PDA

View Full Version : F.Adams visits Broncos

Flatinum
05-28-2010, 01:30 PM
FYI

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8185fb9f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

spikerman
05-28-2010, 01:32 PM
I wonder how many bubble screens it will take to overcome his 3 or 4 false start penalties per game.

Day1BroncoFan
05-28-2010, 01:32 PM
After reading that, I am wondering why they released him. Maybe they know something we don't?

Tempus Fugit
05-28-2010, 01:50 PM
After reading that, I am wondering why they released him. Maybe they know something we don't?

He's slowed down quite a bit, so he needs to be fast off the snap or he'll get beaten. That leads to a lot of false start penalties. He should probably move inside to guard, but he may feel that it's too late in his career to do that, or he may consider it an insult, or he may just be hoping for the extra money that a tackle generally gets.

Poet
05-28-2010, 01:58 PM

He can't block speed rushers. Note that I didn't say 'good' or 'great' speed rushers.

DenBronx
05-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Isn't Alen Faneca available too?

Flozell would be a good security blanket in case Clady doesn't recover in time and if Harris goes down with yet another injury i'm sure Adams could slide over to RT if needed. Plus it would be good to rotate with Clady to keep him fresh well into the 4th.

I would love this and the Westbrook signing.

BigBroncLove
05-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Faneca is with the Cardinals now. He was picked up almost directly after the draft when he was released.

Italianmobstr7
05-28-2010, 02:21 PM
I'll be so mad if we sign this fat, slow retard. He's terrible. He's been terrible for a while now. I really don't like the guy, and he's one of the most penalized lineman in the league. If we do bring him in, I hope it's only to teach the younger guys what to do in situations, and then we cut his ass before the season.

BigBroncLove
05-28-2010, 02:27 PM
I'll be so mad if we sign this fat, slow retard. He's terrible. He's been terrible for a while now. I really don't like the guy, and he's one of the most penalized lineman in the league. If we do bring him in, I hope it's only to teach the younger guys what to do in situations, and then we cut his ass before the season.

What, you don't want SloMo Adams with the Broncos? :D

It could just be bringing in competition if they sign Adams, but it does make me worried that whatever they are seeing from Polumbus and Beadles so far is not reassuring enough for them to stick with it.

dogfish
05-28-2010, 02:29 PM
ugghhh. . . this doesnt make me excited about cladys timetable, to say the least. . .
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

DenBronx
05-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Well Flozell is an upgrade over Polumbus.

GEM
05-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Oh hell no!! I don't want that schmuck leg whipping slow mofo on my team. :yardog:

Dirk
05-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't think he will get past McD's intelligence test. :coffee:

honz
05-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Does "F" stand for Fatass Adams?

SOCALORADO.
05-28-2010, 04:57 PM
I dont think this is really an indication of how Beadles or Polumbus are progressing.
DEN has alot of O-Line injury issues and because of it, they need some depth still even after the rookies they drafted. Last year the O-line was tired and run down. They need depth, and so they are bringing in some possiblitities. Thats it to me.

drewloc
05-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh hell no!! I don't want that schmuck leg whipping slow mofo on my team. :yardog:

Didn't he pull that crap on Doom last year? I seem to remember he did, screw that guy.

TXBRONC
05-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Didn't he pull that crap on Doom last year? I seem to remember he did, screw that guy.

Yes he did.

There has to be better depth options out there.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-30-2010, 07:08 AM
The fact that we're still out there courting O-linemen (Adams, Procter) this far into the offseason after we've already brought in a few street FAs and drafted 3 guys leads me to believe that maybe the guys we have that are healthy (ie not Clady or Harris) aren't really impressing anyone. If those aforementioned guys can't make it back in time to start the season it's starting to look like we're in a heap of trouble.

I just hope it's not an indication of what McDaniels thinks of the current O-linemen. If he's bringing in Adams, it's indicative that we're not happy with what we have. A big-name (even if he's not what he used to be) LT like Adams doesn't come in just to be "depth".

Lonestar
05-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Josh is looking at talent. If they upgrade us and we can get a couple of years whille our rookies develop what in the hell is bad about that.

Y'all are ANALizing every thing to the ninth degree

There is NO WAY he can judge the guys we have on the rostr till the hitting starts. GMAFB
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
05-30-2010, 08:10 AM
The fact that we're still out there courting O-linemen (Adams, Procter) this far into the offseason after we've already brought in a few street FAs and drafted 3 guys leads me to believe that maybe the guys we have that are healthy (ie not Clady or Harris) aren't really impressing anyone. If those aforementioned guys can't make it back in time to start the season it's starting to look like we're in a heap of trouble.

I just hope it's not an indication of what McDaniels thinks of the current O-linemen. If he's bringing in Adams, it's indicative that we're not happy with what we have. A big-name (even if he's not what he used to be) LT like Adams doesn't come in just to be "depth".

Maybe but if it's true that Adams doesn't have the leg bend the way he used to then how much could he be? If he were brought in to start and Orton is the starting quarterback that's not good combination.

broncofaninfla
05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
If this team doesn't have room for Cutler, Marshall and Sheff, it damn sure better not have room for Flozell Adams. He plays dirty and gets beaten way too often and is not the type of player I want on this team. This would be Dale Carter all over again. Pass.......