PDA

View Full Version : Ken Griffey Jr retires

gnomeflinger
06-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Yup, you heard it here (twentieth at best?) folks. He retired today, 22 years to the day when he was first drafted into the MLB.

Today is one of the few times I wish Dream was here. He's a huge Mariner's fan. And were is G Money? I miss him. :sad:

SR
06-02-2010, 11:48 PM
I wonder how much my Griffey Jr rookie cards are worth. Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to go buy a Beckett.

broncophan
06-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Now he can sleep whenever he feels like it.......and no one will give him any shit for it...

atwater27
06-03-2010, 07:50 AM
One of the few recent superstars in baseball to (at least no evidence at this point) not be a roid rager. Class act, Kenny!

MileHighCrew
06-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Such an great career, considering the injuries it is amazing he put up the numbers he did. It is too bad his career ended like this.

gnomeflinger
06-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Such an great career, considering the injuries it is amazing he put up the numbers he did. It is too bad his career ended like this.

A few days ago, he told some local Seattle reporter person that he's on "24 hour retirement watch." She thought he was kidding, because he is a kidder. Guess he wasn't kidding. He ended his career on his own terms, so good for him. He wanted to retire in Seattle, and he did. He probably would have preferred to play the season through, but as he said, he didn't want to be a distraction for the rest of the team. So, have a great retirement, Ken. Come back and visit sometime. :salute:

Medford Bronco
06-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I wish Griffey well. Class act and seemed to be a real player that did not have any linkage to steriods.

I will look fwd to him being in the HOF in 6 years :salute:

One of the best CF of my lifetime.