PDA

View Full Version : On a positive note, the o-line is healing

Dean
06-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Harris is back this at practice week.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/06/01/return-of-rt-ryan-harris/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter&utm_content=Twitter

Blogs: All Things BroncosWednesday, June 02, 2010.CLASSIFIEDSJOBSAUTOSREAL Mike Klis

Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris
OT Ryan Harris leaves the field last season after injuring his toe. He missed the rest of the season. (AP)
It’s been the big right toe injury from Jahannam (term used by Muslims for Hades).

Broncos right tackle Ryan Harris, essentially out the past seven months because of his big toe problem, is expected to return to practice this week, if only on a limited basis.

The Broncos return for another round of offseason training activities (OTAs) Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

The Broncos were 6-0 last season when Harris suffered his big right toe injury early in game 7 against the Baltimore Ravens last Nov. 1. He returned five weeks later to play at Kansas City, only to re-injure the toe in the second offensive series. That time, X-rays revealed a fracture, which ultimately required surgery. The Broncos finished 8-8.

Now that Harris is returning for the final two weeks of offseason practices, the Broncos are hoping to get center/guard Russ Hochstein (left knee) back for the start of training camp in late July and left tackle Ryan Clady (left knee) practicing again some time before the start of the regular season (Sept. 12 at Jacksonville).

All contents Copyright 2010 The Denver Post or other copyright holders.
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed for any commercial purpose.

gobroncsnv
06-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Like a really good thing... if he can make it all the way back, and have a good, injury free season. I like the kid, he played well when he's in there.

Dean
06-02-2010, 09:22 PM
. . . and we saw what happened when he wasn't in there.

TXBRONC
06-02-2010, 10:08 PM
If Harris can stay healthy he's only shade below Clady as far his ability is concerned.

dogfish
06-02-2010, 10:29 PM
good news!

now we need the other ryan back in there. . .

TXBRONC
06-02-2010, 11:07 PM
good news!

now we need the other ryan back in there. . .

No kidding. I don't if they are best tandem in League but when they are healthy they are both very good tackles.

Lonestar
06-02-2010, 11:17 PM
I hope it works out for Harris as he is penciled in for protection Tebow blindside.. BUt I doubt he will be around to do so when he starts.

I have little confidence that he will be much more than an IR guy till he retires.

As for Clady being back in Sept if so he probably will not be his old self and may not be till next year. IIRC Lepsis had the same issue and it took a full year before he was worth a crap. Then he was druggie so no matter.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
06-03-2010, 01:28 AM
If Harris can stay healthy he's only shade below Clady as far his ability is concerned.

lmao

Bosco
06-03-2010, 02:01 AM
I have little confidence that he will be much more than an IR guy till he retires. Why? His back problems seem to be a thing of the past and this injury to the toe isn't going to be a recurring thing.

Lonestar
06-03-2010, 03:24 AM
First of all he will be portecting Tebow blindside. That is something I want more than him doing.

Backs once hurt rarely are 100% again. It is a matter of time before it flairs up again.

I think the dipped into the ROOKIE Well this year taking Beadles as his insurance replacement should the IR bug bite him again.

IIRC he has only played in 24 games of the 48 he has been eligible for since turning Pro. 50% is not good. PLUS this is a contract year for him I think he is gonzo after going on IR for 3 of his 4 years in the NFL.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

broncofaninfla
06-03-2010, 07:23 AM
No more excuses for Moreno.......

claymore
06-03-2010, 07:24 AM
No more excuses for Moreno.......

Other than coaching. :welcome:

TXBRONC
06-03-2010, 07:59 AM
lmao

IIRC in '08 when Clady gave up only a 1/2 for the year Harris gave up only 1 1/2 sacks. Last year he wasn't doing badly last year until he got hurt. :coffee:

TXBRONC
06-03-2010, 08:01 AM
First of all he will be portecting Tebow blindside. That is something I want more than him doing.

Backs once hurt rarely are 100% again. It is a matter of time before it flairs up again.

I think the dipped into the ROOKIE Well this year taking Beadles as his insurance replacement should the IR bug bite him again.

IIRC he has only played in 24 games of the 48 he has been eligible for since turning Pro. 50% is not good. PLUS this is a contract year for him I think he is gonzo after going on IR for 3 of his 4 years in the NFL.

He wasn't a starter until '08 so this is somewhat disingenuous.

Bosco
06-03-2010, 01:31 PM

It doesn't really matter that it's Tebow's blindside as teams very rarely, if ever, shift their pass rushers to go after lefty quarterbacks.

Beadles is going to be a guard too.