PDA

View Full Version : Article: Broncos’ projected win total at 7 1/2

tomjonesrocks
06-04-2010, 05:34 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/06/03/broncos-win-total-at-7-12/

Posted June 3, 2010, 2:28 pm MT
Broncos’ projected win total at 7 1/2
By MIKE KLIS

The Las Vegas Hilton Sports Book has put the Broncos’ over/under win total at 7 1/2 for the 2010 season. The San Diego Chargers are at 11 wins.

The Hilton put the Broncos at 7 1/2 wins last year, too, although that number plunged to 6 1/2 after Kyle Orton’s early preseason struggles, and Brandon Marshall’s preseason suspension caused a flood of bets on the under. The Broncos started 6-0, but finished with an 8-8 record.

Colorado native Jay Kornegay, who is the director of the Hilton Sports Book, said that while the Broncos have an easier schedule in 2010 than in 2009, there remains too much uncertainty in Denver.

“”There’s an “if’’ at almost every position,’’ Kornegay said. “”Every time our guys got together, that word came up. It’s a big, two-letter word in that Bronco camp.’’

More disturbing, perhaps, is the Broncos are considered a 2-point underdog to the San Francisco 49ers, even though their game Oct. 31 will be played on the neutral field of London’s Wembley Stadium.

The 49ers have not had a winning season since 2002. The Broncos have had just one losing season since 1999.

underrated29
06-04-2010, 06:02 PM
So what is the payout? Because I know we will win more than 7.5 games. I know we will win more than 9 games and that even with injuries and such.

I might actually bet vegas on this one..If they payout is nice. Esp after we get creamed by jax in game 1.

tomjonesrocks
06-04-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't think you can be a true Broncos fan and actively bet the under. That said, I am not willing to lay money this team beats 7 1/2 and can see how bettors would find an under bet attractive. This team is not set up to win this year by any stretch of the imagination. Clady's now the best player remaining on the team.

But hey, we have "character/team" guys now. Probably no one on this team this year makes embarrassing headlines...that seems just as high a priority as winning if not moreso.

claymore
06-04-2010, 07:02 PM
My main issue with McD is the "If's". It seems like every major decision is a gamble on some unknown variable.

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 07:06 PM
My main issue with McD is the "If's". It seems like every major decision is a gamble on some unknown variable.

No decision any NFL team makes is a sure thing. If so, everyone would win the Super Bowl.

claymore
06-04-2010, 07:09 PM
No decision any NFL team makes is a sure thing. If so, everyone would win the Super Bowl.

I agree. But he takes it to the next level. I know you support him. I just think (like the vegas guys) that we/McD are depending on to many ifs.

SoCalImport
06-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Clady's now the best player remaining on the team.

Clady has been the best player on this team since he was drafted.

Clady would be the best player on a lot of teams.

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Clady has been the best player on this team since he was drafted.

Clady would be the best player on a lot of teams.

Agreed. And it's not a bad thing at all for your LT to be your best player.

GGMoogly
06-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm DEFINITELY laying money down on this one! While my overall winning percentage might not be great in Vegas, I do okay on the over/unders. When I pass through in July, Luck better be a lady...

silkamilkamonico
06-04-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't think you can be a true Broncos fan and actively bet the under. That said, I am not willing to lay money this team beats 7 1/2 and can see how bettors would find an under bet attractive. This team is not set up to win this year by any stretch of the imagination. Clady's now the best player remaining on the team.

But hey, we have "character/team" guys now. Probably no one on this team this year makes embarrassing headlines...that seems just as high a priority as winning if not moreso.

If McDaniels could get to .500 with the team we had last year, which is worse than the team we'll have this year (on paper), then I see no reason why he can't do the same this year.

Besides, it could be a stretch. We've been set up to win a few times since 1998, and we came away with 1 playoff win in 11 years.

Tempus Fugit
06-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Well, the team won 8 games last season, and the claim in the article is that the schedule is easier this season. With that in mind....

Which positions have gotten worse, based upon projected starters and likely-high-snap-totals backups since last season?

Dean
06-04-2010, 09:30 PM
For whatever it's worth, Adam Schein doesn't think we will do to much either.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?vid=5f9dd4eb-8bd9-47bb-ba42-32325c2de193

Lonestar
06-04-2010, 09:43 PM
For whatever it's worth, Adam Schein doesn't think we will do to much either.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?vid=5f9dd4eb-8bd9-47bb-ba42-32325c2de193

sounds like a real mikey fan. so I'll discount much of what he has to say.

Broncolingus
06-04-2010, 09:48 PM
I wonder which game Denver is going to win '1/2?'

underrated29
06-04-2010, 10:30 PM
If McDaniels could get to .500 with the team we had last year, which is worse than the team we'll have this year (on paper), then I see no reason why he can't do the same this year.

Besides, it could be a stretch. We've been set up to win a few times since 1998, and we came away with 1 playoff win in 11 years.

Well, the team won 8 games last season, and the claim in the article is that the schedule is easier this season. With that in mind....

Which positions have gotten worse, based upon projected starters and likely-high-snap-totals backups since last season?

Exactly my point.

Last year we had the worst schedule known to man kind!!
We had a brand new everything, from QB, to players, to scheme, to players running a scheme they are not suited, to a coach
We also had some distractions, ehhm, Brandon.
We had sooo much and we won 8- 9 if orton didnt leave the was game. 10 if we didnt kick our self in the nuts against philly.

This year we solved almost all of that.
More exp in system
rookies more accustomed to nfl
better defensive players- esp on the DL
Much easier schedule ESPECIALLY THE LAST 6-8 GAMES!!!!(where we go undefeated)
A Oline that is built for powah!!

Plus our rookies- IMO these guys all START from day 1:
JD,Olsen,Perrish Cox (<- who is a badass btw),DT (if healed)

Yet they think we will lose 1 more game, or .5 game this year from last, all because we traded away Marshall...?????

I THINK NOT!!!!!!!

Lonestar
06-04-2010, 10:39 PM
The BM crap is just that. While he had a great year it did not convert into winning more games for us.

IMO it may have been an easy out for the team NOT to look past that first option.

He was not the end all for the offense.

Althiough having lousy group at OL for much of the year did not help the runnig game or pass protetion

Once the new OL meets and greets each other we should have better OL for playing power ball.

No more marvin milktoasts on this OL. While not as big as I'd like they are a HUGE difference in what we had.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Timmy!
06-04-2010, 10:53 PM
$50 on the over. Done.

GGMoogly
06-05-2010, 06:04 PM
You have to remember, too, the oddsmakers are not just trying to tell you where the Broncos will end up, they're also trying to bring Denver money in by setting the line low. I guarantee the over/under will change once the season starts.

underrated29
06-05-2010, 06:21 PM
You have to remember, too, the oddsmakers are not just trying to tell you where the Broncos will end up, they're also trying to bring Denver money in by setting the line low. I guarantee the over/under will change once the season starts.

That is why they do the .5 because either way they are making money of the half part. They just want both sides to be equal or close to equal so they can pay the other sides off and keep the .5 for themselves.

sneakers
06-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Shows you how much these guys know, how can you have half a win?

:rolleyes:

OrangeHoof
06-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Shows you how much these guys know, how can you have half a win?

:rolleyes:

Maybe you should ask Donovan McNabb. :laugh: