PDA

View Full Version : For those declaring Thomas' career over...

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 02:09 PM
He was back on the field today. Seems like some were being a little overly dramatic in this thread: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146386

Post from Andrew Mason:

"Demaryius Thomas said he was pain-free for his work Fri., & that today was about "getting used to new routes that I've never run before.""

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos

Northman
06-04-2010, 02:10 PM
He probably wont peak for at least 3 years either way. Too much injury and route learning to overcome.

GEM
06-04-2010, 02:16 PM
He won't make it to preseason......he's already on the field.

Won't matter it won't pan out for 3 years....:rolleyes:

Just don't jump on the guys bandwagon this season if he works out....hold off for 3 years. ;)

DenBronx
06-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Good to see him pain free and finally running routes. Can't wait to see what this kid can do in preseason.

underrated29
06-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Wow- I never even saw that thread about his foot. But man after looking it over.....

We sure have a bunch of negative nancies on this site! My goodness. I thought we were all done with the media brainwashing us stuff? Apparantly not.

DT will be fine. The OL will be better than fine. The defense will be even better than the better than fine OL. The run game will be mucho better and the broncos will win no less than 10 games this year. After finishing the season out on a 6-0 run..(possibly with tebers at QB)
This is not a crystal ball scenario and anyone can hold me to it. I will!

Lonestar
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Wow- I never even saw that thread about his foot. But man after looking it over.....

We sure have a bunch of negative nancies on this site! My goodness. I thought we were all done with the media brainwashing us stuff? Apparantly not.

DT will be fine. The OL will be better than fine. The defense will be even better than the better than fine OL. The run game will be mucho better and the broncos will win no less than 10 games this year. After finishing the season out on a 6-0 run..(possibly with tebers at QB)
your are singing to the choir ..

claymore
06-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Is he running routes at full speed?

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Ryan Harris was also back today, as was Arrington.

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/06/04/harris-thomas-arrington-hit-the-field/

The “opportunity day” without most veterans was an opportunity for J.J. Arrington, Demaryius Thomas and Ryan Harris to practice for the first time this offseason.

For Thomas, the work was his first of any kind as a pro, and in an early practice drill, he looked smooth and unaffected by the foot problems that have been an issue for him in recent months.

Harris assumed his usual spot back at right tackle with the first unit; it is, however, hard to make much of the units in today’s session because of the absence of veterans.

More to come after the practice.

underrated29
06-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Is he running routes at full speed?

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not...

If serious. I would highly doubt it.
jMFmd said he wants to easse them in. Just tap them in slowly. Just tap them in, just tap them in. Give em a little tappy. A tap tap, taparoo.

claymore
06-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not...

If serious. I would highly doubt it.
jMFmd said he wants to easse them in. Just tap them in slowly. Just tap them in, just tap them in. Give em a little tappy. A tap tap, taparoo.

Being serious. Not trying to be pessimistic , but I just dont want to be excited until he is running full speed 7 on 7's etc...

Broncolingus
06-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Let's just cut/trade him now because that's all McD does anyway!

"Flippin-Gosh!"

http://thekasen.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/napoleon-dynamite.jpg

GEM
06-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Being serious. Not trying to be pessimistic , but I just dont want to be excited until he is running full speed 7 on 7's etc...

I think the reason to be optimistic here is it was reported that he wouldn't be able to participate in any OTA's and he was questionable for preseason. Take from it what you want, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

GEM
06-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Let's just cut/trade him now because that's all McD does anyway!

"Flippin-Gosh!"

http://thekasen.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/napoleon-dynamite.jpg

I hate Napoleon Dynomite. I have never seen it, but I hate him. My 15 year old godson has it down...."You're ruining my life, gggggg'osssssssh!"

:lol:

TXBRONC
06-04-2010, 03:02 PM
He won't make it to preseason......he's already on the field.

Won't matter it won't pan out for 3 years....:rolleyes:

Just don't jump on the guys bandwagon this season if he works out....hold off for 3 years. ;)

It generally takes about three years for a receiver to develop if he going to at all. Sure he could develop faster than that but chances are it will take him about 3 years before he'll make a big impact on the team. He admitted himself that there are routes he has learn because he's never ran them before. If he can develop faster than that I'm all for it, if he doesn't I'm sure hell not going to call him a bust after one season.

Northman
06-04-2010, 03:10 PM
It generally takes about three years for a receiver to develop if he going to at all. Sure he could develop faster than that but chances are it will take him about 3 years before he'll make a big impact on the team. He admitted himself that there are routes he has learn because he's never ran them before. If he can develop faster than that I'm all for it, if he doesn't I'm sure hell not going to call him a bust after one season.

But dont jump on his bandwagon if he proves to be Randy Moss in his first year. :coffee:

Or so im told anyway. :lol:

TXBRONC
06-04-2010, 03:14 PM
But dont jump on his bandwagon if he proves to be Randy Moss in his first year. :coffee:

Or so im told anyway. :lol:

I'll keep that in mind. ;)

Broncolingus
06-04-2010, 03:33 PM
I hate Napoleon Dynomite. I have never seen it, but I hate him. My 15 year old godson has it down...."You're ruining my life, gggggg'osssssssh!"

:lol:

Hey, GEM!

http://www.nmmlp.org/images/enews/no_hate.jpg

:D

silkamilkamonico
06-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Give him the ROY award right now..

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Give him the ROY award right now..

:lol: Please. This thread was in response to people (like you) who were already declaring we should have gotten Bryant and saying DT's foot may never heal. Seems like some of you were being drama queens about his injury without having any knowledge of it.

underrated29
06-04-2010, 03:45 PM
At BM they had a tweet posted saying something like:

DT was doing full cuts, starts and stops, cone drills and sprints. looked fine and fluid.

silkamilkamonico
06-04-2010, 04:11 PM
:lol: Please. This thread was in response to people (like you) who were already declaring we should have gotten Bryant and saying DT's foot may never heal. Seems like some of you were being drama queens about his injury without having any knowledge of it.

Please. I never claimed his "career to be over". Seems like you're either absolutely terrible at comprehension, or honestly believe the world will end in 2012, immediately after the 2011 lockout.

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Please. I never claimed his "career to be over". Seems like you're either absolutely terrible at comprehension, or honestly believe the world will end in 2012, immediately after the 2011 lockout.

No, but you did basically say that it could be 2 years before he plays football again, which is a pretty dramatic stance to take with no evidence to support it. And according to one of your posts in that thread, you were looking at the "bright side" in taking that stance! :lol: What would you consider the bad side then?

silkamilkamonico
06-04-2010, 04:16 PM
No, but you did basically say that it could be 2 years before he plays football again, which is a pretty dramatic stance to take with no evidence to support it. And according to one of your posts in that thread, you were looking at the "bright side" in taking that stance! :lol: What would you consider the bad side then?

Yes, obviously you do completely suck at reading comprehension.

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Yes, obviously you do completely suck at reading comprehension.

Or you were just wrong and won't admit it. :coffee:

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 04:18 PM
http://maxdenver.com/maxdenver/images/100604/thomas_demaryius_425.jpg

silkamilkamonico
06-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Or you were just wrong and won't admit it. :coffee:

I'll stand by "your lousy reading comprehension" argument, considering I explained in that thread, as well as many others, why there will be no 2011 football season.

Your argument of "2 years = an entire career" sure doesn't help your case for that either.

TXBRONC
06-04-2010, 04:20 PM

Honestly Silk I'm trying to pile on but I thought you did say something to that effect in another thread.

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 04:21 PM
I'll stand by "your lousy reading comprehension" argument, considering I explained in that thread, as well as many others, why there will be no 2011 football season.

Your argument of "2 years = an entire career" sure doesn't help your case for that either.

Where did I say 2 years = an entire career? Please find a specific quote.

silkamilkamonico
06-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Honestly Silk I'm trying to pile on but I thought you did say something to that effect in another thread.

I simply said it could be 2 years until he sees the field again, considering nobody knew where his injury was this year (which is true), which might hold him out this year, and he would miss the 2011 season because of the lockout.

I just didn't realize an NFL career was equivalent to 2 seasons.

silkamilkamonico
06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Where did I say 2 years = an entire career? Please find a specific quote.

Are you serious?

This thread was in response to people (like you) who were already declaring we should have gotten Bryant and saying DT's foot may never heal.

For those declaring Thomas' career over...

No, but you did basically say that it could be 2 years before he plays football again, which is a pretty dramatic stance to take with no evidence to support it.

For those declaring Thomas' career over...

Come to think of it, I don't remember anyone in that thread saying his career would be over.

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
I simply said it could be 2 years until he sees the field again, considering nobody knew where his injury was this year (which is true), which might hold him out this year, and he would miss the 2011 season because of the lockout.

Let me put it in simpler terms. You said on the "bright side" he could miss 2 years. That leads me to extrapolate that you think there is a chance it could be a career ender if the bright side is 2 years. Needless to say, that's a bit of a dramatic stance to take.

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Are you serious?

Come to think of it, I don't remember anyone in that thread saying his career would be over.

Like I said, I was extrapolating based on you saying that 2 years is the "bright side".

And apparently you can't recognize hyperbole, which is what my thread title was.

BroncoBJ
06-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I thought he was gonna have to retire because of his foot injuries. This is great to hear that hes on the field. :elefant:

TXBRONC
06-04-2010, 04:31 PM

Like I thought something like that in a different thread. Matters not. I'll let you and BB get back to arguing. :D

silkamilkamonico
06-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Let me put it in simpler terms. You said on the "bright side" he could miss 2 years. That leads me to extrapolate that you think there is a chance it could be a career ender if the bright side is 2 years. Needless to say, that's a bit of a dramatic stance to take.

The bright side being 2 years to heal his foot, to heal his injury that the organization obviously didn't know was taking so long to heal (which is true). He would have 2 years to heal his foot. If the organization didn't know what was wrong with it and why it was taking so long to heal, he would have 2 seasons to get it fully healed. 2 seasons being next season, and the 2011 lockout.

Your thread title is an example of exaggeration, or misunderstanding of people's opinions in that thread, moreso than hyperbole.

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 04:35 PM
The bright side being 2 years to heal his foot, to heal his injury that the organization obviously didn't know was taking so long to heal (which is true). He would have 2 years to heal his foot. If the organization didn't know what was wrong with it and why it was taking so long to heal, he would have 2 seasons to get it fully healed. 2 seasons being next season, and the 2011 lockout.

Your thread title is an example of exaggeration, or misunderstanding of people's opinions in that thread, moreso than hyperbole.

No, it's actually just simple hyperbole. You're the one with reading comprehension problems if you didn't instantly recognize that.

And it must not be taking that long to heal if he is already back on the field, so you would be wrong actually.

Tempus Fugit
06-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Guy's on the field. At this point, the rest is irrelevant.

silkamilkamonico
06-04-2010, 04:43 PM
No, it's actually just simple hyperbole. You're the one with reading comprehension problems if you didn't instantly recognize that.

Says the guy arguing 2 seasons to be an NFL career.

And it must not be taking that long to heal if he is already back on the field, so you would be wrong actually.

If I'm wrong, then why didn't you post this thread on May 28 to save us both the trouble and hassle?

BroncoWave
06-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Says the guy arguing 2 seasons to be an NFL career.

If I'm wrong, then why didn't you post this thread on May 28 to save us both the trouble and hassle?

The only place I typed the words "NFL career" were in the thread title which I stated was clearly hyperbole. Sorry you still don't recognize that.

I didn't have to post it then, posting it now proves you are every bit as wrong as it would had I posted it then.

NightTrainLayne
06-04-2010, 05:00 PM
That's enough of the personal argument guys. He's out there practicing, that should be a positive thing, and nothing to waste time arguing about.

Italianmobstr7
06-04-2010, 05:04 PM
I've already gone on record saying he's going to be great but I'm gonna day it again. He's going to be great. He probably won't produce a ton this season but I think he'll have a decent year. Watch out next year though. He has the size, speed and skillset to
be a great NFL WR.

Northman
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Ill wait and see. I dont want another Marcus Nash on my hands.

underrated29
06-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Ill wait and see. I dont want another Marcus Nash on my hands.

Damnit north. You are bringing me down man. Show some enthusiasm. Its kinda like christmas. I know you get excited about christmas right?

He will not be another nash. Not saying I am right, or even that good. but remember when I posted my thoughts of him back in feb- I claimed he was a marshall clone balls to bones only faster...Well josh said like those exact words. be happy that we have a younger, faster, less mcdonalds bags version of him. He still has to live up to that hype, but its better than being compared to marcus nash from the get go.

dogfish
06-04-2010, 05:23 PM
That's enough of the personal argument guys. He's out there practicing, that should be a positive thing, and nothing to waste time arguing about.

but people's INTERNET CRED is on the line here!! damn it, layne, can't you understand that??

Northman
06-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Damnit north. You are bringing me down man. Show some enthusiasm. Its kinda like christmas. I know you get excited about christmas right?

He will not be another nash. Not saying I am right, or even that good. but remember when I posted my thoughts of him back in feb- I claimed he was a marshall clone balls to bones only faster...Well josh said like those exact words. be happy that we have a younger, faster, less mcdonalds bags version of him. He still has to live up to that hype, but its better than being compared to marcus nash from the get go.

Dont get me wrong dude, i hope the kid succeeds and is as great as some may think he will be. Im even excited to see what he can do this year but i learned a long time ago not to get my hopes up too much until ive seen everything they (coaches, players, etc) can do because a lot of people, media alike claim a lot of things that do and dont come to fruitition. For me, its not about bringing anyone down. Its just about keeping a level head and not to get too wrapped up into positive or negative hype surrounding those players and coaches. So i apologize if im sounding "negative" but right now my team is very mediocre (and no Jr, not just this past year) and i have yet to see any REAL evidence of getting out of it. Im always hopeful every year but im just going to sit back and see how it goes. But i just hope that my fellow Bronco fans can keep some objective perspective on these things as it could turn ugly just as much turn great for us. Thats all. :D

arapaho2
06-04-2010, 05:25 PM
i remember when people were all gaga over ashlie lelie..his speed, routes, leaping ability were goona make him a beast

i remember watts breaking ankles in practise...boy we went ape shit over his potential

i'll remain calm until i see him match marshalls numbers for this team

Lonestar
06-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I've always said that After all of mikeys dafting of WRs, I'd never ever draft one again.

from first day busts nash 30, ashley 19, watts 54, and the following list of stellar names.

2 42 Eddie Royal WR Virginia Tech
4 119 Brandon Marshall WR Central Florida
4 130 Domenik Hixon WR Akron
6 171 Triandos Luke WR Alabama
5 158 Adrian Madise WR Texas Christian
5 144 Herb Haygood WR Michigan State
6 190 Kevin Kasper WR Iowa
3 93 Travis McGriff WR Florida
6 204 Chad Plummer WR Cincinnati
7 218 Billy Miller WR USC
3 70 Chris Cole WR Texas A&M
5 154 Muneer Moore WR Richmond
5 159 Patrick Jeffers WR Virginia

only two of those WR were worth a crap BM and fast Eddie. We basically thru away 13 of those draft choices away.

we at least got a couple of Draft choices fro BM and suspect that Eddie will play a lot this year.
BTW who would ever draft a WR with one hand at 54. Just way to stupid for me to understand.

like drafting a deaf mute QB or a one legged RB.

Just something you do not do no matter how much talent they might have had in college.

Lets hope that these two WR picked this year make it big, like they seem to have the ability to do.

getlynched47
06-04-2010, 06:33 PM
What I gathered from this thread:

Demaryius Thomas is back

He looked fine, according to various reports

The thread title sucks

End of story...:coffee:

Lonestar
06-04-2010, 06:45 PM
actually I'm thinking that Decker could be the best of the two, IF he ever gets on the field he should catch everything in reach as his numbers in COLLEG are short of amazing. 3 drops in 384 or so passes he was targeted for.

Unlike what we have seen for decades.. even Eddie Mac was not that good.

nevcraw
06-04-2010, 07:16 PM

should not give the the minions false hope.

TXBRONC
06-04-2010, 07:34 PM
i remember when people were all gaga over ashlie lelie..his speed, routes, leaping ability were goona make him a beast

i remember watts breaking ankles in practise...boy we went ape shit over his potential

i'll remain calm until i see him match marshalls numbers for this team

I do like Thomas' measurable but that in and of itself means nothing unless he can make an impact at some point in time.

Elevation inc
06-05-2010, 04:29 AM
He probably wont peak for at least 3 years either way. Too much injury and route learning to overcome.

:lol::lol:

Dean
06-05-2010, 06:02 AM
I've always said that After all of mikeys dafting of WRs, I'd never ever draft one again.

from first day busts nash 30, ashley 19, watts 54, and the following list of stellar names.

2 42 Eddie Royal WR Virginia Tech
4 119 Brandon Marshall WR Central Florida
4 130 Domenik Hixon WR Akron
6 171 Triandos Luke WR Alabama
5 158 Adrian Madise WR Texas Christian
5 144 Herb Haygood WR Michigan State
6 190 Kevin Kasper WR Iowa
3 93 Travis McGriff WR Florida
3 70 Chris Cole WR Texas A&M
5 154 Muneer Moore WR Richmond
5 159 Patrick Jeffers WR Virginia

only two of those WR were worth a crap BM and fast Eddie. We basically thru away 13 of those draft choices away.

we at least got a couple of Draft choices fro BM and suspect that Eddie will play a lot this year.
BTW who would ever draft a WR with one hand at 54. Just way to stupid for me to understand.

like drafting a deaf mute QB or a one legged RB.

Just something you do not do no matter how much talent they might have had in college.

Lets hope that these two WR picked this year make it big, like they seem to have the ability to do.

Why is Chad Plummer and Billy Miller listed twice? I agree we made some Poor picks but all those fifth, sixth, and sevenrh round picks IMO were not that big of a deal being drafted there means that you are a project to begin with.

FanInAZ
06-05-2010, 06:32 AM
WE HAD SOMETHING POSITIVE HAPPEN YESTERDAY, CAN'T WE ALL JUST BE HAPPY FOR ONCE!

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats: :congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats: :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Northman
06-05-2010, 11:46 AM
WE HAD SOMETHING POSITIVE HAPPEN YESTERDAY, CAN'T WE ALL JUST BE HAPPY FOR ONCE!

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats: :congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats: :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Where's the fun in that?

honz
06-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I'll be surprised if Thomas ever catches more than 30 balls in a season. I say that because I like being pessimistic.

honz
06-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Thomas is going to be a stud and better than Marshall in the long run. I say that because I like being optimistic.

atwater27
06-05-2010, 12:07 PM
We shouldn't have even picked a WR in the 1st anyways. Especially damaged goods.

Ravage!!!
06-05-2010, 12:18 PM
your are singing to the choir ..

Hell, the preacher!!

BroncoWave
06-05-2010, 12:21 PM
We shouldn't have even picked a WR in the 1st anyways. Especially damaged goods.

In what way is he damaged goods? He was running routes pain free in practice yesterday. Please expand on your theory...

And I know you're not trying to say WR wasn't one of our biggest needs. That's just laughable.

Slick
06-05-2010, 12:28 PM
He's ******. He'll never be Brandon Marshall. In fact, I hope he never is. I'd rather see my #1 WR catch more touchdowns and have less meaningless records.

Tempus Fugit
06-05-2010, 12:39 PM
In what way is he damaged goods? He was running routes pain free in practice yesterday. Please expand on your theory...

And I know you're not trying to say WR wasn't one of our biggest needs. That's just laughable.

Know your posters. The Broncos could have found a way to trade up to the #1 overall slot without giving up a single thing in the trade, drafted a consensus HOFer-in-waiting and that player could already be demonstrating that he's going to be the greatest player in the history of football, and there'd still be people bitching that it was a bad move because the team was paying for a #1 draft pick's salary.

Softskull
06-05-2010, 01:46 PM
The likelihood of us being a SB contender this year is slim at best. If half of the guys from this year draft pan out (especially the first three rounds), it will be considered a very good draft. WRs rarely make a splash in their first year. Thomas and Decker can heal, learn the playbook and get some experience this year, maybe start to develope with Tebow on the second team. Barring any additional injuries, it should be a good core for the future.

Worthless prediction of the day: Cox was a steal. He will take the nickel position this year, starting CB next year.

Lonestar
06-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Why is Chad Plummer and Billy Miller listed twice? I agree we made some Poor picks but all those fifth, sixth, and sevenrh round picks IMO were not that big of a deal being drafted there means that you are a project to begin with. thanks for pointing that out the dups that is.

I was trying to make a point of all the wasted Draft choices, while I do not think the odds of a 5th plus round choice has much chance of making the squad they could have been used on something other than a fishing expedition

The really bad choices were watts, ashley, nash all top 50 ish picks and totally wasted. other than ashley who was great at circus catches with almost no YAC and was unwilling to go near the middle of the field.

what kind of scouting group could even bring up watts a one handed WR, and if they did tell mikey how in the world could he have used a #2 on the guy?

Lonestar
06-05-2010, 01:57 PM
I'll be surprised if Thomas ever catches more than 30 balls in a season. I say that because I like being pessimistic.

if they are for TDs or even have of them are I'll take it.

I'll take 4 WR all catching 30 a year any day IF we can catch them in the red zone.

Lonestar
06-05-2010, 01:59 PM
The likelihood of us being a SB contender this year is slim at best. If half of the guys from this year draft pan out (especially the first three rounds), it will be considered a very good draft. WRs rarely make a splash in their first year. Thomas and Decker can heal, learn the playbook and get some experience this year, maybe start to develope with Tebow on the second team. Barring any additional injuries, it should be a good core for the future.

Worthless prediction of the day: Cox was a steal. He will take the nickel position this year, starting CB next year.

Not sure about Cox but would be happy if he did.

as for WR your spot on excepting fast Eddie I have yet to see one worth a crap in their first year as a Bronco.

There are a few throughout the NFL but very few over the years.

I'm willing to give them a couple to see where they go.

I really like the decker pick and suspect he will be the first of them to have a break out year. IF he heals up.

Bosco
06-05-2010, 01:59 PM

He's going to be running deep routes almost exclusively, at least at first. That transition will be pretty minimal, just like it was with Calvin Johnson.

Northman
06-05-2010, 02:05 PM
He's going to be running deep routes almost exclusively, at least at first. That transition will be pretty minimal, just like it was with Calvin Johnson.

Well, no offense but Thomas is nowhere near the calibur player that Johnson is. But time will tell.

rcsodak
06-05-2010, 02:12 PM

Curious as to whether you'll come back later with a "what the hell was I thinking?" post after doing this?

Or if you're drunker than the last time you "prophesized".

Just sayin........

Softskull
06-05-2010, 02:17 PM
I really like the decker pick and suspect he will be the first of them to have a break out year. IF he heals up.

I too like Decker as a receiver, that guy is smart, athletic and tough as nails. My only concern with him is with his play style, he'll take a few crushing blows and he's already shown that he'll get injured. He may not survive long.

BroncoWave
06-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Curious as to whether you'll come back later with a "what the hell was I thinking?" post after doing this?

Or if you're drunker than the last time you "prophesized".

Just sayin........

God forbid someone have optimism. It's ok, we have posters like you to tell us how much we're going to suck.

honz
06-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I have no ******* clue if Thomas is going to pan out, but I'll wait to see how he looks in preseason before I start to form my opinion. I say this because I am realistic.

rcsodak
06-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Like I said, I was extrapolating based on you saying that 2 years is the "bright side".

And apparently you can't recognize hyperbole, which is what my thread title was.

Big fancy words make me all kinds of HOT! :elefant:

Northman
06-05-2010, 02:31 PM
I have no ******* clue if Thomas is going to pan out, but I'll wait to see how he looks in preseason before I start to form my opinion. I say this because I am realistic.

BS, your just a trouble maker. Fly back to Utah you troll. :D

rcsodak
06-05-2010, 02:33 PM

We WILL have a 2011 season.

Owners/players don't want to chance ruining what they've got going, over the last few years (highest ratings ever).
We may not have a full preseason, but they'll get everything hammered out, late next summer at the latest.

:coffee:

rcsodak
06-05-2010, 02:40 PM
actually I'm thinking that Decker could be the best of the two, IF he ever gets on the field he should catch everything in reach as his numbers in COLLEG are short of amazing. 3 drops in 384 or so passes he was targeted for.

Unlike what we have seen for decades.. even Eddie Mac was not that good.

Decker was considered 1st round talent by many, up until his last year/injury.

He could be the steal of the draft, unless the 7th rounders McD traded for beat him to it.

Hope he heals up and gets on the field.

rcsodak
06-05-2010, 02:54 PM
God forbid someone have optimism. It's ok, we have posters like you to tell us how much we're going to suck.

I think you have me cornfused with somebody else, there, BtB.

I'm not, have never been, nor will I be, a negative nellie.

But thanks for playing.

If you don't know what my post was pertaining to, then do some research first before you pipe in with your opine. K?;)

Now get back to your arguing, dammit! lol

Bosco
06-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Well, no offense but Thomas is nowhere near the calibur player that Johnson is. But time will tell.

Well I disagree there. They both have very similar measurables and while Johnson was more productive in college, he also had the benefit of playing in Chan Gailey's pro style offense while Thomas played in a triple option offense.

Northman
06-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Well I disagree there. They both have very similar measurables and while Johnson was more productive in college, he also had the benefit of playing in Chan Gailey's pro style offense while Thomas played in a triple option offense.

Then we definitely have to agree to disagree. I need to see it first hand before proclaiming him on the same level as another.

arapaho2
06-05-2010, 10:13 PM
I do like Thomas' measurable but that in and of itself means nothing can't eventually make an impact.

Here's my. Concern. ...Wes generally don't make a impact as rookies sure some do but most don't...and that's polished Wrs...which Thomas is not by anymeans....and if McDaniel pride is gonna force him on the field like Moreno when there may be a better choice....then its gonna be bad

Broncolingus
06-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Then we definitely have to agree to disagree. I need to see it first hand before proclaiming him on the same level as another.

Why can't we all just get along?

http://images.mefeedia.com/entries/10898952/video_140.png

Northman
06-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Here's my. Concern. ...Wes generally don't make a impact as rookies sure some do but most don't...and that's polished Wrs...which Thomas is not by anymeans....and if McDaniel pride is gonna force him on the field like Moreno when there may be a better choice....then its gonna be bad

Well, ill say it again generally when you take players in the first round it should mean that they are ready to contribute in their first year. If your not going to start a top 3 wr draft pick or at least have him contribute in a major way you should of gone another direction to where you can have that first rounder contribute right away. You dont waste first rounders on projects...unless your McD. :laugh:

Northman
06-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Why can't we all just get along?

http://images.mefeedia.com/entries/10898952/video_140.png

I get along just fine. :D

Broncolingus
06-05-2010, 10:23 PM
I get along just fine. :D

http://www.groovy-layouts.com/Images/Fun/Crazy/images/girl-you-crazy.gif

Northman
06-05-2010, 10:24 PM
http://www.groovy-layouts.com/Images/Fun/Crazy/images/girl-you-crazy.gif

Yea girlfriend!

Broncolingus
06-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Yea girlfriend!

Yeah...corn dog!

http://www.breakfastclubquotes.com/images/nightshift2.jpg

TXBRONC
06-05-2010, 11:00 PM

That's what I've said. Wide recievers generally do not make an immediate impact. I expect that Thomas will have rookie season similar to what Marshall did his rookie year. If he proves me wrong great if he doesn't then all that means is that he need more time to develop.

Elevation inc
06-06-2010, 12:06 AM
That's what I've said. Wide recievers generally do not make an immediate impact. I expect that Thomas will have rookie season similar to what Marshall did his rookie year. If he proves me wrong great if he doesn't then all that means is that he need more time to develop.

i actually belive our top 3 recivers will be lloyd, gaffney and royal.....thomas will see work and probally have a good shot at some playing time....but i agree it will probally be untill next year before we see huge returns, but i have a feeling he will explode in year 2 which makes the 1st rd pick well worth it.....if it happens of course....patience should be used for all rookies....PERIOD!!!!! really dont see the point trashing a rookie after his first year even if he struggles....if in year 2 struggles still continue thats when impatient behavior and posting should occur....LOL!!!!...if its still happening by year 3 we should consider a different direction.....if its year 4 and he still sucks we should cut his ASS!!!! (hear that jarvis moss, Marcus thomas)

Bosco
06-06-2010, 03:08 AM
Well, ill say it again generally when you take players in the first round it should mean that they are ready to contribute in their first year. If your not going to start a top 3 wr draft pick or at least have him contribute in a major way you should of gone another direction to where you can have that first rounder contribute right away. You dont waste first rounders on projects...unless your McD. :laugh:

So which WR should McD have taken instead of Thomas?

Lonestar
06-06-2010, 03:40 AM

Wow another negative about your coach way to go.

But then let's see other than al Wilson IIRC none of mikeys #1 choices did much year one.

WRs in particular rarely becomes a superstars as a rookie certainly only one has ever done it in DEN over the years Eddie was the only one. BM certainly did not his first year and other than being a head case he turned out OK.

I suspect your expectations may be a TAD to high. That or your hate is showing.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
06-06-2010, 06:39 AM
i actually belive our top 3 recivers will be lloyd, gaffney and royal.....thomas will see work and probally have a good shot at some playing time....but i agree it will probally be untill next year before we see huge returns, but i have a feeling he will explode in year 2 which makes the 1st rd pick well worth it.....if it happens of course....patience should be used for all rookies....PERIOD!!!!! really dont see the point trashing a rookie after his first year even if he struggles....if in year 2 struggles still continue thats when impatient behavior and posting should occur....LOL!!!!...if its still happening by year 3 we should consider a different direction.....if its year 4 and he still sucks we should cut his ASS!!!! (hear that jarvis moss, Marcus thomas)

While I didn't put much thought into who would be ahead of Thomas on the dept chart I still figured he wouldn't be starter. Maybe, by the end of the year he can Gaffney or Lloyd for playing time.

Elevation inc
06-06-2010, 10:34 AM

i am fine personally with thomas, but i wouldnt have been upset at all with damian williams, golden tate, or taylor price....;)

Elevation inc
06-06-2010, 10:38 AM
While I didn't put much thought into who would be ahead of Thomas on the dept chart I still figured he wouldn't be starter. Maybe, by the end of the year he can Gaffney or Lloyd for playing time.

i pretty sure thats what will happen, i dont expect much from decker this year at all.....i wouldnt even be suprised to see him hit the pup just to be cautious with him and by that point its to late for him to make any impact....but im almost 90% certain our starting 3 will be royal gaffney and llloyd....and like you say i then see thomas pushing hard for more time by late season.....i am actually thinking we may keep 7 Wr's this year......and shortcut somewhere else.....who knows though.....in any case i wouldnt start huffing and puffing till year 2 with eitehr reciver if they dont do much...there rookies.....it takes time...

atwater27
06-06-2010, 10:38 AM
That or your hate is showing.

Speak for yourself.

Tempus Fugit
06-06-2010, 11:20 AM
i pretty sure thats what will happen, i dont expect much from decker this year at all.....i wouldnt even be suprised to see him hit the pup just to be cautious with him and by that point its to late for him to make any impact....but im almost 90% certain our starting 3 will be royal gaffney and llloyd....and like you say i then see thomas pushing hard for more time by late season.....i am actually thinking we may keep 7 Wr's this year......and shortcut somewhere else.....who knows though.....in any case i wouldnt start huffing and puffing till year 2 with eitehr reciver if they dont do much...there rookies.....it takes time...

People don't accept the need for development anymore. They see a few exceptions and demand that those players become the rule. The ignore all the history, they ignore the Michael Clayton's of the world, and they suddenly think that every receiver must be Marques Colston in order to avoid bust status.

The same applies with pretty much all positions, coaches and teams.

Bosco
06-06-2010, 12:21 PM
i am fine personally with thomas, but i wouldnt have been upset at all with damian williams, golden tate, or taylor price....;)

Unfortunately, none of them could have played the X receiver position that Thomas will.

Northman
06-06-2010, 12:27 PM

Doesnt really matter. As Elevation said you could of taken a WR later in the draft if you werent planning on starting one. Im fine with picking up projects, just not in the first round.

Northman
06-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Wow another negative about your coach way to go.

But then let's see other than al Wilson IIRC none of mikeys #1 choices did much year one.

WRs in particular rarely becomes a superstars as a rookie certainly only one has ever done it in DEN over the years Eddie was the only one. BM certainly did not his first year and other than being a head case he turned out OK.

I suspect your expectations may be a TAD to high. That or your hate is showing.

Wow, another nutsack slobjob on your part. However, thankfully i can just put you on ignore now since you want to keep trying to deflect every conversation onto the previous coach who has nothing to do with this topic. You get an EPIC FAIL my friend, welcome to ignore.

Tempus Fugit
06-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Doesnt really matter. As Elevation said you could of taken a WR later in the draft if you werent planning on starting one. Im fine with picking up projects, just not in the first round.

Every single player drafted for the NFL is a project.

Northman
06-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Every single player drafted for the NFL is a project.

Some vastly more than others.

Bosco
06-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Doesnt really matter. As Elevation said you could of taken a WR later in the draft if you werent planning on starting one. But it does matter. As I've mentioned before, you need someone who is tall and has deep speed to play the X receiver role. There are not many guys in any given draft that have that skillset, and Thomas was the only one who was considered an elite prospect.

Im fine with picking up projects, just not in the first round. When did Thomas become a project?

Northman
06-06-2010, 12:49 PM
But it does matter. As I've mentioned before, you need someone who is tall and has deep speed to play the X receiver role. There are not many guys in any given draft that have that skillset, and Thomas was the only one who was considered an elite prospect.

When did Thomas become a project?

Injuries, lack of route running (even admitted by thomas) tells me there is lot more work to be done with him than the normal receiver coming out of college as a high prospect. And no, i dont see Thomas as the "only" player that could fit into what McD wants to do. Thats a pretty big assumption on your part.

Slick
06-06-2010, 12:52 PM
People don't accept the need for development anymore. They see a few exceptions and demand that those players become the rule. The ignore all the history, they ignore the Michael Clayton's of the world, and they suddenly think that every receiver must be Marques Colston in order to avoid bust status.

The same applies with pretty much all positions, coaches and teams.

Not everyone thinks that way Tempus. The ones that do just seem to make the most noise.

Bosco
06-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Injuries, lack of route running (even admitted by thomas) tells me there is lot more work to be done with him than the normal receiver coming out of college as a high prospect. His injury doesn't make him a project, and the routes he ran in college are pretty much the same ones he'll be running in the pros, at least to start.

I'm betting that McD will treat Thomas the same way the Vikings treated Randy Moss in 1998. They'll give him a handful (maybe 8 or so) routes to learn, all deep ones, and then just let him beat people with his physical gifts. As time goes on, he'll take on more of a dynamic role in the offense.

And no, i dont see Thomas as the "only" player that could fit into what McD wants to do. Thats a pretty big assumption on your part. How many tall (> 6'3) and fast (sub 4.4 40) guys are there in any given draft?

Not many.

Northman
06-06-2010, 01:04 PM
His injury doesn't make him a project, and the routes he ran in college are pretty much the same ones he'll be running in the pros, at least to start.

It does question his reliability which to me falls under the project umbrella. As for him running the same routes that he did in college we all know one is not like the other. So again, he will be facing better competition on the defensive side of the ball not too mention a QB who is not that accurate with the deep pass.

I'm betting that McD will treat Thomas the same way the Vikings treated Randy Moss in 1998. They'll give him a handful (maybe 8 or so) routes to learn, all deep ones, and then just let him beat people with his physical gifts. As time goes on, he'll take on more of a dynamic role in the offense.We shall see. Based off their college performances Moss was twice the player that Thomas was so thats a bit of stretch to even try and compare them. Just because he may be a large wr does not mean he is the next TO or Moss.

Tempus Fugit
06-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Some vastly more than others.

And you have no idea where any of this year's receiver fall along that spectrum.

Northman
06-06-2010, 01:05 PM
And you have no idea where any of this year's receiver fall along that spectrum.

The great thing is neither do you.

Bosco
06-06-2010, 01:12 PM
It does question his reliability which to me falls under the project umbrella. As for him running the same routes that he did in college we all know one is not like the other. So again, he will be facing better competition on the defensive side of the ball not too mention a QB who is not that accurate with the deep pass. Sorry, but this is another instance of people being way too trigger happy with the "injury prone" label. Yes, Thomas will be facing increased competition, but so will every rookie. Even at the pro level, Thomas is still a physical freak.

I do agree about the quarterback though. I think that could be a bigger hindrance to Thomas than anything else, however I'm of the opinion that if Orton doesn't show dramatic improvement there, McD will pull him out and put Quinn in.

We shall see. Based off their college performances Moss was twice the player that Thomas was so thats a bit of stretch to even try and compare them. Just because he may be a large wr does not mean he is the next TO or Moss. How is their college performance even remotely relevant to comparing their physical skillsets and how they will be used at the pro level?

broncobryce
06-06-2010, 01:13 PM

Some choose to try to look positively at the situation though.

Northman
06-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Some choose to try to look positively at the situation though.

And some would rather wait and see. Last time i checked this forum doesnt just cater to one type of fan unless i missed something. Nowhere have i stated anything as fact. Im just stating my opinions like everyone else but it doesnt make me a bad fan because of it.

Northman
06-06-2010, 01:19 PM
How is their college performance even remotely relevant to comparing their physical skillsets and how they will be used at the pro level?

Any player can have the skillsets to perform. But, i think when i look at a player i would like them to have the experience, ability, and positive health record going into the NFL. There are many receivers who have had the skillset of those who were/are great but that just isnt enough. Again, i hope Thomas works out but i do question McD's judgement because i think he reached on a player who really doesnt have the type of resume i think one needs to succeed at the pro level. Doesnt mean im correct, just my outlook.

Tempus Fugit
06-06-2010, 01:21 PM

True, but I'm not the one bagging on the pick without any reason to do so. That would be..........

You.

Northman
06-06-2010, 01:22 PM
True, but I'm not the one bagging on the pick without any reason to do so. That would be..........

You.

You'll get over it.....eventually.

Tempus Fugit
06-06-2010, 01:26 PM
You'll get over it.....eventually.

Unlike yourself, apparently, who can't get past your butthurt regarding McDaniels.

At least you continue to amuse.

broncobryce
06-06-2010, 01:27 PM
And some would rather wait and see. Last time i checked this forum doesnt just cater to one type of fan unless i missed something. Nowhere have i stated anything as fact. Im just stating my opinions like everyone else but it doesnt make me a bad fan because of it.

I didn't call you a bad fan. I enjoy reading peoples opinion thats why I'm here. Every year is wait and see, with any team. Peyton Manning could blow out a knee, get in a car wreck, whatever. But a lot of fans will say they like the chances of the Colts going to the superbowl. Thomas was great in college, the top deep threat in the draft if you look at his YPC. I am excited about that in this offense.

Northman
06-06-2010, 01:33 PM
I didn't call you a bad fan. I enjoy reading peoples opinion thats why I'm here. Every year is wait and see, with any team. Peyton Manning could blow out a knee, get in a car wreck, whatever. But a lot of fans will say they like the chances of the Colts going to the superbowl. Thomas was great in college, the top deep threat in the draft if you look at his YPC. I am excited about that in this offense.

And all im saying is "what if" his injury continues to bother him? What if Orton cant get the ball to him downfield? Too many questions with this team to really be that "excited" in my opinion. We dont have Peyton Manning, if we did i probably would be a little more excited with the possibility. Sure, i look forward to seeing what these rookies can do but overall there really is nothing that i can say has changed from the last regime except trading and cutting players. The record and play on the field has been the same with the same result. Sure, Rome wasnt built in a day but i would like to see a little more progress before i start getting that "itch" so to speak. Hopefully McD's madness will pay off this year as i expect a playoff appearance. Good luck to him. :salute:

Northman
06-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Unlike yourself, apparently, who can't get past your butthurt regarding McDaniels.

Glad to be of service.

broncobryce
06-06-2010, 01:44 PM
And all im saying is "what if" his injury continues to bother him? What if Orton cant get the ball to him downfield? Too many questions with this team to really be that "excited" in my opinion. We dont have Peyton Manning, if we did i probably would be a little more excited with the possibility. Sure, i look forward to seeing what these rookies can do but overall there really is nothing that i can say has changed from the last regime except trading and cutting players. The record and play on the field has been the same with the same result. Sure, Rome wasnt built in a day but i would like to see a little more progress before i start getting that "itch" so to speak. Hopefully McD's madness will pay off this year as i expect a playoff appearance. Good luck to him. :salute:

Yeah, Orton better nut up and throw some deep balls or he will get yanked for sure. You would think they had some deep routes last season, I don't know if he was too scared to throw em or didn't feel the guys were open/didn't have time. With this kid in single coverage at times Orton HAS to throw it up to him.

broncobryce
06-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Also with Lloyd supposedly doing well in OTA's we may another guy who can stretch the field. Not sure how fast he is but I've seen him make some spectacular catches with the 49ers and Bears. He's not real big but can jump out of the stadium.

Northman
06-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Orton better nut up and throw some deep balls or he will get yanked for sure. You would think they had some deep routes last season, I don't know if he was too scared to throw em or didn't feel the guys were open/didn't have time. With this kid in single coverage at times Orton HAS to throw it up to him.

Well, im not sure if it was him being afraid or McD trying to make him play "smart" football. I kind of saw something like that with Dilfer in Bmore and Plummer in Denver. But it does concern me which is why i wouldnt mind seeing Quinn try it out as the starter.

atwater27
06-06-2010, 02:03 PM

Oh you don't worry fugee, your butt will hurt soon enough.:laugh:

broncobryce
06-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Found a video on Bay-Bay I hadn't seen for those who want to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs7-4O_7mf0&feature=related

Tempus Fugit
06-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Oh you don't worry fugee, your butt will hurt soon enough.:laugh:

Unlike yourself and some of the others here, I don't take the actions of a sports team to be personal affronts to me.

atwater27
06-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Unlike yourself and some of the others here, I don't take the actions of a sports team to be personal affronts to me.

Then why are you wasting your time here?

Lonestar
06-06-2010, 03:01 PM

I suspect most of the not going deep stuff was the lack of confidence in the OLINE to hole a block long enough to do so, this year should IMO be different once they (OL) get to know each other a bit.

We should be much better at keeping the NT/DT out of the pocket and thus allowing the QB to step up into the pocket that was not there last year.

I still do not think we are going to sling the ball deep all the time just enough to keep the D off balance.

It is not the O that Josh has been working with it is a crossing pattern, throw to the WR and let him make the play after the catch.

Dzone
06-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Theres a good chance D. Thomas will be remembered aS THE GUY WHO GOT PICKED BEFORE A HOF WR. I hope Im wrong and the kid produces like Bmarsh, but nobody is going to tell me he is a better football player than dz bryant.

Bosco
06-06-2010, 04:46 PM
But, i think when i look at a player i would like them to have the experience, ability, and positive health record going into the NFL. And Thomas has all three.

Northman
06-06-2010, 04:52 PM
And Thomas has all three.

I dont think he has enough experience because of the system he was in honestly. But, thats my opinion.

Bosco
06-06-2010, 04:59 PM
I dont think he has enough experience because of the system he was in honestly. But, thats my opinion.

I understand, but with all due respect your opinion is wrong. The guy spent all 4 years of college doing the exact same job (running deep routes) that he's going to be doing in the pros.

Northman
06-06-2010, 05:07 PM
I understand, but with all due respect your opinion is wrong. The guy spent all 4 years of college doing the exact same job (running deep routes) that he's going to be doing in the pros.

Considering neither of us work for McDaniels it would be purely speculative on your part to say im incorrect.

TXBRONC
06-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Speak for yourself.

Yep. :nod:

Slick
06-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I think he's going to be good.

I don't.

I do.

Well your opinion is shit.

Yours is too.

:fart:

TXBRONC
06-06-2010, 06:34 PM

Their is usually one receiver running deep on every pass play. As we know Orton plays it safe that's his game. Some have suggested that they think it's because he didn't have confidence in the offensive line. I think that's a false notion unless Orton was expecting the offensive line to hold the rush back for 5 or 6 seconds. In his own words he says his job is to not make mistakes and not turn the ball over. The way it looks to me that translates into nickle and dime rather than take any shots down the opportunity presents itself.

tomjonesrocks
06-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I hope D.T. becomes a stud just like everyone else, but he hasn't done anything to justify BM comparisons yet.

All he's done so far is make an extremely embarrassing and immature comment about being "a better person" than Dez Bryant and nursed a hurt foot. The guy is YOUNG (and not in a good way) and RAW.

David Terrell was a big receiver with similar physical characteristics everyone was high on coming out of college and was a TOTAL unmitigated bust. Same with David Boston. Big receiver with "Brandon Marshall" size, and yet a bust.

Seeing as he's NO sure thing, there's no way any of us can know whether he'll be productive until he gets on the field and proves it. Thinking he's a sure-fire Brandon Marshall replacement is idiocy though--odds are against it actually long-term or short.

rcsodak
06-06-2010, 08:03 PM

Luckily, McD had you in mind, then, when he not only grabbed 1 in the 1st....

..... :laugh:

....he grabbed 2! :D

rcsodak
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Wow, another nutsack slobjob on your part. However, thankfully i can just put you on ignore now since you want to keep trying to deflect every conversation onto the previous coach who has nothing to do with this topic. You get an EPIC FAIL my friend, welcome to ignore.

Add me. :welcome:

Because you haven't said 1 positive thing since McD took over. And frankly, there's enough negativity in the world that some of us don't want to come to a football forum and have to sift through the same ol' drivel day in/out.

Most rational people wait before they leap. That way, there's more likely to be a pad to cushion the landing.

atwater27
06-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Add me. :welcome:

Because you haven't said 1 positive thing since McD took over. And frankly, there's enough negativity in the world that some of us don't want to come to a football forum and have to sift through the same ol' drivel day in/out.

Most rational people wait before they leap. That way, there's more likely to be a pad to cushion the landing.

Just reminding you he didn't read that, because he already put you on ignore. So you said it for nothing, which is really a shame.

Lonestar
06-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Just reminding you he didn't read that, because he already put you on ignore. So you said it for nothing, which is really a shame.

I think N put me on igggy not RC unless he did it earlier.

For the most part N has good ideas and is knowledgeable but sometimes even the good get sucked into the dark side.

When he gets past Josh is bad and everything he does is bad he will realize he is a smart dedicated guy with only one thing on his mind improving the breeding stock in his BRONCOs and sometimes that means culling out some of the weak of mind, spirit, attitude or just bringing better players ev en though the old ones were OK.

Once they get it then they will understAnd.

I'm hoping that we have great year and all of his new kiddies perform as best they can so we can put some of the negativity to bed.

Lonestar
06-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Luckily, McD had you in mind, then, when he not only grabbed 1 in the 1st....

..... :laugh:

....he grabbed 2! :D

The one I like the best is Decker. Another eddie mac if half of the stories at true.

never met a pass that he dropped.

If DT can get over the IR list I suspect he will make lots of folks forget in short order the name BM.

broncobryce
06-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Besides his size, I don't really see a lot of Brandon Marshall in Thomas. Marshall is a possession receiver (a damn good one), Thomas is a downfield threat. That's why he is so intriguing, he MIGHT be even better than B-marsh, if he can learn to run good routes.

Bosco
06-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Considering neither of us work for McDaniels it would be purely speculative on your part to say im incorrect.

See that's the thing. Experience really isn't a subjective "my opinion/your opinion" type thing. You either have it or you don't, and Thomas has it as evidenced by the 4 years of doing it in college.

I hope D.T. becomes a stud just like everyone else, but he hasn't done anything to justify BM comparisons yet. That's because there really are no comparisons outside of their relative size. Brandon is the big, strong receiver who specializes in catching the ball 10-15 yards down the field and fighting through traffic for the big gain. Demaryius is the downfield burner who can stretch defenses deep.

All he's done so far is make an extremely embarrassing and immature comment about being "a better person" than Dez Bryant and nursed a hurt foot. The guy is YOUNG (and not in a good way) and RAW. Over dramatize much? One ill advised comment (which wasn't that big of a deal) aside, Demaryius is pretty much universally regarded as having good character.

tomjonesrocks
06-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Over dramatize much? One ill advised comment (which wasn't that big of a deal) aside, Demaryius is pretty much universally regarded as having good character.

Demaryius hasn't done much yet to deserve praise or criticism--though I think his comment was a lot worse than you seem to. He's a rookie and a total unknown at this point. I'm just frustrated by this "Brandon Marshall replaced--check" consensus that seems to be pervasive among most Broncos fans. BM is a top 10 if not top 5 WR. We have NO IDEA what we have in Demarius yet. If we had brought Boldin in or something instead I'd feel a lot more comfortable -- to say D.T. is a sure BM replacement is over-the-top premature.

Elevation inc
06-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Unfortunately, none of them could have played the X receiver position that Thomas will.

both gaffney and lloyd could play X and MCD has them playing all the roles there is not really a distinction...otehr than the fact thomas is huge so he must be X....doubt it rolls that way every game.....MCD is a match up man....if he can get a great matchup using thomas somewhere otehr than x during a game he will do it just like all our current Wr's....

As i stated im fine with thomas, but i would have been cool with eitehr of the 3 guys i mentioned not becasue of there X,y,z roles but becasue they are very good wr's....steve smith does just fine as a number 1.....and MCD has no problem moving Wr's around...

heck gaffney had 282 yds and 2 td's in the final 2 games as X reciver...but he cant play that role...a unproven rookie should do it instead....lol

Bosco
06-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Demaryius hasn't done much yet to deserve praise or criticism-- Such is the nature of rookies.

though I think his comment was a lot worse than you seem to. It wasn't. Not only is it not debatable that Thomas IS a better person than Dez Bryant, but his comment was certainly not that inflammatory. [/QUOTE]

both gaffney and lloyd could play X and MCD has them playing all the roles there is not really a distinction. Actually there is a very big distinction, and the reason Gaffney played all of the other roles is because Marshall was a staple at the Y position they both play, plus Gaffney knew all the positions and routes from the years he spent with the Patriots.

..otehr than the fact thomas is huge so he must be X... Size AND speed.

doubt it rolls that way every game.....MCD is a match up man....if he can get a great matchup using thomas somewhere otehr than x during a game he will do it just like all our current Wr's... Ideally you want to create matchups within those skillsets. That doesn't mean that the X receiver won't run short routes of the Y receiver won't run a go route, but those are somewhat rare occasions.

As i stated im fine with thomas, but i would have been cool with eitehr of the 3 guys i mentioned not becasue of there X,y,z roles but becasue they are very good wr's.... And all that would have done is create a log jam at either the Y or Z spots. You can get by with that (McD did in 2005 and 2006) but it's not the ideal way to run this offense.

steve smith does just fine as a number 1.....and MCD has no problem moving Wr's around... He'd do just fine here too, playing Z spot that Welker excels at in New England and what should allow Royal to breakout.

heck gaffney had 282 yds and 2 td's in the final 2 games as X reciver...but he cant play that role...a unproven rookie should do it instead....lol Gaffney wasn't playing the X spot in that game. Brandon Lloyd was, and he did a pretty good job of it (4 catches for about 90 yards IIRC) while Gaffney was playing his natural position in at the Y in place of Marshall.

Elevation inc
06-07-2010, 05:14 AM
seems we are talking in circles.....in any case i dont disagree with you entirely, my point was just that MCD moves Wr's around and prefers his WR's to be able to play all 3 spots so much i think any of those guys i mentioned would have just done fine at all spots here....like i said i dont have a big problem with thomas, but i would be just as happy if we had gotten tate, williams or taylor price....doesnt mean i think one will do better here than the other, it just means i feel any of those guys would have fit just fine here as well.....

Slick
06-07-2010, 07:53 AM
I'm betting that McD will treat Thomas the same way the Vikings treated Randy Moss in 1998. They'll give him a handful (maybe 8 or so) routes to learn, all deep ones, and then just let him beat people with his physical gifts. As time goes on, he'll take on more of a dynamic role in the offense.

I almost lost this in this pissing contest of a thread.

I'm on board.

Lonestar
06-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Besides his size, I don't really see a lot of Brandon Marshall in Thomas. Marshall is a possession receiver (a damn good one), Thomas is a downfield threat. That's why he is so intriguing, he MIGHT be even better than B-marsh, if he can learn to run good routes.

But BM size was what made him what he was.

Do you think if he was 6 foot and 180-195 he woukd have been near the top guy in the NFL.

Having a 3-5 inch and 40 pound advantage over a CB is huge.

DT is 1 inch shorter, about the same weight and faster with as good hands as bm has. Is a high character kid that seems to have a lot of upside.

IIRC bm took most of his rookie year to figure out where the urinals were and until his second year he was nothing to rave about.

Rarely does a WR make a big splash the first year. So let's not go balistic if either of the two WR taken this year do not become ROY canidates.

Not many Eddies out there.

arapaho2
06-07-2010, 10:50 AM
But BM size was what made him what he was.

Do you think if he was 6 foot and 180-195 he woukd have been near the top guy in the NFL.

Having a 3-5 inch and 40 pound advantage over a CB is huge.

DT is 1 inch shorter, about the same weight and faster with as good hands as bm has. Is a high character kid that seems to have a lot of upside.

IIRC bm took most of his rookie year to figure out where the urinals were and until his second year he was nothing to rave about.

Rarely does a WR make a big splash the first year. So let's not go balistic if either of the two WR taken this year do not become ROY canidates.

Not many Eddies out there.

rarely does a coach trade a wr that has been one of the top 5 wrs in the game three out of his 4 seasons and made the probowl 2 out of his first four seasons.

we didnt draft thomas to be be a project..we drafted him to replace marshalls offensive impact...thats why he was first

hopefully when dez is tearing up the league, we are not watching thomas struggle to get on the field as a one trick pony...the go route

something you wholeheartedly condem doom for being

TimTebow15MVP
06-07-2010, 10:58 AM
heres baybay running around and etc. looks good.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...V&year=&month=

Tempus Fugit
06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
rarely does a coach trade a wr that has been one of the top 5 wrs in the game three out of his 4 seasons and made the probowl 2 out of his first four seasons.

we didnt draft thomas to be be a project..we drafted him to replace marshalls offensive impact...thats why he was first

hopefully when dez is tearing up the league, we are not watching thomas struggle to get on the field as a one trick pony...the go route

something you wholeheartedly condem doom for being

1.) As a rookie, he'll be trying to learn the nuances of a very complicated passing system, so his route reading ability will be limited, and the team will have to adjust to that. However, the kid will be running more than go routes.

2.) Dumervil is not a rookie, and he wasn't one last year, so you're "condemn doom for being" isn't applicable.

3.) It's not often that "a wr that has been one of the top 5 wrs in the game three out of his 4 seasons and made the probowl 2 out of his first four seasons" is in frequent trouble with the law, has suffered suspension, is pissed off at the team's medical staff for the way an injury was handled, wants to be traded, and basically quits on his team just before the last game of the season. When you ignore that part of the equation, you make your argument worthless.

Lonestar
06-07-2010, 11:55 AM
1.) As a rookie, he'll be trying to learn the nuances of a very complicated passing system, so his route reading ability will be limited, and the team will have to adjust to that. However, the kid will be running more than go routes.

2.) Dumervil is not a rookie, and he wasn't one last year, so you're "condemn doom for being" isn't applicable.

3.) It's not often that "a wr that has been one of the top 5 wrs in the game three out of his 4 seasons and made the probowl 2 out of his first four seasons" is in frequent trouble with the law, has suffered suspension, is pissed off at the team's medical staff for the way an injury was handled, wants to be traded, and basically quits on his team just before the last game of the season. When you ignore that part of the equation, you make your argument worthless.

Could not see the post therfore did not respond to it.

But looks like you handled it with dispatch.

Bm was a talented wr no doubt but playing russian roulett with a guaranteed contract IMHO would have been stupid with all of his baggage.

NO ONE expects DT or Decker to jump in and be at his speed game wise much before Bm was LATE in his rookie year.

Anyone has thought differently than that as silly as thos that think he can't be replaced.

It seems to most that this kid and decker can be those replaces plus one.

If they work out then we will have TWO for the price of one maybe even 3 or 4 for what BM will cost the Fins with more production to boot.

arapaho2
06-07-2010, 11:59 AM

we dont have time for thomas to learn how to run routes...if he cant beat out gaffny or lloyd...thens he to far behind to make an impact...i dont wanna hear in 3-4 years thomas will be great...as a 1st round pick i
wanna see him show he can replace marshall...now!!

however doom was playing the 3-4 olb for the first time in his career .... it is applicable....all we see from jr is doom is a one trick pony....so far all i hear about thomas is he's in the same boat..a speedster who will get deep...if thats all he's got..then he is a one trick pony much like lelie was

sure marshall quit on his team:lol:...was that before the coach benched him 4 days before the last game? or after...he never quit on his team in 08 when he played through a potential career ending hip injury...he hasnt been in trouble with the law since he was found NOT GUILTY...look at all the other top players wanting new contracts and holding out....are they all cancers to?

fact is we promised him a new contract after the 08 season...another fact is the team renegged on that promise even after he played hurt all season....

arapaho2
06-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Could not see the post therfore did not respond to it.

But looks like you handled it with dispatch.

Bm was a talented wr no doubt but playing russian roulett with a guaranteed contract IMHO would have been stupid with all of his baggage.

NO ONE expects DT or Decker to jump in and be at his speed game wise much before Bm was LATE in his rookie year.

Anyone has thought differently than that as silly as thos that think he can't be replaced.

It seems to most that this kid and decker can be those replaces plus one.

If they work out then we will have TWO for the price of one maybe even 3 or 4 for what BM will cost the Fins with more production to boot.

sure untill they work out and mcd doesnt wanna pay them either:rolleyes:

Elevation inc
06-07-2010, 12:29 PM
we dont have time for thomas to learn how to run routes...if he cant beat out gaffny or lloyd...thens he to far behind to make an impact...i dont wanna hear in 3-4 years thomas will be great...as a 1st round pick i

however doom was playing the 3-4 olb for the first time in his career .... it is applicable....all we see from jr is doom is a one trick pony....so far all i hear about thomas is he's in the same boat..a speedster who will get deep...if thats all he's got..then he is a one trick pony much like lelie was

sure marshall quit on his team:lol:...was that before the coach benched him 4 days before the last game? or after...he never quit on his team in 08 when he played through a potential career ending hip injury...he hasnt been in trouble with the law since he was found NOT GUILTY...look at all the other top players wanting new contracts and holding out....are they all cancers to?

fact is we promised him a new contract after the 08 season...another fact is the team renegged on that promise even after he played hurt all season....

fact mike shanahan promised him a new contract, fact mike shanahan wasnt the coach last year......MCD didn't owe marshall anything, and marshall didnt owe MCD anything other than to show up honor your effing contract you signed on the freakin line and play and keep his mouth shut and show why shanny promised a long term contract, instead he didnt do that acted like a baby before and at the end of the season....

this isnt andre johnson who wants a new contract but keeps his mouth shuts and plays anyways....if marshall did that his new contract probally would have happened...the guy just didnt want to be in denver anymore, and it wasnt because of MCD....its becasue he knew he wasnt getting ten million a year the way he wanted it....no fault on him, just time for both parties to move on.....

expecting DT to have marshalls impact in year 1 when marshall himself didnt do that is fool hardy, who knows what we have in DT, but im willing to give him moret han a couple months after the draft to start knocking him and saying he better repl;ace BMARSH.....

i actually think gaffeny, lloyd and royal will do just fine next year as our top 3 Wr's.....many of you feel sick about that notion but i am extremly confident they will all have good years...i also belive DT will start to come on late in the season when we need him for our playoff push for a wild card....

you heard it hear first.....:lol:

Tempus Fugit
06-07-2010, 12:44 PM

Ok, so you don't understand football and how the draft generally works, particularly with regards to certain positions, such as wide receiver. This helps clarify a lot of your posts for me.

1.) Dumervil was not a rookie. He's got a body of work to judge him on, and his learning curve is nowhere near as steep. I'm not sure how this is being missed by you.

2.) I'm not sure that you really understand what a one-trick pony is, given that you're using the term on a player who'll be slowly integrated into a system as if that's the same thing as someone who's established himself as only being capable of doing one thing for his full career.

1.) Yes, it was before the coach benched him. The timeline is public and clear.

2.) When you realize that '08 was the largest cause of his discontent in '09, perhaps you'll finally start to figure things out.

3.) Players who's unhappiness over contracts lead them to disrupt the team, particularly during the year, are 'cancers', yes. That's true whether they are top players or not.

Fact is that this is irrelevant to your post and my response. Fact is that this takes the onus off of McDaniels, but you don't bother to even connect the obvious dots.

Slick
06-07-2010, 12:46 PM
sure untill they work out and mcd doesnt wanna pay them either:rolleyes:

You act like he has a 10 year history of doing this...he is in his second year.

arapaho2
06-07-2010, 01:03 PM
fact mike shanahan promised him a new contract, fact mike shanahan wasnt the coach last year......MCD didn't owe marshall anything, and marshall didnt owe MCD anything other than to show up honor your effing contract you signed on the freakin line and play and keep his mouth shut and show why shanny promised a long term contract, instead he didnt do that acted like a baby before and at the end of the season....

this isnt andre johnson who wants a new contract but keeps his mouth shuts and plays anyways....if marshall did that his new contract probally would have happened...the guy just didnt want to be in denver anymore, and it wasnt because of MCD....its becasue he knew he wasnt getting ten million a year the way he wanted it....no fault on him, just time for both parties to move on.....

expecting DT to have marshalls impact in year 1 when marshall himself didnt do that is fool hardy, who knows what we have in DT, but im willing to give him moret han a couple months after the draft to start knocking him and saying he better repl;ace BMARSH.....

i actually think gaffeny, lloyd and royal will do just fine next year as our top 3 Wr's.....many of you feel sick about that notion but i am extremly confident they will all have good years...i also belive DT will start to come on late in the season when we need him for our playoff push for a wild card....

you heard it hear first.....:lol:

gaffeny and lloyd couldnt do it with marshall drawing double coverage...what makes you think they can do it without him:lol::lol:..

theres a reason they havent cracked the lineup as a true #1wr

claymore
06-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Im putting whoever disagrees with me on ignore.

Northman
06-07-2010, 01:10 PM

You would be king of the forum at that point. But really, there are some trolls that just need to be ignored flat out. :lol:

TXBRONC
06-07-2010, 01:17 PM

I don't know if you can fit that many people on the ignore list Clay. :D

claymore
06-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't if you can fit that many people on the ignore list Clay. :D

Hahahaha no kidding!

TXBRONC
06-07-2010, 01:40 PM

Rap generally speaking it takes receivers two to three years to develop it doesn't matter what round they are taken in. Marshall's rookie season was nothing to right home about. It took him a year to adjust to the pro game.

While I don't agree with you about how soon a player should make an impact especially a number pick at least you're consistent. Some people have taken the same position as yours for years but all of the sudden have flipped 180 degrees. Everyone certainly entitled to have a change of heart but when they have been admit about it for years but now since arrival of McDaniels they've had a change of heart it makes me wonder why.

nevcraw
06-07-2010, 04:10 PM

then you will be called Jr. jr.

Northman
06-07-2010, 04:12 PM
then you will be called Jr. jr.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

T.K.O.
06-07-2010, 04:23 PM

could somebody tell me what clay said in this post.:confused:...it must have been funny:laugh:

Lonestar
06-07-2010, 04:31 PM
typically WR take several years to "get it"

Eddie was the exception to that for whatever reason only to slump in year two.

I'm a fimr believer that day one picks should ultimately become starters earlier is better but WR's rarely if ever do so. no matter which round they re taken in.

I'm willing to give all of the draft choices some time to catch on before throwing them to the wolves OR Expect them to be instant impact makers.

ABout the only instant stars are RB and LB's an sometimes Safeties if they have some "players" in front of them.

Beyond that instant super star starters are exceptions rather than the rule.

Gimpygod
06-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Why is Chad Plummer and Billy Miller listed twice? I agree we made some Poor picks but all those fifth, sixth, and sevenrh round picks IMO were not that big of a deal being drafted there means that you are a project to begin with.

because you are only allowed to be negative about shannahan, his super bowls were flukes, can't draft, ect. Mcdouche however is a genius even though he hasnt head coached a single winning season.

Lonestar
06-07-2010, 04:40 PM
because you are only allowed to be negative about shannahan, his super bowls were flukes, can't draft, ect. Mcdouche however is a genius even though he hasnt head coached a single winning season.

Most folks are not bitching because he has not won but because they were used to mikey and his ways.

Anyone that expected a winning season in his first year were not being realistic.

mike did something special with those wins in the Superbowl, but very little since ONCE he lost most of the talent he inherited. Yes, he brought some in but the basics were here already.

Once everyone else figured out FA like he used it those first couple of years he was mediocre in using it . In a lot of cases he screwed the pooch without eh clowns he brought in and lets not even talk about the DAFTS he had for most of his career here the VAST majority of his choices did not make it to a second contract IN DEN.

I know you have not invested in the new guy but lets not worry about his moves till he has had sometime here to.

Gimpygod
06-07-2010, 04:43 PM
typically WR take several years to "get it"

Eddie was the exception to that for whatever reason only to slump in year two.

I'm a fimr believer that day one picks should ultimately become starters earlier is better but WR's rarely if ever do so. no matter which round they re taken in.

I'm willing to give all of the draft choices some time to catch on before throwing them to the wolves OR Expect them to be instant impact makers.

ABout the only instant stars are RB and LB's an sometimes Safeties if they have some "players" in front of them.

Beyond that instant super star starters are exceptions rather than the rule.

which is why i think it is stupid to trade proven players away for draft picks and say we did good.

Lonestar
06-07-2010, 04:47 PM
which is why i think it is stupid to trade proven players away for draft picks and say we did good.

They did not want to play here for anyone buy mike and jeremy even had they stayed who knows how they would have played.

get over them being gone cause they are.

T.K.O.
06-07-2010, 07:55 PM
we only traded ONE proven player....and he is injured and one fubar away from an 8 game suspension.
i wonder if goodell would be nice to the phins and make it less....they did give him 47 mil to be ON the field?

Lonestar
06-07-2010, 08:44 PM
we only traded ONE proven player....and he is injured and one fubar away from an 8 game suspension.
i wonder if goodell would be nice to the phins and make it less....they did give him 47 mil to be ON the field?

Sorry your correct. BM was indeed proven and just a bitch slap away from another 8+game vacation. :salute:

I was referring to jay and tony as some think they we're the 9th and 10th wonders of the world. As the guys they need ti get over.

rcsodak
06-07-2010, 10:43 PM
You would be king of the forum at that point. But really, there are some trolls that just need to be ignored flat out. :lol:

ie. whoever disagrees with Northman = troll.

rcsodak
06-07-2010, 10:46 PM

Hasn't coached a single losing season, either. :elefant:

TXBRONC
06-08-2010, 12:07 AM
ie. whoever disagrees with Northman = troll.

I can't count the number of times you've come and attacked people for not agreeing with you.

Northman
06-08-2010, 12:23 AM
I can't count the number of times you've come and attacked people for not agreeing with you.

I cant help it Rcs has mancrush on me. God forbid that there is an actual topic here that is not me. But when you cant debate and are left with personal attacks what does that say about that individual? Ive had his ass on ignore for over a year so not much has changed. :lol:

Elevation inc
06-08-2010, 12:23 AM
gaffeny and lloyd couldnt do it with marshall drawing double coverage...what makes you think they can do it without him:lol::lol:..

theres a reason they havent cracked the lineup as a true #1wr

gaffney 282 yds and 2 td's his final 2 games, lloyd 4 catches for 90 when marshall was on the bench....i have no clue if it was a fluke, but i also have no clue it wasnt.....so im willing to give them a chance since they played hard as they could to close the season unlike some other players.....cough cough sheffler...cough cough...marshall....

Gimpygod
06-08-2010, 02:34 PM
They did not want to play here for anyone buy mike and jeremy even had they stayed who knows how they would have played.

get over them being gone cause they are.

I don't know, we just established that even if you happen to pick a good receiver they will take three years to develop. Your chances of putting someone on the field dangerous as Brandon Marshall are extremely remote. Can you at least give me an inch J.R. And admit McDaniels might be an immature coach and that he is punitive and far too ready to dump good players if they disagree with him (not necessarily bad for the team just disagree with him)? Give me a little bit and I'll stop being such a sourpuss because right now I feel like I have to really lean into the argument as the opposing side appears crazy, at least to me.

T.K.O.
06-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't know, we just established that even if you happen to pick a good receiver they will take three years to develop. Your chances of putting someone on the field dangerous as Brandon Marshall are extremely remote. Can you at least give me an inch J.R. And admit McDaniels might be an immature coach and that he is punitive and far too ready to dump good players if they disagree with him (not necessarily bad for the team just disagree with him)? Give me a little bit and I'll stop being such a sourpuss because right now I feel like I have to really lean into the argument as the opposing side appears crazy, at least to me.

i would agree that there is responsibility on both sides of the bm and jc deals.
perhaps if mcD was a more experienced hc he would have dealt with the situation better.
on the other hand he has a limited time frame to implement his system and get his team on the same page.diva's and distractions can be deadly in the scenario...so he did what he felt he had to do.
i give him props for that.....if the team ends up struggling because of it....then and only then will i start calling for a change.

arapaho2
06-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Rap generally speaking it takes receivers two to three years to develop it doesn't matter what round they are taken in. Marshall's rookie season was nothing to right home about. It took him a year to adjust to the pro game.

While I don't agree with you about how soon a player should make an impact especially a number pick at least you're consistent. Some people have taken the same position as yours for years but all of the sudden have flipped 180 degrees. Everyone certainly entitled to have a change of heart but when they have been admit about it for years but now since arrival of McDaniels they've had a change of heart it makes me wonder why.

im very well aware that in the real world we cant always expect a rookie wr to make a impact...however when your coach trades a 25 yr old two time probowl wr...a wr who was the biggest offensive threat we had since portis or TD

its not irrational to think when the coach then uses a 22nd overall pick on a wr, WHILE PASSING ON A WR IN DEZ WHO WAS CONSIDERED THE BEST WR IN THE DRAFT..

Then he shouldnt be a project player...we dont need a project....we need a offensive weapon...if we are happy with a solid wr who may develop in a year or two..we should have drafted tebow at 22 and picked up a project like benn or tate with a second

sure if i was positive gaffeny was a solid replacment for marshall..then give thomas his learning curve...but gaffeny isnt a replacement for marshall ...

arapaho2
06-08-2010, 05:27 PM
gaffney 282 yds and 2 td's his final 2 games, lloyd 4 catches for 90 when marshall was on the bench....i have no clue if it was a fluke, but i also have no clue it wasnt.....so im willing to give them a chance since they played hard as they could to close the season unlike some other players.....cough cough sheffler...cough cough...marshall....

we all know a couple games makes a career...thats why quentin griffen is still considered the next barry sanders :lol::lol::lol:

let me clue you in on something

marshall

4yrs...327rec....4,019yrd....25tds...205,1st downs

gaffeny

8 yrs...310rec...3,800yrds...17 tds...205 ist downs

gaffeny has had eight years to accomplish what marshall did in half the time...theres a reason for that...CAUSE HE ISNT #1WR MATERIAL...PERIOD!!!

underrated29
06-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Mcdouche

LMAO!!

Did you really speak that and it typed that out for you?? Or did you have to edit and type it in yourself?

I think that would be hilarious for it to type our Mcdouche for you...

-----sorry to side track everyone, but that was extremely funny to me.

TXBRONC
06-08-2010, 05:36 PM
im very well aware that in the real world we cant always expect a rookie wr to make a impact...however when your coach trades a 25 yr old two time probowl wr...a wr who was the biggest offensive threat we had since portis or TD

its not irrational to think when the coach then uses a 22nd overall pick on a wr, WHILE PASSING ON A WR IN DEZ WHO WAS CONSIDERED THE BEST WR IN THE DRAFT..

Then he shouldnt be a project player...we dont need a project....we need a offensive weapon...if we are happy with a solid wr who may develop in a year or two..we should have drafted tebow at 22 and picked up a project like benn or tate with a second

sure if i was positive gaffeny was a solid replacment for marshall..then give thomas his learning curve...but gaffeny isnt a replacement for marshall ...

We'll just have to disagree on part of this. Because while Dez was considered by many to be the best wide receiver in this draft there is no guarantee that he will make an impact either so even if we had taken him instead of Thomas I think chance are we would still be in the same boat.

I fully agree with you that Gaffney is no replacement for Marshall and neither is Lloyd for that matter. Royal is the best of our top three reciever and but he's better suited to being a 2nd option and I think he would/will be good in the slot he is used there.

arapaho2
06-08-2010, 05:53 PM
We'll just have to disagree on part of this. Because while Dez was considered by many to be the best wide receiver in this draft there is no guarantee that he will make an impact either so even if we had taken him instead of Thomas I think chance are we would still be in the same boat.

I fully agree with you that Gaffney is no replacement for Marshall and neither is Lloyd for that matter. Royal is the best of our top three reciever and but he's better suited to being a 2nd option and I think he would/will be good in the slot he is used there.

thats my point...our offense took a huge hit with tradeing marshall....whether anyone cares to admit it or not

today there are more an more schools playing a prostyle offense..there are rookie wrs coming into the game makeing a impact...percy harvin?

when my team loses the best wr we have had in years because of coach conflict...then i want to see we arent losing anything in offensive power

i dont wanna see a project...i dont wanna wait 2-3 years ...

Gimpygod
06-08-2010, 06:45 PM
LMAO!!

Did you really speak that and it typed that out for you?? Or did you have to edit and type it in yourself?

I think that would be hilarious for it to type our Mcdouche for you...

-----sorry to side track everyone, but that was extremely funny to me.

lol had to have my nephew type it! I could train it but im hoping Mcdaniels wont be here long enough to make it worth while.

rcsodak
06-08-2010, 10:09 PM

Hope that helps. :welcome:

rcsodak
06-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I cant help it Rcs has mancrush on me. God forbid that there is an actual topic here that is not me. But when you cant debate and are left with personal attacks what does that say about that individual? Ive had his ass on ignore for over a year so not much has changed. :lol:

Ok...you talk about "mancrush", and then mention my "ass"?

Too bad my "ass" isn't available for you to debate. You might have a chance. I've yet to see you debate. And talk about "personal attacks". That's almost laughable.

Frankly, I don't need to resort to that....gave it up for Lent. So nice try, northy.

rcsodak
06-08-2010, 10:20 PM

Being a player with all the talent in the world doesn't make up for the fact that he has had issues, rap.

I won't even delve into the lying to the NCAA...

....but he had trouble with classes....

....poor attitude at practices/in games....

...and for freaking sake, he "forgot" his fricking shoes for a game?

If that doesn't throw up a really big red flag, I don't know what does.

He may be the next coming of TO (BM) or even Marcus Nash.....

...but until he plays, Thomas COULD very well be the better of the two. Or for that matter, NEITHER may do anything and be playing in the IFL in 3yrs.

It's hard to look past Thomas' avg per reception, though, when you look at the offense he was in. Everybody knows Shanny (yep, I mentioned him) sure drafted on "upside".

rcsodak
06-08-2010, 10:23 PM
we all know a couple games makes a career...thats why quentin griffen is still considered the next barry sanders :lol::lol::lol:

let me clue you in on something

marshall

4yrs...327rec....4,019yrd....25tds...205,1st downs

gaffeny

8 yrs...310rec...3,800yrds...17 tds...205 ist downs

gaffeny has had eight years to accomplish what marshall did in half the time...theres a reason for that...CAUSE HE ISNT #1WR MATERIAL...PERIOD!!!

More likely, cuz he wasn't the only WR on a Denver Bronco team for 4 yrs. :lol:

WR gets the ball thrown to him as many times as BM did, he BETTER have good numbers.

Too bad, though, he couldn't get those numbers to translate into TD's and/or wins.

arapaho2
06-09-2010, 10:51 AM

WR gets the ball thrown to him as many times as BM did, he BETTER have good numbers.

Too bad, though, he couldn't get those numbers to translate into TD's and/or wins.

dallas ring a bell...wasnt marshalls TD the deciding factor

but again if marshall couldnt get wins...neither could gaffeny...or orton...or moreno...right?...cause its all on one players back..true?

but...heres the thing...orton and cutler arent just thowing at marshall cause they like him...they both made him the leading wr cause he gets open ..despite double teams

Ravage!!!
06-09-2010, 11:44 AM

He's supposed to translate those to wins??? :lol:

Here's a comparison:

Andre Johnson (first four years) 311 catches, 3955 yrds, 17 TDs

Brandon Marshall (same number) 327 catches, 4019 yrds, 25 TDs

The REALLY interesting part about this, is that Johnson had 16 more games started than Marshall. A full season's worth and Marshall STILL caught MORE TDs (since you want to knock him on that) than Andre Johnson.

But I guess we are just throwing the ball at Marshall because he's on the field, and not the one getting open and dominating his defender.

Ravage!!!
06-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Lying to the NCAA??? Thats the biggest knock on Dez, and I think thats the dumbest thing to hold against a player.... ever. Especially the lie itself.

TXBRONC
06-09-2010, 12:31 PM
dallas ring a bell...wasnt marshalls TD the deciding factor

but again if marshall couldnt get wins...neither could gaffeny...or orton...or moreno...right?...cause its all on one players back..true?

but...heres the thing...orton and cutler arent just thowing at marshall cause they like him...they both made him the leading wr cause he gets open ..despite double teams

Nah that can't be. Marshall's catch and run couldn't have been the difference. It was Orton's pass and goal line stand that won the game. Getting the points that put Denver ahead in that game were inconsequential. :coffee:

Bosco
06-10-2010, 03:23 PM

And as I've told you repeatedly, Marshall and Gaffney played the same role which is supposed to be the #3 progression in this offense yet was forced to become #1 since it was all Marshall could play. Now that Marshall is gone, we don't have that problem.

Gaffney doesn't have to replace Marshall 100+ catch production. He just needs to be the high end #3 receiver he's been for his whole career and catch 30-50 passes until Decker takes his job in the near future.

Sparky The Sun Devil
06-10-2010, 04:53 PM
who said his career was over?

T.K.O.
06-10-2010, 05:26 PM
he's already back and cleared by the medical staff ( ok start your BM hip jokes here)
be ready to see alot more of this....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1nDhGrYAx5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1nDhGrYAx5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lonestar
06-10-2010, 05:46 PM
he's already back and cleared by the medical staff ( ok start your BM hip jokes here)
be ready to see alot more of this....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1nDhGrYAx5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1nDhGrYAx5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

looks good to me and they were playing some good teams when he made these catches. No webber states, houston, memphis state, rices in that group.

Sparky The Sun Devil
06-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Lying to the NCAA??? Thats the biggest knock on Dez, and I think thats the dumbest thing to hold against a player.... ever. Especially the lie itself.

there were issues with not showing up to practice till it was about to end