PDA

View Full Version : Week 1, Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda

omac
09-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Okay, week 1's over, which of your BENCH guys in any of your leagues seriously outscored your starters? With me ....

Eli outscored brother Peyton, who still did really well.

Tatum Bell outscored Brian Westbrook and Julius Jones combined.

Minnesotta Defense outscored Baltimore Defense (41 to 15 in one league).

underrated29
09-12-2007, 04:05 PM
omac.

i am in the same boat where eli, put up more the peyton...still pissed about that.

In-com-plete
09-12-2007, 04:58 PM
I started Lee Evans instead of Plaxico. Evans got 0 and Plax got 32.

I still won with 95, but it wouldn't have even been close.

Watchthemiddle
09-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Curry from the Raiders outscored all my WR's.

:confused:

dogfish
09-12-2007, 06:05 PM
roethlisberger on the bench instead of brees, and the vikings defense on the bench. . .

DenBronx
09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
roethlisberger on the bench instead of brees, and the vikings defense on the bench. . .

dayum!! yeah you might want to switch the qbs and start minn next week.

i got denvers defense which i think is going to blow up playing the raiders.

omac
09-12-2007, 09:15 PM
omac.

i am in the same boat where eli, put up more the peyton...still pissed about that.

Reading the Giants' forums, there's news that Eli might be able to play. The injury to his shoulder is extremely painful, but if he can take the pain, the doctors said playing won't aggravate the injury.

Still, I'd rely on Peyton over Eli, until Eli does this performance a bunch of times.

omac
09-12-2007, 09:18 PM

Plaxico is tough to judge; he has great talent, but he has the reputation of being lazy. Makes me wonder if he really had an injury in the offseason, because he was instantly well on gameday. :D

I have him in one of my leagues, and I was seriously considering benching him.

omac
09-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Despite the results, I usually go by last season's stats as the indicator first.

dogfish
09-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Reading the Giants' forums, there's news that Eli might be able to play. The injury to his shoulder is extremely painful, but if he can take the pain, the doctors said playing won't aggravate the injury.

Still, I'd rely on Peyton over Eli, until Eli does this performance a bunch of times.

dr. james andrews, one of the country's foremost orthopedists, cleared him to play-- that doesn't guarantee that he will, but it seems likely. . . of course, he's not going to be facing that cowgirls swiss cheese secondary every week, though. . . .

Medford Bronco
09-12-2007, 09:48 PM
dr. james andrews, one of the country's foremost orthopedists, cleared him to play-- that doesn't guarantee that he will, but it seems likely. . . of course, he's not going to be facing that cowgirls swiss cheese secondary every week, though. . . .

Also if he gets slammed on the shoulder again, he could really separate it badly and be out 6 weeks.

He would face a much improved Green Bay team this week, which made McNabb look very foolish last week.

Their backup is kinda built like Janikowski. He looks like a bowling ball out there :laugh:

omac
09-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Their backup is kinda built like Janikowski. He looks like a bowling ball out there :laugh:

Quarter(got)back, Hefty Lefty, The Pillsbury Throwboy, J.Load, Round Mound of Touchdown, BBQ (Big Beautiful Quarterback), Barrel and J-Lo.

LOL at BBQ :lol:

broncosfanscott
09-12-2007, 10:06 PM
This totally sucks. If I would have switched two guys I would have won my game. Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes. :tsk:

Broncos Mtnman
09-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Started Bulger and benched Kitna.

I still won though, thanks to Pitt defense.

dogfish
09-13-2007, 04:58 AM
dayum!! yeah you might want to switch the qbs and start minn next week.

i got denvers defense which i think is going to blow up playing the raiders.

i am gonna start cheeseburger against buffalo, but no way i'm playing minnesota's D against detroit and mike martz's offense when i've got jacksonville against that putrid atlanta O. . . .

oh, did i mention that i also had romo on the bench in one of my leagues?

:frusty: :boom:

BroncoBJ
09-13-2007, 05:23 AM

You started Evans?? :laugh:
I gave advise to a guy in my league who has Evans NOT to start him and he did. Silly guy.

But for me I should have started Marshawn Lynch over Jerious Norwood.
And I should have started Brandon Marshall over Darrell Jackson.

And I should have started Derrick Mason over Larry Fitzerald.

I won but completely sucked this week. :elefant:

omac
09-13-2007, 07:47 AM
I gave advise to a guy in my league who has Evans NOT to start him and he did. Silly guy.

Marshawn was amazing. He looked bigger than I thought he was when I watched his clippings. Has the speed, the patience, the smarts, and the toughness. I guess you're starting him now every game, ay?

One rookie I chose as my #1 runningback in both leagues I joined and is paying dividends is Adrian Peterson. When I saw what he could do in the preseason, I had a feeling he was going to make an impact immediately. I also read an article on Yahoo by one of their analysts who rank the players for the Yahoo FF leagues, that in hindsight, they ranked AP way too low. By upside alone, he was better than most top 10 rb's, so when all the top tier ones were taken, I was fortunate to get him on both my teams.

In-com-plete
09-13-2007, 09:04 AM

Sometimes I do the homer thing and it backfires. Sometimes I'm anti-homer and it backfires. Now I just start the best guy no matter what.

Ex:
Last year I benched Hines Ward when we played them because I was so certain we'd shut him down. He had like 8 catches for 125. That was 16 points as we also got a point for a catch in that league. I lost that game by 2.

underrated29
09-13-2007, 12:05 PM
WHO DO you guys think will be week 2's shoulda woulda coulda's????

for me it will be marshawn starting instead of carnell williams. marsh will probably get shut down, and williams will play through the pain and run all over new orleans.

also my shoulda player will be starting cooley of greg olsen. i just have a feeling the bears are going to air it out soon and he will be the man. (hopefully not this week though)

omac
09-13-2007, 03:02 PM
WHO DO you guys think will be week 2's shoulda woulda coulda's????

for me it will be marshawn starting instead of carnell williams. marsh will probably get shut down, and williams will play through the pain and run all over new orleans.

also my shoulda player will be starting cooley of greg olsen. i just have a feeling the bears are going to air it out soon and he will be the man. (hopefully not this week though)

Tough to say right now; lots of tough defenses going up against premiere players, and so many key injuries.

I have Tatum in one team, and he put up good numbers against the Raiders, but now they face Minnesotta, #1 against the run last season, so I'm not playing him. I don't think I'll be wrong here, though.

Joe Horn is a #1 WR for Atlanta, but their offense is horrendous, so I'm starting a #2 RB in his place at the flex possition, Najeh Davenport. No way will he put up big numbers, but he still might outproduce Horn. Many teams in this league, so it's rare to have a lot of good #1s. If Atlanta gets their act together, and Horn puts up decent numbers, this will by my shoulda.

I was also thinking of taking a chance on starting James Jones who became GB's #2 WR because of an injury, and we all know Brett likes to throw the ball. He didn't have good numbers the last time, though.

Watchthemiddle
09-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Started Bulger and benched Kitna.

I still won though, thanks to Pitt defense.

I started Kitna over Rivers. Kitna is my guy every week. Running a Martz offense with the weapons he has should put up HUGE numbers.

The lions might not win many games ( unless they play the Raiders every week..:laugh:) but I think Kitna is going to put of big fantasy numbers.

Reidman
09-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Started Leinart over Delhome in my money league.

Figured Leinart would have chewed up 49ers defense like he has in the past. Boy was I wrong. I still won by 2 points but it was way too close and I thought he might have lost it for me on that last INT of the game. I also had Boldin starting so that helped me when they got the TD.

I ended up 4-1 in all leagues, not a bad start!

BroncoBJ
09-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Marshawn was amazing. He looked bigger than I thought he was when I watched his clippings. Has the speed, the patience, the smarts, and the toughness. I guess you're starting him now every game, ay?

One rookie I chose as my #1 runningback in both leagues I joined and is paying dividends is Adrian Peterson. When I saw what he could do in the preseason, I had a feeling he was going to make an impact immediately. I also read an article on Yahoo by one of their analysts who rank the players for the Yahoo FF leagues, that in hindsight, they ranked AP way too low. By upside alone, he was better than most top 10 rb's, so when all the top tier ones were taken, I was fortunate to get him on both my teams.

Yea he did impress me and he was a lot bigger then I thought he was. But I'm not starting him this week. I'm going to wait one more week ;) I dont know how good he will do vs the Steelers.

and Yea In-Com-Plete. I know what you mean.

I usually dont start players vs Denver unless its a proven stud.