PDA

View Full Version : Noah arrested on Marijuana charges

Retired_Member_001
05-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Authorities in Gainesville have charged Chicago Bulls forward and former Florida star Joakim Noah with possession of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol.

Gainesville police spokesman Sgt. Rick Roberts said Noah was arrested around 1:50 a.m. Sunday after an officer spotted him on a sidewalk holding a plastic cup containing an amber drink, a violation of city law. During a search at the station, officers found marijuana in his pocket.

Noah was released after signing a notice to appear before a judge -- standard procedure for such offenses. He could face up to 6 months in jail and a $500 fine for the marijuana charge.

- BSPN

Ziggy
05-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah, the whole 6 months in jail thing will never happen. He'll get a slap on the wrist and at most some community service.

honz
05-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Keep that stuff in your house, brah! That's what Josh Howard does.

Broncospsycho77
05-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Wow, that's weird. It's not like Noah looks like a drugee or anything...

dogfish
05-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah, the whole 6 months in jail thing will never happen. He'll get a slap on the wrist and at most some community service.

as he should, assuming that he's a first-time offender-- jails are crowded enough as it is, no need for the taxpayers to shell out for a kid who had a little pot on him. . . IMO, his real crime was getting caught with an "amber drink"-- buy darker beer next time noah, they'll never know it isn't coke. . . . :laugh:

Retired_Member_001
05-27-2008, 11:54 AM
as he should, assuming that he's a first-time offender-- jails are crowded enough as it is, no need for the taxpayers to shell out for a kid who had a little pot on him. . . IMO, his real crime was getting caught with an "amber drink"-- buy darker beer next time noah, they'll never know it isn't coke. . . . :laugh:

His real crime is that ugly jump shot he has got.

It's Shawn Marion ugly.

honz
05-27-2008, 04:47 PM
His real crime is that ugly jump shot he has got.

It's Shawn Marion ugly.
Except for Shawn Marion's actually goes in sometimes...Noah couldn't hit the broad side from 15 feet.

BeefStew25
05-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Well, on the Screw Up Scale, there worse things you could be busted for.

Like rape.

Retired_Member_001
05-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Well, on the Screw Up Scale, there worse things you could be busted for.

Like rape.

I'm done arguing with you.

I pretty much owned you in the other thread and you won't listen.

Where's the finger in my ears smiley?

BeefStew25
05-28-2008, 03:59 PM
She said no and he did it anyway. You didn't own shit.

honz
05-29-2008, 01:21 PM
She said no and he did it anyway. You didn't own shit.
What are you talking about? Kobe is da best. He is da tru MVP. KB24MVP! Kobe is a tru role model! He is a great guy, but people only focus on when he is acting like a jerk and being himself...not when he is being a nice guy and being totally fake. It is truly an injustice!

Retired_Member_001
05-29-2008, 02:01 PM
What are you talking about? Kobe is da best. He is da tru MVP. KB24MVP! Kobe is a tru role model! He is a great guy, but people only focus on when he is acting like a jerk and being himself...not when he is being a nice guy and being totally fake. It is truly an injustice!

I find it so funny, and pathetic at the same time, that all through the season you say nothing about Kobe. THEN when it appears he will make the NBA Finals, you start hating him. You know your on top when people start to hate you.

Thanks guys for letting Kobe and Laker fans know, that we're on top.

:beer:

honz
05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I find it so funny, and pathetic at the same time, that all through the season you say nothing about Kobe. THEN when it appears he will make the NBA Finals, you start hating him. You know your on top when people start to hate you.

Thanks guys for letting Kobe and Laker fans know, that we're on top.

:beer:
Well, I didn't even start posting on the NBA board until the playoffs and I'm pretty sure I have made it clear before now that I don't like Kobe. Even if I haven't, though, I have hated Kobe since he was airballing 3 pointers in Utah during the playoffs in his first few seasons in the NBA.

I hate Kobe as a person, not as a player. I hate Kobe when his teams suck and I hate Kobe when his teams are good. A novel idea, I know, but it is the truth.