and I enjoy it, too. We've also got OL Russ Hochstein, and he has played a lot of games in the NFL. I still talk to him about things that he's done in the NFL that probably we have yet to see. But I definitely embrace the role and I'm happy that's something that I can do now."

link (http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/6/4/1502226/potent-quotables-chris-kuper)

Lonestar
06-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Gee having Hock there seems to be a good thing to Kuper as he seems to have seen things this 5 year vet has not.

Hope the Josh is a nimrod for bringing in ex PAT players choke on that.

I hope this kid CAN play the PBS as well as the new contract is paying him.

I guess that Josh and new OL coach think he can.

Time will tell.

dogfish
06-05-2010, 12:47 PM
kupes! kupes! kupes!!

TXBRONC
06-05-2010, 03:40 PM
kupes! kupes! kupes!!

Next up: Doom! Doom! Doom!

rcsodak
06-05-2010, 03:56 PM
hell yea, love hearing this. . . that's my boy!

it's great to see one of our young vets actually get rewarded, and better to have a quality talent entering his prime locked up. . . now take care of dumervil. . . .

Nice thing about Doom, is he'll HAVE to have a contract, or sign his tender, by the 15th.

Lonestar
06-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Nice thing about Doom, is he'll HAVE to have a contract, or sign his tender, by the 15th.

Or the Pumpkin disappears into a much smaller contract. Maybe that is best so we can have a look see at if he can improve his game. Before commiting major guaranteed contracts.

Or if he is smart just accept the 3 million tender and get a 6 fold raise. And we can see the same thing.

If he improves past a pass rusher this coming year he gets paid commensurate to his proven Skills.

Lonestar
06-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Broncos OL Kuper gets five-year, $25.5 million extension
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
POSTED: 06/05/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

Chris Kuper lined up against the formidable financial foe that was NFL labor uncertainty.

And knocked it on its rear.

Seemingly unlucky when, as a fourth-year player, Kuper had his free-agent status reduced from unrestricted to restricted by the NFL's uncapped season, the starting right guard nevertheless became the second-highest paid offensive lineman in Broncos history Friday when he agreed to a five-year, $25.5 million extension.

"The history of the Broncos, the history of the offensive line here — I came in with some great players in Broncos history that I got to play next to: Tom Nalen, Matt Lepsis, Ben Hamilton," Kuper said. "The tradition, I love the city of Denver. And the organization altogether, it's just first-class."

In "new money," which begins in the 2011 season, Kuper's $5.1 million annual salary is second only to the $6.2 million average Lepsis received in his final contract before retiring after the 2007 season.

Kuper will continue playing on the $2.521 million salary he was tendered as a restricted free agent in 2010. Add it up and Kuper is under contract through the next six years at $28.012 million. Of that, $13.021 million is guaranteed.

in case no one else posted this article from the post.